How do you do US cellular phone upgrade from other career? Switching to US Cellular cell phone plans are very simple. Without changing your phone number you can use US Cellular service. US Cellular is the best network in the country and they operate its own national network.
US Cellular provides solid coverage as it has the combination of pre and postpaid plans option to choose from, and it has its core network that has a roaming network as well. But the downside is they have only 10.27% coverage of their network, and US Cellular doesn’t provide the unlimited data plan. Also you may find helpful the Qlink wireless phone upgrade if you or your friend using it. and most consider to know about how to switch phone carriers without paying
If you want to use US Cellular for your next plan, make sure your area has the coverage and then you have to choose a US Cellular compatible phone and the upgrade process is simple. The following are the process of how you can upgrade to the US Cellular.
US Cellular Phone Upgrade Complete Guide 2020
How to upgrade your phone to US cellular? You can upgrade your phone to the US Cellular from your home by keeping your phone. To upgrade your phone, you can call their number and upgrade your over the phone or visit their website and log in to My Account.
- Remember, the account must be yours or it has to be an authorized contact.
- Next, log in to the My Account to make sure your phone is US Cellular compatible.
- You should be the owner of a current US Cellular account with no past-due payments. If there’s any past due, you can make payment directly from the account or the store.
Once you are done with my account formalities make sure you have the backup of your personal phone that is stored on your device, such as – contacts, photos or texts, etc.
If you are an android user then back up all the data via Google. And if you are an Apple user then back up the content via iCloud. Also, you have to reinstall all the apps you have installed on your device. US Cellular is not responsible for the application installation charges.
Before you visit a US Cellular store, make sure you have –
- You have a valid government-issued photo ID. For instance – a driver’s license or passport.
- When calling the customer care your account PIN.
- And payment form receipt.
US Cellular is a CDMA network carrier which means if you want to use US Cellular phones and plans your phone must have a GSM network. If your phone has GSM you will not face any trouble bringing one to the US Cellular.
Top 5 US Cellular compatible phones
On the market, different types of US Cellular cell phones are available. We have researched different phones and picked the top 5 best US Cellular compatible phones. Read the next section and choose the best one you like.
1. Honor 7X GSM Unlocked Smartphone
Honor is a great phone for the price, it is worth every penny. This phone provides amazing battery life rather than other standard phones. The touchscreen works faster and the unlocked feature makes it perfect to use.
- The front camera is 8 MP features new fantastic Effects also, it has the portrait feature. And just by showing your palm to the camera you can click pictures from this phone. The real camera is 16MP+2MP.
- Honor has the 7x’s full view 18:9 screen than the traditional 16:9 screen. You will have a wider view than before.
- The battery has the 3340mAh power that is enabled by the 16nm Kirin 659 chipset. The ultra power provides you with using the phone for a long time.
- With the authorized fingerprint, this mobile can be unlocked. The fingerprint can be used to make another task on the phone.
- It has the Split-screen function that offers a faster multi-management experience. Now you can enjoy the 2 running applications on a split-screen.
- It is 4G LTE and GSM compatible.
- 3 GB RAM along with 32 GB storage + Micro SD (you have to buy this separately).
- It is upgraded to Android 8.0
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
The camera of this phone is wonderful for pictures as it has nice lightning and it has lots of options along with Pro mode. It doesn’t have the waterproof feature – this is a downside yet it has the best features.
The users of this phone recommend others to purchase this phone as it comes with the best features and these make this phone compatible with US Cellular.
2. Motorola G6
Moto G6 will provide you everything you want. This phone works as fast as an iPhone and easy to operate. The battery life is excellent and at the end of the day, the phone remains 60%+ charge with heavy use.
- Pre-installed selection of Amazon apps, including the Amazon Widget, Amazon Shopping, and Amazon...
- Amazon Alexa: Simply say “Alexa” or double press the power button to play music, hear the news...
- 5.7" Full HD+ Max Vision display with an 18:9 aspect ratio, 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal...
- Motorola is compatible with US Cellular phones.
- The 3D glass back and provides a 5.7″ full HD stunning display with an 18:9 aspect ratio for the max vision.
- It featured a dual rear camera.
- With a few minutes of charge, it can go all day.
- The speed is a 1.8 GHz Octa-Core processor with 4G LTE.
- Motorola G6 32 GB Unlocked phone comes with a one-year of the limited warranty.
This is an excellent option for you if you are seeking a reasonable price phone with all the features. This is one of the fastest phones and you will get everything you need from this since this is functional with the best features at an affordable price.
You can easily upgrade your US Cellular to this phone. The performance is just fine for this phone compared to other cheapest phones on the market so you will be quietly happy with this US Cellular compatible phone. Before you start using the phone read the manual thoroughly.
3. Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung S8 has a perfect picture quality even with the low light. It comes with the best fingerprint reader than other phones along with face recognition. The durable battery life makes it handy to use for a long time.
- Infinity Display: a bezel less, full frontal, edge to edge screen. Default resolution is Full HD+...
