How to get the Verizon Fios teacher discount? Verizon Fios deals will let you save money on Verizon Fios’ internet and television services. But that’s not the end of savings!
There are some exclusive offers for educators, such as online shopping discounts, gifts like movie tickets, and others. Here we would discuss it in detail.
There is one outstanding deal for teachers called Verizon Fios Teachers’ Community which includes special deals like special pricing on select bundles or services, free access to premium channels like HBO®, Showtime®, STARZ®, etc., online shopping offers at Amazon.com with over $200 gift card upon verification, complimentary installation & DVR upgrade (free cable box), $20 off pre-paid calling cards, etc. Let’s take a brief overview of the same.
How Do I Know If I Qualify For Verizon Fios Teacher’s Discount?
Verizon Fios discounts for teachers came with an allocation of conditions that need to be fulfilled to be qualified to get access to the discount plan. For qualifying inside the Verizon Fios home internet teacher discount, you have to fulfill the following requirements.
- First of all, You need to be a currently employed teacher; it starts from a kindergarten teacher to a grade 12 teacher or a post-secondary instructor.
- After that, to apply from an online platform, you must visit Verizon’s teacher discount page.
- Following the registration process, you need to show your current employment validation. The teachers living in Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York may also need to provide a teaching certificate during the validation period.
- You may need to renew the validation of your teaching employment once a year.
- You may need to have a qualified home internet plan as an additional requirement.
Signing Up Process For Verizon Fios Teacher Discount Plan
Verizon cares about teachers as they are there for children even when the classroom entrances are locked. They are continuously spending for the children’s future through their extraordinary initials. Signing up for the Verizon Fios home internet discount for teachers is pretty much fast, uncomplicated, and can be finished within a few mere steps.
- At first, you have to go to visit the Verizon teacher’s devoted page to getting started.
- Following, you have to confirm the eligibility for the discount from Verizon’s official page through an ID.me verification tool.
- If you still don’t hold an ID.me account, you will have to go over a little registration procedure. You may be asked to give your Social Security Number, certification number, or other employment agreement throughout the verifying process.
- After completing the verification process and showing you as an eligible employee, you can sign inside your Fios Account.
- Afterward, you can visit the “My Plan” page and follow some indications for choosing a plan or changing the existing plan.
Amongst the eligible plans, Verizon Fios has the fastest internet plans for teachers. Eligible plans include 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, and a Gigabit Connection plan that delivers 940 to 880 Mbps.
How To Get Verizon Fios Teacher Discount 2022
At Verizon, there are primarily two types of discounts available that currently employed or eligible teachers can access. Under the two plans, they have Verizon Fios Home Internet Plans and Verizon unlimited Plan discounts for teachers. Below we will discuss these two Verizon Fios teacher discount plans in brief.
Verizon Fios Home Internet Discount Plan For Teachers
Verizon Fios is one of the fastest and reliable internet plans for home usage that one can get access to with greater discounts if they are a qualified teacher or employee of an instructor of a pre-secondary institution. Verizon Fios Home’s internet discount plan for teachers includes two categories, new customers and existing customers.
For New Customers
For new customers, the Verizon Fios teachers plan includes 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, and Gigabit Connection plan for the fastest speed available. If you complete the home internet from an online platform, they will waive the 99 dollar setup fee.
- 200 Mbps plan starts at a monthly rate of 39 dollars, and if you are qualified for a teacher’s discount, you can get a 5 dollars discount, and the plan stands at 34 dollars. The 200 Mbps plan offers to stream and download movies, shows, and photos.
- 400 Mbps plan starts at a monthly rate of 59 dollars, and if you are eligible for a teacher’s discount, you can receive a 10 dollars discount, and the plan withstands at 49 dollars. The 400 Mbps plan offers great features for multiple users, binge streaming, and sharing large files. This plan also comes with autopay and taxes, including the equipped charges.
- Gigabit Connection plan: It starts at a speed of 880 to 940 Mbps, and it has a basic price of 79 dollars per month, which stands at 64 dollars, holding a 15 dollars discount for eligible teachers. This is an ideal plan for a virtually seamless streaming experience that includes special offers, gift cards, and free Stream TV.
For Existing Fios Customers
Here we will include the discount plans for the Verizon phone deals for existing customers who already have a qualified plan or are intending to convert to an eligible plan. As an eligible existing customer, you should note that it is particularly reasonable to change your plan to 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, or Gigabit Connection plans.
- 200 Mbps Plan: As an existing customer, if you move toward the 200 Mbps plan, you can also get the same 5 dollar discount as mentioned above. There are some additional services included. Such as discovery+ stream for 3 Months(it charges $6.99 per month after that), save 20 dollars extra on unlimited monthly plans, etc.
