Some of us want the best data plan, some want the best package for families, some want the best plan for voice and text, some want the best plan to pay as you go, and many more. The custom demands are numerous and we keep asking that who has the cheapest phone plans?
To answer that question and help you choose the best phone plan, we’ve researched hundreds of data plans and sorted the cheapest plans for you.
Here, we’ve listed the carriers and which plans they are well-known for according to different requirements. Also, check the carriers’ official websites to check the availability of the plans and coverage in your area.
- Who has the cheapest phone plans for one person?
- 1. Republic Wireless
- 2. TracFone
- 3. T-Mobile
- Who has the cheapest phone plans with unlimited everything?
- 4. T-Mobile – The cheapest phone plan with unlimited everything.
- 5. Metro by T-Mobile
- 6. Sprint
- 7. Boost Mobile
- Who has the cheapest phone plans with pay per usage?
- 8. Ting
- 9. Ultra Mobile
- Who has cheap cable and internet packages?
- 10. COX
- 11. Xfinity
- Our recommendation for the cheapest phone plans
- Final Verdict
Who has the cheapest phone plans for one person?
Our first targeted phone plan is for those who want a single line and enjoy data, text, and talk with as little payment as possible.
So, we found 3 carriers that you can consider as the cheapest phone plans for one person. There are other carriers that you might consider if these carriers’ signal strength isn’t satisfactory in your area.
1. Republic Wireless
This is a no-contract plan so that you can change the plan whenever you like. Also, you can get a refund within 14 days of your plan purchase and it helps anyone to decide only after using the service.
With no activation, line access, or overage fees, Republic Wireless has truly one of the best phone plans for one person. You can switch to their network, choose a plan, and use it as a risk-free trial for 14 days.
Within this period, you can opt out, get to choose another plan, and have a refund of the previous plan. Also, for data connection, you can stay in control of your monthly bill and don’t pay for what you don’t need. Let’s see the plan pricing excluding taxes
- You can buy unlimited text and talk for only $15 per month and save a maximum of $30 in case you buy the plan for 12 months in advance.
- You can buy unlimited text, talk, and 1GB of data for only $20 per month and save a maximum of $40 in case you buy the plan 12 months in advance.
- You can buy unlimited text, talk, and 2GB of data for only $25 per month and save a maximum of $50 in case you buy the plan 12 months in advance.
- In addition, you can get more data if you need it for only $5 per 1GB per month. The limit for this extra data is 15GB per month.
TracFone is offering the same deal as Republic Wireless. But there’s a slight difference and it can make you choose this one instead of the one from Republic Wireless.
That extra benefit in the TracFone plan is the unlimited carryover of unused data to the next month. Also, it has nationwide coverage with the most reliable mobile networks.
You’ve already known how beneficial it is to have data carryover to the next month as it helps you to get the most out of each penny. On top of that, the limit for the carryover data is not present and you can full unused data in the next month with your active account.
Moreover, TracFone won’t tell you to sign any contracts or pay activation and cancellation fees. Also, you won’t need to spend on any overages, hidden fees, or bills. Only paying the taxes and some necessary charges what all other carriers charge will be enough.
- You can buy unlimited text, talk, and 1GB 4G LTE data for only $20 per month excluding taxes and fees.
- You can buy unlimited text, talk, and 2GB 4G LTE data for only $25 per month excluding taxes and fees.
- You can buy unlimited text, talk, and 3GB 4G LTE data for only $30 per month excluding taxes and fees.
Comparing other plans with Republic Wireless and TracFone, you can say that this plan from T-Mobile is expensive.
But your view will be changed if you consider the data limit of this package. With a 10GB data limit per month, this is the cheapest phone plan for one person who needs data limits close to heavy users.
Considering the price and other benefits, this is actually the cheapest plan for a single person. This phone plan will give you the freedom to use more without paying much.
Among other features and benefits, you can share the purchased data with your mobile hotspot, have Wi-Fi calling facility, enjoy unlimited music, and have a data maximizer.
