Senior citizens or the elderly population need a source of entertainment, and many of our loved ones love watching tv. That’s why cable providers offer cheap cable tv for low income seniors as a way to provide entertainment at very affordable prices. The major players in cable services, like Directv and Dish, offer cheap plans with a great channel line-up loved by seniors.
In this post, you’ll learn the cheap cable tv for low-income seniors. It will help you choose the right cable or tv plan for you or your loved ones. Let’s get started!
Top 15 (Provider) Cheap Cable TV For Low Income Seniors 2021
1. Dish TV Cable Provider
Are you looking for cheap cable tv for low income seniors which fits your budget? Well, Dish TV Deals offers cable TV for seniors at a low cost of $59.99. There will be no more worries about having a high current bill because cable TV rates are amicable for seniors at Dish.
Dish TV deal includes a Single TV plan with a discount, and we’re glad to tell you there is aren’t any price increases for two years. Also, you can get good credit discounts. The application doesn’t take long since approval is just so easy through a phone call. Call Dish at (888)858-4179.
Here’s how seniors can sign up and get the deal:
- First, you’ll be into a phone conversation with a product specialist to check which kind of card you get.
- Next, you should select the channels which you like the most.
- Then, wait for your service to be approved. Don’t worry; it doesn’t take long. There will ask some questions. By the way, installation is free.
- Finally, set the date will establish your service. Installation usually takes 2-4 hours.
2. Xfinity Cable TV Provider
Xfinity is the #2 position in our cheap cable tv for low income seniors listing. It has the best overall cable TV deals. Be satisfied with Xfinity’s fair prices, and there are no contracts applied except $10 a month. It also includes a decent DVR, and most importantly, seniors get to save money.
It is lesser than a cable service provider at an average cost. With Xfinity, you will not miss the famous programs and shows. Meanwhile, the solid DVR can record 100 hours of high definition and six shows. Plus, it has a voice-controlled remote and integration with Netflix.
Choose from these packages, which include the following:
- Digital Starter: The Digital Starter is simply affordable, especially for seniors. It has basic cheaper packages than the other providers. It has 140 and more channels. It’s so reasonable at $49.99 every month. This plan includes some but not all channels from the top 25 cable TV networks.
- Digital Preferred: If you wish to enjoy more channels, Digital Preferred has 220+ channels for $59.99 a month. Lastly, the Digital Premier is for $104.99 a month for 260+channels.
3. Cox Cable TV And Internet Provider
Cox offers you cheap cable tv for low income seniors at the best prices, to match your needs for seniors who have low-income. It comes perfectly in two plans. You can choose from TV Starter and Contour TV. TV Starter is only $25 a month with 75+ channels, while the Contour TV, which has 140+ channels only costs $ 64.99 every month.
At the same time, enjoy the streaming app, which is always on the go. The Contour TV cable package offers you some options like add-ons that are customizable. It gives you more flexibility and freedom to choose.
What else would you look for with Cox? Cox is simply the best for its cheap channel plan for someone and seniors to enjoy their favorite shows and programs at a very affordable price. Also, it includes options where you can customize your channels.
4. Spectrum Cable TV For Senior And Low-Income Families
If you don’t want to sign a contract with your cable TV service provider, Spectrum is a perfect choice. Unlike other providers, Spectrum offers no-contract monthly pricing for multiple packages that come with up to 125 channels of programming. That means seniors can watch more than 150 popular channels while saving money on their monthly bills.
There are 3 plans to choose from, including the following:
- The TV Select includes 125+ channels for only $44.99 a month.
- Get more channels with TV Silver offering you 175+ channels at $84.99 a month.
- Last, watch more exciting shows with TV Gold at $104.99 a month with 200+ channels.
5. Optimum Cable TV Provider
Watching TV and enjoying good programming are wonderful ways to spend time together as a family, so wouldn’t it be better if you had access to only the best cable service? Optimum gives you no-contract access that lets you watch without interruptions.
Select from three TV plans which include the following.
- First, Optimum Core TV comes with 220+ channels for only $59.99 a month.
- Increase the channels with Optimum Select TV with more than 340 channels and pay $74. 99 a month.
