After a while, it becomes important for your child to have a phone. After a certain time, your child needs a phone call when he needs to communicate with his friends. Also, your child needs a phone to travel far away.
It’s fun for kids, but it’s stressful for you as a parent. So you need to choose a reliable device for your child considering the benefits of your child and determine the right monthly plan for the device that keeps you financially affordable.
You can buy a phone with a suitable plan to meet your child’s phone needs. Here are some plans that will help you save money. In today’s article, we have discussed in detail about cheap phone plans for kids. If you want to know about the top 10 cheap phone plans for kids, you can follow the details given by us.
Top 10 Cheap Phone Plans For Kids 2022
Many people are confused about how to start choosing a phone service for their child. But there is no reason to worry because we are going to provide you with the information you need to choose the right phone service. This is not a difficult thing to do. Here we have discussed in detail about the 10 best cheap phone plans for kids.
1. Mint Mobile phone plans for kids
Kids are usually interested in great gadgets and services that are very expensive. But if you want to save some money for your child’s college fund or for yourself, Mint Mobile provides services through some plan considering your convenience. Mint Mobile offers some plans in three, six, or twelve-month increments that are somewhat unique in terms of price.
- 4GB of data plus unlimited talk and text for $15 per month
- Unlimited talk and text plans for $ 30 per month
- Those who need less data usage can use the 4GB data plan which costs only $15 per month.
The unlimited plan is suitable for a child who needs a lot of data. You can use unlimited talk and text plans with enough data if your kids need to stay connected with their friends all the time or attend online based classes. This cell phone prepaid plan saves your money by providing unlimited data.
What we like About Mint Mobile
- Monthly plans starting at just $15
- Free mobile hotspot
- Unlimited data for just $30 per month
What we don’t like about Mint Mobile:
- Your plan can be changed until the current plan is finished.
2. Republic Wireless cell phone plan for kids
If you are looking for cheap phone plans for kids then Republic Wireless plans are great for kids because its plans are flexible. In this plan, you can receive services as per your need. This means that if your kids just need a phone for calling and texting, Republic Wireless has a separate plan and it is suitable for your child. Republic Wireless also provides Wi-Fi signals in their services to keep costs down.
Among the cheap phone plans that Republic Wireless has for kids are
- Unlimited talk and text for $15 per month
- 1GB with unlimited data for $5
The plan of your choice from the Republic Wireless is fully customizable and is quite inexpensive. With this plan, you can get unlimited talk and text benefits per month for just $15 and later choose to add data from there.
The $ 5 plan is suitable for kids who have regular Wi-Fi because you can add data in 1GB increments to this plan. When your kids can’t use Wi-Fi, they can use Republic Wireless Sprint or T-Mobile networks.
What we like About Republic Wireless
- There is no fee for overage
- Data can be added directly from the phone
- One of the cheapest phone plans for kids
What we don’t like about Republic Wireless
- There is no technical support for the phone
- International calling is limited
3. Twigby smartphone plan
Usually, TwigBy offers the customer a 25 percent discount for the first six months on their plans which helps the user save money. But now as a limited time offer Twigby is offering the best cheapest phone plans at 50% off for 6 months which is only valid for new lines. If you need to change the plan for any reason, you can easily change it with TwigBy.
Twigby offers cheap phone plans for kids, including:
- 300 minutes for $9 per month
- 500 minutes for $11 per month
- 1GB per month for $6 per month
- 2GB per month for $10 per month
- 3GB per month for $15 per month
- 5GB per month for $20 per month
If you want to take the Twigby service to choose the cheapest phone plan for your kids then you can select for unlimited talk and 2GB data. In this case, even if you are supposed to spend $ 23 per month, you only have to spend 17 17.25. Because there is a 25 percent discount in the first six months. If your child needs more minutes or more data, you can upgrade the plan.
What we like about Twigby
- Plans can be customized
- International calls to Canada, China, and Mexico
- Discount service for the first six months
What we don’t like about Twigby
- The two networks you want to use cannot be chosen
4. Tello phone plans for kids
Tello offers cheap phone plans for kids to provide their prepaid cell phone service Trello is a phone service provider like other choices on the list of cheap phone plans for kids. It is a mobile virtual network operator so it has no contract, no activation fee, no initial termination fee. The service also offers 4G LTE coverage nationwide using Sprint’s network.
Tello’s included plans
- 2GB data and unlimited minutes for $ 14 per month
- 4GB data and unlimited minutes for $ 19 per month
- 1GB of data and 100 minutes and unlimited text for $ 7 per month
The $ 7 plan is one of the great options for kids. This plan costs just $7 and offers 100 minutes, unlimited text, and 1GB LTE data usage which is affordable for you and this plan is enough to keep in touch with friends or family members.
