It is widely seen that we talk on our landline phones and do other work at the same time. How this multitasking is possible? We do it by holding the phone between our ears and neck like any other professionals out there. When we talk and work like that for too long, it makes the muscles in related areas stiff. This results in neck pain and back pain.
So, it is clear to us that there are no alternatives to using a wireless headset for landline phones if we want to avoid agonizing pain. We’ll start our article with more advantages in mind and proceed to the review of the chosen 7 wireless headsets. In the end, we’ve chosen the best one with the simplest features and a low budget. Also, you’ll get a suggestion for the best of all in case of your expendable budget.
Why use a wireless headset for a landline phone?
We’ve already read the main reason to use wireless headsets. There are more to its benefits. Let’s see how it can increase our productivity, flexibility, and call quality.
- Firstly, the headsets will free your hands without causing any damage to any of your body parts. It’ll allow you to keep doing what you’re doing. So, that’ll increase productivity significantly.
- If you want to go to your coworker’s desk while talking on the phone to do something important, these headsets will help you by allowing you to go away from the phone for up to 300 feet. So, you’ll get the mobility you need to increase productivity.
- If you’re away from your desk to grab a coffee, you won’t have to miss a call again. These wireless headsets will keep you connected with the phone all the time. So, you’ll see less voicemail and increased client satisfaction.
- Finally, the quality of these wireless headsets is top of the line. We chose such manufacturers that are well-known for making high-quality headphones. It might cost you a bit higher but you’ll get the highest satisfaction during a call. Also, the features will increase flexibility and productivity.
So, you know how important it is to buy a wireless headphone for your land phone today. Read the reviews and choose the one according to your needs and budget. In the end, we’ll recommend a headset from our experience and professional opinion if you feel like you’re getting puzzled deciding one for you.
You may like to read 6 Best AARP Landline Phones For Seniors
7 Best Wireless Headsets for Landline Phone
1. Plantronics CS510 – Over-the-Head monaural Wireless Headset
3 things need to be considered for a good quality wireless headset. The first one is its call quality second one is its range, and the last one is its battery backup. Apart from those three, you also need to look for its comforts and call management system.
- HIGH QUALITY HEADSET: Wideband audio quality with noise canceling technology and enhanced Digital...
- SUPERIOR RANGE: Wireless multitasking is easy with DECT 6.0 technology, allowing you to clearly...
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Sleek design for the most comfortable and lightest DECT headset on the market...
Regarding call quality, it has active noise canceling technology, advanced digital signal processing capability, and connectivity with the base station using DECT 6.0 technology. Altogether, you get uninterrupted, HD quality, and natural call experience.
Moreover, it has a good range which makes it more convenient to allow you to walk, do other things away from the phone, and still take calls. With the headset away from its charging dock, you can talk for almost 9 hours without needing to charge it again. Making this wireless headset active is easy. Connect the charging base’s power line and connect with the landline phone. Finally, go to your phone’s settings and sync the headset.
- More natural and clearer call quality is ensured by noise-canceling and digital signal processing technology of this headset.
- Connects wirelessly with DECT 6.0 so that you get up to 350 feet of mobility and uninterrupted call experience.
- The headset is lightweight and comfortable to wear so that you can talk for hours without feeling any issues.
- Also, it has a good battery backup with a maximum of 9 hours of talk time.
- The call management is easy with its one-touch answer, end, mute, or volume adjustment feature.
2. Jabra PRO 9470 Mono -Professional Wireless Unified Communication Headset
This is a unique wireless headset on our product list as it has a touchscreen display that allows you to take calls from land phones as well as from softphones. It means that you can also connect it to your PC for taking calls using third-party software like Skype, truecaller, etc. The touchscreen is also helpful for better and easier call management.
- Touchscreen Display; Select models in the Jabra PRO 9400 series family feature an exclusive touch...
- Noise Blackout; Jabra Noise Blackout technology eliminates disturbing background noise such as wind,...
- 150m Wireless Freedom; Get wireless mobility up to 150 meters to fully control your Jabra hands free...
The call quality is great without any doubt as the headset has Jabra technology. It automatically cancels out the background noise and ensures HD call quality with necessary hardware and software enhancements. The headset has dual microphones. One grabs the background noise and another catches your voice with the background noise. After that, the background noise gets canceled internally and your caller only hears your voice. This way, your clients get to hear you like you’re in front of them.