- You can get the most channels with Optimum Premier TV for $104.99 every month with over 420 channels.
The quality time with the family would be more fun with a lot of cable channels to choose from. Spend the time by switching through your favorite shows and programs. The DVR unit lets you record 15 shows so that you can watch them later, all without missing any scenes.
Optimum by Altice wants to give you the best in entertainment, and we are confident that this exciting package will bring more satisfaction to your house!
To make sure you have a high-speed internet connection, we’ve partnered with Optimum Online. Their advanced fiber-optic technology provides a fast network connection with no data caps. This partnership is just another way that Opts.
6. AT&T U-Verse Cable TV Plans For Low-Income Seniors
AT&T has extended its services to seniors who they believe greatly need a sort of entertainment while staying at home. That’s why they have AT&T U-Verse TV. It works with U-Verse internet and cheap cable TV. It comes with 15 to 200 channels and an HD DVR.
Here are some bundle deals you can choose from or AT&T cheap cable tv for low income seniors:
- The AT&T U200 gives you 300 channels for $55.00 a month.
- Add 5 dollars, and you get 470 channels with AT&T U300 for $60.00 a month.
- Get 550 channels for $110.00 a month.
- But to those who don’t want bundle products, their DirectTV includes a DVR and live TV with movies for only $35 a month. If they use both the internet and TV, they can have U-verse TV. It is a combination of more than 190 channels and internet fiber at $75 per month.
AT&T currently offers no discount for low-speed internet, but there is a 10% discount if you bundle it with TV service. For seniors, AT&T provides free activation and approaches all aspects of your services in an uncomplicated manner.
You may also consider the cheapest AT&T cell phone plans for seniors and, of course, the best cell phone for seniors with dementia.
7. Mediacom Cheap Cable TV For Low Income Seniors
Mediacom offers bundled services for everyone, whether you are a senior or not. Watch movies and other programs on your TV and maximize your internet by choosing Mediacom’s lower-priced packages. Mediacom has always been working hard to compete and make its services better.
Mediacom’s U-verse TV has great deals for seniors and will save you money. You can enjoy local channels, shows, music, movie-on-demand, and more! The lineup includes:
Over 185 local channels in HD quality. Get an extra cable box with a DVR included recording programs while watching something else on your U-verse TV. With HD channels included, you can watch in stunning High Definition quality.
Mediacom’s Preferred Packages start with the Essential Package. It includes 35+ channels for $29.99/ month plus tax, and it is a great way to get started with Mediacom’s service. You will enjoy it more.
Here are the best deals offered by Mediacom or cable tv for low income seniors:
- First, their Mediacom TV package and Internet service with more than 100 channels are only $49.98 a month.
- Their Family TV and internet with over 170 channels, 75 channels are High Definition. It costs $99.98 per month. In other words, Mediacom offers a good bundle plan for cable TV and the internet. Seniors may try to negotiate to get some discounts by calling their retailers in the local.
8. Comcast Cable TV Provider
Comcast is offering assistance, especially for seniors known as the Internet Essentials. It includes three points. First, it has cheap and internet at a high-speed service for $9.95 per month and chooses to buy a computer and digital training. To be a part of it, you should be 62 years or older and eligible.
This essential has 15/2 Mbps that costs $9.95 a month plus tax. Don’t worry. There are no fees for activation and rental fees. In addition, you get access to free digital learning online both with a module and a teacher and other perks. Comcast offers a 10% discount for basic cable package for seniors. The basic package has inclusions of CBS, NBC, and other cable news locally.
9. SLING TV Cable Plans For Low-Income Seniors
SLING TV offers no contract. Its entry cost is actually low, yet it has customizable plans. It is actually applicable for internet streaming. Thus, it relies on your connection for its content delivery, so there will be no equipment and installation fee. With Sling TV, paying is every month. Quitting is easy at any time. Exclude all fees for startup, cancellation, and rent for equipment.
SLING TV offers three different cable plans or cheap cable tv for low income seniors such as:
- The Orange plan, which costs $25/ month, includes 28 live channels like TBS, TNT, AMC, CNN, and ESPN. Streaming is at a time for one channel, regardless if it’s live or recording.
