Movie time won’t be complete without a TV with the best video quality and great sound. Gone are the days when you have to hook up five or seven different speakers to your flat screen. Now, you only need one: a soundbar. A soundbar delivers excellent audio quality without having to connect your TV to a home theater system. And if you have a large room, there’s no stopping you from using this type of speaker. Here is a list of the best soundbar for a large rooms that you should check out this 2021.
But before you go through the overall review to discover which is the best soundbar for a large rooms based on your budget, below I have compared 2 best soundbar models from the top 7 list, which you can consider if any of them fits your preference.
Compare JBL Bar 5.1 4K Soundbar and Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4 Soundbar
|JBL Bar 5.1 4K Soundbar||Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4 Soundbar|
|JBL Bar 5.1 Wireless Surround Speaker features a soundbar for watching blockbuster films and having a theatre feel.||Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite Surround Speaker Dual 8 wireless subwoofers which provides you ground-shaking grumble.|
|This Surround speaker operates on two detachable batteries for providing you service up to 10 hours.||This surround speaker features two-way rear speakers so that users can have crystal clear sound and dynamic sound.|
|This very speaker assumes you to turn the switch on for having sound from TV and sound from phone and tablet at the same time.||This surround speaker is capable of creating 355 wider soundstage compared to other traditional soundbars.|
|With its bluetooth connectivity you can stream all the music wirelessly from any device. In this way you can maximize your home entertainment.||Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite Surround Speaker includes advanced connectivity with smartphone and TV.|
|JBL Bar 5.1 includes Dolby Pro Logic II for having the best-quality sound to be amused with movies, music and games.||With this Surround speaker you can watch Netflix also. It offers you 110dB max gain for extreme loud sound.|
|Check Price||Check Price|
7 Best Soundbar For Large Rooms in 2021
1. JBLBAR51BLK soundbar for large room
The JBL BAR 5.1 offers true 5.1 wireless surround sound plus 4K connectivity and easy Bluetooth streaming. You can seamlessly connect to this soundbar via Bluetooth; no need to use wires which will only take so much of your time to do. The BAR 5.1 is compatible with battery-powered wireless surround speakers. These wireless speakers offer up to 10 hours of playtime and you’ll get top-quality audio for movies, music, and games. Just connect these wireless speakers to each end of the soundbar or place these anywhere to enjoy music or movies.
Key Features of the JBLBAR51BLK sound-bar
- This is a 5.1 soundbar speaker; transforms to true wireless 5.1 HTS
- With two removable battery-operated surround speakers
- Wireless surround speakers have 10 hours of playtime.
- 510W total power and comes with 3 HDMI for 4K devices
- Compatible with Dolby Digital, Pro Logic II, and DTS.
- With a wireless subwoofer With Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Comes with Ture Wireless surround speakers and subwoofer (soundbar + surround speakers + subwoofer + remote control)
- Dimensions: 59.06 x 39.37 x 35.43 inches, 37.30 pounds
This JBL soundbar also connects to a 10-inch wireless subwoofer. You can place this subwoofer anywhere in your room with no need to install wiring. You can use this even in a large room. It connects via Bluetooth to any compatible device. It is also easier to switch from your TV to music you’re playing on your device with the JBL Soundshift feature.
Also, this JBL Soundbar is ultra HD compatible as it can connect to any 4K capable devices. This soundbar also works with your existing TV remote. With just a few adjustments, you can control the TV and the soundbar using the TV remote. There’s no need to install anything with this JBL soundbar as everything, even the subwoofer and surround speakers are wireless.
2. Bose 767520-1100 soundbar for large room
Bose is one of the most trusted names in speakers and anything audio-related. When it’s Bose, it has to be top quality, like the Bose SoundTouch 300 soundbar. This is a soundbar for large rooms as it lets you take charge of all your music as you can connect using your smartphone, laptop, or tablet via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. You can also listen to the best music services such as Spotify. Inside this powerful Bose Soundbar is the Acoustimass 300 bass system which offers deep bass minus any distortion.
As a soundbar lacks surround sound, it is compatible with Virtually Invisible 300 surround sound speakers which are positioned at the back of the room. The Bose soundbar together with the surround speaker makes a great theater experience especially when you’re in a large room.
