Funded by the US Federal Government and the USAC (Universal Service Administrative Company), almost all state members can get free cell phone services. Free government phone in Georgia is distributed under some specific Lifeline, ACP, and EBB providers.
Free government cell phones in Georgia are mainly provided for low-income US citizens and individuals participating in qualified Federal Benefit Programs.
Some of the best free government phones by state Georgia providers are- My Easy Wireless, Assurance Wireless, Life Wireless, enTouch Wireless, and Infiniti Mobile.
This content will cover the best providers who offer reliable services with fewer hassles in Georgia. You can get approved if you receive benefits from federal programs like Medicaid, MediCal, SNAP, or SSI. Let’s get into the detailed discussion of free government phones in Georgia!
What Is Free Government Phone In Georgia?
Free cell phone Georgia services widely define the Federal government assistance programs; Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP). The Lifeline and the ACP Schemes both require qualifications through the National Verifier.
The competent partaker of these administration projects will receive free talk & text, comprising calls to Canada & Mexico, and unconditional high-speed data.
Almost all the Georgia government service providers partnered with the US federal Government Lifeline ACP program have a list of identical qualifying prerequisites. But you should note that the qualifying requirements for the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity programs are almost the same, but they do have some slight differences.
- What Is Free Government Phone In Georgia?
- What Is Qualifying Prerequisites For Free Government Phone In Georgia
- 1. Assurance Wireless
- 2. Infiniti Mobile
- 3. enTouch Wireless
- 4. My Easy Wireless
- 5. Life Wireless
- How many free government phones are there?
- Can I get a free government phone?
- Why does the government give free cell phones?
- How do I get a free government phone in Georgia?
- How long does it take to get a free government phone?
- Final Verdict
How Do I Get A Free Government Phone In Georgia
To get a free government phone in Georgia, participants need to qualify for the Government Programs(Lifeline/EBB/ACP), which one they use for eligibility.
Therefore, you need to submit a National Verifier application, and they will send an approval after verifying your data. Then, you can get into your GA free government phones program through the selected provider.
What Is Qualifying Prerequisites For Free Government Phone In Georgia
This service is unattainable in all the states, and you need to go via distinct application methods based on your location. But primarily, some qualifying conditions are pretty similar for all the states.
Here, we will discuss these requirements. You can primarily qualify with your income status. If you are getting benefits for any federal programs, you can also be eligible.
Federal Program Prerequisites: You can apply for the Lifeline aid program either by your annual income or by participating in FCC programs. Here are the Federally approved programs, which you can use as proof to qualify for the Lifeline program in Georgia.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Project(SNAP)
- Medicaid or Federal Medical Assistance Scheme
- Supplemental Security Income or SSI
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children
- TANF or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Free Programs of the School Lunch Scheme
- Section 8 or known as Federal Public Housing Assistance Project
- Federal Pell Grant Award winner in the running award season
Annual Earning Prerequisites: If you cannot show any programs to qualify for the Lifeline program, there are alternative options regarding your annual income status. Therefore, you need to have a yearly household earning underneath the Federal Poverty Guideline.
Your yearly earnings need to be at or underneath 135 to 150 percent of the FPG. But for the ACP program, your income needs to be 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. Here is a table representing the income levels based on the programs!
|Person Per Household||Lifeline(135%)||Affordable Connectivity Program(200%)|
|01||0 to 18346 dollars||0 to 25760 dollars|
|02||0 to 24718 dollars||0 to 34840 dollars|
|03||0 to 31090 dollars||0 to 43920 dollars|
|04||0 to 37462 dollars||0 to 53000 dollars|
|05||0 to 43834 dollars||0 to 62080 dollars|
|06||0 to 52207 dollars||0 to 71160 dollars|
|07||0 to 56578 dollars||0 to 80240 dollars|
|08||0 to 62950 dollars||0 to 89320 dollars|
If more than eight 8 people are in your household, you need to count 9,080 dollars for each additional person. Suppose you have a family of nine 9 people.
In that case, the yearly income allowance is almost 0 to 98,400 dollars (89,320 dollars + 9,080 dollars) for ACP and 0 to 69,322 dollars (62,950 dollars + 6,372 dollars) for the Lifeline program.
