Blu Products, a private company headquartered in Miami, Florida, USA, was established in 2009. Since then, the company has embarked on a truly stellar journey, as it has created several cutting-edge smartphones, aimed primarily at those who want the latest features without burning holes in their wallets. To date, the company has sold over 60 million of its smartphones around the world, and if you are curious about the brand’s products and want to read Blu cell phone reviews, then you have come to the right place.
In this review/buying guide, we will be taking a close look at a wide variety of blu phones for sale; phones that you should consider buying in 2020. So, without further ado, let’s drive into detailed review below.
10 Best Blu Cell Phone Reviews 2020
1. Blu Advance 5.2
The Blu Advance 5.2 is one of the Blu unlocked phones that is ideal for people who want mid-range features at a very cheap price. Even though it is far from being a phone that can satisfy those who crave the most advanced features and specifications, it still manages to pack a powerful punch.
- Unlocked Dual SIM smartphone, Android 7.0 nougat
- Vivid 5.2” curved glass display; premium metal design
- 5MP Main Camera with flash + 5MP selfie camera with flash
- High-quality metal design
- 5.2” curved glass screen
- GSM quad-band 3G (850/1700/1900/2100)
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS
- 5 MP main rear camera with flash + 5 MP front selfie camera with flash
- 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
- Mali-400 GPU
- 8 GB internal memory
- 1 GB internal storage + micro SD card slot for additional storage up to 64 GB
For a lower mid-range category smartphone, the Blu Advance 5.2 offers users a high storage capacity, which facilitates downloads of numerous apps. Casual mobile photographers can also click loads of photographs and store them on the device thanks to the support of up to 64 GB storage.
Even if you move away from the city and head into rural areas without substantial network coverage, you can still expect the phone to pick up a network signal thanks to its superior signal strength.
While the Blu Advance 5.2’s features don’t compare to flagship smartphone models, there is still a plethora of features for users to enjoy. Priced reasonably, it makes for the perfect phone to gift to your child as his/her first smartphone.
On the camera front, the phone performs well, but don’t expect too many great things from the front and dual cameras. If you want a smartphone from Blu that offers exceptional photo and video quality, you should take a look at some of the other phones on this review.
As this phone is an ‘unlocked phone’, you don’t have to remain stuck to any particular carrier. It ranks as one of the best Qlink compatible phones and it supports numerous other carriers as well.
To conclude, we must say that for its low price point, the Blu Advance 5.2 is a phone that is going to impress you with its array of fantastic features. You may even discover some top unlocked model at a glance.
2. BLU G9
The Blu G9 is one of the company’s standout smartphones. Even though feature-wise it is an upper mid-range smartphone, it looks nothing short of stunning.
- 6.3” HD+ Infinity Display with Curved Glass; Android 9 Pie
- Dual Main Camera: 13MP + 2MP Depth Sensor with Flash and up to 52MP Super Zoom capability, Front...
- 64GB Internal Memory 4GB RAM and MicroSD up to 128GB, 2.0GHz Octacore MediaTek Helio P22+ AI...
- 6.3” screen
- Android 9 Pie OS
- 13 MP + 2 MP rear cameras and 13 MP front camera
- 4,000 mAh battery
- 64 GB internal storage + micro SD card slot for additional storage up to 128 GB
- 2.0 GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P22+ Processor
- 3G (850/900/1700/1900/2100) and 4G LTE (1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/28)
You can choose any network carrier as the phone is unlocked and does not require you to stick to a specific network carrier.
Before Blu unveiled the G9, most of its smartphones featured displays that were below the 6” inch mark. However, the company has spiced things up by offering a 6.3” display that is simply incredible to look at. This phone has the biggest display across all the phones that we have reviewed in this buying guide/review.
The Blu G9 isn’t the most expensive and sophisticated smartphone out there, but the company has left no stone unturned to ensure that it looks as classy as the phones priced at least two or three times higher. This is down to the plastic/polycarbonate build, which gives it a metallic feel.
The 64 GB internal storage should be sufficient to meet all your data storage needs, but in case it is not, you can expand your storage by a whopping 128 GB, which should sort out all your storage needs for good.
As far as regular applications go, the G9 runs all of them with ease. It performs well on the gaming front as well, even though its ability to handle the most recent games can be questioned.
The Blu G9 is one of the most powerful smartphones featured on this list, but is it the best? Read on to find out.
3. BLU VIVO X5
Another one of the Blu unlocked cell phones to have amassed quite a bit of a reputation is the Blu Vivo X5. It is yet another mid-range phone from Blu that is packed all the features that you would expect from the mid-range category of smartphones.