If your kids need more minutes or data, you can easily upgrade their plan at a lower cost to get 2GB for $ 14 and 4GB for $ 19.
Tello has included a plan in their plans that provides a lot of flexibility to meet the needs of you and your child. If you need a few minutes with Wi-Fi access, Tello has a plan for it :
- 200 minutes, unlimited reading, and 500 MB of data for just $ 10 per month
What we like about Tello
- Free tethering and hotspot
- There is no activation fee for bringing your own phone
- You can make plans according to your needs
- Make changes to your plan at no extra cost
What we don’t like about Tello
- Some of their phones can be quite expensive
5. Visible Wireless plan for kids
If you are looking for cheap phone plans for kids then you can follow the effective plans of Visible Wireless company. This carrier offers a simple and powerful plan that delivers unlimited data to your kids.
Visible Wireless’s plans include
- one unlimited data line for $40
- four unlimited data lines for $100.
If you want to be carefree about how much cellular data your children need, you can use an unlimited data line plan for $ 40 per month.And if you need more than one line, you can use four unlimited data lines for 100.
One of Visible Wireless’s great plans is their party pay group discount. Your child can join the Visible party and use the unlimited plan for just $ 25. Each line at the Visible Party is managed as a separate account so that your child can safely join the party.
What we like about Visible Wireless
- More can be saved when adding lines
- Unlimited data planning allows you to stream, post, and browse
What we don’t like about Visible Wireless
- Limited phone selection
- No parental controls
6. Verizon cell phone plans for kids
Verizon is a great way to get cheap cell phone plans for kids that offers Verizon wireless home internet plans of your choice. If you want to get an idea about your child’s data usage, you can use Verizon’s plan because it gives you parental controls through individual apps.
Verizon’s cheap cell phone plans for kids include:
- Unlimited talk, text, and 5GB data for just $35 per month
The $ 35 plan brings 5GB of full-speed data per line and is usable for kids gaming, streaming, and Instagram. Even after reaching this 5GB data cap, your kids will still get data but the speed will be comparatively less. If your child uses Wi-Fi at home, the 5 GB data plan is useful for him.
With this plan, your kids will get unlimited talk and text up to 20 contacts otherwise if your kids need to communicate with more people then you need to understand that kids are spending too much time on the phone.
What we like about Verizon
- Affordable single line plan
- Reliable network system
- Good phones can be selected
What we don’t like about Verizon
- There are mixed reviews on customer service
- The plan is more expensive than other services
7. US Mobile phone plans for kids
You can monitor US Mobile’s plan for using cheap cell phone plans for kids. US Mobile uses Verizon for its Super LTE network coverage which is one of the reasons why users are interested in this carrier.
US Mobile carriers operate with GSM SIM cards. From a combination of thousands of plans on US Mobile, the customer can choose a suitable plan. That means if you are looking for a cheap phone plan for kids then you can use a plan that can save money from this carrier. The company also provides 24/7 customer service, including email and chat support.
US Mobile’s cheap phone plans for kids include
- Unlimited talk and text for $ 7 a month.
- Unlimited talk and text plans for just $ 10 per month
If you are looking for a cheap phone plan for your only child then we would like to advise you to watch the unlimited talk and text plans from this company for $ 7. Your child can call you with the benefit of this plan when they are traveling or out of work which is very affordable for you.
US Mobile lets you keep multiple lines in one account which makes it easy to manage your kids’ data. If your kids need more data, you can easily upgrade to other unlimited data plans on US Mobile.
What we like about US Mobile
- Very affordable plan
- Unlimited talk and text plans
- 24/7 customer service
What we don’t like about US Mobile
- No parental controls
8. Xfinity cell phone plan for kids
You do not have to pay any extra-line fee on Xfinity mobile plan. That means if you use a line you will only pay for the data you use for one line. And if you use data from three lines then you have to pay for three lines.
So if you are looking for cheap phone plans for your children then this carrier can be affordable. Since this carrier has access to around 18 million Wi-Fi hotspots across the country, you can enjoy a lot more benefits by connecting to these hotspots. You don’t have to use cellular data while connected to hotspots which will help you save money.
Xfinity Mobile’s cheap phone plans for kids include:
- Up to five lines will get unlimited data per line for 45 per month
- By Gig:1GB for $ 15 per month,3GB for $ 30 per month,10GB for $ 60 per month
There is an unlimited data plan for $ 45 which will reduce the speed after 20 GB. This plan costs less than top-notch unlimited plans.
