Are you wondering when you can upgrade your metropcs phone? I have a few ideas on this topic. One idea is to wait until after they release their new line of phones in march, as those are supposed to be good.
Alternatively, if you want a Metro pcs upgrade phone now, then it’s possible that if your contract is up for renewal, they will give you a discount on a new phone as long as your current service with them isn’t too bad and you’ve been with them for a while.
It would also be worth checking out other carriers because there might be some better deals happening right now than what Metropcs has going on.
So think about what kind of carrier plan fits best with your needs and budget before making any decisions. Let’s start when can I get a upgrade on my metropcs phone.
When Can I Get a Upgrade On My Metropcs Phone
- When the Metro PCS phone is paid off
- If the contract term expires, or metropcs will allow you to upgrade if your account is in good standing and it has been at least 12 months since you’ve acquired the device.
- If your bill cycle ends between 14th-28th, you can upgrade during the first week of the following month. Upgrade availability also depends on stock.
- If you have a phone bought through one of Metro PCS’ promotions, such as the Bring Your Phone program or a seasonal promotion, it might not be eligible for an upgrade even if it’s paid off.
- You can upgrade your phone through the metropcs webpage by going to this link. If you declare your upgrade online, then you can get a new device immediately if it’s in stock or within 5-7 business days if they need to order it for you.
- You can also do the above process over the phone by calling 611 from your Metro PCS phone or 1-800-MetroPCS (1-800-638-7727) from any phone.
- You can also go to a Metro PCS store and upgrade your phone through their kiosks.
- If you have an iPhone activated on the T-Mobile network, you are not eligible for an upgrade.
- If you have a phone financed through the EIP, you will need to finish paying it off before upgrading to a new device.
- You can only upgrade one phone at a time.
- Your old phone must be turned in when upgrading, or you will be charged a fee.
- If you’re on a family plan, then the upgrade process will work the same for everyone on the account.
Some Tips for Upgrading Metro PCS Phones
- Metro PCS offers a ‘New Every Two’ program which allows customers to upgrade to a new phone every two years.
- You can trade-in your old phone and receive a discount on the price of a new phone.
- A family plan will allow everyone to upgrade at the same time.
- If your store has a kiosk, it’s wise to upgrade right before you renew your service or at the beginning of your bill cycle so that they don’t try to upsell you on other phone accessories.
- You can buy phones and accessories online and in-store for roughly the same price, but Metro PCS’ online store does offer free shipping as well as offering lower prices on specific devices.
- If you sign up for auto-pay, Metro PCS will give you a $5 discount on your monthly bill, or if you sign up to automatically renew your plan, they’ll give you a $2 discount instead.
- If someone has an issue with their phone or fails for any reason within 30 days, Metro PCS will give them a new device.
- If you’re buying a phone on the T-Mobile network, be sure to know that GSM phones are compatible with T-Mobile and phones that are CDMA are not.
- You can only switch one phone at a time, and your old phone must be turned in when upgrading.
- Metro PCS offers a 14-day return policy on all new phones, so you can always change your mind after purchasing a new device.
How much does it cost to upgrade your phone at metropcs
MetroPCS customers can upgrade their phones at any time, but there are a few things to keep in mind before doing so. In this article, we’ll cover when and how you can upgrade your MetroPCS phone, as well as some tips for upgrading.
You can upgrade your phone through the Metro pcs free phones with activation. If you declare your upgrade online, then you can get a new device immediately if it’s in stock or within 5-7 business days if they need to order it for you.
MetroPCS offers a ‘New Every Two’ program which allows customers to upgrade to a new phone every two years. You can also upgrade through the metropcs website by going to this link and clicking on ‘I want to upgrade now.
If you have an iPhone activated on the T-Mobile network, you are not eligible for an upgrade. If you have a phone financed through the EIP, you will need to finish paying it off before upgrading to a new device.
You can only upgrade one phone at a time, and your old phone must be turned in when upgrading, or you will be charged a fee. If you’re on a cell phone family plan, then the upgrade process will work the same for everyone on the account.
MetroPCS also offers a 14-day return policy on all new phones, so you can always change your mind after purchasing a new device.
How to Upgrade Your MetroPCS Phone
- Go to the MetroPCS website and click on ‘I want to upgrade now.’
- Enter your phone number and password, and then click on login.
- Select the device you want to upgrade to, and click on next.
- If the device is in stock, you can pick it up immediately at a store near you. If the device needs to be ordered, then you’ll have 5-7 business days to pick it up.
- After selecting your device, choose your plan and then click on next.
- Review your order, and then click Checkout.
- Enter your payment details and then click on submit.
- You will get a verification email once your order has been placed.
- To pick up your new device, go to the store where you purchased it and show the associate your order confirmation email.
- Pay for the device with cash or a credit card before leaving the shop.
- The associate will have you sign a few forms and give you your new phone.
FAQs About Upgrading Your MetroPCS Phone
Q: Can I upgrade my phone at any time?
Yes, you can upgrade your phone at any time. However, if you’re on a family plan, the people listed as the primary account holder will need to initiate any upgrades.
You must also show that you’ve paid off any EIP device that you have before being allowed to upgrade. Otherwise, you will add your new phone to the equipment installment plan.
Q: I have an iPhone on my MetroPCS account, is it eligible for an upgrade?
No, iPhones are not eligible for upgrades. You must use a phone that’s compatible with T-Mobile’s network.
Q: What happens to my old phone when I upgrade?
When you upgrade, your old phone must be turned in and cannot be used again. If you don’t turn in your old phone, you will be charged a fee.
Q: I’m on a family plan, Does everyone on the account need to upgrade at the same time?
No, each member of the family plan can upgrade at their discretion. However, you can upgrade only one phone per account at a time.
Q: How long do I have to wait to upgrade after buying a new phone?
MetroPCS does not have a waiting period after buying a new phone. You can upgrade as soon as you’d like, as long as your old phone is turned in and you’re eligible for an upgrade.
Q: Can I return my new phone if I’m not happy with it?
Yes, MetroPCS offers a 14-day return policy on all new phones. If you’re not happy with your new device, then you can return it within 14 days and receive a full refund.
Once you’ve paid off any EIP device that you have and your old phone is ready to be turned in, then you can upgrade to a new phone.
When can i get a upgrade on my metropcs phone, make sure that the new device is compatible with the MetroPCS network and accept their terms and conditions when prompted by the website.
You will need to pay for the total cost of the new device upfront and will have to sign a few forms before leaving the store. Enjoy your new phone!