Similar to all the states of the USA, Michigan residents can also get free government phones. Free government cell phones in Michigan are offered by the Federal Lifeline and the ACP project. Free government phones in Michigan are mainly provided for low-income US citizens and individuals participating in qualified Federal Benefit Programs.
Some of the best free government cell phones by state Michigan providers are- My Easy Wireless, Assurance Wireless, Life Wireless, enTouch Wireless, and Infiniti Mobile.
Funded by the US Federal Government and the USAC (Universal Service Administrative Company), almost all state members can get free cell phone services.
This content will cover the best providers who offer reliable services with fewer hassles in Michigan. You can get approved if you receive benefits from federal programs like Medicaid, MediCal, SNAP, or SSI.
This service is unattainable in all states, and you need to go via distinct application methods based on your location. Let’s discuss how to get free government phones in Michigan in detail!
- What Is Free Government Phones In Michigan?
- What Is Qualifying Prerequisites For Free Government Phone In Michigan
- Top 5 (Provider) Free Government Phones In Michigan
- 1. FeelSafe Wireless
- 2. Tag Mobile
- 3. enTouch Wireless
- 4. Life Wireless
- 5. Assurance Wireless
- Is Lifeline available in Michigan?
- Can I get a free government phone in Michigan?
- Why does the government give free cell phones?
- Final Verdict
What Is Free Government Phones In Michigan?
Free cell phone Michigan services widely define the Federal assistance programs: Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP). The Lifeline and the ACP Schemes both require qualifications through the National Verifier. The competent partaker of these administration projects will receive free talk & text, comprising calls to Canada & Mexico, and unconditional high-speed data.
Almost all the Michigan government service providers partnered with the US federal Government Lifeline ACP program have a list of identical qualifying prerequisites. But you should note that the qualifying requirements for the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity programs are almost the same, but they do have some slight differences.
How Do I Get A Free Government Phones In Michigan
To get Michigan free government cell phones, participants need to qualify for the Government Programs(Lifeline/EBB/ACP), which they use for eligibility. Therefore, you need to submit a National Verifier application, and they will send an approval after verifying your data. Then, you can get into your GA free government phones program through the selected provider.
What Is Qualifying Prerequisites For Free Government Phone In Michigan
This service is unavailable in all states, and you need to go via distinct application methods based on your location. But primarily, some qualifying conditions are pretty similar for all the states.
Here, we’ll discuss these requirements. You can primarily qualify with your income status. If you are getting benefits for any federal programs, you can also be eligible.
Federal Program Prerequisites: You can apply for the Lifeline aid program either by your annual income or by participating in FCC programs. Here are the Federally approved programs, which you can use as proof to qualify for the Lifeline program in Michigan.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Project(SNAP)
- Medicaid or Federal Medical Assistance Scheme
- Supplemental Security Income or SSI
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children
- TANF or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Free Programs of the School Lunch Scheme
- Section 8 or known as Federal Public Housing Assistance Project
- Federal Pell Grant Award winner in the running award season
Annual Earning Prerequisites: If you cannot show any programs to qualify for the Lifeline program, there are alternative options regarding your annual income status. Therefore, you need to have a yearly household earning underneath the Federal Poverty Guideline.
If you are applying for the Lifeline plan only then, your yearly earnings need to be at or underneath 135 to 150 percent of the FPG. But for the ACP program, your income needs to be 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. Here is a table representing the income levels based on the programs!
Households with more than eight persons need to add 9,080 dollars for each additional person. For instance, if you have a household of nine people, the Yearly Income allowed is almost 0 to 69,322 dollars (62,950 dollars + 6,372 dollars) for the Lifeline program.
|Person Per Household||135% of Federal Poverty Guidelines|
|01||0 to 18346 dollars|
|02||0 to 24718 dollars|
|03||0 to 31090 dollars|
|04||0 to 37462 dollars|
|05||0 to 43834 dollars|
|06||0 to 52207 dollars|
|07||0 to 56578 dollars|
|08||0 to 62950 dollars|
Affordable Connectivity Program
If there are more than eight people in your household, you need to add 9,080 dollars for each additional person. For instance, if you have a household of 9 people, the Yearly Income allowed is almost 0 to 98,400 dollars (89,320 dollars + 9,080 dollars).