5 Best (Provider) Free Government Phone In Georgia
We have included the top five providers that offer free government phones Georgia services in the following list.
To list up the providers, we have looked upon the service terms, conditions, and offerings for each Georgia government phone. Besides, reliability and customer services are also crucial factors which we have considered to consist of the list.
1. Assurance Wireless
Assurance Wireless is one of the leading cellular providers which is partnered with the Federal Government Lifeline and ACP Program. They come with the most generous plan, which is the Assurance Wireless Unlimited.
With this plan, you can get a free Android smartphone, free unlimited data perks, unrestricted text messages, and free unlimited Talktime minutes, along with a free mobile hotspot.
If you have the qualified requirements, you can get a chance to use the combined benefits of both Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program.
The ACP scheme is a successor of the EBB program, which is also a US Federal Government program for low-income individuals. Under the free monthly hotspot service, you can get up to 10 Gigabytes of 4G LTE data.
- Get access to the fastest network coverages of Mobile cellular without any annual contracts
- Provides unlimited voice minutes, text messages, and unlimited data at higher speeds for the eligibles
- You can enjoy low international rates to more than 200 countries under their free plan
- Gives additional protection services like- Caller ID, Multiple Layer Scam protection, Scam ID detection, etc.
- Get access to the 911 emergency number and up to 10 GB of high-speed 4G LTE hotspot for mobile tethering.
Assurance Wireless runs its free cell phone services in Georgia under the fastest T-Mobile network. In busy hours, heavy users with a consumption of over 35 GB per month may notice reduced speed in their data services.
All their federal cellular assistance service programs come with no annual contracts. You can use the Lifeline services for 60 days in pay as you go mode after service termination.
2. Infiniti Mobile
Infiniti Mobile is a participant of the Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity program functioned by the US Federal government.
It is a prominent cellular service provider which offers free government cell phone services with devices in Vermont, Oklahoma, Georgia, Wisconsin, Nevada, South Carolina, and Maryland.
Infiniti Mobile delivers qualified consumers with a fully-funded smartphone loaded with specs that significantly outperform a standard feature phone. Therefore, you can browse the internet, view your emails, browse social media, and more by calling and texting.
- Get great Infiniti Mobile Smartphones with premium features to match with the tech world
- Provides free monthly mobile data to use for receiving email, watching videos, listening to music, surfing social media, browsing the web, etc.
- They included a monthly cellular plan that offers text and picture messaging features as well
- Add additional calling features like caller ID visibility, call waiting, triple way calling, & voicemail
- Delivers a free smartphone with 1000 minutes and up to 2 Gigabyte of data
All their free touch screen government phones Georgia Lifeline, and ACP are Federal government sponsorship agendas that offer unrestricted and discounted wireless benefits to qualified families participating in privileged government programs.
3. enTouch Wireless
To get the enTouch Wireless Lifeline services from Georgia, you need to have the specified requirements based on income or Federal Programs.
They are also a reliable provider of Free government phones in Georgia, which offers both ACP and Lifeline. You should quote that their offers require GSM coverage. They offer Free internet packs, text messages, voice minutes, and a mobile hotspot for tethering.
You can easily get qualified for their Lifeline phone services which require a minimum of 150% income level of the Federal Poverty Level.
Besides, you can get eligible for their free services with Federal Assistance programs like SSI, SNAP, Medicaid, Food Stamps, and others. Their ACP program offers substantial discounts on monthly broadband services for qualified participants.
- Adds premium cell phones with large screens and Android Operating system from trusted brands
- Offers unlimited voice minutes, text messages, and unlimited 4G LTE data at higher speeds for the qualified users
- You can get up to 10 GigaByte of super fast 4G LTE hotspot features for mobile usage.
- Provides both the Lifeline Affordable Connectivity Program benefits and free cell phones and tablets
- You can effortlessly authorize with Federal schemes like Medicaid, SNAP, Supplemental Security Income, Veterans Pension, and FPHA.
enTouch Wireless is the number one choice of free government phone services in Georgia, which offers no-contract services to all without any hidden charges.
They have a vast collection of free phones which come from the brands you trust. enTouch Wireless broadly offers Lifeline and ACP services to more than 33 states of the USA, and their plans have features to beat the competition in Quality.
