For home or office, professionals and non-professionals need VTech cordless phone with answering machine in their daily life. Landlines are necessary for many reasons but the desk-sets which are traditional for landlines are not so convenient for most people.
That’s why we’re introducing cordless phones from VTech which also include answering machines. Almost all offices require VTech conference phone and these cordless phones are compatible to connect with the conference systems. Here, we have chosen 7 VTech cordless phones after research and reviewed them below.
7 Best VTech cordless phone with answering machine
With lots of convenient features, functionalities, and affordable price, these cordless phones can become your best companion for both home use and office use. Also, consider some key features such as Multi-handset system, Bluetooth connectivity, answering system, caller id, call waiting, and speakerphone functionalities to choose the best VTech cordless phone with answering machine. Without any more delay, let’s get started with the reviews.
1. VTech CS6529-3 3-Handset Expandable Cordless Phone
The VTech CS6529-3 is a pure cordless phone system with answering machine. This multi-handset phone system can support more cordless handsets with more talk times. Also, the large display shows caller ID of incoming calls, call waiting, time, and date.
- Know who's calling with caller ID/call waiting. Handset displays the name, number, time and date of...
- With the touch of a button, the handset speakerphones makes hands-free conversations easy. Remote...
- The entire keypad illuminates along with the LCD screen, allowing for easier viewing in dim light.
- Power-conserving technology manages consumption for optimal battery performance.
- Silence the ringer on the handset and base unit immediately, or for an extended period of time.
Moreover, it has Flash, a one-press loudspeaker, mute, redial, and pause features. Navigating the menu is user-friendly and it has an easy user guide to set different functions. The full phone has backlit; even in the keypad to operate it in a dark area. In order to free up your desk space, it has a wall-mount bracket.
Finally, you’ll have 3 handsets, the main console to manage those handsets, a power adapter for the base, chargers with adapters for the handsets, batteries with covers, wall-mounting bracket, and manuals in the package.
- This has multi-handset compatibility which is expandable for up to 5 handsets connected with DECT 6.0 technology.
- It has an advanced digital answering system to receive the calls when you’re away and record important messages for up to 14 minutes.
- The phone system has call waiting feature and can store for up to 50 caller IDs in the call history.
- It also has a full-duplex speakerphone for hands-free conversation and you can activate it by pressing one single button.
- The handsets can operate in ECO mode so that it can operate with less power and give you many hours of talk time with a single charge.
2. VTech DS6671-3 DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone with Bluetooth Connect
This is an amazing phone from VTech. We love this phone system for 2 main reasons. The first one is that it has DECT 6.0 cordless handsets along with a headset that you can wear and move freely. For this extra device, you can have a hands-free conversation with premium call quality. The other reason is that you can connect your smartphone with the phone via Bluetooth technology. With this feature, you can manage both of your landline calls and cellular calls using this single phone system. Moreover, you can import contacts to this phone from your smartphone.
- DECT 6.0 cordless headset
- Eliminate cell phone dead spots at home
- Caller ID/Call Waiting*—stores 50 calls
- HD Audio. Expandable up to 12 devices (2 devices can be cordless headsets) with only one phone jack
- Full duplex handset speakerphone
The interesting part is that you can pair up to 2 cellular networks and 1 landline with this phone system and it has dedicated buttons with indicators. So, managing calls and growing the business becomes so easy that you’ll think that this one is worth every penny you’ve spent. On the other hand, it has a digital answering system for managing your business calls when you’re away doing something important. So, you’ll never miss any important message anymore.
The smartphone connectivity is allowed within 30 feet of the phone. You can also get notifications on your smartphone. It has all the other features that you can expect from a cordless system. Finally, you’ll have 2 cordless handsets with charging base, 1 cordless earpiece with additional hooks, headband, and earbuds, the main console that connects all with charging adapter, batteries with compartment covers, cord for a telephone line, and manual in the package.
- Including HD audio, this has multi-handset compatibility which is expandable for up to 12 handsets connected with DECT 6.0 technology.
- With its Bluetooth connectivity, you can connect your smartphone and take calls from cellular phone networks as well as from land phones.
- It has an advanced digital answering system to receive calls automatically and record important messages for up to 14 minutes in case of your absence.
- The phone system has call waiting feature with the virtual multi-line operation and can store for up to 50 caller IDs in the call history.
- It also has a full-duplex speakerphone for hands-free conversation and you can activate it by pressing one single button.
You may like: 10 Best AT&T Small Business Phone Systems in 2019
3. VTech CS6124 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone
The VTech CS6124 is a basic cordless phone system with almost all necessary features like answering system with 14 minutes of recording capacity, caller ID display, call log, hearing air compatibility, and DECT 6.0 technology for connecting the cordless handset.
- DECT 6.0 Digital technology, Digital answering system
- Caller ID/Call Waiting, Backlit keypad and display.
- This item does not have the speakerphone feature.
- 30 name and number phonebook directory, DSL Subscribers may need to us a DSL Filter
- For optimal performance batteries should be charged for 16 hours prior to use
The DECT 6.0 technology is important for secure and interference-free wireless connection. You can be assured of no wiretapping or Wi-Fi signal interference while you’re attending an important call. Maintaining the call quality, you can take immediate actions using simply pressing one button.
