Are you finding the most cheapest cell phone plans for families? Cell phone plans are a form of paid agreements with mobile carriers in order to allow your cell phone to access their network for services such as phone calls, text messages and even internet access. Cheap cell phone plans are the order of the day in most families in the year 2020.
Family cell phone plans are not any more limited to Mobile Network Operators and can be your most affordable option depending on the number of lines you may need. In general, family plans are set up in two main ways. Namely, shared data family plans and per line fixed family plans. For the case of shared data family plans, there is only one general allotment of mobile data that is shared by all the lines in the plan. The presence of parental controls on some of the shared data family plans might enable you to set data limits on each line although not all of them have that option. On another notable side, the family plans with per line fixed data often equally distribute the total data amount between all lines automatically.
The following are the cheapest cell phone plans for families in 2020
- 1. The Simple Mobile $50 Unlimited shared plan with 2 lines.
- 2. Metro by T-Mobile Shared plan. $60 Unlimited plan with 4 lines.
- 3. Sprint Unlimited Shared Plus Plan
- 4. AT&T Shared Unlimited &More Premium Plan with AutoPay & Paperless billing
- 5. T-Mobile Magenta Plus
- 6. Verizon Do More Unlimited Family Plan
- 7. Cricket’s Cheap family plans
- 8. Boost Mobile Cell Phone plans
- 9. Total Wireless Shared Plan
- 10. Project Fi
By choosing this cheapest cell phone plans for families, it includes unlimited nation wide minutes, texts and MMS, international texts and MMS, the international texts plus unlimited data on top of a 10GB mobile hotspot for 30 days. You will also notice that all the simple mobile plans include unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited nationwide and international text messaging, unlimited international calling, international roaming, high-speed data and international talk credit.
For each listed plan, there is a 30-day plan cycle plan before your service can automatically renew. High-speed data is restored whenever a new cycle begins. You are free to add up to 4 additional lines to your plan for just $20 per month for every line that is on a 3GB plan or $25 per month for every line on all the other plans. Additional lines must be of lesser or equal value of other lines on account.
Features and Benefits of this plan
- Unlimited Nationwide Talk and Text: The time is now for you to know that all the 30-day Simple mobile plans include nationwide talk and text or picture just for your phone. MMS and IM services will require a data plan.
- International calling: You can get unlimited international calling to landlines in up to 60 countries and more and to mobiles in selected countries. Every account is permissioned to dial up to 20 unique international telephone numbers during a 30-day plan cycle.
- No roaming charges in the United States, Mexico and other countries: Simple mobile offers free domestic long distance in the US in addition to international roaming in Mexico and 16 countries in Latin America. Subscribers enjoy free additional roaming for calls, text, MMS or data placed in those countries. There is no service outside the coverage area.
- Auto Re Up: This will ensure that you get uninterrupted service. Only register a debit/credit card to automatically make your Simple Mobile payment on your service end date. No penalties upon cancelling your service. Discount your plan by enrolling in AutoReUp.
- Rewards Program: Join this program free of charge and receive points upon renewing your service plan. An enrollment in Auto-Refill gives you double the amount of points. Then redeem for a free service plan.
- Add-Ons: Add some options at anytime to any Simple mobile plan. Remember, usage begins after consuming all the data or international credit.
- VoiceMail with minutes deducted.
- Caller ID
- Call waiting
- 411 calls
- 3-Way calling
For more details about the Simple mobile plan, visit www.simplemobile.com
In your list, it’s the No #2 cheapest cell phone plans for families. With this plan, enjoy unlimited nationwide talk, text and 4GLTE data that facilitates video streams at up to 480p, also enjoy, 100GB of cloud storage with Google One and Amazon Prime. The top 3% users may experience reduced speeds during congestion until the upcoming billing cycle. Metro by T-Mobile plans are no contract and include taxes and fees. This plan includes 15GB of 4GLTE mobile hotspot data which you can share with other connected devices.
When you are on this plan, get 100GB of expanded storage and share it with your family members, get access to Google experts, get mobile backup that is automatic, attain mobile support and other benefits with the Google One plan inclusive of $50 and $60 unlimited plans from Metro by T-Mobile. For the family plan, you can add up to 4 additional lines to your plan for $30 a month per additional line.
