Using a hearing aid device and a cell phone together can be pretty annoying and challenging if both devices are incompatible with each other. Almost 33.33% of the senior citizens aged 60 to 75 lose their hearing capability, and almost half of the citizens aged 75+ have issues relating to hearing.
Verizon, being a major national carrier, offers quality cell phones for seniors. Hence, they also have a comprehensive collection of Verizon cell phones for hearing impaired seniors.
Hearing Aid Compatible devices means they will match with the devices which seniors use for hearing alternatives.
If you are looking for Cell phones for hard-of-hearing Verizon, you are in the right spot. Following, we’ll undergo the best hearing aid compatible phones from Verizon. So, Let’s begin the main discussion!
5 Best Verizon Cell Phones For Hearing Impaired
Cell phones compatible with Hearing Aid Devices are mainly rated with an M or T standard. If you find that your selected device has an M3, M4, or T3, T4 rating, stay assured that this device is specially designed for hard of hearing seniors.
Several phones are available with a HAC compatibility rating, but today we’ll discuss the best Verizon cell phones for hearing impaired users. Our selected devices come with all the senior-friendly features, including an M/T rating.
- 1. Alcatel Go Flip V
- 2. Samsung Galaxy A10e
- 3. Samsung Galaxy Note10+
- 4. iPhone SE
- 5. Motorola Edge Plus
1. Alcatel Go Flip V
We are starting with a flip phone from the favorite brand of the senior citizens, Alcatel. The Alcatel Go Flip V is a flip phone which is officially available on Verizon stores and sites.
- Features a 2.8 inches large inner display and a 1.44 inches external display that makes usage convenient for seniors
- Effortlessly access the camera and control volumes with dedicated side buttons.
- You can call in hands-free mode with the 3.5 mm audio headphone jack.
- Has accessibility features like HD Voice Capability, and M4/T4 Hearing Aid Compatibility
- The 1350 mAh battery provides up to 1-day usage and 12.5 days in standby mode.
- It comes with 1 GB Random Access Memory and 8 GB Read-Only Memory for smooth usage.
- Supports GSM(2G), CDMA(3G), and LTE(4G)bands for a comprehensive usage
It is mainly designed for seniors who have both hearing and vision issues. It comes with an M4/T4 rating, which means this device is specially made for persons with hearing disabilities.
Moreover, as a senior, you don’t have to hassle using this device. It ends a call simply by flipping the top part, no need to press buttons separately.
Besides, it has a large display and numeric keyboards with big buttons, which is perfect for seniors with bad eyes. It has much more futuristic features, which makes Verizon have a flip phone for seniors.
It is now available at the Verizon official site and other retail stores across the country, pricing just 100 dollars. Alternatively, you can own this device with a 24 monthly installment of just 4.16 dollars per month.
Note that Verizon offers all the devices with an easy installment payment option, and they require 0% APR. You just need to pay an activation fee of 35 dollars if you are a new user.
2. Samsung Galaxy A10e
Samsung is a renowned cell phone manufacturer, and they also have a wide range of cell phones made for seniors. Samsung Galaxy A10e is the latest smartphone with a bunch of premium features.
- Features a 5.88 inches large IPS LCD panel, which also has prominent font features for seniors
- Has an M3/T3 HAC rating, and other accessibility features like proximity, and accelerometer sensors
- The 3000 mAh large battery lasts for up to 10 days in the standby method
- Its Exynos 7884(14 nm) chipset, an Octa-Core processor, and Mali-G71 MP2 Graphics processing Unit makes it faster and lag-free
- Store more photos, videos, and files with 2 GB Random Access Memory and 32 GB of Read-Only Memory(expandable to 128 GB with Micro SD card)
- Capture smooth photos with an 8 MegaPixels rear camera, and 5 Megapixels front selfie camera
- Operates with improved Android 9(Pie) operating system, which is upgradable to Android 11 OS.
It comes with an initial value of just 119 dollars. The Galaxy A10e has a HAC rating of M3/T3, which is intended for users with hearing issues.
Furthermore, it has decent specifications to look for the convenience of the senior people. The large screen and a powerful speaker make it easier for deaf and hard-of-hearing persons to listen to incoming calls from a decent distance.
Besides, a more extended battery can serve up to 2 days without any issues, and in standby mode, it can last up to 10 days.
At the Verizon store or official website, it is available in two payment methods. You can pay the total retail price at once or pay it with 24 to 30 months of easy installments with 0% APR.
With the 30-month installment option, you have to pay 3.95 dollars per month, and for 24 months, you must pay 4.95 dollars monthly. However, you have to pay the 35 dollar activation fee if you’re switching as a new user.
3. Samsung Galaxy Note10+
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ is a flagship-level smartphone with a retail price of 420 dollars. If you are a senior with hearing or theoretical issues, this one can be one of the best Verizon cell phones for hearing impaired. It comes with the Android 9(Pie) operating system, which can be upgradable to Android 11 or One UI 3.1 operating system.
- Features with a 6.8 inches Dynamic AMOLED, HDR10+ display with 1440 x 3040 pixels resolution
- The display has sturdy protection with Corning Gorilla Glass 6, which lasts even after heavy damages.
- It has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) chipset, Octa-core processor, Mali-G76 MP12 GP for lag-free usage.