You can say this is the cheapest VTech cordless phone with answering machine on our list. As a result, it has compromised many features that mind be essential for you. But for light users and small businesses, this is a perfect cordless phone system. Finally, you’ll get one main station with its cordless handset, power adapter for charging the base, battery for the handset with cover, cord for a telephone line, and a manual to start using it immediately.
- This phone system has 1 wireless handset connected with DECT 6.0 technology, better range, and call quality.
- The handset has a long battery life with a 16-hour charge before use for important meeting calls.
- It has an answering system to receive calls automatically and record important messages for up to 14 minutes in case you are not near the phone.
- The phone system has call waiting feature with the virtual multi-line operation and can store for up to 30 caller IDs for later reviewing.
- If you can’t find where you’ve put the handset, you can press the “Find Handset” button and locate its location following the loud sound.
4. VTech CS6529-4B 4-Handset DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone
The first thing you’ll notice about this model is the colorful handsets. The design, look, and performance of this phone system will impress you immediately. Moreover, the 4-handset system can be really helpful to cover multiple desks in an office or multiple rooms in a home.
- 50 Name and number phonebook Directory
- Wall-mount bracket Included
- Conference between an outside line and up to 2 cordless handsets
- Trilingual prompts allow you to choose between English, Spanish and French
The handsets have many important buttons to perform one-touch quick actions. You can mute, redial, enable speakerphone, and do more with those buttons. Also, you can do intercom between handsets, do a 3-way conferencing, check the messages on the go, and do call screening.
Finally, you can have the 4 handsets with their base station and charging docks, cord for the telephone line, batteries and their covers, power adapters for the base station and the charging docs, and a user manual by buying this amazing phone system.
- With its multi-handset system, you can expand the network for up to 5 colorful handsets connected to the base with secure and encrypted technology.
- You can place push-to-talk intercom calls between the 5 handsets so that you don’t have to waste time finding someone and call for something important.
- It shows the caller IDs with the call waiting feature and you can see 50 IDs from the call log.
- The digital answering machine can record up to 14 minutes with which a maximum of 99 important messages can be stored depending on the length.
- The full-duplex speakerphone feature is present in this model so that you can keep doing the important work.
5. VTech CS6649 Expandable Corded/Cordless Phone System
The main benefit of this particular model of VTech cordless phone with answering system is that it has both a corded handset and a cordless handset. Moreover, you can add more cordless handsets to the system and do conferencing. The conference call will allow one outside line and 4 internal lines.
- DECT 6.0 Digital technology
- Caller ID/Call Waiting*-stores 50 calls
- Handset and base speakerphones
- Quiet Mode
- ECO mode power-conserving technology
The phone has line power mode and eco mode for less power consumption and more talk time. You can call others on the same phone system by intercom between handset feature. Because of its wall-mountable feature, you can free up your desk for more space and more decoration.
Finally, you can get a corded base with one cordless handset, power adapter for both main console and cordless handset’s charging station, a telephone cord, battery for the handset with cover, and a user manual by purchasing the phone system.
- It has a call waiting facility with a call log feature that can store up to 50 caller IDs.
- You can expand this corded phone’s network with a maximum of 5 wireless handsets using DECT 6.0 technology.
- The full-duplex speakerphone feature is present in both the deskset and the handsets so that you have the flexibility.
- The digital answering machine records a maximum of 14 minutes of messages and you can hear them later without any complex operation.
- For long hours of talking, it has ECO power mode which conserves power and remember to charge it for 16 hours before use.
6. VTech DS6151 2-Line Cordless Phone System
At the first look, we thought this is a corded phone system because the main console looks exactly like one. But we looked at it again and saw the cordless handset. The main benefit of this phone is that the base station has a speakerphone. So, if the handset is away from the base and you need to pick up a call without the handset, you can do it.
- DECT 6.0 digital technology provides the best sound quality, security and range in cordless phones
- Interference free for crystal clear conversations—won’t interfere with wireless networks and...
- Protect yourself from identity theft with digital security—your call is digitized and encrypted,...
- Digital answering system (includes a mailbox for each line) with remote message retrieval—call in...
- Expandable up to 12 handsets using only one phone jack—uses DS6101 accessory handsets. Note-if...
Moreover, the phone system has the capability to connect up to 12 handsets and all of them gets connected using DECT 6.0 technology. The benefit of this technology is that it gives a better range, good signal strength, and more security. With its easy-to-control volume buttons, you can control the volume even when you’re talking to someone.
Finally, you’ll get a full functional telephone base like the corded phones but with a cordless handset, power adapter for the console, battery for the handset with cover, a belt clip for the handset, and a quick guide if you order this model from VTech.
- The 2-line base station has a cordless handset and it can support up to 12 handsets with only one phone jack.
- The base itself has a speakerphone and all the cordless handsets have their speakers so that you can use any one of the devices and have a hands-free conversation.
- It has a mailbox for each line and the digital answering system can record up to 13 minutes of messages.