This prepaid plan is also very cost-effective for those who travel to Mexico or Canada a lot. It’s is a limited-time offer from T-Mobile and you must click the link to check the availability. You may also discover T-Mobile deals for existing customers.
- For a Simply Prepaid plan with 4G LTE 10GB data, and unlimited talk & text, you’ll have to pay $40 excluding taxes and fees.
- For Coverage in Mexico and Canada, you’ll only need to pay an additional $5 per month and $15 for stateside international calling.
Who has the cheapest phone plans with unlimited everything?
If you’re a heavy user and want unlimited everything, you can check this section. It’s because we’ve compared many unlimited plans and came up with 4 carriers who offer the cheapest plans with unlimited everything considering the price and other benefits.
All of these plans are suitable for single-line subscriptions as well as for multiple lines. It’s especially beneficial to families with 4 or 5 members. Let’s get to know the plans and see how you can save money for multiple lines.
4. T-Mobile – The cheapest phone plan with unlimited everything.
The first unlimited data plan comes from T-Mobile with a discounted price for multiple lines.
There are 2 plans named Simply Prepaid unlimited and Simply Prepaid Unlimited Plus and both of them offer unlimited 4G data until you reach the limit for fair usage policy. After that, the speed will be 3G.
The plan includes unlimited domestic talk and text, unlimited 4G LTE data inside the US, Wi-Fi calling, mobile hotspot, unlimited music, and a data maximizer.
For mobile hotspots, you can share unlimited data at 3G speed on Simply Prepaid Unlimited and up to 10GB at 4G speed on Simply Prepaid Unlimited Plus.
Moreover, you can make an international call and get plan coverage in Mexico or Canada with additional charges which are $15 and $5 per month respectively.
- For a Simply Prepaid Unlimited plan with 4G LTE unlimited data on your smartphone only, talk and text, you’ll have to pay $50 excluding taxes and fees. Moreover, you can save $20 for 2 lines, $40 for 3 lines, $60 for 4 lines, and $80 for 5 lines.
- For a Simply Prepaid plan with 4G LTE unlimited data, talk and text, you’ll have to pay $60 excluding taxes and fees. Moreover, you can save $30 for 2 lines, $60 for 3 lines, $90 for 4 lines, and $120 for 5 lines.
- For Coverage in Mexico and Canada, you’ll only need to pay an additional $5 per month and $15 for stateside international calling.
5. Metro by T-Mobile
The most popular MVNO that uses T-Mobile’s network also offers some lucrative packages for unlimited data. The plan details and pricing are the same as T-Mobile with some added benefits. Here, we’ll tell you only the extra benefits and you can click the link to get more details on the plans.
Like T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile has 3 plans. The first one is limited to 10GB 4G LTE data per month and the other 2 are for unlimited 4G LTE data with a fair usage policy. But the $50 per line unlimited plan and the $60 per line unlimited plan have something more that you won’t find on T-Mobile.
- By buying the $50 plan, you can get up to 5GB 4G data sharing through the mobile hotspot and up to 100GB cloud storage on Google One.
- With buying the $60 plan, you can get up to 15GB 4G data sharing through the mobile hotspot, Amazon Prime subscription, and up to 100GB cloud storage on Google One. Moreover, to get 4 lines on this plan, you’ll need to pay only $120. And for 5 lines, it’s only $150.
Sprint offers 3 unlimited plans and huge discount benefits for multiple lines. Those 3 are Unlimited Basic, Unlimited Plus, and Unlimited Premium.
The Unlimited Plus is a little bit costlier but it beats other plans from other carriers by a mile. You can get limited 4G data usage in Mexico and Canada and get basic data connection in more than 200 countries by choosing any of the 3 unlimited plans.
The extra benefits include a Hulu subscription for all 3 packages, a Tidal subscription for Unlimited Plus and Unlimited Premium plans, and more on Unlimited Premium.
We love the Unlimited Plus plan for unlimited data, talk, and text because it is enough for one person as well as for a family. Also, when you keep adding more lines, you’ll start getting more discounts.
