Verizon Fios First Responder Discount: Verizon, as one of the four largest telecommunications carriers of the United States, has the best coverage and services possible throughout the country. In terms of discounts, Verizon offers great deals for various employers who use to serve the people of the nation.
Verizon provides special deals and discounts for first responders, experts, working military, firefighters, emergency medical specialists, nurses, teachers, emergency medical services, etc. For long ago, Verizon Fios first responder discount to specific employees or any government agencies.
Verizon has recently launched plans and discounts for First responders, but it is not from the professional line of view for personal consumer plans.
Under this discount plan, the state police, local police, firefighters, and EMS workers can access the discount. It doesn’t matter all that are current employees, retirees, or any volunteers under these jobs- all can get access to it. In this article, we will discuss in a more detailed way about the Verizon Fios first responders discount, the eligibility for the discounts, and a lot more.
How Do I Know If I’m Eligible For Verizon First Responders Discount?
Verizon discounts for first responders are represented with an allocation of conditions that are needed to be fulfilled to be eligible for access to the discount plan. For passing inside the Verizon Fios First responders discount, you have to meet the following requirements.
- At first, you need to be a state and local fios first responder discount who are active, retired, or volunteer; it doesn’t matter.
- The eligible category also includes Firefighters, Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) and Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Law enforcement, including State Troopers, Sheriffs, Sheriff’s Deputies, and Local Police, etc.
- After that, to apply from an online platform, you must visit the dedicated Discount By Verizon page.
- Following the registration process, you need to demonstrate your current employment validation of being a first responder.
- You may need to renew the validation of your first responder employment certificates once a year.
- You may need to have a qualified home internet plan as an additional requirement for being qualified.
Note that, Federal level law enforcement personnel such as Border Patrol Agents, CIA, DEA, FEMA, FBI, NSA, etc., are not eligible for the first responder discount at the current time.
Signing Up Process For Verizon Fios First Responder Discount Plan
Verizon cares most about emergency first responders as they are there for the people when everyone is in a state of emergency or danger. They are continuously spending for the people’s safety and security through their hardworking steps. Registering for the Verizon Fios first responder discount for teachers is quick, easy, and finished within a few simple steps.
- To begin, you need to go visiting Verizon’s dedicated first responder’s page to get started.
- Choose “Check eligibility” and follow the steps to verify your first responder status with ID.me.
- Verizon has made a partnership with ID.me for a fast verification process. If you’re not yet signed up for ID.me, they will take you into a short registration process.
- During the verifying process of ID.me, you may be asked to show your Social Security Number, certification number, or other employment agreement.
- After completing the verification process and showing you as an eligible employee, you can sign inside your Fios Account.
- Then you can go to the “My Plan” page and do further actions for selecting your suitable plan.
Verizon First Responder Discount 2023
At Verizon, there are mainly two types of discounts available that currently employed or eligible first responders can avail themselves. Beneath the two plans, they have Verizon Fios Home Internet Plans and Verizon unlimited Plan discounts for qualified employees. Below we will discuss these two Verizon Fios First Responder discount plans in brief.
Verizon Fios Home Internet Discount Plan For First Responders
Verizon Fios is one of the quickest and trustworthy internet plans for home usage that one can access with more significant discounts from Verizon if they are a qualified first responder or employee of government service. Verizon internet first responder discount plan consists of two categories, new customers and existing customers.
For New Customers
The Verizon first responder discount fios plan covers under three categories- 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, and Gigabit Connection plan for the highest speed available for new customers. If you purchase the home internet from an online platform, they will waive the setup fee.
- 200 Mbps plan starts at a monthly rate of 39 dollars, and if you are qualified for a teacher’s discount, you can get a 5 dollars discount, and the plan stands at 34 dollars. The 200 Mbps plan offers to stream and download movies, shows, and photos.
- 400 Mbps plan starts at a monthly rate of 59 dollars, and if you are eligible for a teacher’s discount, you can receive a 10 dollars discount, and the plan withstands at 49 dollars. The 400 Mbps plan offers great features for multiple users, binge streaming, and sharing large files. This plan also comes with autopay and taxes, including the equipped charges.
