Finding the best TracFone flip phones for seniors? As much as we need mobile phones to become productive, senior citizens also need a reliable and efficient mobile device. Seniors need a good phone to contact their families, especially if they live away from them, or they reside in a retirement home. Seniors need a reliable phone to contact their doctor or to call in case of an emergency. Also, seniors need to keep in touch with their friends and loved ones, and have their own mobile device adds to their sense of security.
And what’s better than a TracFone flip phone for seniors? TracFone offers smartphones and flip phones ready to use for senior citizens this year. If you need a TracFone plan or you want an elderly family member to get a TracFone plan for seniors, then the following may be the best phones to check out this year.
10 Best TracFone Phones for Seniors 2021
1. TracFone Carrier-Locked Alcatel MyFlip Phone
The Alcatel MyFlip is a classic TracFone flip phone for seniors has all the essential features you need in a phone for seniors. This flip phone is for seniors who simply need a phone to text and to make calls. However, there are other features that they may find interesting, like a video player, email, internet browsing, and music player features. And because this is from Alcatel, you can guarantee the phone’s quality, durability, and good craftsmanship.
What’s great about the TracFone Alcatel MyFlip
- With a standard 2.0 camera to capture images or videos with just one click of a button.
- With the large numbered keypad, so seniors won’t find it hard to make calls.
- Large internal memory at 4GB and is expandable with a microSD card to store images and videos and different downloads.
- With a 2.8” colored screen
- 4 GB internal memory
- With internal caller ID
- With needed basic apps and features
- With large numbers
- Loud adjustable ringer volume
- Comes with a SIM card
This TracFone Alcatel MyFlip is a carrier-locked 4G prepaid flip phone. This comes with a SIM Card that needs to be activated as soon as possible before you can use the TracFone service. The MyFlip is a simple phone that comes with all seniors who need to make calls, text, send an email, check their calendar, and internet connection. With a full charge, you can expect about 8 hours of talk time.
2. TracFone LG L442BG 3G Prepaid Phone
Way back when TracFone flip phone for seniors were “in” the LG L442BG was one of the hottest phones in the market. TracFone is bringing back this classic with its 2.2” color screen that’s bright and perfect for texting, for answering and making calls and for taking photos and videos. Seniors will love its handy features and longer talk time at 2.1 hours in one full charge.
- With a colorful 2.2” screen
- Capable of 2G and 3G Wireless Technology
- Battery standby time of up to 7 days while talk time is 2.1 hours
- Large buttons to make calls and texts
- Easy send and end buttons
- Easy access buttons to launch the camera and to send messages
- Loud but adjustable ring tones
- With a secondary screen that displays the time, battery power and network
What’s great about the TracFone LG L440BG
- With flip phone design that’s easy to keep in your breast pocket or inside your purse
- With large palpable buttons to easily make calls, texts or to navigate through this flip phone’s basic menu
- Longer battery times with standby time up to 7 days and talk time of up to 2.1 hours
For seniors who just want a basic call and textphone, then the LG L442BG is the best choice. Not only does it stay true to the flip phone design, but it also has great basic features, better battery, and ergonomic features for seniors. This is a locked phone and should be activated before use.
3. TracFone ZTE Z233 Prepaid Phone
Another TracFone flip phone for seniors is the classic ZTE Z233. This has the legendary flip design, and thus it’s perfect for keeping in your pants pocket or in your breast pocket. It runs on a 4G LTE network, and thus, it’s fast and easy for texting and calls.
- Supports 4G LTE
- 4 Gb internal memory, expandable to 32 GB using a microSD card
- With external caller ID
- With 2 MP camera
- 1.1 GHz quad-core processor
- Capable of Bluetooth 4.1
- CDMA phone
What’s great about
- With large easy to press number buttons for easy texting, making calls, and for moving through the phone menu.
- With large internal memory that’s expandable
- With 2 MP basic camera capable of taking photos and videos
The TracFone ZTE Z233 is a prepaid phone that is locked and should be activated before it can be used. It is a handy phone for seniors who just want to make or receive calls, texts and to check the internet.
4. TracFone Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown
Some seniors want a cool and hip phone that they can use to call or text and to browse the internet. The TracFone compatible phone Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown is a 4G LTE smartphone with a large 5.5” and sleek high definition screen. This phone is fast, so you can keep up with videos, mobile browsing, and even playing online games. It has a 13 MP camera and a 13 MP front-facing camera so you can take cool selfies anywhere.
- 5.5-inch high definition screen
- 1.56 GHz Octa-Core processor
- Runs on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Compatible with 4G LTE
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- 4.2 Wireless technology
- 13 MP primary camera and 13 MP front-facing camera
- 16 GB internal memory, expandable using microSD card up to 400 GB
What’s great about the TracFone Samsung Galaxy J7?
