Are you thinking about renting a modem from an internet service provider? If you are thinking about renting a modem from a service provider then most probably it is a modem and router combo like Motorola MG7550 ac1900. The main purpose of a router is to connect multiple networks and forward packets destined either for its own networks or other networks. In short, a router creates a network between the computers in your home while your modem connects that network and thus the computers on it, to the internet. Buying a router and modem is the most effective way than renting.
The Motorola MG7550 is a high speed cable modem and gigabit router, if you stream content to wireless devices in your home network like phones, laptops and tablets then Motorola MG7550 is the best choice for you. Motorola MG7550 modem router provides the range, wireless speeds and networking support needed for multimedia, Internet video and high performance networking in a home or office.
Power Boost AnyBeam and DFS helps to promote range and wireless performance. DFS assumes the use of low traffic Wi-Fi channels to alleviate interference from neighbors. Altogether, they come up with fast, robust WiFi connections with great coverage. Today I will give you a cardinal Motorola MG7550 Review.
Features Of Cable Modem
- The modem features with 16 downstream channels for speeds up to 686 Mbps.
- It has 4 upstream channels for speeds up to 123 Mbps.
- It has a 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem.
- It downloads 16 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0.
- It’s a full band capture digital tuner for even that means you will get higher speeds and a faster data, more reliable internet connection.
- It works with DOCSIS 3.0,2.0, and 1.1 services.
- It has an on board direct connection to built in WiFi gigabit router.
Features Of Built-in WiFi Gigabit Router
- AC 1900 wifi gigabit router with 4 Gigabit ethernet ports.
- It has 3 internal antennas supporting three send and three receive channels.
- Built-in wifi works with IEEE 802.11 n,ac,g and b devices including smartphones, computers, HDTVs and game stations.
- For extended speed and range wireless power boost to the FCC limit.
- Built in wifi includes configuration Manager with context sensitive help.
- For added security it has an advanced firewall.
- This gigabit router is built in parental control capability.
- It supports IPv4 and IPv6 for powerful and flexible network addressing.
- It provides high speed shared Internet for up to 253 wireless and ethernet devices.
- Product dimensions; 8.6’’ H X 9.1’’ D X2.6’’W.
Advantages of Motorola MG7550
- AnyBeam implicit beamforming at 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz focuses the signal on wireless clients to allow better performance and range.
- The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors.
- Motorola MG7550 comes with a unique wireless security password for fast and easy set up.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for optional connection to computers, HDTVs, tablets, game stations and other ethernet capable devices.
- It has 2 Years of warranty.
FAQs about The Motorola MG7550 Modem Router
Q: How should I update my Motorola MG7550 Router?
First you have to make sure that you have the latest firmware update from us. Then power off your cable modem for 15 seconds and then turn it on again. As it reboots your modem will check if it is running the latest code from your service provider. If your modem doesn’t have the latest code / firmware it will download the latest version.
Q: How often should I replace my modem?
How often you replace your modem it will depend on the quality of the components in the modem,but the warranty is typically a good sign of how long a manufacturer expects the modem to last. Most cheap internet providers supply modems that last between 2-3 year while more expensive modems tend to last 5 years or longer.
Q: Is it better to buy your own modem?
Buying a modem and router will increase your upfront costs, but lower your monthly internet bill. Most tech experts suggest buying separate devices but a combo unit will get the job done if you are trying to keep things simple. Either way, You will save money in the long run. And that’s always a smart decision.
Compare Motorola MG7550 vs. Motorola 16×4 cable Modem
Motorola MG7550 and Motorola 16×4 both are well renowned cable modems. They are the latest among all Motorola cable modems. Motorola 16×4 is suitable for use with 250 Mbps and 300 Mbps service available from best modem router combo for comcast, Time warner and other service providers.On the other hand Motorola MG7550 speeds up your network up to 123 Mbps.
The Motorola MG7550 and Motorola 16×4 both provide high speed internet for a computer, router, HDTVs, game station or streaming media devices. Motorola 16×4 has an advantage that a user can use any router they like to give internet access to many devices. But in this case, Motorola MG7550 isn’t able to provide this opportunity to its users. A Motorola MG7550 modem user can’t use his/her wishing router. So, they both have similarities and dissimilarities that doesn’t mean one is superior to another. In fact, they are equivalent to users in terms of their service.
What Users saying about Motorola MG7550
Most of the customers of Motorola MG7550 ac1900 router allow it with positive reviews. They also opine that Motorola MG7550 is the best cable modem for xfinity in today’s market. As Motorola MG7550 has a router of 3×3 Gigabit which means it has three sends and three received channels. They also realize that it is more than capable of broadcasting content throughout a small or medium size home or office.
With effective cost Motorola MG7550 router review provides you all good features and performance. For this reason users are pleased with its amazing service. Motorola MG7550 is the perfect choice for a cable modem user who is looking for high speed internet. Motorola offers a two years manufacturer warranty.
Recently it has won an award for best cable modem. With easy installation, high speed, broad compatibility and superb customer support Motorola MG7550 modem router is the right choice for a cable modem user. If you have questions regarding your modem and router combo you can contact the US based technical based support team either by email or phone.
Last update on 2021-10-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API