- 400 Mbps Plan: The existing customers will also get an extra 10 dollars discount from the list price of the 400 Mbps plan. Furthermore, it offers discovery+ streaming for 6 months(charges $6.99 monthly afterward), offers 20 dollar monthly savings on an unlimited wireless plan, etc.
- Gigabit Connection Plan: The Gigabit Connection plan comes with the fastest and the greatest 15 dollars discount on the list rate. It also offers discovery+ stream for 12 months, 100 dollar Verizon Gift card, Free Stream TV, router rental cost, monthly 30 dollar savings on an unlimited wireless plan, etc.
If you previously have any of the programs noted over, you are also qualified for the related discounts.
Verizon Teachers Unlimited Plan Discount
Verizon Teacher’s unlimited plan allows a discount on the monthly basis of one of the Verizon plans enlisted following for qualified teachers who possess a Verizon account. At the least level, one phone (smart or conventional) or more Verizon plans to combine and resemble.
Verizon has a wide range of plans. The offer is available for the mentioned plans from those plans- Start Unlimited, Play Extra Unlimited, Do More Unlimited, Get Verizon go more unlimited plan, Just Kids(which demands a parent line with an unlimited data plan). There are also some plans like Go Unlimited and Beyond unlimited that are not eligible for mixing and are not on the eligible plan’s list.
- If you own 1 phone, then you will get a 10 dollar monthly discount for each account.
- You can get a huge monthly discount of 25 dollars per account if you have 2 to 3 phones.
- When your phone ownership goes 4 or more, you may not get any additional discounts rather than the previously included discounts for each line.
Required Documents For Verizon Fios Teacher Discount
When you tend to move for the discounts, you may be asked to give them some documents that will be implied for confirming your validation. For confirmation of your current employment or the validation info, they may ask for these needed documents. When you are going for these proceedings, don’t forget to perform the following instructions.
- Make sure to keep the proof of your employment, or it is great to take an affiliate who is not less than 60 years old.
- Don’t mistake taking the necessary personal pieces of information like your banking info, wages, tax quantities, Social Security Number, Employee Identity number, etc.
- For taking a photo with you as proof of employment or affiliation, which you will upload, it is okay to use device cameras. But the file needs to be clear, and it should be under 5 MB in size. It can be a JPEG, JPG, PDF, PNG, GIF, or TIF file; any mentioned will do.
- Make sure that your name, company name, and date are clear on the photo you intend to upload.
- Note that the method is safe and that Verizon will only utilize this data to verify your employment or alliance state.
FAQs About The Verizon Fios Teacher Discount
Q: Can I get a Verizon discount if I’m not a teacher?
The answer is Yes. Verizon grants discount plans and offers for those who are included in a job that serves. The jobs that may address you fit for a discount are first responders (state or local, active or retired), military persons, ex-soldier, cadets, nurses, and respiratory therapists, running students, representatives, or affiliates of companies or organizations that possess a wireless service agreement with Verizon Fios, and of course, newly employed teachers.
Q: Can the retired teachers also apply for a Verizon Fios discount?
Unfortunately, the Verizon Fios teacher discount doesn’t include retired teachers. Verizon allows applying for a running kindergarten teacher to a grade 12 teacher or a post-secondary instructor in this discount plan.
Q: How long does the Verizon Fios teacher discount last?
To speak logically, you can retain the teacher discount as long as you are engaged as a teacher and you make use of Verizon Fios’ qualifying home internet services and plans. Despite that, you need to renew your discount by re-validating your profession or affiliation status about once a year.
Q: Can I also get this discount from my employer?
The straight Forward answer is you cannot get a discount plan through your employer. This discount isn’t available through employers. You can visit the Verizon Connections page to see if a separate Verizon discount is available through your employer or not. Note that you can have the teachers discount or a Verizon Connections discount, but both are not accessible for a single user.
After detailed content about Verizon Fios Teacher discount plans, you may have a crystal clear concept of what facilities are included under the shade of this plan. Verizon provides a great priority to the teachers and other employers that serve the people.
Verizon starts the dedicated page with the title of “Teachers Deserves Our Best” and indicates the service roughly from the outside. Teachers and their families get Unlimited from 30 dollars per line (personal lines only) with 4 lines on the Start Unlimited plan, including taxes and fees with the Auto Pay option.
Verizon also comes with a helping hand for the teachers that are having difficulties with their expenses to carry out a data plan. Above all other companies that provide discount plans for teachers, Verizon is one of the best, considering the services, facilities, utilities, and affordability.