Features and benefits
- Data Maximiser: This lets you watch 3 times more video on your high-speed data allowance by streaming video at a DVD quality resolution that is ideal for smart phone screens. Turn off Data maximiser to enable the highest quality of video available by purchasing of the HD video service.
- HD Add-on: You are free to add HD to any plan for just $10 per month.
- International Add-ons
- Defraud ID to see all calls that come in from identified scammers.
- Wi-Fi Calling, Caller ID, Call waiting, 3-Way calling
- Voice mail and visual voicemail
- Premium Directory Assistance
- No contracts and no hidden fees
- Free shipping
Go to: www.metrobyt-mobile.com for more about the Metro by T- Mobile.
This plan includes unlimited talk, text and high-speed data on the Sprint network, Hulu and TIDAL services in addition to unlimited talk and text and 10GB of 4GLTE data in Canada and Mexico. This plan includes 50GB of LTE data usage for mobile hotspot. Experience HD-quality video streaming at up to 1080p resolution, music streaming at up to 1.5mbps, gaming at up to 8mbps. As of now, this plan is compatible with 5G phones in selected areas available on Sprint.com.
On selecting Sprint Lease, pay your phone full price or you can also bring your own phone on the unlimited Plus plan and pay $70 per month for the first line, $50 per month for the second line. This plan allows up to 5 lines at $10 more for every line. Easily lease your phone for over 18 months with monthly payments on Sprint Flex lease.
Features and benefits of the Sprint unlimited Plus plan
- Unlimited Domestic Talk, Text and data
- Mexico and Canada included. When you travel to Mexico and Canada, use your phone and enjoy unlimited talk and text plus 5GB (Basic), 10GB (Plus) or unlimited (premium) of 4G LTE data included.
- Get access that is unlimited to popular next day TV original series, hit shows, movies and more with the Hulu limited commercials plan included at no cost. For customers on the unlimited plus or premium plan, you access TIDAL music streaming service.
- Buy a new device on FlexLease or Full Price and Sprint will pay for your switching fees up to $650 via a prepaid card.
- There is an assurance of a 100% total satisfaction guarantee where by if you are not satisfied, Sprint will refund your returned device purchase price, service charges and other fees.
- On enrolling within 30 days of a new activation, download the Sprint Complete app to enjoy a number of offers.
- No shipping charges on the new lines of service and upgrades.
- Nationwide HD voice.
- 4GLTE in 470 markets and more.
- Sprint Spark, Sprint’s next generation 4GLTE compatibility.
For more about this Sprint plan, click on www.sprint.com
This plan gives you up to 4 Lines, 35+ channels of live and on-demand TV, access to 15000+ on-demand movies and shows plus one choice of an entertainment platform just for your smartphone in the whole of the United States. You have the liberty to turn off Stream Saver at any time to watch videos in HD definition. AT&T tends to slow speeds after 22GB of data usage during busy times. You can only get to access 1 WatchTV account per wireless account so you can only do 1 stream at a go. Not all lines on a single account can watch at the same time.
This at&t plan is inclusive of a monthly data charge plus a monthly access charge for each device you add to the plan. Mobile Hotspot is permitted up to 15GB with this plan, after which speeds tend to reduce to 128 kbps until the rest of the billing cycle.
Features and Benefits of this Plan
- Unlimited talk to the USA, Canada and Mexico. This plan includes unlimited domestic talk in addition to domestic and international text to 120 countries for your phone. Also, get unlimited talk to Mexico, Canada, and the AT&T Roam North America free talk, text and data.
- Movies, Music or TV Streaming: Enjoy 35+channels of live and on-demand TV at no extra charge.
- AutoPay & Paperless billing: Here you get $10 off per month on your wireless upon signing up to AutoPay and Paperless bills. Discount begins within 1-2 billing cycles.
- Stream Saver: This is included to let you stream more videos with less data free. This service can be turned off anytime online.
- Military & Veterans: Qualified military persons and veterans will receive a 25% discount on the recurring monthly plan charge and devices access charge for each line.
- No overages: After using 22GB of data on a line in a billing cycle during times of network congestion, data speeds might be slowed to 128kbps at no additional charge.
- AT&T Thanks: You can get movie tickets, presale access to concert tickets and more when join AT&T on this plan.
- Free Overnight Shipping: Enjoy Free Express Shipping on selected devices orders with AT&T.
