Straight Talk runs with the network coverage of Verizon, which is an excellent one for nationwide 5G coverage. It is a prominent cellular service provider in the US and has the most extensive nationwide coverage as an MVNO carrier. You may ask how to switch from Verizon to Straight Talk and keep my number?
Since Verizon owns and functions the services of Straight Talk cellular, you can easily switch from Verizon to Straight Talk.
Therefore, Straight Talk and Verizon both allow users to swap between services without any hassles. Here, one needs to have a 4G LTE or CDMA cell phone compatible with both carriers.
You need to remember that your cell phone number needs to be unlocked before you make the transfer. Straight Talk enables you to switch between services and allows keeping your existing number as well. Following, I’ll cover the overall facts you need to know to switch from Verizon to Straight Talk.
Why Should You Switch From Verizon To Straight Talk?
There are several reasons one desires to switch to Straight Talk from Verizon cellular. Firstly, Straight Talk and Verizon both run on the same network coverage, but Straight Talk comes with cheaper plans and rates compared to Verizon. Since it is an MVNO, its service costs are less expensive than the major ones.
Besides, Verizon is a prominent cellular service provider which has the fastest 5G coverage across the nation. Straight Talk also has a similar service lineup, but they don’t require any contracts or agreements for service activation. Moreover, with Straight Talk, you can have an area-based service compared to the major nationals.
Straight Talk has straightforward terms and conditions that don’t require any previous service activation for the bonuses and don’t compromise. With that, you can get the cheapest single line and family plans with the best-unlimited perks from Straight Talk.
If you live in an area where you have poor service coverage of Verizon network and a little bit better service of Straight Talk network, you can choose to switch to Straight Talk LTE services. Let’s head on to the discussion on how to switch from Verizon to Straight Talk and keep my number!
How To Switch From Verizon To Straight Talk And Keep My Number
To switch your services from Verizon to Straight Talk, you need to go for a Bring Your Own Phone SIM card from Straight Talk cellular.
For this method, first of all, you need to carefully check if your cell phone is unlocked. Your existing Verizon service also needs to be currently activated and running active services.
Before making the transfer, you need to make sure that your new phone is compatible with Straight Talk’s network.
Besides, the SIM card slot of the existing Straight Talk phone and the new phone needs to be similar. It means your current phone and your new phone need to use the same size SIM card.
Let’s begin the procedure of transferring services between SIMs!
- First of all, enter into the official site of Straight Talk, and then log in with your account.
- After that, scroll down, and you will find the option “activate” click on it to proceed.
- Then, choose to bring your own phone or device and click on the activate button below the option.
- Following, you need to choose one option from these two- “I Have a SIM” or “I don’t have a SIM/I need Help.”
- Since you have a SIM card, you will click on the first option, and then you have to put your SIM card number from the plastic card to the SIM attached.
- After entering the number, Press “Continue”, then click on either option from these two-” Keep my number” or “Get a new number.”
- Again enter the current Straight Talk number and press “continue,” and they will recognize your number if your service is activated.
- Then, click on the options where it stays; I want to keep my current number and switch all services & benefits to the new SIM card.
- Read all the data and click on the “Activate SIM card” option, and your switch is now completed.
Initially, upon opening the device, there will be a No SIM and then-No Service icon on the top. From No Service, there will be a floated icon of the SIM card which you have inserted into the new device.
You need to make sure the phone works properly by making calls and messages in the first step. Then turn on the cellular data and check if you can access your internet service or not.
How To Transfer Verizon Number To Straight Talk
To Transfer the Verizon Services to Straight Talk, first, you need to go for a 4G LTE compatible phone which will support both Verizon and Straight talk services.
You need to buy a Bring Your Own Phone Kit from Straight Talk cellular, which will include a 4G LTE SIM card that will move your Verizon services into Straight Talk.
Here, first, you need to check if you have an unlocked cell phone from Verizon because, without an unlocked phone, you can’t transfer the services.
In the package, you will also be given a network access code, which you will require to activate the services(scratch off the cover, and you’ll get the code).
Here is the procedure to Transfer Verizon Number to Straight Talk.
- Select whether you want to activate with a new number or a transferred number, then follow the steps to complete your Service Activation.
- You need to provide Your phone’s MEID, IMEI, or Serial Number.
- They will require an Unlimited 30-Day Service Plan or a credit or debit card to purchase other services during Activation.
- You are also required to provide information about your current service if you transfer a number (account contact information, account number, and password/PIN)
- Once the Activation is completed, turn your phone OFF and back ON. Your phone will start the automated Activation programming procedure.
- Once the Activation programming is completed, you should make a test call. If your test call is successful, you are finished.
- If your call is unsuccessful, you may be required to continue the below steps. If your test call is unsuccessful, call *22890 to program your phone.
- If the programming process begins, you will receive/hear a message that the Programming/Activation was successful or has failed.
- If it failed, call *22890 again, and once programming is successful, make a test call.
If the programming process does not begin, your phone may not require it. The screen may display a SIM error message, or you may receive a “Call cannot be completed as dialed” voice message.
To complete the setup, simply repeat steps 2 and 3 above. For additional assistance, you can call the Customer Care Center at 1-855-222-2355. Let them know that you are a BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) Customer of Straight Talk.
How To Setup Your Verizon Phone On Straight Talk Verizon LTE Service
You need to have a Straight Talk account before making this process happen. If you don’t have one, you need to open one now to perform the transfer.
After you have logged into your Straight Talk account, you will see that your device is included in the list of currently activated devices.
One thing that’s really important to remember is if you have a number with Verizon or AT&T, and you want to transfer that number over and keep your old number, you’re going to have to keep your phone active with Verizon or AT&T, whoever your carrier is until the transfer is complete.
Usually, you have to give Straight Talk the information like your account number, different things like that, and then they can port your number over.
Then your account will not be active anymore, and your new account with Straight Talk now could be active. That’s just if you want to transfer your original number over.
How To Switch To Straight Talk With New Number
If you want to have a new number and don’t care about that, you can just cancel your account whenever you want with your current provider.
Transfer your existing Straight Talk service now; that transfers service if you have an existing number and want to put another phone on your account.
To activate this phone, what you’re going to need to do is first you’re going to need to go to Straighttalk.com, and then you’re going to need to log into your account if you have an online account. If not, I would highly recommend doing that; it’s effortless. You can call in and have them do this as well.
Then, you must go over to the left and go under the activate and reactivate tab. It will ask you what you want to activate, and you need to click on Sims for phones.
Click on activate, and then you have to choose whether you want to activate your new Straight Talk service or if you want to reactivate it.
How To Transfer Phone Number From Verizon To Straight Talk
If you want to use the same Verizon service but under the Straight Talk network to save more, then you can transfer your phone number from Verizon to Straight Talk.
If you already have an existing Straight Talk service and want to put it on a different phone, just hit transfer my existing service, and then you hit continue.
If you do that, you need to know your account number, password, or PIN your contact information the way it’s registered with your current service provider.
Thus, you need to have your account number and billing Password to start the port-in number from Verizon to Straight Talk.
The billing password can be the last four digits of your Social Security Number if you have not changed it after setting it for the first time.
Then you’ll need to put in your phone’s IMEI number or the MEID. It’ll tell you the instructions there and your ZIP code, and then you gotta put the CAPTCHA in it.
Now you know the answer to your inquiry, “how to switch from Verizon to Straight Talk and keep my number?”
You can effortlessly transfer the Verizon services from your Straight Talk phone, including a new device. These procedures also include transferring services to a new SIM with all the existing benefits and minutes.