4. My Easy Wireless
My Easy Wireless is a Lifeline service provider covering almost 19 states and 11 cities in the USA. Some of their coverage states are Georgia, Kentucky, Arkansas, Michigan, South Carolina, Texas, Missouri, Louisiana, California, Maine, Nevada, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Oklahoma, Maryland, Colorado, Lowa, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, etc.
They have the best offerings for the state members of Georgia. My Easy Wireless offers up to 8.5 GB of Data for the eligible participants.
Besides, you can get unlimited talk time and text messages every month. Tag Mobile coverage cities are- Stockton, Riverside, Sacramento, Houston, San Francisco, Dallas, Modesto, Bakersfield, Los Angeles, and Fresno.
- Get up to 8.5 GB high speed 4G LTE free data every month.
- Provides unlimited global text messages and domestic voice minutes each month
- Their reliable service is run across the nation without interruptions with Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile wireless networks.
- You can get additional calling benefits like Caller ID, Call Waiting, Voicemail, etc.
- Tag Mobile Lifeline and ACP programs are offered with no monthly costs and no contracts.
You can easily qualify for My Easy Wireless Lifeline with Federal programs like Medicaid, SNAP, Supplemental Security Income, Veterans Pension, and FPHA.
They also approved additional programs like Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), Head Start, and Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations(FDPIR).
5. Life Wireless
Life Wireless is both an MVNO and a government cellular service provider which is located in Illinois, and they operate their services with the AT&T network.
They also come with both the Lifeline and Affordable connectivity programs and offer up to 15 Gigabytes of free data for all the eligible participants. Unlike other Lifeline & ACP providers, they offer to Bring Your Own Phone plans for smartphones.
One great thing about Life Wireless is that their Georgia plans don’t charge any One-time fees or monthly fees for the cellular services.
Life Wireless Lifeline plan is restricted to one per household and cannot be attached with any additional Lifeline benefits.
Suppose 30 seniors or roommates living in an attached house are 30 households, and they can enjoy one Lifeline benefit each, 30 total benefits.
- Offers unlimited nationwide calling and unrestricted text messaging across the United States
- You can enjoy low international rates to more than 200 countries under their free program
- Gives additional protection services like- Caller ID, Multiple Layer Scam protection, Scam ID detection, etc.
- No roaming fees, No fee for national extended distance phones, and offers accessible recharge options
- Get access to the 911 emergency number and up to 10 GB of high speed 4G LTE hotspot for mobile usage
Suppose you have the required set of data and documents for their program eligibility. You can get enrolled in their plan easily just by answering a few questions and submitting your eligibility documents.
The income-based requirements and program-based prerequisites are almost the same for Life Wireless. If you switch, you may get reduced perks compared to the ACP features.
You may like: How to Get Free Government Phone Washington
You may also like: Free Government Phones Kansas
FAQ About Free Government Phone In Georgia
How many free government phones are there?
According to the statistics, there are more than 10 million free government phones which are now in service inside the United States.
Can I get a free government phone?
You can get a free government phone with your income status, Federal program participation, etc. Besides, you can get a free phone with food stamps in GA.
Why does the government give free cell phones?
The US federal government is offering free cell phones to low-income families and individuals to help them afford basic phone service.
How do I get a free government phone in Georgia?
You can get a free government phone in Georgia if your income status remains between 150 to 200% of the FPG. Besides, if you receive advantages from Federal government protocols like Medicaid, SNAP, or SSI, you can presently get authorization for their free scheme.
How long does it take to get a free government phone?
Once your requisition is ready to mail, your application pattern will directly move to the national verifier. The procedure can take up to 30 minutes or probably even more duration. Once ratified, the processing and product delivery will require 7-10 business days.
If you want to use the Affordable Connectivity Program, your income needs to stay under 200% of the Federal Guidelines. Their free phones with no fee cellular services are offered for all US citizens living below the poverty line.
We recommend you choose from the top 5 providers for free government phones in Georgia after considering your requirements and preferences. The Lifeline program adds citizens with income below 150% of the Federal Poverty Line.
You may explore How Do I Get a Free Government Phone In Ohio