- Large 5.5” HD screen, perfect for checking out photos, videos, and social media. This screen is large, clear, and colorful for seniors with eyesight problems
- Responsive 13 MP primary camera and 13 MP front-facing camera to take photos and selfies especially on a vacation
- Fast 1.56 GHz Octa-Core processor and Android 8.0 Oreo for faster apps and better smartphone performance
TracFone Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown TracFone for seniors is perfect for seniors who want to browse the web. Connect to friends and family. They will love a phone that’s easy and fun to use. This TracFone is carrier-locked, and thus, you must have this activated on the TracFone service in 12 months.
5. TracFone Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro comes with a large 5.5” high-definition screen that’s colorful, bright, and perfect for seniors who have problems with their eyesight. It is powered by Android 6.0 Marshmallow, is 4G LTE compatible, and comes with a powerful front and primary camera.
- 5.5” High definition screen
- 1.4 GHz Quad-Core processor
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 8 MP primary camera and 5 MP front-facing camera
- 16 GB internal memory capable of expanding up to 256 GB using a microSD card
- Battery power is better with usage talk time up to 31 hours
What’s great about the TracFone Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro?
- This TracFone flip phone comes with a large 5.5” HD screen, which is great for watching videos and for video chatting with family and friends.
- This comes with an 8MP primary camera and a 5MP front-facing camera to capture memorable moments and videos or take selfies to post on social media accounts.
- With 16 GB internal memory that’s expandable to 256 GB, which is more than enough to store pictures, videos, download documents, and many more.
The TracFone Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro is a 4G LTE prepaid smartphone that’s powered by Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and under the hood is a 1.4 GHz quad-core processor that’s ready to perform faster and more efficiently for any application or software. This Samsung Galaxy smartphone is capable of performing far beyond what seniors need.
This TracFone model is carrier-locked, which means customers need to have their new devices activated in the TracFone service. This must be done within 12 months, while any airtime cards should be used within 12 months.
4. TracFone Carrier-Locked TCL LX
The TCL LX tracfone cell phones for seniors comes with a bright 5.3” screen that will let seniors check on their email, write texts, update their social media accounts, and many more. This camera has an 8 MP primary camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera, which will let seniors make videos, take selfies and take photos of their vacations and trips.
- 5.3” High definition screen
- 1.1 Gigahertz quad-core processor
- Runs on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Supports 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1 capable
- MP3 Player
- With 8 MP primary camera and front camera with 5 MP
- Internal memory of 16 GB
- microSD card support up to 32 GB
What’s great about TracFone Carrier – Locked TCL LX
- Large 5.3” high-definition screen and runs on a 1 GHz quad-core processor for faster app use and page viewing
- Wit Bluetooth 4.1 for easy and fast data sharing and file transferring.
- With 8MP primary camera and 5MP front-facing camera to capture shots and video memories.
The TracFone Carrier – Locked TCL LX has a large screen with a quad-core processor and many updated features. It’s a smartphone that seniors will love to own and use. It is carrier-locked; therefore, this must be taken to a TracFone service center to activate no more than 12 months and any air time cards redeemed within 12 months as well.
6. TracFone Motorola Moto G6
The tracfone cell phones Motorola Moto G6 is a 4G LTE with a larger 5.7” full high-definition + Max Vision Display screen. It is perfect for seniors as they need a larger screen to view photos, make texts, watch videos, and check their mail and social media and answer or make video calls.
- 5.7” Full HD+ Max Vision Display
- 1.8 GHz Octa-Core processor
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- With fingerprint reader
- Dual Lens 12 MP primary camera and 5 MP front-facing camera
- 32 GB internal memory
- Can take microSD memory card up to 128 GB
- With Turbo Power Quick Charge battery
The Motorola Moto G6 has a dual-lens primary camera at 12 MP, and a front-facing selfie camera at 5 MP. Seniors will love to take selfies with the updated front-facing camera or take photos or videos of their vacations with the primary camera.
What’s great about the TracFone Motorola Moto G6
- With a large, colorful, and vivid 5.7” full high definition screen for seniors to watch videos, movies or TV series
- With updated Android 8.0 Oreo for faster loading of apps and software and faster boot times
- With fingerprint reader for more efficient security
The TracFone Motorola Moto G6 is an updated Motorola smartphone that has a larger screen, more vivid and sharper images, and faster apps and programs. Seniors will love its efficient primary and front-facing camera, quick charging feature, and enhanced security fingerprint reader. This smartphone is locked, and thus, customers must take this to get activated for the TracFone service within 12 months. Airtime cards should also be redeemed within 12 weeks.