Visit: www.att.com for more
5. T-Mobile Magenta Plus
This plan involves no contract and includes in 3 countries with unlimited calling to and from the US, Mexico and Canada, unlimited nationwide and international data at twice the speed in 210+ countries as compared to Magenta. In addition, this plan provides you with unlimited HD video streaming when activating in the T-Mobile app or at my.t-mobile.com. Hence you may check the T-Mobile deals for existing customers.
With the Stateside International Talk, get unlimited calling from the USA to landlines in 70+ countries and mobile numbers in 30+ countries along with discounted calling to 200+ countries. More to that, this plan offers unlimited in-flight Wi-Fi on US- based flights enabled with Gogo, Visual Voicemail and Name ID.
Features and Benefits
- Unlimited calls and international messaging: The T-Mobile Magenta Plus plan gives unlimited minutes to and from the USA and while you are abroad to 210+ countries and destinations.
- Worldwide data coverage: With this, unlimited data and text in over 210 countries at speeds reaching 256 kbps that are twice the speeds in Magenta. Calls go for 20 cents per minute.
- International Pass: Choose between buying the 512MB International Pass for $5 per day which includes512MB of high-speed data for use over a day, a 5GB International Pass for $35 inclusive of 5GB of high speed data to use for over 10 full days or the 15GB International Pass for a cost of $50 inclusive of 15GB of high speed to use over 30 solid days.
- Unlimited International Calls add-on: For just $15 every month, get Stateside International add-on with calls from the USA, Mexico and Canada to landlines in more than 70 countries and to mobile phones in more than 30 countries.
- Netflix On Us: The available T-Mobile Magenta Plus family plans with 2 lines or more include Netflix Standard 2 screen subscription for up to $10.99 every month. Also, get Netflix in premium UHD for an added $3 per month for 4 screens. Videos typically stream at HD quality of 1080p with Magenta Plus.
- Unlimited HD Video Streaming: All Magenta Plus subscribers get HD quality video streaming. These customers can activate the HD video in the T-Mobile app or at my.t-mobile.com.
- Military Discount
- Wi-Fi calling and texting
- Free-in-flight texting
- Team of Experts Support
- Get thanked for being a customer with T-Mobile Tuesdays.
- No price change guarantees unless you decide to change it.
- All taxes and monthly fees included.
- Free shipping with new activations
- Voicemail to Text
- Emergency calls
- Call waiting
- Conference calling
- 24/7 customer care
- Use your number on any connected device or use multiple numbers on one device with DIGITS app.
Check out: www.t-mobile.com for more exciting stuff.
6. Verizon Do More Unlimited Family Plan
This shared plan accommodates up to 4 lines and is an unlimited data plan including unlimited talk and text in addition to unlimited 4GLTE data with DVD video streaming. You can ably add up to 10 lines on a single account.
This plan includes a 50% off discount on your connected tablet or jetpack. In case you use more than 50GB of data for every line per month, Verizon may de-prioritize your data usage in favor of other customers available on the Verizon network. You may also find the Verizon phone deals for existing customers.
Access 6 months free Apple music upon subscribing to a qualifying Do More Unlimited plan. This plan offers an Auto Pay discount which lets you to save$10 per month for every line when you enroll with Auto Pay and paper-free billing.
The following are some of the features of Verizon Do More Unlimited Family Plan
- Mexico and Canada included: Get unlimited calling to or from Mexico and Canada with up to 512MB per day of 4G LTE data roaming for free when travelling to Mexico and Canada.
- Mobile hotspot cable: Always use your cable smart phones and tablets as the Wi-Fi hotspots at no cost for 15GB of tethering every month.
- Cloud Storage: Enjoy using up to 500MB of cloud storage in this plan.
- Verizon Up: This rewards program has rewards from partners such as Apple Music, Uber, JetBlue and HBO NOW, access to exclusive events and can get you free services and discounts.
- Verizon offers Travel Pass whereby you only pay for days you use your phone upon travel in selected countries. With Travel Pass, pay $10 per day for every device in over 185 selected countries.
- Military discount: On this plan, all qualified military and veterans will get a $10 account discount for one phone, $25 account discount for 2 or 3 phones or a $20 account discount for more than 4 phones.
