Metro by T-Mobile or MetroPCS bring your own phone is the process of keeping your good old phone when you switch to the network.
Every carrier in the US gives you the option to keep your previous phone number as well as the phone even after switching which is very convenient for the customers.
Here, we will talk about the detailed steps of the process and answer the questions you have about keeping the phone.
But if you don’t want to keep your old phone or don’t have any to keep, you can get free phones when you switch to MetroPCS. Let’s get started by knowing the process first and then try to know some valuable information.
- How MetroPCS bring your own phone to them? – FAQ & Guide
- MetroPCS Bring Your Own Phone FAQs
- I don’t know if my phone is eligible or compatible with the desired carrier’s network; where should I check for compatibility?
- Do I need to choose a data plan after switching?
- What’s an IMEI number that I got asked while checking for compatibility?
- How do I unlock my device to activate on Metro by T-Mobile?
- I’m bringing my own device to Metro but can I keep my old phone number?
- What’s the perfect SIM card size for my phone and how do I ensure that I’m buying the right size?
- Can I bring my phone from Boost, Sprint, or Verizon to T-Mobile as they use different network technologies?
- Final Verdict
How MetroPCS bring your own phone to them? – FAQ & Guide
For your convenience, we are going to show you the steps right away with all the necessary official links so that you can take successful steps. After that, we’ll answer some important questions regarding switching and bringing the phone.
MetroPCS Bring Your Own Phone Guide
Before you start reading the steps, we want to tell you that you can get started without depending on any third-party website. The process is so simple that you can do it yourself or take the help from MetroPCS’s customer care.
- The very first step is to check the compatibility of the phone that you want to bring. It’s because MetroPCS is dependent on T-Mobile’s network and you can’t use a phone that isn’t compatible with GSM technology.
- The second step is to buy a Metro SIM card which you can do by ordering online. But you can also bring your old phone to the carrier’s store and buy a SIM card from there.
- The final step is to activate the phone with the new SIM card inside. For this step, you can either take the help of the store officials or call at 888-863-8768. They will guide you or complete the process for you.
Don’t Miss: You will have to bring your phone unlocked by your previous carrier. Otherwise, none of those steps will be complete. Now, you are ready to MetroPCS bring your own phone without making a mess.
Switch to MetroPCS Without Paying
Switch phone carriers without paying has become an obvious thing now. The reason is that every carrier is offering something to their new customers.
Similarly, MetroPCS is also offering something when you bring your own phone to their network so that your switching cost gets covered.
This is a limited time offer for new customers and you should check its availability before getting hopeful. With this offer, you’ll get a $50 online VISA reward card so that the switching cost won’t bother you and make you hesitant about switching.
- For this deal, you will have to get a SIM card from Metro and activate a line on your phone.
- After that, you will have to spend a minimum of 45 days with Metro to be eligible for the reward. At the end of the waiting period, you’ll get a text with the link for the $50 virtual Visa Prepaid Card.
- Finally, you can get the reward amount within 30 days after getting the link.
Data Plans For Your Old Phone
The great thing about monthly data plans of Metro by T-Mobile is that the pricing includes Taxes and other fees like T-Mobile. The pricing is also competitive although the carrier is not charging anything extra. So, let’s take a quick look at the data plans and you can get more information from their website.
The first data plan includes 10GB high-speed data per month for only $40 per line. With this plan, you can stream unlimited music from selected music apps without using data from the 10GB limit.
Also, you can share the data through your mobile hotspot which we didn’t see on basic plans from other carriers. If you think that the price should be less, you should know that other carriers may offer less pricing but they don’t include taxes and other fees. Moreover, you can get this package paying less by adding more lines.
The unlimited high-speed data package starts from $50 per month per line which also includes taxes and fees. This plan allows you to share 4G data for up to 5GB with your mobile hotspot.
Also, you can get a cloud storage subscription included in the package. The cloud storage is provided by Google One and your limit will be 100GB which is more than enough.
The last one is an Unlimited pack also with a pricing of $60 per month per line. You can enjoy more benefits from this package as it allows 15GB 4G data through a mobile hotspot, 100GB storage on Google One, and Amazon Prime subscription.
So, this will be the best deal for heavy data users. If you have a family, you should get this monthly plan as it’ll cost only $120 for 4 lines and you’ll be saving $120 for a limited time.
Those are the monthly data plans but there are also some promotions going on for new customers. You can get the 4th line for free and also save a lot of money on monthly bills. On another deal, you can get 2 lines for $90 and pay an extra $10 for a tablet line with unlimited LTE data and Amazon Prime subscription.
Some Phone Deals When You Switch
It’s true that you can get MetroPCS free phones with activation when you switch to its network. There are also some MetroPCS waterproof phones if you’re concerned about spills and accidents. N
ow, the deals we’re about to share here have limited time and limited stock. For this reason, you should check their availability and act accordingly. So, let’s check out some deals and wrap up with some FAQs.
- The first most attractive free phone deal includes buying a Galaxy A20 and getting another one for free per account. So, you’ll be saving $240 for the smartphone when you switch to Metro by T-Mobile. This phone has a large 6.4” Infinity Display, 13MP+8MP camera configuration, and 3GB+32GB storage capacity. Moreover, its 4000mAh battery with the fast-charging feature will give you enough juice to use it for a full day and more. Although the phone is big, you won’t feel that big on your hands because of its edge-to-edge Infinity Display. This is a powerful and durable phone and you should consider this after switching to Metro.
