Situated in the midwestern part of the United States, Wisconsin is a vital state in the USA, with more than 5.8 million. Wisconsin’s capital city is Madison, and it has been a great attraction for recreational museums. Even after the decent statistics, Wisconsin has significant problems in its economy. Thus, you may ask, what are the best providers for free government phones Wisconsin?
Since Wisconsin has a poverty rate of about 10.4 percent from 2000 to 2019, it is evident that they require complementary cellular services to ensure all-encompassing connectivity for all citizens. More than 14 providers come with free government cell phone Wisconsin. On the other side, four MVNOs and major national carriers offer Lifeline discount plans in Wisconsin.
With lifeline phone Wisconsin providers, you can ensure the fastest connection than the federal service providers at a cheaper monthly expense. Some active free government smartphone Wisconsin providers are- Assurance Wireless, enTouch Wireless, FeelSafe Wireless, Life Wireless, Q Link Wireless, Safelink Wireless, Tag Mobile, Tempo Communications, and Terracom Wireless.
- What's Required For A Free Government Phones Wisconsin?
- Top 5 (Providers) Free Government Phones Wisconsin
- 1. FeelSafe Wireless
- 2. Assurance Wireless
- 3. enTouch Wireless
- 4. Life Wireless
- 5. Tag Mobile
- Qualifying Requirements For Free Government Phones Wisconsin
What’s Required For A Free Government Phones Wisconsin?
Wisconsin is a state with a considerable poverty rate of 10%, which is not a negligible number. Therefore, if you split the details into upper and lower bounds, the percentages will be 9.7 and 10.7, respectively. However, Wisconsin is not in the officially rated top 10 states with the highest poverty levels.
This is why you will find that more than 15 Federal participants, Major national and MVNO carriers are with active Lifeline services in Wisconsin. Even after all cons, Wisconsin is the 6th best state in the US to live appropriately. The house rates in Wisconsin are also affordable.
You will be amazed to know that Wisconsin home or living expenses are approximately 15% lower than the overall average in the USA. Wisconsin’s minimum wage of 7.25 dollars per hour transparently determines the necessity of free government phones in Wisconsin.
Top 5 (Providers) Free Government Phones Wisconsin
In the initial part of this content, we have mentioned almost all providers of the Lifeline program in Wisconsin. But, not all are the best in terms of the offerings, services, perks, terms, and conditions. We have researched for you and composed a list of the top 5 providers for free government phones Wisconsin. Let’s get into a detailed conversation!
1. FeelSafe Wireless
FeelSafe Wireless is an MVNO company that offers both Federal Lifeline programs and general cellular plans. They cover almost 10 states of the United States with the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program. With the Lifeline plans only, you may get reduced perks compared to the bundle pack of Lifeline and ACP.
The coverage states of FeelSafe Wireless are- California, Kentucky, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Mississippi, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania. Their current customers can add minutes when they require more than the set amount monthly. You should note that you need to recertify your service annually.
- You can participate in the stable Lifeline program, temporary ACP plans, and a combination of both programs.
- Their Lifeline only plans offer 100 voice minutes, 500 text messages, and a maximum of 4.5 GB of data for Wisconsin residents.
- If you go for the ACP + Lifeline plan, you can receive unlimited voice minutes, text messages, MMS, and up to 15 GB of LTE data.
- They offer additional calling features like call forwarding, call waiting, caller ID, three-way calling, etc.
- You can also make free calls to customer service, open a voicemail account, and get access to 911 or E911
Wisconsin FeelSafe Wireless offers also come with additional minutes, data, and text message top-up options at the cheapest price rates. You can top up additional airtime for just 5 dollars per month.
You can load extra airtime minutes for up to 50 dollars at the peak level. On average, each minute, message, and MMS costs 0.10 dollars, and each MB costs just 0.010 dollars.
2. Assurance Wireless
In terms of the offerings, and the customer services, Assurance Wireless stays in the leading position amongst the lifeline providers for Wisconsin. Assurance Wireless is a solid participant of the federal Lifeline program, which runs its services under its largest T-Mobile network. Thus, you can get the fastest coverage under the 5G network of T-Mobile.
