Do you know what the best setup for your cable internet connection is? We are talking about the setup that includes the best cable modem for Xfinity and the best WiFi router for multiple devices. This combination will surely need cost you a lot of money, but you will within a year or two. It is by saving monthly device rent due to the company.
Moreover, you won’t get such powerful devices that meet your requirements with the rent-device. So, this is a win on multiple levels and want to help you achieve it. From the reviews of real users, we selected 10 amazing routers and reviewed them for your consideration.
10 Best WiFi Router For Multiple Devices of 2021
1. Linksys WRT AC3200 Dual-Band Open Source Router
If you were looking for a high-speed WiFi router, this would satisfy you greatly. If you go to order one, you will see three different models. But we are talking about the WRT3200ACM here, which is a seriously good model with good reviews. We are not defending other models, as those have some significant flaws.
- Linksys WRT AC3200 router has Tri-Stream 160 technology, which means that it can operate on double bandwidth compared to others.
- The MU-MIMO technology is responsible for supporting multiple users which comes built-in with the device.
- With its enterprise-grade 1.8 GHz dual-core processor, you will get fast routing and smooth performance even with heavy traffic.
- For gaming and bufferless HD video streaming on multiple devices, the dual-band WiFi can provide up to 3.2 Gbps speed.
- It comes with a USB-3.0 port and an eSATA port, which will let you add an eSATA or USB hard drive or a printer for increased productivity.
However, this one is capable of providing all basic routing features without causing any trouble. Moreover, if you are capable of firmware customization, you can secure the Router with your own rules as it features open-source firmware. So, you will be able to deploy a lot of advanced features that won’t be possible on other routers.
Linksys gives enough ports and functions to this device so that you can open up new possibilities. For example, with the 4 Gigabit LAN ports, you won’t see any difference between wired and wireless connections. Also, the USB ports will let you set up the fastest file sharing platform that you have ever used. Our experts and a lot of real users recommend this Router to those who are heavy users and need multiple device support.
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router
If you are not satisfied with the best Netgear modem router combo as it can’t support many gadgets, you must go with the best WiFi router for multiple devices and a cable modem. Together, it will be a killer combination, and no members in your home will complain about the speed again.
- It comes with the latest AC4000 standards, which means that you will get up to 4 Gbps speed through tri-band connectivity.
- For handling heavy traffic and ensuring smooth performance, it has a powerful 1.8 GHz dual-core processor.
- It has 6 antennas for covering a wide area, beamforming as well as MU-MIMO technology, smart control, and more.
- With the two USB ports, you will be able to set up a fast-speed local file transfer server and connect a printer.
- The Router comes with all the necessary safety and security features preventing all possible attacks you may face.
You will easily be able to cover an apartment of 3500 square feet with this tri-band Router. This much range has only been possible because of its powerful amplifiers and improved antenna design. You can see the proof of the Router’s performance from the review section before placing the order.
On the other hand, Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Router’s WiFi capabilities are ready for the next technological improvements. If 5G network coverage increases, which undoubtedly will, you will have this router support that much speed. Furthermore, it is perfectly capable of supporting multiple devices without introducing buffer or lag in any service. That is why we highly recommend this one despite its high price tag.
3. D-Link EXO WiFi Router, AC2600
Comparing the features and performance of D-Link EXO AC2600 WiFi Router with the previous 2 models, you won’t see a lot of differences. However, the price of this one is very much affordable, and it won’t disappoint you.
- The dual-band router can provide up to 800 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band and 1733 Mbps in the 5.0 GHz band.
- With its 4×4 data streams and 4 powerful antennas, one can watch 4K/HD video and online gaming seamlessly.
- D-Link DIR 882 AC2600 Router’s dual-core processor can handle the data from both wired and wireless connections without introducing any lag.
- All users in the network can stream high-resolution videos simultaneously as it comes with MU-MIMO technology.
- 2 USB ports will allow you to connect the storage drive and printer for hassle-free file sharing and printing.
For gaming or HD video streaming, you will need a monthly data pack with enough bandwidth and a performing router. This one surely can deliver as you can get up to 2.6 Gbps speed in wireless connections.
Also, D-Link is claiming a long WiFi range, and in reality, their claim checks out. Those long and powerful antennas can cover a large apartment easily. Read the reviews, order one today, and test the speed with free online tools. You won’t have to be a tech expert to realize its capabilities.
4. Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart WiFi Router
There is no way that you can call this a cheap router, but it surely is a low-budget one that has a tri-band feature. Moreover, it has all other features that we saw in routers costing higher than 200 bucks. So, check the best available price now and you will be surprised.
- With the combination of 3 bands, you will get a maximum of 3.2 Gbps speed on the WiFi connections.
- The 1 GHz dual-core processor is more than capable of handling the different data types of several users simultaneously.
- For large area coverage, it has powerful 6 antennas where 3 are built-in inside, and another 3 are on the outside.
- With one USB-3.0 port and another USB-2.0 port, you will be able to connect different devices for increased productivity.
