Phones are the most necessary devices for continuous communication, and they are important to call for emergency services. Seniors need a phone more than anyone, and they often ask what is the best flip phone for seniors?
To answer that question, we have researched a lot and found three models that are loved by thousands of customers. We will also get to know what makes a phone perfect for the seniors. So, let’s get started with the guide and then continue to the short reviews.
What is the best flip phone for seniors?
The simple answer to that question is that the flip phones that maintain the following characteristics are the best for seniors. Other than flip phones, for obvious reasons, landline phones for seniors are the best alternatives.
But those are not as portable as AARP cell phones for seniors. Now, let’s see the most crucial factors that you need to ensure in a flip phone for seniors.
- Firstly, the design and button placement should be simple and big so that seniors can operate it without pressing the wrong button.
- Secondly, it should have some safety and emergency features that a senior can access within seconds.
- Thirdly, the phone should have an easy navigation system and a user-friendly interface to let seniors use it intuitively.
- After that, the concern is about the phone’s battery backup, and the flip phone should last at least a day or two.
- The build quality of the phone is also important because seniors don’t have the flexibility to troubleshoot the phone too often.
- Also, the phone must have a loudspeaker with the capability of producing more than 70 dB sound so that seniors with a hearing problem can use it.
- Finally, the phone should not cost too much, availing all those mentioned features.
With all those features, a senior can depend on his/her phone without worrying about anything. However, there are thousands of different flip phone models on the market, but only a few could have a place on our list. Let’s see the reviews of three flip phones suitable for the use of seniors.
1. Jitterbug Flip Cell Phone
Jitterbug Flip Cell Phone is great due to its big distinguishable buttons and large screen so that seniors can see it clearly. Except for a one-time payment, it does not come with any contract or cancellation fees.
- With an easy navigation system and a simple yes or no many buttons, you won’t need too much time navigating.
- You can use the network of GreatCall using this phone and enjoy nationwide coverage.
- For emergencies, the phone comes with a dedicated button marked 5*, which calls an expert to assist you.
- The phone also has a built-in camera with flash to capture the memorable moments as it is.
- Its long-lasting battery and a simple yet practical charging dock are convenient for anyone.
It also comes with a loud and clear speaker so that anyone can hear the voice clearly, even with hearing problems. Moreover, the phone is compatible with M4 or T4 hearing aid. Those are one of the main considering factors for senior phones.
The LED flashlight with a dedicated button will let you read papers easily without any problem. Besides, the phone has a magnifier option that will allow you to see the menus in a bigger context.
2. Alcatel MyFlip
Alcatel MyFlip is the most budget-friendly phone on our list, yet it comes with all the necessary features that a senior might need. Within the price, you are getting a full package that includes a SIM card for your convenience.
- It has a 2.8” large display for clear viewing and big buttons for mistake-proof operations.
- Its good quality camera with a 4GB internal memory will let you take a lot of pictures without any problem.
- Its secondary preview window on the top will let you check the caller ID and SMS notifications quickly.
- With its 1350 mAh battery capacity, you can expect more than 300 hours of standby time.
- This phone supports the 4G network so that you can take the most benefits of the network.
Though it supports the CDMA network, you can use it in the GSM network after a rebranding like this one. With the suitable monthly packages, you can enjoy a nationwide coverage by getting Tracfone plans for seniors.
Moreover, the phone is compatible with M4 or T4 hearing aid, making it convenient for those with hearing problems. So, let’s see the key features of this phone and make the right decision to buy it.
3. Easyfone Prime A1
The last one is from Easyfone, which has some impressive features and suitable functions for seniors. It is compatible to run on any carrier with the GSM technology and can support up to 3G phone networks.
- The LED flashlight with a dedicated button will let you see at night time and read papers easily without any problem.
- Its external display is helpful to see the caller ID or notifications without flipping the phone.
- The 2.4” HD display with a clear viewing resolution helps seniors to see the menus and letters clearly.
- With an intuitive menu design and quick navigation system, anyone can use the phone without facing any complexity.
- This phone comes with big buttons and senior-friendly accessories so that you can use it every day without accidents or mistakes.
Features like speed dials and dedicated SOS emergency button make it convenient for all older people. Moreover, the phone is compatible with M4 or T4 hearing aid, making it comfortable for those with hearing problems.
For its cradle charging system and large battery capacity, you can select it without any hesitation. Now, let’s take a quick look at the key features of the phone and make a decision.
If you still have the question about what is the best flip phone for seniors, we will recommend one model from the list. Get Alcatel MyFlip or choose one from the Samsung senior citizen phones, and you won’t regret afterward.
Last update on 2021-09-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API