- The Blue plan, which is also $ 25/ month, has 43 live channels, but it doesn’t include Disney and ESPN.
- Last, the SLING Orange +SLING Blue, which costs $40 a month, has the same orange and blue plan channels and gets to stream 4 channels. If you want to get the DVR feature, pay $5 more and record for 50 hours.
10. DIRECTV Cable Provider For Seniors
DIRECTV is a cable TV service and an internet provider as well. It is one of the largest cable television providers in the United States. With $65/month, you get the package known as Select. It includes the internet and TV together.
Take note; the TV package has a contract that lasts up to 24 months. Meanwhile, there are 12 months for the internet. For two years, you should have these accounts active. For the first year, the entry price is $65/month; then, in the 2nd year, the price would go up to $106. But it would reflect an auto pay discount for $5/month.
By the way, the “Select” package gives you over 150 channels, like Disney, Discovery, AMC, Food Network, and Comedy Central. Plus, a Genie High Definition DVR and inclusion of three receivers free. With it, record HD for 200 hours and stream four. This Genie is matched HD 4K Ultra.
For sports lover seniors, the sports package includes the ticket for NFL Sunday delivered, so they enjoy watching eight games at one time. The CHOICE package gives you a Sports Pack add-on for $13. 99 a month. With it, access This gives you 30 regional networks about sport. There are other features.
11. Verizon Fios Cable TV For Seniors
Verizon Fio’s biggest advantage is their network which is fiber optic. This optic fiber carries bigger data compared to cables made of copper or coaxial. This fiber then makes the internet faster. Since their connections are symmetrical, the speed of both uploading and downloading is the same.
Fios offers three packages known as the ‘double play.’ It means and the internet together. For the lowest price of $49.99 a month, you get 50 Mbps Fios TV, which has more than 15 channels. The channels air big networks like PBS and the like. This package may be basic, but the good thing is the absence of a contract. If you want to upgrade, you should sign up for the contract, which lasts for two years.
Rates are locked in for this period. Enjoy 15Mbps and your choice of HD TV for $94. 99/month. This Preferred HD TV has over 255 channels, and more than 80 are HD. It has SHOWTIME and DVR for a recording of 6 and 100 shows recorded. You may also consider Verizon internet for low income families.
12. RCN Cable TV, Phone, and Internet Provider
RCN has programs like digital programming given to homeowners and having big networking services. Their services include videos, the Internet, streaming, and even digital television. Seniors would greatly love it. Enjoy the tv channel line-up. RCN offers relatively low prices that seniors can afford.
Here are the low income internet and cable offered by RCN:
- RCN offers bundles that let you save up to $35 per month. You get a Signature TV, an internet speed of 50 Mbps, and an Unlimited Phone. You get over 295 channels on your TV. Which charged $79.99 a month for 12 months.
- The Digital Basic TV with 50 Mbps Internet is only for $39.99 a month for 12 months. Watch from 72 channels. Use the internet option to check your social media account like Facebook or your email.
- The last one is Signature TV and 250 Mbps of the Internet, and Unlimited Phone plus over 295 channels for $89.99 a month within 12 months. Now you can watch basic and popular channels, and at the same time, use the internet to check your email, social media and browse the internet. It is an excellent deal for seniors to make their lives more social and exciting.
13. Time Warner Cable TV Provider
Time Warner Cable will make things easier for our seniors with their bundle offers. With the bundle are free installation plus your TV, internet, and phone, which you will use at home. They’ve got three tv plan options to choose from.
Here are the Time Warner Cable low income internet and cable plans:
- First is the TRIPLE PLAY SELECT, which lets you watch over 125 channels plus service with free DVR. Your internet would be 100 Mbps, and you get unlimited calls nationwide. It has 18 popular features, and this is only $99 per month within 12 months when it’s bundled.
- Next, is the TRIPLE PLAY SILVER having more than `175 channels and free of charge DVR service, 100 Mbps of internet, calling unlimitedly nationwide, 18 popular features, and over 50 channels of your favorite shows by adding $20 more.
- Last is the TRIPLE PLAY GOLD plan. It has over 200 channels. Get to call anyone in the nation with its unlimited calls. The DVR service is free. You get 25 channels more by adding $20 more.