7. TracFone Carrier-Locked LG Rebel
Another TracFone compatible phones for seniors is the LG Rebel with a smaller but nonetheless brighter screen at 5” with a 1.4 GHz quad-core processor. This runs with Android 8.1 Oreo, and thus it’s fast and updated so seniors can watch videos, movies and even play games as much as they want.
- 5” high definition screen
- 1.4 GHz quad-core processor
- Runs on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Supports 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 capable
- With 8 MP primary camera and 5 MP front-facing camera
- 16 GB internal memory which is expandable to 32 GB using microSD
What’s great about the TracFone LG Rebel
- With a 5” high definition screen that will let seniors enjoy watching videos, making and receiving video calls, updating their social media, and answering mail.
- It comes with an 8 MP primary camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera to take photos and videos and to take their own selfies.
- With 16 GB internal memory, which is expandable to 32 GB enough to hold video and photo files and other downloads
The TracFone LG Rebel is a prepaid smartphone with a SIM card included in your purchase. It has a large, vibrant screen, faster response, and updated features. It is a reliable phone for seniors to have. This is a locked device and should be activated within 12 months under the TracFone service.
8. TracFone Carrier-Locked Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit
The Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit is a 4G LTE tracfone prepaid phones that has a 5” high definition screen with a powerful quad-core processor. It runs on updated Oreo OS and is Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 capable. Seniors will love to own this updated Samsung phone as they can use this to call, text, save contacts, take photos and videos, access the web, and update their social media, to name a few.
- With 5” high definition screen
- 1.35 GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Runs on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Compatible with 4G LTE network
- Will connect via Bluetooth 4.2
- Has an 8 MP primary camera and 5 MP selfie, front-facing camera
- 16 GB internal memory and expandable to 400 GB using a microSD card
What’s great about the Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit
- With a large high definition screen to play videos, watch movies, or play games
- With 8 MP primary camera and 5 MP front-facing camera for taking souvenir photos and videos
- With larger and expandable internal memory from 16 GB to 400 GB using a microSD memory card to keep more files and to download games and other apps
The TracFone Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit is a prepaid phone that is a carrier –locked, and thus, customers should have this device activated on the TracFone service before use. This should be done within 12 months.
10. TracFone Rebel 4
The Rebel 4 is a tracfone basic phones with a 5.0” high definition screen and runs in Android 8.1 Oreo, which means it’s fast and efficient compared to older versions. It is ideal for seniors looking for a basic smartphone for texting or receiving calls and making calls. It allows you to access the internet and to use social media, listen to music, watch videos, and more.
- 5.0 high definition screen
- Runs on Android 8.1 Oreo OS
- 1.4 GHz quad-core processor
- With an 8 MP primary camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera
- Supports 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2
- 16 GB internal memory
What’s great about the Rebel 4
- With a larger 5.0” screen to let you check out videos, movies and to take selfies, photos, and homemade videos.
- With a quad-core processor, so this is fast, very responsive, and ready to download all kinds of apps and programs.
The Rebel 4 is a handy, basic smartphone with a faster and more efficient processor and features that seniors will truly appreciate. It’s also a part of the TracFone smartphone bundle with 1200 minute calls, 1200 texts, and 1200 MB data for a year of new service.
What are the Best TracFone Flip Phones for Seniors?
The best TracFone flip phones for seniors has to be a phone with the following characteristics
Features that seniors need
If you only need a smartphone for calls and texts, there’s no need to take a fully-loaded smartphone. You may settle with regular flip phones with very basic features.
Clearer and brighter screen
Seniors prefer a phone with a larger and brighter LCD screen. This is the best way to watch videos, take video calls, and to browse the web. A phone with a small screen can easily tire people who have vision problems.
Easy to use menu and functions
The menu options should be readily accessible and must be easy to toggle from one section to another.
Extended battery life
Seniors love to chat on the phone, so a phone with a larger and stronger battery life would be perfect for them.
From our list of the best TracFone cell phones for seniors, the Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown TracFone is our best phone for seniors. They can use this TracFone phone to connect to friends and family. This is easy and fun to use, but it’s carrier-locked, and thus you must have this activated on the TracFone service within 12 months. And if you think that the TracFone Samsung Galaxy J7 is your kind of senior flip phone, check this out here.
Last update on 2021-10-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 10 Best TracFone Phones for Seniors 2021
- 1. TracFone Carrier-Locked Alcatel MyFlip Phone
- 2. TracFone LG L442BG 3G Prepaid Phone
- 3. TracFone ZTE Z233 Prepaid Phone
- 4. TracFone Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown
- 5. TracFone Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro
- 4. TracFone Carrier-Locked TCL LX
- 6. TracFone Motorola Moto G6
- 7. TracFone Carrier-Locked LG Rebel
- 8. TracFone Carrier-Locked Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit
- 10. TracFone Rebel 4
- What are the Best TracFone Flip Phones for Seniors?
- Final Verdict