Verizon Fios is also vended as Fios by Verizon, is a bundled Internet access, communications, and television service that runs over a fiber-optic interfaces network with over millions of customers across a total of nine states in the United States. From the tagline Fiber Optic Services, the Fios name is derived as an acronym. Verizon is extending its soldiery and initial responders discount for including nurses and teachers.
Since the coronavirus pandemic continues Verizon is trying to bring its discount program to a larger group of people. As the discounts for experts, working military, firefighters, emergency medical specialists, emergency medical services are already available, they are launching new ones for nurses and teachers. The latest offer will provide nurses and teachers to save up to 25 dollars monthly on their unlimited cell phone plans and up to 15 dollars monthly on their Fios house internet bill.
Verizon Fios teachers discount comes with a monthly discount plan on their home internet service to eligible teachers. The Verizon Fios home internet teachers discount cannot be combined with the multiple employee offer or the Verizon Connections discounts. For each account, the discount is limited to one employee. Below we will discuss in a more detailed way about Verizon Fios teacher discount and the eligibility for the discounts.
How Do I Know If I Qualify For Verizon Fios Teacher’s Discount?
Verizon Fios discounts for teachers came with an allocation of conditions that are needed to be fulfilled for being qualified to get access to the discount plan. For qualifying inside the Verizon Fios home internet teacher discount you have to fulfill the following requirements.
- First of all, You need to be a currently-employed teacher, it starts from a kindergarten teacher to a grade 12 teacher or a post-secondary instructor.
- After that, for applying from an online platform you must visit Verizon’s teacher discount page.
- Following the registration process, you need to show your current employment validation. The teachers living in Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York may also need to provide a teaching certificate during the validation period.
- You may need to renew the validation of your teaching employment once a year.
- You may need to have a qualified home internet plan as an additional requirement.
Signing Up Process For Verizon Fios Teacher Discount Plan
Verizon cares about teachers as they are there for children even when the classroom entrances are locked. They are continuously spending for the children’s future through their extraordinary initials. Signing up for the Verizon Fios home internet discount for teachers is pretty much fast, uncomplicated, and can be finished within a few mere steps.
- At first, you have to go for visiting the Verizon teacher’s devoted page to getting started
- Following, you have to confirm the eligibility for the discount from Verizon’s official page through an ID.me verification tool
- If you don’t hold an ID.me account still, you will have to go over a little registration procedure. Throughout the verifying process, you may be asked to give your Social Security Number, certification number, or other employment agreement.
- After completing the verification process and if it shows you as an eligible employee then you can sign inside your Fios Account
- Afterward, you can go for visiting the “My Plan” page and follow some indications for choosing a plan or changing the existing plan.
Amongst the eligible plans, the Verizon Fios has some fastest internet plans for teachers. Eligible plans include 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, and a Gigabit Connection plan available which delivers 940 to 880 Mbps.
How To Get Verizon Fios Teacher Discount 2021
At Verizon, there are primarily two types of discounts available that currently employed or eligible teachers can get access to. Under the two plans, they have Verizon Fios Home Internet Plans and Verizon unlimited Plan discounts for teachers. Below we will discuss these two Verizon Fios teacher discount plans in brief.
Verizon Fios Home Internet Discount Plan For Teachers
Verizon Fios is one of the fastest and reliable internet plans for home usage that one can get access to with greater discounts if he or she is a qualified teacher or employee of an instructor of a pre-secondary institution. Verizon Fios Home’s internet discount plan for teachers includes two categories, new customers and existing customers.
For New Customers
For new customers, the Verizon Fios teachers plan includes three types, 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, and Gigabit Connection plan for the fastest speed available. If you complete the home internet from an online platform they will waive the 99 dollar setup fee.
- 200 Mbps plan: It starts at a monthly rate of 39 dollars and if you are qualified for a teacher’s discount you can get a 5 dollars discount and the plan stands at 34 dollars. The 200 Mbps plan offers to stream and download movies, shows, and photos.
- 400 Mbps plan: It starts at a monthly rate of 59 dollars and if you are eligible for a teacher’s discount you can receive a 10 dollars discount and the plan withstands at 49 dollars. The 400 Mbps plan offers great features for multiple users, binge streaming and sharing large files. This plan also comes with autopay and taxes including the equipped charges.
- Gigabit Connection plan: It starts at a speed of 880 to 940 Mbps and it has a basic price of 79 dollars per month, which stands at 64 dollars holding a 15 dollars discount for eligible teachers. This is an ideal plan for a virtually seamless streaming experience that also includes special offers, gift cards, and free Stream TV.
For Existing Fios Customers
Here we will include the discount plans for the Verizon phone deals for existing customers who already have a qualified plan or are intending to convert to an eligible plan. As an eligible existing customer, you should note that it is particularly reasonable to change your plan to 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, or Gigabit Connection plans.