Also, it can detect a sudden increase in volume automatically and save your ear from any kind of sound damage. Moreover, this wireless headset has one of the highest ranges with mobility for up to 490 feet. We tested the Jabra PRO 9470 for battery backup and got 2 hours of talk time approximately which is enough for wireless talking.
- It has a great range of approximately 490 feet or 150 meters so that you have the highest flexibility and mobility inside your office perimeter.
- It has also got a touch screen for easy call management and using PC software to place calls via the internet.
- Complies with DECT standard which ensures maximum security against eavesdropping and cancels all possibilities of headset-to-base risky pairing.
- You can connect your desk phone, smartphone, and your PC with this wireless headset’s base station at the same time and manage calls for all platforms.
- It has a remote call control management system so that you can answer, end, mute, or adjust volume with just one press remotely.
3. Plantronics Savi 740 Wireless Headset
This is claimed to be the lightest wireless headset available on the market that has a DECT standard. It has a wideband for up to 6800Hz so that you can connect your PC, smartphone, and desk phone. For this reason, you can also use third-party software for VoIP calling and manage calls using this headset.
- Lightest DECT wireless headset on the market. Digital encryption: 64 bit
- Choice of three comfortable, customizable wearing styles. Audio performance : PC plus desk phone...
- Hot swappable battery for unlimited talk time (Additional battery sold separately)
The headset can support you for hours with its great power management and bigger battery capacity. Plantronics also sells additional batteries for more support. This is a very comfortable headset as you can choose the way you wear it from different options.
It includes over-the-ear, behind-the-head, and over-the-head designs so that you can choose the one that’s the most comfortable for you. You’ll get those 3 wear extensions inside the package. Moreover, you can use this headset from a maximum of 350 feet away which is more than enough mobility we need in an office environment. The battery life of this headset is enough but you can buy an additional battery as it has an easy battery-swap kit for more hours of talk time.
- It uses DECT 6.0 technology to cancel unwanted Wi-Fi signal interference, better range, and HD call quality.
- The package includes 3 different wearing styles for your convenience and comfort.
- You can connect the headset to 3 different platforms and manage calls simultaneously.
- It features a one-touch call end, answering, mute, or volume adjustment for quick actions when you’re on the go.
- The sound quality is also good as it has noise-canceling and digital signal processing technology.
4. Plantronics CS520 Binaural Wireless Headset
The Plantronics CS520 is one of the best wireless headsets for a landline phone. It’s because it has the features and quality of a high-end headset but costs far less than those flagship wireless headphones. With this headset, you can get better at multitasking and work all over the office without missing any calls.
- Gain mobility multitask, audio controls at your finger tips with volume adjust/mute
- Binaural over the head covers both ears for comfort, focus and blocking out background noise
- Noise canceling microphone filters out background noise
The wireless technology with DECT 6.0 standard, you can get a range of 350 feet without any weak signal issue. The DECT technology also helps to maintain good call quality and makes sure that no other wireless signal can interfere between the headset and the base station.
Regarding call quality, it can filter out background noise efficiently and effectively. Also, the power management system makes this set optimized for better range, less power consumption, and more talk time. The overhead design and ear-covering soft cushion makes your conversation protected from side talk or background noise.
- The intelligent power management system makes it consume less power giving you 9 hours of standby time with a single charge.
- You can answer or end desk phone calls using separate electronic hook switch cable or handset lifter remotely.
- The wideband audio feature, noise-canceling technology, and DSP work together to give you the best call quality.
- For mobility and freedom of doing other important tasks while talking, it allows you to stay 350 feet away from the base and still talk with fine connection.
- It has all the necessary buttons at your fingertips like call answering, ending, muting, or adjusting the volume.
5. Sennheiser D 10 Phone (506410) Single-Sided Wireless DECT Headset
This is the wireless headset from the world-famous brand Sennheiser. They are one of the best in making sound equipment in the world. So, you can guess how their headset’s speaker quality and the overall call quality will be. With Sennheiser Voice Clarity, both parties in a call feel like they are talking face-to-face. The microphone has a noise-canceling feature so that your client can hear you.
- Desk Phone Connection: For those who simply need an excellent hands-free, plug and play...