- Linksys EA9200 AC3200 Router also features smart WiFi, smart connect, and other easy-management technologies.
- Its beamforming technology will give you uninterrupted connectivity even when you are moving around the house.
Apart from the price and more bands, it has the latest AC3200 standards for supporting multiple devices at once without compromising any connection. The processor inside is not as powerful as the previous models but enough to support heavy users easily.
We received a lot of negative reviews about this router, but it turns out that the complainants’ routers have backdated firmware. After the update, the issue of connection drop was solved, and they couldn’t complain about anything else. So, you can get this fast-performing router without any hesitation.
5. TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750
For a low price-tag and standard features of a mid-range router, customers like this one as range extender of their existing WiFi network. Yes, mesh WiFi routers are the best solution, but if you have an excellent working condition router, buying TP-LINK AC1750 Router seems to be a cost-effective way.
- The 2.4 GHz band comes with Wireless N standards and the 5 GHz band with Wireless AC standards resulting in a speed up to 1750 Mbps.
- There are 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB-2.0 ports so that you can connect several other devices.
- For impenetrable security, it comes with parental control, all the necessary network firewalls, and a separate guest network.
- With its mobile app or local web server, you can easily configure the Router following its straightforward instruction manual.
- The Archer C7 single-core CPU will ensure smooth and fast data routing even if the users are using multiple web services.
However, you can use this as your primary Router, too, and it has all basic routing features. This 3-antenna router can cover mid-sized homes easily and provide great speed with its dual-band operability.
For the fastest media sharing platform, it has 2 USB ports and the necessary software support in the app. The processor is a single-core that can handle moderate traffic, but you should consider other models if you are a heavy user with streaming services and online gaming.
6. ASUS Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Gaming Router
With the unique antenna and body design, you will think that this is the best WiFi router for multiple devices meant for gamers. Your thinking is right as it not only looks great but also performs as the one everyone desires. One of the main reasons behind its reputation is that ASUS uses 1024 QAM technology, which is 80% faster in the 5 GHz channel than the others.
- With 4T4R enhanced antennas and AiMesh technology, you will get zero-drop connectivity anywhere within its range.
- The dual-band connectivity will give you faster internet speed up to 3167 Mbps.
- Its MU-MIMO technology and fast internet will allow multiple users to stream 4K UHD videos and play online games at the same time.
- Moreover, your gaming won’t be disturbed even in peak hours due to its adaptive QoS feature.
- With a lot of users using different services from the internet, everyone will be protected as the Router comes with AiProtection and parental control.
Furthermore, the 2.4 GHz channel is 66% faster than traditional routers. Moreover, speed is not everything, and we know that it decreases as you go further. But this one has enough range which will give you an uninterrupted coverage in a large apartment. On the other hand, you will have access to its management app that you can install on your smartphone.
The app comes with easy management tools and an intuitive interface. As a result, you won’t have to be a tech genius to configure, monitor, or implement security features. Gamers who have a low budget can seriously consider ASUS AC3100 RT-AC88U Router with multiple device support.
7. Linksys N900 WiFi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router
- Its smart WiFi apps and tools will give you access to the Router from anywhere, making it easy for you to manage the network.
- With parental control and a separate guest network, everyone will be safe from the dark side of the internet.
- On its two bands, you will get up to 450 Mbps + 450 Mbps speed, which is enough for multiple users.
- The Router has Wireless-N technology that uses multiple radios, which ensures faster communication for a long distance.
- The USB port will allow you to share media files between local users in the fastest way possible.
It would have been better if we could get Wireless AC standards. However, we were not disappointed with the performance of Wireless-N technology.
Configuring of the Linksys EA4500 N900 Router was very easy, and we could manage the network effortlessly. With its 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and a USB port, we could connect some other devices and increased our functionalities.
8. ASUS (RT-N16) Wireless-N 300
Asus is a well-reputed brand for a lot of consumer products, and one of them is routers. With this Router in your home or office, you will be able to set a speedy FTP server and an all-in-one print server.
- With Wireless-N technology, you will get a wireless throughput of 300 Mbps.
- There are 2 USB-2.0 ports that will allow you to add a printer and a storage drive to the network.
- It also has 4 Gigabit LAN ports and a WAN port, which will also give you a lot of wired connections.
- With a separate guest SSID and multiple user support, you can consider it for your large home.
- It has 3 very powerful antennas and operates on 2.4 GHz band, which ensures stable connection over a long-range.
That is how you can increase the productivity of your office employees. Moreover, the setup process of the Router the servers is very easy, and any non-technical person can do it easily.
The Router looks sleek, and its 3 external antennas are very capable. You can rely on its performance for years and have a reliable WiFi connection in your home.
9. TP-Link AC3200 Wireless WiFi Tri-Band Gigabit Router
You can also consider this as one of the best WiFi routers for multiple devices as it has the same features and performance as the Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart WiFi Router reviewed above. Both are amazing routers with great specs and won’t cost you much.