- 5.7” HD+ 18:9 Curved Glass Display, Octa-Core 1.6GHz processor
- 13MP A.I Main Camera with Flash + 8MP Front Camera with Flash
- 64GB Internal memory 3GB RAM, and Micro SD up to 64GB
- 5.7” HD curved glass screen
- 13 MP rear camera with flash + 8 MP front selfie camera with flash
- Android 9 Pie OS
- Octa-core 1.6 GHz processor
- 3G (850/1700/1900) and 4G (2/4/5/12/17)
- 3 GB RAM
- 64 GB internal storage + Micro SD card slot for additional storage up to 64 GB
The Blu Vivo X5 offers numerous features to users, features that one would expect from all mid-range smartphones these days. However, in comparison to the prices charged by Blu’s more well-known competitors, the Blu Vivo X5 is reasonably priced, making it a smartphone for the masses.
The octa-core processor along with 3 GB RAM ensures that most demanding applications and games run without significant lags. The smartphone delivers on the storage front as well, delivering a whopping 64 GB internal storage and also giving users the backup of expanding storage by another 64 GB.
The ‘unlocked’ feature is probably the reason why so many people are drawn to Blu phones for sale. It means that you are free to choose the network carrier without being bound to one against your wishes.
While the smartphone does not offer anything out-of-the-box for a mid-range smartphone, it is still perfect for those who need a smartphone for regular applications without breaking the bank.
4. Blu Studio Mini
The Blu Studio Mini is yet another lower mid-range smartphone that provides the typical combination of mid-range smartphone features at an extremely affordable price point.
- 5.5”Hd+ 18:9 Curved Glass Display 720x1440 Resolution.
- 13MP Main Camera with LED Flash, 8MP Selfie camera with LED Flash.
- 32GB Internal memory 2GB RAM Micro SD up to 64GB; Octa-Core 1.6GHz processor with ARM Cortex-A55...
- 3000 mAh Li-ion battery
- 5.5” curved glass display
- Android 9.0 PIE OS
- 32 GB internal storage + micro SD card slot for 64 GB additional storage
- 2 GB RAM
- 1.6 GHz Snapdragon 400 octa-core processor
- 3G (850/1700/1900) and 4G (2/4/5/12/17)
The Blu Studio Mini does not boast of a powerful battery. The 3000 mAh battery backup will surprise you as the phone manages to run throughout the day and does not require you to plug it in for charging frequently.
Owing to the ARM Cortex-A55 chipset, the phone has quite a decent amount of processing power. While you can’t run the latest games and demanding applications, all regular applications run smoothly without lags and performance issues.
In our opinion, Blu should have backed up the incredible octa-core processor by providing more RAM to improve performance. However, we do understand that the phone’s price would have gone up in such a scenario as well.
You can shoot videos at 30 fps in 720p, which is more than what most phones offer at this phone’s price point.
The 5.5” curved glass display guarantees amazing visuals for users, as it brings colors to life and also manages to maintain a balance between all the essential visual elements.
The Blu Studio Mini may not be Blu’s most powerful smartphone offering, but its plethora of features ensures that the phone satisfies those who need a smartphone with a powerful battery, a gorgeous display, and hardware and software that run regular applications without much hassle.
5. Blu Vivo 5 Mini
The Blu Vivo 5 Mini is an entry-level smartphone that caters to users who have the most basic smartphone requirements.
- 4.0” display; made out of quality metal and aluminum
- 5MP Main Camera with flash + 3.2MP front Camera. Comes with 1,500mAh battery
- MediaTek 6580 1.3GHz Quad core processor; 8GB Internal memory 512MB RAM Micro SD up to 64GB . Comes...
- 4.0” display
- High-quality aluminum and metal body
- MediaTek 6580 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
- 8 GB internal storage + micro SD card slot for additional storage up to 64 GB
- 1500 mAh battery
- 5 MP rear camera with flash + 3.2 MP front selfie camera
- 512 MB RAM
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- 2G (GSM 850/900/1800/1900) and 3G (GSM 850/900/1800/1900/cat 4)
The 4-inch display of this smartphone may feel small compared to the mid-range smartphones from Blu, but it works well enough for an entry-level model.
The 1.3 GHz quad-core processor ensures that all regular smartphone apps function smoothly. However, don’t expect this phone to be a multi-tasker, as the configuration isn’t great enough to run multiple apps at the same time. Also, combined with the 512 MB of RAM, it is not a smartphone for gamers.
The storage capacity is good and you can store photographs, apps, and many different files if you buy a 64 GB micro SD card. Expect both cameras to provide ordinary results as it is not regarded as a camera phone.