- You’ll get a call waiting feature and the call log will save 50 calls with caller IDs.
- For enhanced security and improved connection range with wireless handsets, this phone maintains DECT 6.0 standards.
7. VTech CS6629 DECT 6.0 1-Handset Cordless Answering System
The VTech CS6629 has one cordless handset but you can add a maximum of 5 handsets for more connectivity. The option for intercom calls between handsets and the base unit is available in this model. It has a digital answering machine too. So, you can go away doing something else and still be able to receive important calls or messages by its recording system.
- 1-Handset DECT 6.0 Digital Technology Digital Answering System Caller ID / Call Waiting
- Handset Speakerphone Quiet Mode ECO Mode Backlit Keypad and Display 50 Name and Number Phonebook...
- Intercom Between Handset and Base Unit English/Spanish/French Set-up Menu Table and Wall Mountable...
Though the price of this phone is in the lower category, you can expect all other features that you look for a cordless phone system. It has quick-redial, pause, flash, loudspeaker, and mute buttons so that you can do whatever’s necessary within a second.
Finally, you’ll have a base like with a cordless handset, power adapter for the console, battery for the handset with cover, a telephone line cord, and a quick guide if you order this model from VTech.
- This model has one cordless handset but it is a multi-handset phone system that supports a maximum of 5 cordless handsets.
- The digital answering system helps receive calls in your absence and record important messages for up to 14 minutes with a track record.
- You can see 50 previous calls from the call log and enjoy one-touch redial with call waiting service.
- It has speakerphones which can ensure clear call quality with a full-duplex feature.
- Also, it has paging locator feature and a wall-mounting option for more desk space.
Important things regarding cordless phones
Reasons for getting a cordless phone system
Both corded and cordless phone systems have merits and demerits. But we’ll try to know about the cordless system as we’re reviewing VTech cordless phone with answering machine. There are mainly 4 reasons to use a cordless phone system.
The first reason is its cost-saving capability. Imagine that you have an office with 5 or 6 employees or more. You need to put a phone on every desk to increase productivity. But it can become a costly installation of desk phones unless you go for the cordless phone system. Only buying the cordless extensions will increase your phone’s network without costing you much.
The second reason is the flexibility of its use. You can’t move around, do something else, and talk hands-free at the same time unless you use a cordless phone system. With DECT 6.0 technology, you can walk away for up to 150 feet and still stay connected.
The third reason is its long and uninterrupted service. With great battery backup, you can manage to continue the conversation even if there’s a power outage. You can’t get this benefit using corded phone extension.
The final reason is its more functionality than corded desksets. You can place intercom calls between handsets, page, or make announcements for all. Also, it allows conferencing inside the office perimeter without any complex setup or more cost. There are more functions of a cordless phone system that helps our everyday operation.
How to set up the answering system of these VTech phones
We can’t talk about the answering system setup for different models. So, here we’ll talk a general guideline which is more or less the same for all VTech phones. There are different features of an answering system. Let’s see how to set those important ones up.
- Answer on/off is the first option to explore because the system won’t be alive if you don’t configure this in the beginning. You can turn it on or off in 2 ways. The first way is simply pressing the ‘ANS ON/OFF’ button when it’s not in use. After that, you’ll see ‘ANS ON’ on the display which means that the auto answering system is activated. Pressing the button again will turn it off. The second method is by doing it through the menu. To do this, go to ‘MENU’, navigate and select ‘Answering sys’, navigate and select ‘Answer on/off’, and finally navigate and select ‘Answer: On’ or ‘Answer: Off’.
- The announcement part has a default welcome message which you can change with your custom greetings. Go to the ‘MENU’ and navigate to select the ‘Announcement’ option. Selecting the option, you’ll notice that there’s a ‘Rec’ option which can be activated by pressing 7. Now, you start recording after the tone and press 5 when you’re done. That’ll set your custom announcement.
- To play the announcement, you select the ‘Announcement’ option and press 2 for playing the previously set message. Also, you can delete the message by pressing 3 after selecting the ‘Announcement’ option and record again.
- Then, you can set the time limit of recording for each message. Go to the ‘MENU’ setting, scroll and select ‘Ans sys setup’, again scroll and select ‘Recording time’, and finally scroll to increase or decrease the time limit and select a number. After that, you’ll hear a tone that’ll confirm that your preference has been set.
- Finally, to set a remote access code, press the ‘MENU’ button when you’re not talking. Scroll and select the ‘Ans sys setup’, then scroll and select the ‘Remote code’ option, press the keypad to enter a 2-digit number for your code and select the number. With this code, you can access the voicemail remotely and hear if there’s any recorded message.
With the best PBX phone system for small business, you can use our VTech cordless phone with answering machine for better call and client management. These products are also compatible with the VTech 4 line business phones. But if you want our advice, we’ll tell you to order the VTech CS6649 Expandable Corded/Cordless Phone System for both corded and cordless options with a low price tag. Also, you can consider VTech DS6671-3 DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone with a little bit more budget. Both of the models are worth every penny and they will support you for many years.
Last update on 2019-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API