One of the great benefits By Gigplanning is that you can share data from your account with your family or friends across all lines. If you are thinking of using more data then unlimited planning will be cheaper than providing By Gig.
What we like about Xfinity
- Flexible data, cheap plan
- 18 million Wi-Fi hotspots across the country
What we don’t like about Xfinity
- Service for current Xfinity customers only
9. Spectrum phone plans for kids
If you are thinking of switching to Spectrum Mobile to save money then this carrier has a plan suitable for you and your child. Only Spectrum customers can use this plan.
Spectrum’s cheap phone plans for kids include:
- Unlimited plans for $45 per line
- Unlimited plus for $ 55 per line
- Gig plan for $14 per gigabyte
The plan, which is available for $45 per month, provides unlimited talk and text as well as unlimited data. The plan also gives access to many high-speed Wi-Fi hotspots and free international calling access to specific locations.
Spectrum Mobile offers unlimited talk and text for $ 14 per month for the first gigabit of data in their gig plan.Then you have to spend $ 14 for each gigabit usage if you want to use more.
What we like about Spectrum
- Great unlimited data deal
- Good network coverage
What we don’t like about Spectrum
- Planning options are limited
10. AT&T phone plans for kids
AT&T provides consistently reliable coverage and data speed at all times. It has changed its unlimited plans into three levels. All three of their plans offer access to AT&T’s 5G network. AT&T Unlimited Elite brings HBO Max to their plan for free.
AT&T includes three plans:
- The Unlimited Starter plan costs $65 per month
- The Unlimited Extra plan costs $75 per month
- The Unlimited Elite plan costs $85 per month
If you are thinking of a cheap phone plan for your kids then you can follow AT&T’s Unlimited Starter plan. You will have to spend $ 65 for this plan. If you want to switch wireless plans to AT&T you don’t have to pay extra
What we like about AT&T
- It has the largest nationwide 5G network
- It includes the latest security technologies
What we don’t like about AT&T
- Streaming quality low
How to choose the right phone plan for your child
There are a few things to check out when choosing cheap phone plans for kids. Check in advance what plans or networks you can find in your area. Large carrier websites have coverage checkers that let you know what kind of coverage you get by entering your zip code.
Check your bill usage
Before using a phone plan you need to have an idea of how much data and how much text and minutes it costs to use each month in a plan. Because if you don’t check your bill usage you may be surprised at your usage level. But if you check your bill usage, you’ll find great ways to cut back on extra monthly expenses later.
How to save money on cell phone plans
Review your plan and usage often
Your plans and uses should be reviewed periodically. Because your data needs may change for the sake of your work needs. If you use your home WiFi more than your cellular data then you can think of giving up your expensive unlimited plan. Or you can try using cheaper plans as needed. This way you can save your money.
Make use of discounts
You need to have an idea of what kind of discounts the phone plans offer. So you should constantly check the offers of your plan providers. Then it will be easy for you to get a suitable plan. You can save money by using the appropriate plan by monitoring the complete list of discounts from suppliers.
FAQ about the cheap phone plans for kids
Q: At what age should a child use the phone?
The latest research shows that children get their first phone at the age of ten. Depending on the communication needs of you and your child, children can be allowed to use the phone. The child can also use the phone to communicate with friends or to participate in online-based classes.
Q: How to change kids’ cell phone plans to another career?
Switching to MVNO can quickly and easily change the phone plan to another carrier.
Q: Can international calling be done with kids’ cell phone plans?
Yes, most MVNOs include calls to international countries that vary by supplier.
when you are not around, Your child needs to have a phone to communicate with you. But if you are thinking of saving money then you need to look for cheap phone plans for kids.
When looking for cheap smartphone plans for kids you need to know the details about the best career phone plans. You can use your plan to save money from the companies that offer great benefits to their plans. Hopefully, we have been able to benefit you with important information about cheap phone plans for kids.
- Top 10 Cheap Phone Plans For Kids 2022
- 1. Mint Mobile phone plans for kids
- 2. Republic Wireless cell phone plan for kids
- 3. Twigby smartphone plan
- 4. Tello phone plans for kids
- 5. Visible Wireless plan for kids
- 6. Verizon cell phone plans for kids
- 7. US Mobile phone plans for kids
- 8. Xfinity cell phone plan for kids
- 9. Spectrum phone plans for kids
- 10. AT&T phone plans for kids
- How to choose the right phone plan for your child
- How to save money on cell phone plans
- FAQ about the cheap phone plans for kids
- Final Verdict