- For $70 per month, you’ll get unlimited everything, 1080p video streaming, 50GB 4G data for mobile hotspot, and 5G compatibility. Also, you can save a maximum of $210 per month by purchasing this plan for 5 lines.
- The promotional Unlimited Kickstart plan is also an unlimited plan that you can get for only $35 when you bring your phone to Sprint or buy a device from Sprint’s online store. Moreover, you won’t have to worry about any annual contracts.
7. Boost Mobile
The best thing about the plans from Boost mobile is that the taxes and fees are included in the price. So, you only pay what you’re seeing on its website.
Also, you won’t need service contracts for any time period, almost 99% nationwide network coverage, mobile hotspot to a certain limit for all plans, and unlimited music streaming. Moreover, Boost Mobile is offering an amazing phone plan deal when you switch to their network.
The first thing we want to talk about is the unlimited everything plan deal. If you switch to Boost Mobile and opt for 4 lines, you’ll only need to pay $25 per month for each line.
It means that you can enjoy unlimited data, talk, text, limited mobile hotspot, SD video streaming, music streaming, and gaming for all 4 lines at only $100 per month.
The regular unlimited plans from Boost Mobile start from $35 per month and you can choose a maximum of $80 per month. So, from light users to heavy users, everyone can find a plan for them.
All plans include a hotspot facility for a certain limit and a Tidal subscription for at least 6 months. It also includes $20 discounts when you each line to the plan.
- For $50 per month, you’ll be able to enjoy 12GB of 4G mobile hotspot, SD video streaming, 500kbps music streaming, and gaming at a maximum speed of 2mbps.
- For heavy users, you can choose the $80 per month package which includes Tidal Premium subscription, HD video streaming, International Connect Plus, top priority customer care, and 8mbps gaming speed.
Who has the cheapest phone plans with pay per usage?
These plans are not made by the carriers but those will be designed by yourself. You can name these plans as the most flexible phone plans. Almost all carriers offer pay-as-you-go plans and we selected 2 carriers that’ll serve your interest.
Ting has created such a pool of talk, text, and data that you’ll only have to pay the exact amount of your total monthly usage after the end of the billing cycle.
There’s only a fixed charge for each line and other services include flexible payment. They also promise of no contracts and no cancellation fees.
Ting only charges the applicable taxes, regulatory fees, and government-imposed surcharges. Otherwise, using the data, calling, and texting inside the US, you won’t see any hidden charges.
Also, you’ll have to pay nothing except the line rent for no talk, text, or data usage. Paying the charges for the line will keep it active. For, international calls and roaming outside of the US, you’ll have to pay extra if you choose Ting.
- With the 1st line on Ting, you’ll need to pay $6 per month and the $6 will keep adding for each extra line. However, you can save money on the whole monthly usage if you add more lines.
- For 100 minutes of talk, Ting will charge you only $3. Also, it’ll cost $9 for 101 to 500 minutes, $18 for 501 to 1000 minutes, $35 for 1001 to 2100 minutes, and 1.9 cents per minute for 2100+ minutes of talk time.
- For 100 texts, Ting will charge you only $3. Also, it’ll cost $5 for 101 to 1000 texts, $8 for 1001 to 2000 texts, $11 for 2001 to 4800 texts, and 0.25 cents per text for 4800+ text messages
- For 100MB data, Ting will charge you only $3. Also, it’ll cost $10 for 101 to 500MB data, $16 for 501 to 1GB data, $20 for 1.1 to 2GB data, and $10 per GB for 2GB+ 4G data.
9. Ultra Mobile
Ultra Mobile has named their plan PayGo which requires no contract and you can enjoy it bringing your own phone to Ultra Mobile’s network. This is a simple plan with basic charges and flexible payment for what you use.
There are not many details you can get on the plan details. But you can get specific cost estimation if you register on Ultra Mobile and log in to your account. Let’s see the cost of the PayGo offer and some more plans.
- Paying only $3 per month, you can enjoy 30 minutes of talk time, 30 text messages, or a combination of both that add up to 30. For more text and talk, you’ll be charged 10 cents per text and per minute of talk time.