|Person Per Household||200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines|
|01||0 to 25760 dollars|
|02||0 to 34840 dollars|
|03||0 to 43920 dollars|
|04||0 to 53000 dollars|
|05||0 to 62080 dollars|
|06||0 to 71160 dollars|
|07||0 to 80240 dollars|
|08||0 to 89320 dollars|
Top 5 (Provider) Free Government Phones In Michigan
We have added the top five providers that offer free government smartphones Michigan. To list up the providers, we have looked upon the service terms, conditions, and offerings for each Michigan government phone. Besides, the reliability and customer services are also crucial factors which we have considered to consist of the list.
1. FeelSafe Wireless
FeelSafe Wireless is an MVNO company that offers both Federal Lifeline programs along with general cellular plans. They cover almost 10 states of the United States with the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program. The coverage states of FeelSafe Wireless are- California, Kentucky, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Mississippi, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania.
With the Lifeline plans only, you may get reduced perks compared to the bundle pack of Lifeline and ACP. Their current customers can add minutes when they require more than the set amount per month.
However, you should note that you need to recertify your service annually. If you switch to their Lifeline plans, you may get reduced perks compared to the ACP plan benefits.
- They mainly offer up to 10 Gigabyte of high speed 5G & 4G LTE data, and you can get unlimited Additional Data
- Offers unlimited nationwide calling and unrestricted text messaging across the USA
- Delivers both the Lifeline Affordable Connectivity Program benefits and free cell phones and tablets
- Get access to the fastest network coverages of Mobile cellular without any annual contracts
- You can easily qualify with Federal programs like Medicaid, SNAP, Supplemental Security Income, Veterans Pension, etc.
According to our analysis, FeelSafe Wireless is one of the best Michigan lifeline providers. Their ACP program offers substantial discounts on monthly broadband services for qualified participants. Heavy users with a consumption of over 35 GB per month may notice reduced speed in their data services. All their federal cellular assistance service programs come with no annual contracts.
2. Tag Mobile
Amongst the lifeline service providers in Michigan, Tag Mobile stands in the first row because of its reliable and transparent service. Tag Mobile is a Lifeline service provider which covers almost 19 states and 11 cities in the USA.
They have the best offerings for the state members of Michigan. Tag Mobile offers up to 8.5 GB of Data for the eligible participants.
Besides, you can get unlimited talk time and text messages every month free of cost. Some of their coverage states are Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Arkansas, Michigan, South Carolina, Texas, Missouri, Louisiana, California, Maine, Nevada, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Oklahoma, Maryland, Colorado, Lowa, Minnesota, etc.
- Tag Mobile free cellular service from Federal government is offered under T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon network
- Eligible customers can get free smartphones from the government and complementary cellular services
- Provides up to 8.5 GigaBytes of high speed data along with mobile hotspot tethering features
- You can get unrestricted nationwide minutes and text messages free of cost
- Their plans charge no annual or monthly fees, and you can enjoy benefits without signing any contracts
Tag Mobile coverage cities are- Stockton, Riverside, Sacramento, Houston, San Francisco, Dallas, Modesto, Bakersfield, Los Angeles, and Fresno. They also approved additional programs like Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), Head Start, and Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
3. enTouch Wireless
enTouch Wireless is also a reliable provider of Free government phones in Michigan, which offers both ACP and Lifeline. They have a wide collection of free phones which come from the brands you trust. enTouch Wireless broadly offers Lifeline and ACP services to more than 33 states of the USA and their plans have features to beat the competition in Quality.
enTouch Wireless is one of the best free government phone services in Michigan, which offers no-contract services to all without any hidden charges. You can easily get qualified for their Lifeline phone services which require a minimum of 150% income level of the Federal Poverty Level. You should quote that their offers require GSM coverage. Let’s check out the features of enTouch Wireless!
- Provides both the Lifeline Affordable Connectivity Program benefits and free cell phones and tablets
- Offers premium cell phones with large screens and Android Operating system from trusted brands
- You can get up to 10 GB of high speed 4G LTE hotspot for mobile tethering.