- Store whatever files or photos you want, as it has a massive 256 GB ROM, and 8 GB/12 GB RAM
- Features four rear cameras(12 MP, 12 MP, 16 MP, 0.3 MP), and a 10 MP selfie camera, for crystal clear shots
- The 4300 mAh large battery can last up to 15 days in standby mode, and with the 45 Watts fast-charger, you can fully charge it within 1 hour.
- The front and back body is made with Corning Gorilla Glass 6, and it also has an IP68 rating, which is dust & water-resistant for up to 30 mins.
The Galaxy Note 10+ has an M4 and T3 rating, making it compatible with hearing impaired seniors. Besides, the included stylus pen makes the usage far more convenient for aged people.
You can also have accessibility features like large fonts and a powerful speaker. It has a dual audio stereo speaker and 3.5 mm audio jack, making usage hands-free for aged persons.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ is now available at the Verizon official site and other retail stores across the country, pricing just 420 dollars. Alternatively, you can own this device with a 24 monthly installment of just 17.50 dollars per month.
Note that Verizon offers all the devices with an easy installment payment option, and they require 0% APR. You just need to pay an installation fee of 35 dollars if you are a new switching user.
4. iPhone SE
The Apple iPhone SE is the second-generation variant of the iPhone SE series. It is a portable and compact device with a stylish design, making it a perfect choice for users looking for Verizon Cell phones for Hearing Impaired seniors. Moreover, the sturdy body construction and large font enabling features work well with vision issues seniors.
- Features a 4.7 inches Retina HD display for prolonged usage
- You can snap wide-angled shots, HDR photos, 4K videos, and bright portraits with a 12 MP wide rear camera and 7 MP front-facing camera
- It comes with an iOS 13 operating system and Touches ID security features for the seniors to help out in emergencies
- The 1821 mAh battery gives up to 26 hours of talking, and it can stay up to 5 days in standby mode.
- With the IP67 rating, It is water and dust resistant for up to 30 minutes in 1 meter.
- It provides blazing-fast performance with the fastest A13 Bionic chipset, Hexa core processor, and Apple (4-core engine) graphics processing unit.
- Has a 3 GB RAM, and four ROM variants(64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB)
It also has an M4/T4 rating that goes well with hearing disabled seniors. Apple’s iPhone SE 2020 variant is also cost-effective, which packs a bunch of quality features at a retail price of just 399.99 dollars.
If you combine the purchase with a 24-month installment & an eligible Verizon go unlimited plan, you can get this device FREE (up to 399 dollars discount).
For the 24 month installment of the 64 GB variant, you have to pay nothing if you combine the set unlimited plan. For the 24 monthly payments of the 128 GB variant, you have to pay just 14.99 dollars per month to own this device. Moreover, they will also require a 35 dollar activation fee if you’re not an existing customer.
5. Motorola Edge Plus
Motorola Edge Plus is a flagship quality 5G smartphone that is pretty expensive in terms of the retail price. However, the price is pretty much worthy, with the specs it comes with. It has an infinitely curved display with a large font enabling accessibility.
- Features a 6.7 inches OLED HDR10+ display with a 90 Hz refresh rate for smooth streaming
- The 5000 mAh large battery can provide 52 hours of stance calling or up to 12.5 days of standby usage.
- Capture professional quality images with its rear quad camera setup(108 MP, 16 MP, 8 MP, TOF 3D) and a 25 MP selfie camera
- It delivers fast performance with a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) chipset, Adreno 650 Graphics Processing Unit, and Octa-core processor.
- Do whatever you want with the extensive 12 GB RAM and 265 GB ROM storage of this device.
- With an 18 Watts fast charger, 15 Watts wireless fast charger, and 5 watts reversible charger, you can quickly recharge this one within half an hour.
Besides, the powerful stereo sound speaker with boosted bass makes it one of the Verizon phones for hearing impaired. It also has the HAC compatibility standard rating of M3/T4 for deaf users.
Motorola Edge Plus is now available at the Verizon official site and other retail stores across the country, pricing a little bit expensive 869.99 dollars.
Alternatively, you can own this device with a 30 monthly installment of just 22.33 dollars per month. With 24 monthly installments, you have to pay 27.91 dollars per month.
You can get up to a 200 dollar discount on this device if you add the Verizon cell phone plans. Note that Verizon offers all the devices with an easy installment payment option, and they require 0% APR. You just need to pay an activation fee of 35 dollars if you are a new switching user.
FAQs About the Best Verizon Cell Phones For Hearing Impaired
What does the M/T rating mean?
It is a parameter for devices that supports hearing aid devices. The M means microphone, and T means telecoil. A device with M/T rating means that the product is tested for acoustic & inductive coupling. These ratings represent the compatibility of the device with hearing or accessibility devices.
Q. Are there any free phones available for hearing impaired seniors?
Yes, you can get free caption phones if you have hearing disabilities or have lost hearing. Some of these caption phones are- CapTel, ClearCaptions, Caption Calling, Sprint CapTel, InnoCaption, etc.
What is the definition of TTY for the hearing impaired?
Telecommunications Relay Service or Text Telephone Relay (TTY/TRS) services are mainly deaf people, people with hard of hearing, or DeafBlind, etc.
Before we sum up, you may consider exploring Top 10 Verizon phone deals for existing customers.
Now you know the top 5 list of the best Verizon cell phones for hearing impaired. The Alcatel Go Flip V is the best one with essential features and an affordable price tag.
But there are other high-end smartphones with hearing aid compatibility from Motorola, Samsung, and Apple. Choose one which fits with your budget and other requirements.