- The second most attractive deal also involves a free phone when you switch to Metro. The model for this phone is the LG Stylo 5 and you can get one free after switching and buying a new one for the new line of service. Getting the free LG Stylo 5 will save you $240 like the Galaxy A20 and you can consider this as the switching cost. This phone has a big screen too and comes with a bonus Stylus Pen. The phone’s display is 6.2” with FHD+ FullVision technology, 13MP+5MP camera configuration, face recognition technology, fingerprint sensor, 3GB+32GB memory capacity, and a 3500mAh battery. The optimized operating system and powerful less power consuming processor will let you heavily use this phone for the whole day. So, you should consider buying one and getting one for your partner.
- Other phone deals also involve free phones but those are not as attractive as the top 2 deals. Anyway, you can get a Samsung Galaxy J2 for free which has a retail price of $150 after you switch to Metro. This is a phone with 5” qHD display, 8MP+5MP camera setup, 16GB ROM which is expandable to 400GB, a 2600mAh battery which is capable of providing 16 hours of talk time, and a 1.4 GHz quad-core processor.
- Another phone that costs almost $150 when you buy from a retail store can be owned for free when you switch to Metro by T-Mobile. The phone is manufactured by LG and the model is Aristo 3+. This phone also has a 5” HD IPS display, 13MP+5MP camera setup, 16GB ROM which is expandable to 32GB, a 2410mAh battery which is capable of providing 17 hours of talk time, and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 1.4 GHz quad-core processor. Moreover, this phone has face recognition technology which is unusual for such phones.
- The last free phone is the Moto e 6th generation or you can call it Moto e6. The phone has a bigger screen than the other 2 of the same price range of $150 and you can get a fingerprint sensor as a bonus. This is a phone with 13MP+5MP camera setup, 16GB ROM which is expandable to 256GB, 2GB RAM, 3000mAh battery which is capable of providing 18 hours of talk time, and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 1.4 GHz quad-core processor.
- Finally, the last offer is getting the Alcatel JOY TAB for half of its retail price. The Tab is equipped with 8” TFT IPS LCD display with 16:9 aspect ratio, 4080mAh battery for up to 698 hours of standby time, Mediatek MT8765A processor with face recognition technology, 5MP camera on both the front and the back, and mobile hotspot capability. The battery takes only 3 hours to full charge so that you won’t have to wait long. Moreover, the TAB comes with Google Lens which gives you more realistic photos even with a low configuration camera.
MetroPCS Bring Your Own Phone FAQs
We’ve tried to answer as many questions as possible but you can tell us if we’ve missed any important one.
I don’t know if my phone is eligible or compatible with the desired carrier’s network; where should I check for compatibility?
At first, your phone needs to be checked by an online compatibility checker that we’ve mentioned earlier. If your existing phone is eligible to use on the MetroPCS network, you need to unlock the phone and bring it while switching. Also, you won’t have to worry much about phones as you can always opt for MetroPCS phone deals which work perfectly with full speed and strong connectivity.
Do I need to choose a data plan after switching?
Yes, to get the $50 virtual reward card, you have to complete the process and wait for up to 2 months. Otherwise, you can activate the line whenever you want. There are cost-efficient data plans described above that won’t charge you extra for taxes and other fees.
What’s an IMEI number that I got asked while checking for compatibility?
The IMEI number is one kind of identity for your device and almost all electronic devices have one. Metro needs your phone’s IMEI number to check if the device can run on their network. So, dial *#06# on your phone and you will see that one or two IMEI numbers appear on the screen. Put any one of the numbers in the compatibility checker’s input box and hit enter.
How do I unlock my device to activate on Metro by T-Mobile?
Every device is locked by their respective carrier so that no customer can walk out without paying the due bills. So, if you have any due payment with your old carrier, pay them first and then tell them to unlock your phone. Don’t think that they won’t as they are bound by the law to do it once the payment has been cleared.
I’m bringing my own device to Metro but can I keep my old phone number?
Yes, of course you can keep your old phone number and the process is pretty simple. You’ll only have to switch to Metro without canceling the service from your previous carrier. Then, you give Metro all the necessary information and Metro will do the porting themselves. After successful port-in, you’ll get to use your old number on MetroPCS’s network. Always remember that canceling the previous carrier’s service before porting-in will result in losing the old number forever.
What’s the perfect SIM card size for my phone and how do I ensure that I’m buying the right size?
The thing is that you won’t have to worry about the size because the SIM card kit comes with 3 different sizes and any size among 3 will fit into your phone’s SIM card tray.
Can I bring my phone from Boost, Sprint, or Verizon to T-Mobile as they use different network technologies?
The answer would be no but there are some smartphones that can support both GSM and CDMA technologies. So, you can use those phones anywhere in the US with any carrier. Just check the compatibility online, make sure whether you can use it on Metro or not.
That’s more than what you need to know about MetroPCS bring your own phone as we’ve other articles showing some awesome deals.
MetroPCS covers almost all areas in the US, has a very helpful customer care team, and sells data plans thinking of the convenience of its customers. For this reason, we think you should switch to Metro and the cost will be $0.