Living without a phone is almost impossible in this era. The government also understands the necessity for the residents to have phones.
So, they offer free phones to low income families and individuals. Today, I will tell you about free government phones Kansas.
Because of the Pandemic, the official unemployment rate is as high as ever, and things are still tough for financially disabled households. Thankfully, phones aren’t just a means of communication; they can help thousands of youth to get a job.
Through the Lifeline program, the needy folks in Kansas get a free cell phone and cell phone service. If you qualify for this government assistance program, you can get a free phone, free monthly talk, text, and internet.
This article will tell you how you can get free phones and various offers from different carriers. Let’s get started with the article –
What Is The Lifeline Program?
Before we start with the process, let’s know what the program is and why does the government give free cell phones? The Lifeline program is a Government assistance program that has a long history.
The program was first started in 1985 and used to offer affordable telephone services to low-income Americans. Since then, it has changed several times and expanded, including offering free mobile phones since 2005.
Now, you can get a free smartphone and monthly free limited phone service.
Qualified people get free smartphone and phone service from the Lifeline participant carriers. Here participant carriers mean some carriers that are helping the government to distribute free phones and services. And they also offer their prepaid services. So, it’s a win-win situation for everyone.
However, the program is quite strict when it comes to eligibility. Only if you meet the prerequisites can you get the free stuff.
Who is eligible for the program in Kansas?
Who can get a free government phone in Kansas? It’s a common question among Kansas residents. Same as other states, you can capacitate for the program in two ways.
If your household income is 135% or less of the federal poverty guideline, you automatically qualify for the program.
If you want to get a lifeline phone Kansas, your income must be $18,347 an individual. After that, for each person, it adds $6,372. Here’s a list of 135% of household numbers –
|Household Size||Eligible Annual Income|
If you are already a participant in another government assistance program, you will automatically qualify for the program.
The government has launched several assistance programs. Only if you are a participant in the following program, you will be able to qualify –
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
Tribal Assistance Programs
If you are in tribal lands, you can also capacitate through the tribal assistance programs –
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
Top 5 Providers For Free Government Phones Kansas
Where to get a free government phone? After you qualify for the lifeline program, you can apply for it. Several providers are offering Kansas free government phones. Now, you will have a details description of the companies and what they offer in Kansas –
1. Assurance Wireless
When it comes to free phones, Assurance Wireless is number one. The providers are also the largest among all the lifeline providers. The service of this provider is available in most states.
Assurance Wireless used to be under the Sprint network. But, after the merger of Sprint and T- Mobile, the provider comes under the T-Mobile network and takes advantage of its extensive network.
Qualifying customers, besides a free monthly smartphone, also get free monthly data, free monthly minutes, and unlimited text. You won’t need to bill, sign a contract, or pay additional fees.
Assurance Wireless offers its service in over 40 states, which also include Kansas. Depending on the state, the free monthly service and phone quality also change.
Besides the free monthly service, if you need extra data or minutes, you can purchase them.
What Assurance Wireless Offers In Kansas
Depending on your state, the offer from Assurance Wireless varies a lot. If you are from popular states, you can get a lot better benefits than small and not-so-popular states. Here’s what Assurance Wireless Offers to Kansas residents –
- A free smartphone.
- Monthly free 4.5 GB data.
- Monthly free 1000 minutes talk.
- Monthly free unlimited text.
If the free service isn’t enough for you, you can purchase an additional service. Here’s the rate-
- Unlimited international text and talk –
- At only $5, purchase the unlimited Assurance Wireless calling option (local) or at $10 Mexico/Canada + international text and talk to over 200 countries.
- By paying $30, you can receive unlimited calls and unlimited data per month.
One of the oldest free government phone providers, Q-link offers different benefits for the lifeline qualifiers. Qlink is an MVNO that operates under the T-Mobile network. So, it also offers its service in a large area.
The operator is available in 35 states. The qualified Kansas residents will get a free smartphone and phone service.
Besides the free service, they also have prepaid plans. Compared to other free phone providers, their prepaid plans are a lot more flexible and affordable.
In their long years of in-action, Qlink offered its service to more than ten million people. There also won’t be any additional or hidden fees. Also, you don’t need to be bound by a contract.
What Qlink Wireless Offers In Kansas
Click doesn’t differentiate among the states for free phones. It offers the same plan in all the states. Here’s what qualified customers get –
- A free phone
- Free monthly 1000 minutes for both local and long-distance calling.
- Unlimited nationwide texting.
- Free 3 GB of monthly data.
Qlink has a vast list of prepaid plans. It offers minutes and data plans separately; also bundles.
Only Minutes Plans –
- By paying $1, you can get unlimited minutes for one day, including nationwide coverage, voicemail, caller id, roaming, and texting.
- By paying $5, get 500 minutes for 30 days, including all the features above.