- Call forwarding
- 3-Way Calling
- Wi-Fi Calling
- Basic Voicemail
- Caller ID
- Call waiting
- Free 2 day shipping
- Network coverage: America’s largest and most reliable 4GLTE
You can visit: www.verizonwireless.com
7. Cricket’s Cheap family plans
Cricket is a Mobile Network Operator that offers cheap cell phone plans that everyone can enjoy and offers big savings for multi-line accounts. In the absence of annual contracts, Cricket has a big network that covers more than 99% of Americans. The Cricket Core Plan is the best family plan given that each person’s data usage is separate from the other lines on your account.
This sets you free from worrying about your other family members finishing your own data or minutes. For best multiline discounts on up to five lines on Cricket, choose the $55 per month Cricket Core Plan as you could save $150 monthly with five lines. For 2 lines, choose the $80 per month plan and save $30. For 3 lines, choose the $90 per month plan and save $75. For 4 lines, choose the $100 monthly plan and save $120.
Features of the Cricket Core Family plan
- Unlimited calling minutes texts and video or picture messages.
- Unlimited internet data access with up to 3mbps for every family member.
- Unlimited video streaming at DVD quality for about 480p plus selected international features
- For unlimited data plans, Cricket may temporarily slow down data speeds in case of network congestion.
- Access fixed data pans on cricket and gets unlimited calling minutes, unlimited texts and video or picture messages in addition to 5GB of high-speed data access for each household member. After using high-speed data allotment, data speeds are slowed to 128kbps.
Simply visit www.cricketwireless.com for more about Cricket Mobile.
8. Boost Mobile Cell Phone plans
Choose Boost Mobile for your cell phone plans given that Boost offers a lot that is desirable in a wireless carrier. Boost has family cell phone plans including Unlimited Family with 3 GIGS. This plan costs $60 per 30 days and offers you a sprint network, unlimited music streaming, 4GLTE coverage and the taxes and fees included.
The second plan under Boost Mobile is called Unlimited Family with Unlimited GIGS. Only part with $80 for every 30 days. This plan includes a sprint kind of network, optimized streaming for videos, gaming and music, a 4G LTE coverage and the taxes and fees are included. The third plan under Boost Mobile is called Unlimited Family with Unlimited Plus, which goes for only $100 per month. The fourth plan is called the Unlimited Family with Ultimate Unlimited that costs $140 per month.
Features of Boost Mobile Cell Phone Plans
- Sprint network
- Unlimited HD streaming
- Unlimited landline calls to 70+ countries and 200 mobile minutes to 50+ countries.
- Mobile Hotspot
- Taxes and fees
- 4G LTE coverage
- Optimized streaming for videos, music and gaming
Visit: www.boostmobile.com for details.
Under this is the 3-line family plan with average data. Total Wireless utilizes Verizon’s superior 4GLTE network and offers great plans for a fraction of the named price. This is such an unmatched data deal for a trio. Access a shared 20GB internet data plan with unlimited calls and text in the USA for only $85. Phones need to be compatible with CDMA network more so the Sprint or Verizon purchased phones.
Enjoy this plan since it has no activation fees and no credit check. Simply refill your service plan every month to keep your mobile active at a participating Walmart store or online. Also, enroll in Auto-Refill to automatically refill your service plan on the end date and save 5% on your refill.
Features of the Total Wireless Shared Family Plan
- 4 GLTE Data
- 30 day plan
- A large and dependable network
- Bring your own compatible phone
- Ability to change plan up and back for free
Visit: www.totalwireless.com for details about Total Wireless plans.
10. Project Fi
Project Fi is last but good enough and another cheapest cell phone plans for families in our top 10 list. Project Fi is such an excellent operator that offers exceptional pricing on occasions that are to travel abroad for some time. This operator has unlimited calling and texting for two people for just $35 per month. For a family of four members, there is a monthly fee of $65. Project Fi adds the option of having to pre-select a set amount of data for use every month.
That is to say, if you select 10GB for the whole family and instead only use 6GB, your unused data cost is credited back to your next billing statement. Adding more to the goodness of the Project Fi plans is that when you travel abroad, you are only charged with $10 per 1GB in almost 135 countries.
Features of the Project Fi family plans
- A base fee of $20 for unlimited calls and texts with $15 for each additional line on the plan
- Data worth $10 per gigabyte that is shared across all lines on your account
- Phone purchase price if applicable
- Taxes and fees that are typically 10 to 20% depending on locale
Visit: fi.google.com for more about Project Fi plans.