- 200 Mbps Plan: As an existing customer if you move toward the 200 Mbps plan you can also get the same 5 dollar discount as we have mentioned above. There are some additional services included. Such as- discovery+ stream for 3 Months(it charges $6.99 per month after that), save 20 dollars extra on unlimited plans monthly, etc.
- 400 Mbps Plan: The existing customers will also get an extra 10 dollars discount from the list price of the 400 Mbps plan. Furthermore, it offers discovery+ streaming for 6 months(charges $6.99 monthly afterward), offers 20 dollar monthly savings on an unlimited wireless plan, etc.
- Gigabit Connection Plan: The Gigabit Connection plan comes with the fastest and the greatest 15 dollars discount on the list rate. It also offers discovery+ stream for 12 months, 100 dollar Verizon Gift card, Free Stream TV, router rental cost, and monthly 30 dollar savings on an unlimited wireless plan, etc.
If you previously have any of the programs noted over, you are also qualified for the related discounts.
Verizon Teachers Unlimited Plan Discount
Verizon Teachers unlimited plan allows a discount on the monthly basis of one of the Verizon plans enlisted following for qualified teachers who possess a Verizon account and at the least level, one phone (smart or conventional) or more of the Verizon plans to combine and resemble.
Verizon has a wide range of plans and from those plans, the offer is available for the mentioned plans- Start Unlimited, Play Extra Unlimited, Do More Unlimited, Get Verizon go more unlimited plan, Just Kids(which demands a parent line with an unlimited data plan). There are also some plans like Go Unlimited and Beyond unlimited which are not eligible for mixing as well as they are not on the eligible plan’s list.
- If you own 1 phone then you will get a 10 dollar monthly discount for each account.
- You can get a huge monthly discount of 25 dollars per account if you have 2 to 3 phones.
- When your phone ownership goes 4 or more you may not be able to get any additional discounts rather than the previously included discounts for each line.
Required Documents For Verizon Fios Teacher Discount
When you tend to move for the discounts, you may be asked for giving them some documents that will be implied for confirming your validation. For having the confirmation of your current employment or the validation info they may ask for these needed documents. When you are going for these proceedings don’t forget to perform the following instructions.
- Make sure to keep the proof of your employment or it is great to take an affiliate who is not less than 60 years old.
- Don’t make the mistake to take the necessary personal pieces of information like your banking info, wages, tax quantities, Social Security Number, Employee Identity number, etc.
- For taking a photo with you as proof of employment or affiliation, which you are going to upload, it is okay to use device cameras. But the file needs to be clear and it should be under 5 MB in size. It can be a JPEG, JPG, PDF, PNG, GIF, or TIF file, any of the mentioned will do.
- Make sure that your name, company name, and date are clear on the photo that you are meant to upload.
- Note that the method is safe and that Verizon will only utilize this data to verify your employment or alliance state.
FAQs About The Verizon Fios Teacher Discount
Q: Can I get a Verizon discount if I’m not a teacher?
The answer is Yes. Verizon grants discount plans and offers for those who are included in a job that serves. The jobs that may address you fit for a discount are first responders (state or local, active or retired), military persons, ex-soldier, cadets, nurses, and respiratory therapists, running students, representatives, or affiliates of companies or organizations that possess a wireless service agreement with Verizon Fios, and of course, newly employed teachers.
Q: Can the retired teachers also apply for a Verizon Fios discount?
Unfortunately, the Verizon Fios teacher discount doesn’t include retired teachers. In this discount plan, Verizon allows applying for a running kindergarten teacher to a grade 12 teacher or a post-secondary instructor.
Q: How long does the Verizon Fios teacher discount last?
To speak logically, you can retain the teacher discount as long as you are engaged as a teacher and you make use of Verizon Fios’ qualifying home internet services and plans. In spite of that, it is essential for you to renew your discount by re-validating your profession or affiliation status about once a year.
Q: Can I also get this discount from my employer?
The straight Forward answer is you cannot get a discount plan through your employer. This discount isn’t available through employers. You can visit the Verizon Connections page to see if a separate Verizon discount is available through your employer or not. Note that you can have unless the teachers discount or a Verizon Connections discount, but both are not accessible for a single user.
After detailed content about Verizon Fios Teacher discount plans, you may have got the crystal clear concept of what facilities are included under the shade of this plan. Verizon provides a great priority to the teachers and other employers that serve the people.
Verizon starts the dedicated page with the title of “Teachers Deserves Our Best” and it indicates the service roughly from the outside. Teachers and their families get Unlimited from 30 dollars per line (personal lines only) with 4 lines on the Start Unlimited plan which includes taxes and fees with the Auto Pay option.
Verizon also comes with a helping hand for the teachers that are having difficulties with their expenses to carry out a data plan. Above all other companies that provide discount plans for teachers, Verizon is one of the best considering the services, facilities, utilities, and affordability.