Key Features of tthe Bose 767520-1100 Soundbar
- With premium, high-quality glass and metal speaker grille
- HDMI and 4K video pass-through compatible
- Connects using Bluetooth and NFC pairing and Wi-Fi
- Will work through Alexa voice control
- Supports Dolby Digital and DTS audio formats
- Use this speaker to listen to Spotify, Amazon Music, and Pandora among others
- With an audio room calibration feature to let you work this in a large room.
- Compatible with an Acoustimass 300 wireless bass module
- This product is soundbar only, no additional speakers
- Dimensions: 4.25 x 38.50 x 2.25 inches, 12.60 pounds
The SoundTouch 300 soundbar connects wirelessly to compatible devices via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi plus it also pairs well with Alexa through any Alexa-enabled device such as the Echo Dot. Simply open the app for Alexa and look for Bose in Alexa’s skills menu and just complete the simple setup. You will be commanding the SoundTouch with Alexa in no time. And as with all soundbars, the SoundTouch 300 does not require any special installation steps. This soundbar saves you time and effort plus, you’ll get to enjoy your music in no time.
3. Nakamichi Shockwave Elite 7.2 soundbar for large room
The Nakamichi Shockwave Elite is more than a soundbar but a 7.2.4-channel Dolby Atmos soundbar that comes with a complete set of speakers. You’ll get the soundbar plus two 8-inch wireless subwoofers and two rear surround sound speakers. This soundbar was developed for all kinds of TVs including OLEDs, QLEDs, and high definition televisions. No need to connect everything with wires because this is an easy to use, plug-and-play system that mimics the life-like bass and surrounds sound like a real cinema. You’ll love its cinema surround sound that will fill your large room in just a few minutes.
Key Features of the
- 7.2.4 channel
- 800 watts
- Dolby Atmos Technology
- Can produce True 360 degrees Premium Cinema Sound
- Produces impressive bass
- With hi-frequency tweeter and a full-range driver
- With 35% wider sound stage area
- Compatible with Dolby Vision and latest 4K HDR formats
- Uses Bluetooth aptX
- Comes with a subwoofer and rear surround speakers (soundbar + remote + subwoofer and rear surround speakers)
- Dimensions: soundbar is 45.5 x 3.5 x 3.0 inches, 7.3 pounds, subwoofer is 9.5 x 12 x 20.5 inches, 19.0 pounds each, rear speaker is 5. X 5.4 x 8.0 inches, 2.8 pounds each
You’ll get excellent bass that is far better than other soundbars because it has two 8-inch wireless subwoofers that will improve your music enjoyment. Get sound coming from all directions as this soundbar gets sounds coming from all directions just like you will experience in a real cinema. This offers complete 360-degree 7.2.4-channel cinema performance.
This soundbar also provides a wider soundstage area at 35 percent wider. With the full-range driver and hi-frequency tweeter, you can unlock all the hidden surround sound details. Sounds from this soundbar offer wired quality but will be streamed wirelessly. As with all the other soundbars, the Nakamichi Shockwave is very easy to install and use. No need for complicated wiring as everything connects to this soundbar wirelessly.
4. Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim soundbar for large room
The Polk Audio Signa S2 is a very slim TV soundbar that’s compatible with 4K and high definition TVs. Just like other Polk Audio speakers, this soundbar offers impressive large room surround sound that’s many times better than regular TV speakers. Aside from 4K and high definition TVs, you will enjoy the best sound with great clarity and contrast. Your purchase comes with all the cables you need for a fast and easy setup. You will get optical cables and HDMIs.
This best soundbar for large open room is blessed with the Polk Adjust Technology which lets you customize your voice so it appears clear and crisp no matter where you are. This also has built-in Bluetooth so you can stream from your smartphone laptop, tablet, or any compatible device.
Key features of the Polk Audio Signa S2 soundbar
- Premiums soundbar with wireless subwoofer and full-range drivers
- With voice-adjust feature and Dolby Digital decoding
- Compatible with 4K and High definition TVs
- With Polk Adjust Technology and stream audio wirelessly
- This product comes with a wireless subwoofer (soundbar + subwoofer)
- Dimensions: 3.22 x 35.43 x 2.15 inches, 3.90 pounds
It comes with a compact, easy to use wireless subwoofer that can produce the best deepest bass for that entire room audio experience. The Polk Audio Signa S2 offers total wireless music enjoyment. It even streams audio from your TV, favorite mobile device, or from other wireless sources. And even if you have devices that cannot connect wirelessly, you may still connect to this soundbar as it is capable of HDMI and optical cable connectivity.