Assurance wireless is a prominent provider because of their company’s service solidity and reliability. They provide free government cell phone services in more than 35 states of the USA with excellent customer satisfaction. They have the most generous plans with fewer hassles and increased perks if you consider the plans. The best plan in the Lifeline program is the Assurance Wireless Unlimited.
- Get access to the fastest network coverages of Mobile cellular without any annual contracts
- Provides unlimited voice minutes, text messages, and unlimited data at higher speeds for the eligibles
- You can enjoy low international rates to more than 200 countries under their free plan
- They ensure extra protection services like- Caller ID, Multiple Layer Scam protection, Scam ID detection, etc.
- Delivers access to the 911 emergency number and up to 10 GB of high-speed 4G LTE hotspot for mobile tethering.
If you use the Assurance WIreless unlimited plan under the federal Lifeline scheme, you may notice reduced speed after finishing the monthly limit. On average, after using 35 Gigabytes of data per month, you may find speed reduction during the congested hours.
One great thing about Assurance Wireless is their Lifeline plans are available for all eligibles without any annual contracts.
3. enTouch Wireless
enTouch Wireless is one of Wisconsin’s most highly recommended providers for free government phone services. They come with no-contract services for all eligibles without any hidden fees. The free government services in Wisconsin are almost identical to the other states in the service coverage of enTouch Wireless.
Then free government service or the Lifeline service is a federally recognized program from the US government. enTouch Wireless is operating its services under Sprint or T-Mobile network coverage. They ensure offering a large screen android phone from your trusted brands if you get qualified for the enTouch Wireless Lifeline or ACP program.
- Adds premium cell phones with large screens and Android Operating system from trusted brands
- Offers unlimited voice minutes, text messages, and unlimited 4G LTE data at higher speeds for the qualified users
- You can get up to 10 GB of high-speed 4G LTE hotspot for mobile tethering.
- Provides both the Lifeline Affordable Connectivity Program benefits and free cell phones and tablets
- One can easily qualify with Federal programs like Medicaid, SNAP, Supplemental Security Income, Veterans Pension, and FPHA.
You are not bound to choose any of the programs they offer to you under the Federal schemes. It means you have the free will to choose from Lifeline, ACP, and the mixture of both options. Their ACP program offers substantial discounts on monthly broadband services for qualified participants. Like the Assurance Wireless, they offer free data, text, voice, and a mobile hotspot for tethering.
4. Life Wireless
Life Wireless is a participant of the Federal government Lifeline and ACP program based in Chicago, Illinois. The lifeline plan comes with 500 minutes, unlimited text messages, and up to 4.5 Gigabytes of high-speed data. They take no roaming charges for long-distance calls and offer affordable recharge plans.
The ACP plan offers unlimited messages, voice minutes, and a maximum of 6 Gigabyte LTE data. Life Wireless blended Lifeline & ACP plan offers unlimited messages, voice minutes, and LTE data at no monthly charges or one-time fees. They offer BYOP plans for smartphones like other LIfeline providers.
- Offers unlimited nationwide calling and unrestricted text messaging across the United States
- You can enjoy low international rates to more than 200 countries under their free program
- It gives additional protection services like- Caller ID, Multiple Layer Scam protection, Scam ID detection, etc
- No roaming charges, No charge for domestic long distance calls, and offers Affordable Recharge Plans
- Get access to the 911 emergency number and up to 10 GB of high speed 4G LTE hotspot for mobile usage
Life Wireless Lifeline plan is restricted to one per household and cannot be attached with any additional Lifeline benefits. Suppose 30 seniors or roommates living in an attached house are 30 households, and they can enjoy one Lifeline benefit each, 30 total benefits.
5. Tag Mobile
Tag Mobile is a Lifeline service provider covering almost 19 states and 11 cities in the USA. They have the best offerings for the state members of Wisconsin. Tag Mobile offers up to 8.5 GB of Data for the eligible participants. Besides, you can get unlimited talk time and text messages every month.
Some of their coverage states are Wisconsin, Kentucky, Arkansas, Michigan, South Carolina, Texas, Louisiana, California, Maine, Nevada, West Virginia, Oklahoma, Maryland, Colorado, Lowa, Minnesota, etc. Tag Mobile coverage cities are Dallas, Stockton, Riverside, Sacramento, Houston, San Francisco, Modesto, Fresno, etc.