- Gigabit Connection plan: It starts at a speed of 880 to 940 Mbps, and it has a basic price of 79 dollars per month, which stands at 64 dollars, holding a 15 dollars discount for eligible teachers. This is an ideal plan for a virtually seamless streaming experience that includes special offers, gift cards, and free Stream TV.
For Existing Fios Customers
Here we will include Verizon phone deals for existing customers who already have a qualified plan or are intending to switch to an eligible plan. As an eligible existing customer, you should note that it is particularly reasonable to change your plan to 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, or Gigabit Connection plans.
- 200 Mbps Plan: As an existing customer, if you move toward the 200 Mbps plan, you can also get the same 5 dollar discount as we have mentioned above. There are some additional services included. Such as discovery+ stream for 3 Months(it charges $6.99 per month after that), save 20 dollars extra on unlimited monthly plans, etc.
- 400 Mbps Plan: The existing customers will also get an extra 10 dollars discount from the list price of the 400 Mbps plan. Furthermore, it offers discovery+ streaming for six months(charges $6.99 monthly afterward), offers 20 dollar monthly savings on an unlimited wireless plan, etc.
- Gigabit Connection Plan: The Gigabit Connection plan comes with the fastest and the most significant 15 dollars discount on the list rate. It also offers discovery+ stream for 12 months, 100 dollar Verizon Gift card, Free Stream TV, router rental cost, monthly 30 dollar savings on an unlimited wireless plan, etc.
If you previously have any of the programs noted over, you are also qualified for the related discounts. You can change your plan to 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, or Gigabit Connection only. If you already have 1 of the other eligible plans listed above, you can keep it and get the associated discount.
Verizon First Responders unlimited plan discount
Verizon Fios first responder discount unlimited plan allows a discount on the monthly basis of one of the Verizon plans listed following for qualified militaries who possess a Verizon account and at the minor level. One phone (smart or conventional) or more of the Verizon prepaid hotspot plans to combine and resemble.
Verizon has a wide range of plans. From those plans, the offer is available for the mentioned plans- Start Unlimited, Play Extra Unlimited, Do More Unlimited, Get More Unlimited, and Just Kids (requires a parent line with an unlimited data plan). There are also some plans like Go Unlimited and Beyond unlimited that are not available for mixing and are not on the eligible plan’s list.
- If you own one phone, then you will get a 10 dollar monthly discount for each account.
- You can get a huge monthly discount of 25 dollars per account if you have 2 to 3 phones.
- When your phone holding goes four or more, you may not get any additional discounts rather than the beforehand included discounts per line.
Required Necessaries For Verizon Fios First Responder Discount
During the subscription for the discounts, Verizon may ask you to give them some documents, and they will implement them for confirming your validation.
For confirmation of your current employment or the validation info, they may ask for these needed documents. When you are going for these proceedings, don’t forget to perform the following instructions.
- Make sure to keep the proof of your employment, or it is great to take an affiliate who is not less than 60 years old.
- Don’t mistake taking the necessary personal pieces of information like your banking info, salary, tax sum, Social Security Number, Employee Identity number, etc.
- For taking a photo with you as proof of employment or affiliation, which you will upload, it is okay to use device cameras. But it requires a clear photo, and it should be under 5 MB in size. It can be a JPEG, JPG, PDF, PNG, GIF, or TIF file; any above will do.
- Make sure that your name, workplace, and date are cleared on the photo you intend to upload.
- The process is safe, and that Verizon will only utilize this data to verify your employment or engagement phase.
With this brief article about Verizon Fios First Responder discount plans, you may have got a crystal clear idea of what features are added inside this plan. Verizon provides a great priority to first responders and other employers that serve the people. Verizon starts the dedicated page with the title of “Putting first responders first,” indicating the service in gist from the outside.
First responders and their families get an Unlimited plan from 30 dollars per line (private lines only) with four lines on the Start Unlimited plan, which involves taxes and fees with the Auto Pay option.
Beyond all other providers that offer discount plans for first responders, Verizon is one of the fittest regarding the services, conveniences, advantages, and budget.