- Camera resolution Front: 8 MP AF, Rear: 12 MP OIS AF
- Memory: Internal Memory 64 GB, RAM 4GB. Earjack : 3.5 millimeter Stereo
- The full HD edge to edge screen and this can be changed to Quad HD+ from the settings. The display ratio is 18.5:9 that makes the whole scene on your screen.
- It has a 12 MP OIS AF rear camera and 8 MP AF front camera.
- 64 GB is the internal memory with 4 GB RAM. And the ear jack is a 3.5mm stereo.
- Talking time up to 30 hours and video playtime is up to 17 hours.
- Water and dust resistant.
- It operated at Android 7.0.
This is an incredible phone that can activate itself, the water and dust-resistant make this one of the best phones for the US Cellular. Samsung always provides the best screen and this one is no exception.
The crystal clear display makes sure the users can watch photos or videos clearly that will blow your mind. It has an elegant design along with the security system. This phone is a great one.
This is featured with the Bixby option to hear your voice that is similar to Alexa. It is definitely worth considering if you are craving for a great smartphone.
4. Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy S7 is a very popular phone to the customer since it is a beautiful phone that works flawlessly. The battery it provides is just wow than any traditional phone. It is featuring a Quad HD super AMOLED display and it has the IP68 rating.
- Wireless voice, data and messaging services compatible with GSM networks such as AT&T and T-Mobile...
- It comes with a 1 year Samsung US warranty like other Pre-owned Samsung.
- The 5.1″ screen display is fine to watch movies or for games.
- Running out of storage is no more an issue since it already has 32 GB internal storage plus you can add a 256 GB SD card.
- It takes a little time to charge fully.
- A new charger and fresh nice set of earbuds are included with the phone.
- Samsung S7 is water and dust-resistant – so this without any major issues.
The dual-pixel camera of this phone provides you with clicking photos like a professional. This is the first dual-pixel camera on the market. Samsung S8 is a perfect one that you expect to have.
If you have this phone then you don’t need to delete any items from the phone since it has great storage capacity. And if you wish you can extend the memory up to 256 GB.
This phone can run without charge for 1/2 days that makes this phone exceptional. More power means more play. And the best thing is – it is built-in wireless charging that takes 0 to 100% in a matter of time.
5. LG V35 ThinQ V35 64GB Unlocked GSM Phone
LG V35 is a GSM unlocked phone that is US Cellular compatible phones and this is exceptionally great for the price. So people on the budget can purchase this if you are seeking a high-end brand phone.
- 6" QHD+ OLED FullVision display (2880 x 1440) with 18:9 aspect ratio, 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of...
- Dual 16 MP standard-angle and wide-angle rear AI cameras with LED flash, 8 MP wide-angle...
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor upto 2.8 GHz and fast 4G LTE speed.Facial recognition...
- The display has 6″ QHD+OLED full vision display (2880 x 1440) with an 18:9 aspect ratio.
- 64 GB internal storage and 6 GB RAM also, has an additional option to add another micro SD.
- This phone operated with Android 8.0.
- This comes with dual 16 MP standard-angle and wide-angle rear AI cameras with LED flash. And the front camera comes with Selfie light with 8 MP.
- It has a fast 4G LTE speed and up to 2.8 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor.
- To instantly unblock your phone it contains fingerprint and face recognition,
- Works with the GSM SIM card which means you can use a US Cellular phone.
Before using the phone you need to set the APN of your mobile carrier network and everything else is perfect for this phone. The battery life makes this phone easy to use. The security of this phone is strict.
The size is nice but it has a narrower display than the other 4 we talked about. And it should update the brightness but the users can adjust to this over time. However, it is okay for the price while the other features are good enough.
These were 5 of the best US Cellular compatible phones that you can choose for your next US Cellular prepaid sim card. All of these phones are wonderful, as well as, budget-friendly. You can see, all 5 of the phones have great battery power that makes sure you can use the phone for a long time. And most importantly, these are US Cellular compatible phones.
Before buying a US Cellular phone make sure it is unlocked (above 5 are unlocked) and compatible with GSM carriers. US Cellular provides less expensive calls and data plans. Though it doesn’t provide the best service like the 4 best networks in the country yet it is good.
Since US Cellular has its own National network and its SIM provides the roaming feature so that the user can use this while traveling. Currently, they provide the 4G coverage but soon they will upgrade to 5G.
You can keep your current number while upgrading to their network. US Cellular provides the best plans in the country. They provide unlimited plans for $65 per month and for their unlimited plus plan you have to pay $75 per month.
If you are thinking of choosing the US cellular family plan then on one account they allow 10 lines. US Cellular provides the best security so you can upgrade your phone to this network.
US Cellular is the 5th largest network site and it is becoming popular day by day. The users of this network claim it is the best plus they can stream videos without any major issues. They have the roaming feature as we mentioned above – this is an added convenience.
If you are thinking of an upgrade to the US Cellular then make sure your area has the coverage. Also, make sure your phone has GSM so that you can use the US Cellular phone without issues. Hope this US cellular phone upgrade guidance will helps you lot.
Last update on 2020-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API