- Get up to 8.5 GB high speed 4G LTE free data every month.
- Provides unlimited global text messages and domestic voice minutes each month
- Their reliable service is run across the nation without interruptions with Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile wireless networks.
- You can get additional calling benefits like Caller ID, Call Waiting, Voicemail, etc.
- Tag Mobile Lifeline and ACP programs are offered with no monthly costs and no contracts.
You can easily qualify for Tag Mobile Lifeline with Federal programs like Medicaid, SNAP, Supplemental Security Income, Veterans Pension, and FPHA. They also approved additional programs like Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), Head Start, and Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations(FDPIR).
Qualifying Requirements For Free Government Phones Wisconsin
Since this service is not accessible in all states, you need to go through distinct application procedures based on your area. But broadly, some qualifying requirements are pretty identical for all the states.
Here, we will discuss these key prerequisites needed for authorization. You can primarily qualify with your income status. If you are getting benefits for any federal programs, you can also be eligible.
Federal Program Prerequisites: You can apply for the Lifeline aid program either by your annual income or by participating in any FCC programs. Here are the Federally approved programs, which you can use as proof to qualify for the Wisconsin Lifeline program.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Medicaid or Federal Medical Assistance Scheme
- Supplemental Security Income or SSI
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children
- TANF or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Free Programs of the School Lunch Scheme
- Section eight or known as Federal Public Housing Assistance Project
- If you receive the Federal Pell Grant Award in the running award season
Annual Earning Prerequisites: If you cannot show any programs to qualify for the Lifeline program, there are alternative options regarding your annual income status. Therefore, you need to have a yearly household earning underneath the Federal Poverty Guideline.
Your yearly earnings need to be at or underneath 135 to 150 percent of the FPG. But for the ACP program, your income needs to be 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. Here is a table representing the income levels based on the programs!
|Person Per Household||135% of Federal Poverty Guidelines|
|01||0 to 18346 dollars|
|02||0 to 24718 dollars|
|03||0 to 31090 dollars|
|04||0 to 37462 dollars|
|05||0 to 43834 dollars|
|06||0 to 52207 dollars|
|07||0 to 56578 dollars|
|08||0 to 62950 dollars|
Households with more than eight persons need to add 9,080 dollars for each additional person. For instance, if you have a household of nine people, the Yearly Income allowed is almost 0 to 69,322 dollars (62,950 dollars + 6,372 dollars) for the Lifeline program.
Affordable Connectivity Program
|Person Per Household||200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines|
|01||0 to 25760 dollars|
|02||0 to 34840 dollars|
|03||0 to 43920 dollars|
|04||0 to 53000 dollars|
|05||0 to 62080 dollars|
|06||0 to 71160 dollars|
|07||0 to 80240 dollars|
|08||0 to 89320 dollars|
If there are more than eight people in your household, you need to add 9,080 dollars for each additional person. For instance, if you have a household of 9 people, the Yearly Income allowed is almost 0 to 98,400 dollars (89,320 dollars + 9,080 dollars).
FAQ About Free Government Phones Wisconsin
How do I get a free government phone in Wisconsin?
Initially, you need to choose the provider that you want to use with the service. Manage all the qualifying requirements and the needed documents. Later, you have to apply for the Lifeline or ACP that you prefer. Then, submit a National Verifier application, and they will send an approval after verifying your data.
What companies offer Lifeline in Wisconsin?
Companies that offer Lifeline in Wisconsin are- Assurance Wireless, enTouch Wireless, FeelSafe Wireless, Life Wireless, Q Link Wireless, Safelink Wireless, Tag Mobile, Tempo Communications, Terracom Wireless, Stand Up Wireless, etc.
How long does it take to get a free government phone?
Once your application is ready to send, your application form will now go to the national verifier. The processing can take up to 30 minutes or possibly even more time. Once approved, the processing and shipping will take 7 to 10 business days.
Wisconsin cell phone plans under the federal government are easily accessible for citizens who have the required qualifying prerequisites.
The providers mentioned above are the best, considering the offers, terms, and customer services. Pick the one from the above ones based on your preferences and requirements. That’s all we have about Free Government Phones Wisconsin.