All in all, the Blu Vivo 5 Mini is fine for those who want the basic smartphone benefits. However, if you want to play games and multi-task, you should pick another phone from this list of Blu cell phone reviews.
As this is an unlocked phone, it ranks among the best entry-level Assurance Wireless compatible phones.
6. Blu Vivo 8 Full HD – 4G
This mid-range smartphone from Blu is quite a performer and provides a lot of exciting features that make it one of the best phones on this list of Blu cell phone reviews.
- 5.5" full HD 1080P display with curved Corning Gorilla glass 3; body design made out of 87% metal...
- 13MP Sony IMX258 Main Camera with flash and 16MP selfie Camera with flash
- MediaTek 6755 Helio P10 2.0 Octa core processor, 64GB Internal memory 4GB RAM
- 5.5” curved display
- 4 GB RAM
- MediaTek 6755 Helio P10 2.0 octa-core processor
- 64 GB internal storage
- 4010 mAh battery
- 13 MP rear camera with flash + 16 MP front selfie camera with flash
The first thing that will strike you when you use this phone is its 5.5” full 1080p HD display, which does a remarkable job on the visual front. The battery life is yet another strong point of this phone, with the 4010 mAh battery being able to run for almost two full days of regular use on a full charge.
Even though there are smartphones out there whose cameras do better than the Blu Vivo 8’s, the photos and videos are still decent and the 64 GB internal storage ensures that you don’t need to spend on a separate micro SD card to store all your memories.
The powerful octa-core processor along with 4 GB RAM makes this smartphone able to tackle demanding applications and games with ease. Unlike some of the other Blu phones featured on this review/buying guide, Blu gets the processor and RAM combination absolutely right with the Blu Vivo 8.
The Blu Vivo 8 is one of the best performing smartphones from Blu’s catalog of mid-range smartphones.
7. Blu Studio X8 HD
The Studio X8 HD is yet another entry-level phone from Blu to make its mark on this Blu phones review. If you want sophistication in an entry-level phone, then you should seriously consider this smartphone from Blu.
- Unlocked Dual SIM Smartphone, Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition)
- Stunning 5.0" HD Display 720 x 1280 Resolution I 294ppi
- 8MP Main Camera with flash + 5MP Selfie Camera
- 5.0” 720p HD display
- 1 GB RAM
- 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
- Mali-400 GPU
- 8 GB internal storage + micro SD card slot for 64 GB additional storage
- 8 MP rear camera with flash + 5 MP front selfie camera
- 3G (850/1700/1900)
The Blu Studio X8 HD is available in two color variants; white and black. Both variants look stunning, but what really makes this phone successful are all the things that it has got under the hood.
For starters, very few entry-level phones can boast of a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor. The processor ensures that all regular smartphone apps function without any lags. While high-end gaming won’t be possible on the phone, the processor makes multitasking a breeze.
The storage options are quite good too. Even though the 8 GB internal storage may not be enough for you to store all your important data, photos, videos, and music, you can simply buy a micro SD card for 64 GB additional space, which should create enough space for your data.
Both the rear and front cameras offer average results, so you can’t expect extraordinary photos and videos from this phone. Overall, it’s a good entry-level phone that looks amazing and also performs well thanks to the quad-core processor.
Like all other Blu phones, this smartphone too is unlocked, which makes it one of the best Mint Mobile compatible phones.
8. Blu Studio View Unlocked (2019)
The Blu Studio View 2019 is an improvement on the original Studio View smartphone. Even though the phone may look quite big thanks to its enormous display, it is actually a lower mid-range phone as its features would tell you.
- 6.0” HD+ 18:9 Curved Glass Display
- 8MP Main Camera with LED Flash + 8MP Selfie Camera with LED Flash
- 32GB Internal Memory 1GB RAM Micro SD up to 64GB; Quad Core 1.3GHz processor with Mali-400
- 6.0” curved glass screen
- 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
- Mali-400 GPU
- 1 GB RAM
- 32 GB internal storage + micro SD card slot for additional 64 GB storage space
- Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition) OS
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 3G (850/900/1900/2100)
The first thing that would catch your attention when you take this smartphone in your hands is its mammoth display. The 6-inch display is absolutely brilliant and is undoubtedly the highlight of this smartphone. The large display manages to deliver crisp picture quality and it’s a great phone to watch high-definition TV shows and movies.
The main performer under the hood is surely the quad-core processor. However, its capabilities have been restricted as Blu only provides 1 GB RAM to complement the brilliant processor. While the combination of the two ensures that regular applications run without any lag whatsoever, it doesn’t do nearly as good on the gaming front. While games from previous generations will run just fine on this smartphone, new games may lag.