- Delivers unlimited voice minutes, text messages, and unlimited 4G LTE data at higher speeds for the qualified users
- You can get eligible for their free services with Federal Assistance programs like SSI, SNAP, Medicaid, Food Stamps, and others
They have a wide collection of free phones which come from the brands you trust. One can easily qualify with Federal programs like Medicaid, SNAP, Supplemental Security Income, Veterans Pension, and FPHA. To get the enTouch Wireless Lifeline services from Michigan, you need to have the specified requirements based on income or Federal Programs.
4. Life Wireless
If you are looking for reliable and hassle-free Lifeline services in the state of Michigan, then Life Wireless can be your trusted partner. Unlike other Lifeline & ACP service providers, they offer to Bring Your Own Phone plans for smartphones.
The income and program-based prerequisites are almost the same for Life Wireless. If you switch to their Lifeline, you may get less compared to the ACP.
They also come with both the Lifeline and Affordable connectivity programs and offer up to 15 Gigabytes of free data for all the eligible participants. Suppose you have the required set of data and documents for their program eligibility.
In that case, you can get enrolled in their plan easily just by answering a few questions and submitting your eligibility documents.
- No roaming charges, No charge for domestic long distance calls, and offers Affordable Recharge Plans
- Offers unlimited nationwide calling and unrestricted text messaging across the United States
- Get access to the 911 emergency number and up to 10 GB of high speed 4G LTE hotspot for mobile usage
- You can enjoy low international rates to more than 200 countries under their free program
- They takes no roaming charges, No charge for domestic long distance calls, and offers Affordable Recharge Plans
Life Wireless Lifeline plan is restricted to one per household and cannot be attached with any additional Lifeline benefits. Suppose 30 seniors or roommates living in an attached house are 30 households, and they can enjoy one Lifeline benefit each, 30 total benefits. Life Wireless Michigan plans don’t charge any One-time fees or monthly fees for cellular services.
5. Assurance Wireless
Assurance Wireless runs its free cell phone services in Michigan under the fastest T-Mobile network. In busy hours, heavy users with a consumption of over 35 GB per month may notice reduced speed in their data services.
All their federal cellular assistance service programs come with no annual contracts. You can use the Lifeline services for 60 days in pay as you go mode after service termination.
Assurance Wireless is one of the leading cellular providers which is partnered with the Federal Government Lifeline and ACP Program. They come with the most generous plan, which is the Assurance Wireless Unlimited.
With this plan, you can get a free Android smartphone, free unlimited data perks, unrestricted text messages, and free unlimited Talktime minutes, along with a free mobile hotspot.
- Get access to the fastest network coverages of Mobile cellular without any annual contracts
- Provides unlimited voice minutes, text messages, and unlimited data at higher speeds for the eligibles
- You can enjoy low international rates to more than 200 countries under their free plan
- Gives additional protection services like- Caller ID, Multiple Layer Scam protection, Scam ID detection, etc.
- Get access to the 911 emergency number and up to 10 GB of high-speed 4G LTE hotspot for mobile tethering.
If you have the qualified requirements, you can get a chance to use the combined benefits of both Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program. The ACP scheme is a successor of the EBB program, which is also a US Federal Government program for low-income individuals. Under the free monthly hotspot service, you can get up to 10 Gigabytes of 4G LTE data.
FAQ About Free Government Phone In Michigan
Is Lifeline available in Michigan?
Several providers come with the Lifeline benefits plan in the State of Michigan. They offer comprehensive plans and a free smartphone free of cost with a set of certain required conditions.
Can I get a free government phone in Michigan?
Yes, You can get a free government phone in Michigan if your income status remains between 150 to 200% of the FPG. Besides, if you receive benefits from Federal government programs like Medicaid, MediCal, SNAP, or SSI, you can immediately get permission for their free program.
Why does the government give free cell phones?
To provide cellular services and free phones to needy people, the United States government started the initiative of giving Lifeline services in 1984. The main motto of this plan is to ensure that all citizens of the nation get cell phone services regardless of their income.
We have covered all the required details that one may require about how to get a free government phones in Michigan. The Lifeline program adds citizens with income below 150% of the Federal Poverty Line.
If you want to use the Affordable Connectivity Program, your income needs to stay under 200% of the Federal Guidelines. We recommend you choose from the top 5 providers after considering your requirements and preferences.