- For 24 hours or 1 day, you can get 500MB of 4G LTE data paying only $5.
- For 7 days, you can get 1GB of 4G LTE data paying only $10.
- For 7 days, you can get unlimited talk and text paying only $10.
Who has cheap cable and internet packages?
We found COX and Xfinity who are offering cheap cable and internet packages in a bundle. For individual services, you may find other carriers with better pricing. But you won’t find one with the bundle.
COX is offering 2 very attractive cable and internet bundles that cost less and give you the speed you need for uninterrupted entertainment.
The lowest-priced bundles are called the Bronze Duo and the Silver Duo. Moreover, you can enjoy 50+ music channels on both bundles.
The cable portion of the bundle is offered with free HD programming, anywhere access, and many more. The internet part features Panoramic Wi-Fi and free access to 650,000+ Wi-Fi hotspots.
- The Bronze Duo charges $89.99 per month when you pay for 12 months in advance and agree to take their service for 2 years. Otherwise, you’ll have to pay $162.48 per month for this 50-times faster connection speed than dial-up connections. This bundle includes 140+ channels and up to 150Mbps of download and 10Mbps of upload speed with a 1024GB data limit.
- The Silver Duo charges $129.99 per month when you pay for 12 months in advance and agree to take their service for 2 years. Otherwise, you’ll have to pay $239.48 per month for this 200-times faster connection speed than dial-up connections. This bundle includes 170+ channels and up to 300Mbps of download and 30Mbps of upload speed with a 1024GB data limit.
The plan we’re about to share costs almost half of the lowest-priced plan from COX. The best part is that this limited-time pricing has a higher speed than COX’s Bronze Duo. So, act right now before the offer for the bundle ends.
The plan includes Performance Pro speed, Xfinity Stream app, and Cloud DVR with 20 hours of storage. The speed of the internet connection is more than 58 times faster than a dial-up connection.
- With $49.99, you can enjoy 10+ channels which is not much but you can choose another plan that costs $79.99 with 140+ channels. You’ll be eligible for this discount rate if you agree to take their services for 1 year. Also, you’ll have to pay $93.95 after the promotion ends.
- This $49.99 package will give you a data connection speed of 175Mbps for download which can support 8 devices easily. But all citizens of all areas in the US will not be able to enjoy this service with the mentioned speed.
Our recommendation for the cheapest phone plans
We’ve gathered multiple plans for pay-per-use, single line, unlimited everything, and cable+internet because all of those are very close to the cheapest plan available.
Hence, you won’t get disheartened if you see the only available cheap phone plan isn’t available in your area. But it is our duty to recommend the cheapest phone plans and we’re listing it below with reasons.
- Getting the cheapest phone plans for one person, we recommend you to check out the plan from T-Mobile if you’re a medium user. If you think about the data limit in the Simply Prepaid package, you’ll see that the pricing is actually less than others. Other carriers are offering $5 per GB and this package should’ve cost you $50 only for the data. But you can get it for only $40 even with unlimited talk and text.
- Getting the cheapest phone plans for unlimited everything, we recommend you to go for the plan from Metro by T-Mobile because of its extra features and benefits. If you think you need more than that, you can check out the unlimited plans and deals from Boost Mobile. Boost is really cheap for a family with a member of 4 or 5.
- Getting the cheapest phone plans with pay per usage, we recommend you to subscribe for the plan from Ting because it truly gives you the power to plan your own payment and usage. For data, talk, and text, you can customize all 3 according to your needs without any contract.
- Getting a cheap cable and internet package, we recommend you act quickly before the offers end from both COX and Xfinity. The clear winner in this promotional-offer battle is Xfinity.
- It’s because they are offering more speed with almost half the price of COX’s plans. It’s true that you’ll have to compromise the number of channels but you can go for their next bundle at only $79.99. And the best part is that it still costs less than the Bronze Duo from COX.
Instead of looking for who has the cheapest phone plans, we should look for the carriers that are offering the cheapest plans according to our needs.
Not all packages of a cell phone carrier are the cheapest or the best. That’s why we’ve given you multiple plans for different use cases.