The internal storage is also another positive, with 32 GB being enough for most people to store their data. If it isn’t enough for you, you can simply expand storage by making use of the micro SD card slot. The fact that this smartphone is unlocked ensures that you can choose network carriers according to your tastes and preferences.
9. Blu Tank II T193
The Tank II T193 is one of the phones on this list of Blu cell phone reviews that is not a smartphone. It is more of a safety phone considering its extremely low price and is ideal for travelers who need a phone simply to call and send text messages.
- GSM Quad band 2G (850/900/1800/1900): compatibility Nationwide on 2G carriers like Straight Talk,...
- 2.4" TFT Screen Display; VGA Camera (640 x 480 pixels) w/ LED Flash + Video.
- MediaTek Processor, 1900 mAh Big Battery, FM Radio, MP3/ MP4 Player, Bluetooth: v3.0.
- 2.4” TFT screen
- 1900 mAh battery
- Micro SD card slot for storage expansion up to 32 GB
- GSM quad-band 2G (850/900/1800/1900)
- VGA camera with video + LED flash
- MediaTek processor
Even though this phone is an odd one out on this list with most of the other phones being smartphones, it is still a great product for those who have a preference for simpler phones. Its highlight is its call quality and its ability to maintain signal strength even in remote areas.
The 1900 mAh battery is another standout feature of this phone. On full-charge, you can expect this phone to last you a few days with regular use. The camera is okay for taking basic pictures and videos, but compared to the cameras on the other phones featured on this review/buying guide, the camera of this one falls way short. What else could you even expect from an old-school VGA camera, right?
In terms of general phone performance, the phone excels and does not crash. However, if you want internet facilities, you should purchase another phone as there is no internet option available on this phone.
All in all, this basic phone is perfect for those who just want the essential calling and SMS features and an unlocked phone to choose their preferred network carriers.
10. Blu Vivo X6
The last phone to feature on our list of Blu cell phone reviews will be the Vivo X6, which is a mid-range smartphone that combines style and substance immaculately. Boasting several exciting features, this smartphone is a performer and can handle even heavy-duty applications with ease.
- 6.1” HD+ 19:9 Infinity Curved Glass Display
- Dual 13MP+ Depth Sensor Main Camera with LED Flash + 13 MP Selfie Camera
- 64GB Internal Memory 3GB RAM Micro SD up to 64GB; 1.6GHz Octa-Core Processor| ARM Corterx-A55 with...
- 6.1” HD curved glass screen
- 3 GB RAM
- ARM Cortex-A55 octa-core 1.6 GHz processor
- IMG8322 GPU
- 64 GB internal storage + micro SD card slot for additional storage space up to 64 GB
- 4000 mAh battery
- Android 9 PIE OS
- 3G (850/900/1700/1900/2100) and 4G LTE (1/2/3/4/5/7/12/17/28)
- Dual 13 MP rear cameras with LED flash + 13 MP front selfie camera
This is the newest Blu phone in the market and it doesn’t disappoint. The display manages to get everything right in terms of visual quality. The octa-core processor is the reason for the smartphone’s stunning performance, even though it could have been better utilized had the RAM been greater than 3 GB. However, you can still expect the smartphone to perform well when it comes to playing the latest games and multi-tasking.
The 4000 mAh battery provides sufficient battery backup and the fast charger supplied with the phone ensures that you can fully charge the phone in under two hours.
The dual rear cameras are perfect for those who want every single detail to come out in their photos. The front selfie camera does a reasonable job as well.
This phone stands tall as one of the best offerings from Blu’s catalog of mid-range smartphones.
Why Buy a Blu Phone?
You might be wondering why you should choose a smartphone or any phone from Blu when there are so many reliable and well-known brands to pick from. Well, the simple answer to this conundrum is the fact that certain brands, particularly the ones that have established themselves, price their products on the higher side.
If you are the kind of person who wants mid-range smartphone features without spending a fortune, a company like Blu would be the perfect smartphone manufacturer to choose from. While the company certainly cuts certain costs to make its phones reasonable, the overall quality of its smartphones is quite good.
While the build quality of Blu phones will not be comparable to those of phones from more reputed brands, it’s the specifications under the hood that really count. And on that front, Blu rarely disappoints.
So, we have finally come to an end of our review/buying guide. As is the custom with all our other reviews and buying guides, we have to now pick a winner.
In terms of sheer performance, we have picked the Blu G9 as our winner. The phone looks stunning and performs even better and the best part is that it is priced very affordably.
However, if you are just looking for a phone at the lowest possible price, the Tank II has no rival. Even though the phone is missing out on most modern features, its battery life, durability and call quality make it a reliable standby.
Last update on 2020-08-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API