- Tri-band connectivity is particularly helpful for fast browsing because it can balance the load of multiple users.
- It comes with 6 high-performing external antennas and beamforming technology for a steady and reliable connection.
- With a 1 GHz dual-core processor and its 3 co-processors, it can deliver smooth gaming and streaming experiences.
- With a combination of WiFi technologies and powerful modules, you will have wireless speed up to 3.2 Gbps.
- Configuring and maintaining the Router is easy as it comes with a user-friendly web-interface and mobile app.
The only difference you will notice is that the TP Link Archer C3200 has all 6 antennas mounted on the outside. Furthermore, the dual-core processor has 3 co-processors so that multiple devices can have stream services without any buffering.
It will also ensure that other connected media through the Gigabit Ethernets and USB ports get the same speed as the wireless connections. You can have a video call and move around the house within the Router’s range, and the connection won’t get dropped due to its beamforming technology.
10. TP-Link AC3150 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router
If you don’t mind WiFi connectivity over 2 bands, the TP-Link Archer C3150 will be the best budget-friendly WiFi router that is capable of supporting multiple devices at the same time. Also, it comes with MU-MIMO technology and great speed in its dual-band WiFi network.
- It comes with a NitroQAM technology that can ensure up to 3.15 Gbps speed over its 2 bands.
- The 4 streams and MU-MIMO technology ensure that you can connect multiple devices and take the services at full speed.
- With its dual-core 1.4 GHz processor, you surely will have a multi-tasking capability on multiple devices.
- The USB ports are capable of connecting more devices, and the software will provide the platform for file sharing.
- The TP-Link Tether app is available for both Android and iOS that will give you quick access to the Router’s management portal.
For the price, you will be getting a more powerful processor than other high-priced models. Furthermore, it comes with a quality of service feature so that you don’t ever face buffering while playing online games.
The dark side of the internet is that routers once were the most vulnerable devices. But over the years, the firewalls have been upgraded, and this one comes with the latest TP-Link HomeCare protection. As a result, you won’t have to worry about the security of your home internet and privacy anymore.
What is the best WiFi router for multiple devices?
We reviewed some of the best modem router combos for Comcast, but the feedback from the readers was mixed. Many of them complained that the combos couldn’t perform well under pressure on multiple devices.
That is why we are here to find out the best Router that can support multiple devices. But if you have another parameter to consider seriously which is to cover a large area also, you should find the best mesh WiFi system. Now, let’s jump into the characteristics that you need to ensure to buy the best Router for several devices.
The first feature to look for is MU-MIMO technology. MIMO means multiple inputs and multiple outputs, which is for one device only. What it does is use more than one antenna to ensure fast communication. For multiple users, a router must have MU-MIMO, and you will get the same performance as a single connected device in case of numerous connectivity.
Dual-Band vs. Tri-Band
Dual-band uses one 2.4 GHz channel and one 5 GHz channel where tri-band uses one 2.4 GHz and two 5 GHz channels. As a result, during network congestion, the Router can utilize all three bands for load balancing. This will ensure a zero effect on the speed, even if multiple users are consuming data heavily.
After that, you will need to look for the wireless standards used in your preferred Router. If the model includes AC, it means that you will get the latest WiFi technology. The improved WiFi technology is capable of supporting multiple users with its wide bandwidth and optimized traffic handling techniques.
Quality of Service
Almost all routers come with this feature, but you should check it anyway. Quality of service means when multiple users are connected, and the Router is getting traffic more than it can handle, it prioritizes the data type and acts accordingly. As a result, those who are gaming or streaming HD videos don’t see any lag or buffer.
The processor inside a router plays a crucial role in routing the data packets. In simpler words, multiple users can experience smooth and fast internet browsing speed when the processor can handle it. Multiple factors affect the browsing experience, and having a powerful CPU is a vital one.
With multiple users, there come some security threats. So, these routers need to have some security features like separate guest login, parental control, and several other firewalls.
Keep those factors in mind, and you will be able to choose the perfect one for yourself. But many of our readers are busy with other important things. So, our team has left some recommendations below, and you can rely on them.
We tested and reviewed a lot of devices and saw that the best WiFi router for multiple devices is NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S. However, we liked another model too, which is Linksys WRT AC3200 that costs a bit less. Both of them will impress you with their performance, and you can order any of them today.
- 10 Best WiFi Router For Multiple Devices of 2021
- 1. Linksys WRT AC3200 Dual-Band Open Source Router
- 2. NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router
- 3. D-Link EXO WiFi Router, AC2600
- 4. Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart WiFi Router
- 5. TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750
- 6. ASUS Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Gaming Router
- 7. Linksys N900 WiFi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router
- 8. ASUS (RT-N16) Wireless-N 300
- 9. TP-Link AC3200 Wireless WiFi Tri-Band Gigabit Router
- 10. TP-Link AC3150 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router
- What is the best WiFi router for multiple devices?
- Final Verdict