- By paying $15 per month, you can enjoy unlimited minutes.
Only Internet Plans –
- Get 100 MB high-speed data at only $1 for 30 days.
- Get 500 MB high-speed data at only $5 for 30 days.
- Get 1 GB high-speed data at only $10 for 30 days.
- Get 2 GB high-speed data at only $20 for 30 days.
- Get 3 GB high-speed data at only $25 for 30 days.
- Get 4 GB high-speed data at only $30 for 30 days.
- Get 5 GB high-speed data at only $35 for 30 days.
- Get unlimited high-speed data at only $40 for a month.
$2 Q-Link bundle includes:
- 100 MB of monthly data.
- Unlimited minutes.
- Unlimited text.
$5 Q Link bundle includes:
- 500 MB of data.
- Unlimited minutes.
- Unlimited text.
$10 Q Link bundle includes:
- 1 GB of Data.
- Unlimited minutes.
- Unlimited text.
3. Access Wireless
Access Wireless is a major player among the Lifeline program’s participating carriers. It also serves a wide service area, including Kansas.
Depending on your eligibility, they provide free government smartphones in Kansas as well as data, minutes, and text messages.
If you desire additional services, the free cell phone plans provide reasonable add-ons. The Kansas residents can take advantage of free lifeline offers.
You get a free government phone, 250 minutes of talk time, unlimited texting, and 3 GB of the internet in all states except California.
Local and long-distance calls are also possible with the minutes. Thanks to the extra paid service, your month will go smoothly.
What Access Wireless Offers In Kansas
Access Wireless also has similar deals for all the states. Here’s what Kansas residents get –
- Free smartphone.
Free monthly 250 minutes of air time.
- Free unlimited text.
- Free 3 GB of internet.
If the limited free government phone service is not enough for you, you can purchase additional talk and data. Here’s the rate of additional data –
- 100 MB data at $1 for thirty days.
- 500 MB data at $3 for thirty days.
- 1 G.B. data at $5 for thirty days.
- 4 G.B. data at $20 for thirty days.
These plans include high-speed data, and they won’t slow down during network congestion.
4. enTouch Wireless
The operator was founded through the collaboration of two well-known enterprises, Boomerang and Ready Wireless.
It provides the most flexible options of any lifeline free phone service. Boomerang Wireless offers free phones as part of its lifeline program, and Ready Wireless is linked to further add-ons that you may require after you’ve used the free internet.
The organization has a large service area; it already serves more than twenty states and is likely to grow rapidly. Again, the group offers a terrific deal to California residents. Kansas, like the rest of the country, is treated fairly.
However, the enTouch Wireless premium services make it even more appealing. Their plans’ prices vary substantially.
Local calling, international long-distance calling, voicemail, 911 emergency services, and other fantastic features are a few examples.
What enTouch Wireless Offers In Kansas
- Free smartphone
- Free monthly 1000 minutes.
- Free Unlimited text.
- 3 GB of data.
enTouch has a vast range of plans, starting from $1 to an expensive $50. Here are some of them –
- By paying only $1, you can get an unlimited text option with the same 1000 minutes and 100 MB of data in Texas.
- By paying $5, you can get 1200 minutes of talk (local and nationwide domestic calling), unlimited texting, and 250 MB.
- If you upgrade to the $10 plan, you will get an additional 1 GB along with what include in the previous plan. And, starting with the $25 plan, the voice gets unlimited and data-limited increase.
5. Tag Mobile
Tag Mobile is a well-known Lifeline provider, providing government phones to low-income and unemployed individuals. This operation is also one of the excellent options for Kansas residents.
The company also offers free smartphones, minutes, and texting without a free phone. The incentives are more substantial if you are from California, and Texas, the states with the most petroleum production.
Tag Mobile is available on the Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile wireless networks. As a result of the network assistance of three major carriers, you enjoy broad coverage and a wide service region.
What Tag Mobile Offers In Kansas
Tag Mobile isn’t very generous in Kansas. They offer –
- A free smartphone.
- Free monthly 600 minutes.
- Free 500 MB 3G data every month.
- Free unlimited global text.
- Text And Talk Plans
- Premium: Pay monthly $4.95, and get 250 minutes of talk, unlimited texts.
- Platinum: Pay monthly $9.95, and get unlimited minutes of unlimited talk texts.
Data Only Plans
- Lite: Pay monthly $5.95, and get 500MB of 4G LTE high-speed data.
- Lite Plus: Pay monthly $11.95, and get 1 G.B. of 4G LTE high-speed data.
- Premium: Pay monthly $19.95, and get 3 G.B. of 4G LTE high-speed data.
If you are qualified, you can easily get free government phones Kansas. Several providers offer different benefits.
You can also choose local providers; they can offer even better benefits. But, in that case, you won’t be able to travel to different places.