14. Buckeye Broadband Cable TV Provider
It is formerly called Buckeye CableSystem, a telecommunications and cable provider located in Ohio, United States. Block Communications is owned and operated, providing cable television, home telephone services, and broadband internet to elderly customers in some parts of Michigan and northwest Ohio.
Here are the cable plans offered by Buckeye Broadband:
- HD Cable TV and Broadband Internet (Discounted Price: $49.99 a month): It includes 30 channels with free EPIX suitable for three months and basic internet.
- HD Cable TV and Essential Internet (Discounted Price: $49.99 a month): It includes 30 channels with free EPIX suitable for six months and basic internet.
- Popular Standard and Broadband Internet (Discounted Price: $99.99 a month): It includes popular channels and basic internet with free EPIX suitable for six months.
Note: All Buckeye Broadband plans have no contract.
15. WOW Cable TV Provider For Internet, TV, And Phone
It is the sixth biggest cable operator in the USA. The company is not only offering cable television but also landline and broadband Internet. Vast Open West is one of the top ten Netflix performance providers in the northeast and midwest regions, offering truly “unlimited” service without overage fees and data caps.
Customers can bundle phone plans, internet, and TV. The Internet 100 Plus Medium Cable is the Best Double Play priced at $69.99 with 100 Mbps of internet. The complete channel listings differ based on your service area. Aside from NFL Sunday Ticket, the TV options of Wide Open West are similar to DirecTV. All the premium options available include NFL Network, Viceland, and HBO.
How to Consider Cheap Cable TV for Low Income Seniors
- Determine if the cable plan includes a contract. While one-year or two-year contracts have discounts, freebies, or privileges, no-contract options allow you to change provider if you’re not satisfied with the services.
- Consider customer service by choosing one that can provide patient, courteous, and world-class customer service.
- Check the channel line-up of the cable provider you’re considering, and make sure you see your favorite channels on the list. Remember that add-ons are usually charged extra from the price of the package.
- Contact sales and customer service before making a final decision. In that way, you’ll have a good idea of how the company treats its customers. Make sure you also read testimonials or comments of previous customers.
- Read the terms and conditions as much as possible. If you can’t read well, ask your family member or a trusted friend or caregiver to assist you, which is helpful if you’re asked to sign an agreement.
- Check the pricing. Don’t hesitate to ask the sales agent or customer representative about the things included in the package offered to you. Also, ask for additional fees or possible charges, such as installing costs and DVR and HD services.
Remember that most cable providers may offer free premiums or channels. Watch out for the expiration date of these freebies to make sure you won’t automatically be billed once they expire. Take note of equipment charges, too, which are mostly upfront.
Ask referrals from family and friends who are also using the service. You might have neighbors or friends nearby who can give you an idea of how the cable provider works. Don’t hesitate to ask relevant questions about the reception, pricing, and customer support.
Senior citizens have better options when it comes to tv viewing or cable entertainment nowadays. It is crucial to check the channel listings before choosing a cheap TV plan for you or your loved one for a satisfactory viewing experience. Once you have selected the right plan for you, you’ll be able to watch the news and your favorite movies, even the old ones you have long been looking for, enjoying watching with friends and family.
- Top 15 (Provider) Cheap Cable TV For Low Income Seniors 2021
- 1. Dish TV Cable Provider
- 2. Xfinity Cable TV Provider
- 3. Cox Cable TV And Internet Provider
- 4. Spectrum Cable TV For Senior And Low-Income Families
- 5. Optimum Cable TV Provider
- 6. AT&T U-Verse Cable TV Plans For Low-Income Seniors
- 7. Mediacom Cheap Cable TV For Low Income Seniors
- 8. Comcast Cable TV Provider
- 9. SLING TV Cable Plans For Low-Income Seniors
- 10. DIRECTV Cable Provider For Seniors
- 11. Verizon Fios Cable TV For Seniors
- 12. RCN Cable TV, Phone, and Internet Provider
- 13. Time Warner Cable TV Provider
- 14. Buckeye Broadband Cable TV Provider
- 15. WOW Cable TV Provider For Internet, TV, And Phone
- How to Consider Cheap Cable TV for Low Income Seniors