- Improve Collaboration: Move freely around the office building, up to 590 feet with line of site,...
- Clear Communication: Sennheiser Voice Clarity uniquely enhances the most important sounds throughout...
This is a simple headset extension for your desk set with more flexibility and mobility. To achieve that, Sennheiser makes this set with advanced antenna design so that you can talk even 590 feet away from the base station. Another great advantage of this headsets’ DECT base station is that you can connect up to 4 headsets and do a conference call without any complex setup.
It has an improved battery life which allows you to talk for 12 hours non-stop. Also, the charging dock and the headset have quick charging capability which makes it 50% charged within 20 minutes. The set is plug-and-play type and it will be ready to use as soon as you connect it to your desk set using the USB cable.
- If you don’t have barriers in your workplace, you can have a range of 180 feet to a maximum of 590 feet away from the base.
- For a crisp and clear voice with natural hearing, this headset has noise-cancellation and improved HD quality call ensuring technology.
- To get the most comfortable wearing style, this headset comes with 3 variations and the headset has easy to use buttons for multiple quick actions.
- This is a simple-to-use headset for professionals who need reliability and uninterrupted service throughout the years.
- It has user-friendly LED indicators for battery status, headset link, and incoming call.
6. Plantronics Savi W710 DECT Headset
You can connect this lightweight and stylish over-the-head wireless headset to your desk phone, smartphone, and PC. Although the headset has the wearing style of over-the-head, you can choose to cover both of your ears or only one of them.
- One intelligent headset to manage PC, mobile and desk phone calls
- Hot swappable battery for unlimited talk-time (Additional battery sold separately)
- Wireless freedom up to 350-Feet from your desk.Wireless frequency: DECT 6.0
The wireless frequency is managed using DECT 6.0 technology so that no one can eavesdrop on your call or you get an interference because of numerous Wi-Fi signals. This also ensures that you get a range of up to 350 feet in ideal condition. As it allows your smartphone to connect to the base, you can take calls with your smartphone within 33 feet of the main console.
The battery capacity is impressive as it can give you a maximum of 9 hours of talk time. So, you can talk tension-free for a long time. With a headset, you’ll also get the base with a charging cradle. ear cushions, USB cable, telephone interface cable, and a power supply.
- For enhanced and latest security, the headset has a 64-bit encryption system and DECT 6.0 wireless technology.
- This is a lightweight headset weighing only 72 grams so that you won’t feel uncomfortable wearing it for hours.
- The noise cancelation and call clarity features, you can talk with ultimate satisfaction.
- For your ear’s safety, it has Soundguard DIGITAL which suppresses any sudden sound that exceeds 85dBA.
- With all those features, it consumes comparatively less power and supports you with 9 hours of talk time.
7. Plantronics PL-84004-01 Savi W720m Multidevice Headset
You can connect this over-the-head wireless headset to your desk phone, smartphone, and PC. It’s lightweight and you can choose to cover both of your ears with very soft cushions.
- Multidevice Connectivity
- Lightest Wireless Dect Headset
- Noise-canceling Microphone
The wireless frequency is managed using DECT 6.0 technology so that no one can wiretap on your call. Also, you’ll be free from any interference because of countless Wi-Fi signals around you. This also ensures that you get a range of up to 350 feet when there’s no obstruction between you and the base.
The battery capacity is impressive as it can give you a maximum of 9 hours of talk time. This is an expensive headset but quality doesn’t come cheap.
- You can talk with ultimate satisfaction with the noise cancelation and call clarity features.
- It has Soundguard DIGITAL which suppresses any sudden sound that exceeds 85dBA for your ear’s safety.
- It consumes comparatively less power and supports you with 9 hours of talk time even with all those features.
- The headset has a 64-bit encryption system and DECT 6.0 wireless technology to ensure enhanced and latest security.
- This is a lightweight headset so that you won’t feel uncomfortable wearing it for hours and easy-to-use features for professionals.
We think Sennheiser D 10 Phone (506410) is the best wireless headset for a landline phone because it serves the purpose of a wireless headset perfectly with a low price tag. But there is another wireless headset that you should consider if you have a bit higher budget. Order the Jabra PRO 9470 Mono because you can manage calls from different platforms more easily with a touchscreen with a range for the wireless headset that is unbeatable.
Last update on 2020-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API