5. Sonos Playbar Mountable Sound Bar for large room
The Sonos Playbar was created and tuned by sound engineers to consider t natural sound of the human voice. It is one of the easiest to set up with just a couple of cords and easy automatic remote detection of your preferred wires device like your mobile device, tablet, or laptop.
You can easily create your own system by connecting this speaker with other devices around your home over Wi-Fi. Use this soundbar with the Sonos S2. This an app that will connect all voice, streaming, and control services so you can easily browse all media like podcasts, radio, music, and audiobooks.
Key features of the Sonos Playbar soundbar
- A mountable soundbar ideal for music, movies, and games
- Enjoy great bass and dialogue
- You can control this soundbar using the Sonos App
- With automatic tuning and connects with other room speakers through Wi-Fi
- Easy setup, step by step instructions
- This product has no additional speakers, only the soundbar
- Dimensions: 35.50 x 5.60 x 3.40 inches, 11.90 pounds
This large soundbar is sleek, easy to use, and easy to install. You can choose from a 3.1 set, a 5.1 surround set in black or white, and the Playbar plus the mount. You can mount this on a wall under the TV, just like where most soundbars or you may just place it on a wide table at the bottom of the TV for easy access. Forget about wires with this Sonos S2 soundbar as everything is connected using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. No need to connect using wires and guaranteed that you won’t lose sound quality with wireless connections.
6. Yamaha Audio YAS-209BL Sound Bar for large room
Another audio brand is Yamaha and for improved audio enjoyment, it has developed the YAS-209BL soundbar. This speaker offers cinema-quality sound to match movies, games, and music all in a sleek, streamlined setup.
This soundbar has built-in Alexa and thus, controlling the soundbar is easy as you can control the volume, sound quality, and other settings. Alexa also helps you control all compatible devices including climate-control devices, security alarms, clocks, and other entertainment devices. Aside from Alexa, the YAS-209BL also comes with a subwoofer, another wireless speaker that you can set up anywhere inside your large room. This subwoofer gives you theater-like audio enjoyment.
Key features of the Yamaha Audio YAS-209BL Sound Bar
- Connects wirelessly or via HDMI or optical cable
- Comes with a subwoofer, fast automatic subwoofer connectivity
- Compatible with Alexa voice control with DTS Virtual: X 3D surround sound
- Play music from your device or through music subscription sites like Spotify and Amazon Music
- Connects via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or use Spotify Connect
- Available in a soundbar with a wireless subwoofer
- Dimensions: 2.44 x 4.29 x 36.60 inches, 20 pounds
This Yamaha speaker has a variety of unique features. It comes with the Clear Voice feature that helps you hear the dialogues in a movie by taking the conversation closer to you. You will be able to hear subtle voices just like you’re actually there. This soundbar is also equipped with the DTS Virtual:X, sound effects for that lifelike and spacious effects.
And this soundbar is not just for TV. You can use this to play your music from subscription sites like Amazon Music, Spotify, and more. Connect your other devices via Bluetooth or through Wi-Fi and enjoy wireless streaming of your favorite music from anywhere in the room.
7. LG SL5Y 2.1 Sound Bar for large room
The LG SL5Y is a soundbar that can replace your original home theater setup. Popular for being one of the best soundbars for large rooms, it boasts great audio quality and sleek design which will fill your room with surround sound through its 2.1 channel DTS Virtual X. It’s so easy to connect to this LG high-resolution soundbar as everything is wireless.
It comes with Bluetooth 4.2 which provides the best range and is the most reliable. You can connect to any TV or device using Bluetooth or Sound Sync with most LG TV models. The SL5Y is sleek and powerful and thus, recommended for all LG TVs. The design will surely match any modern home interior décor as you can mount it together with a wall-mounted TV or place it under a cabinet or a stand.
Key features of the LG SL5Y soundbar
- Provides 2.1 channel DTS Virtual X
- Comes with Bluetooth 4.2 to connect to any Bluetooth capable device
- Connects via LG Sound Sync to selected LG TVs
- With a sleek and modern design
- With leading audio processing 24-bit/96 kHz audio and connects to other LG wireless rear speaker
- Automatically reduces volume during commercials or for different audio profiles
- Available in soundbar only and soundbar with (black or white) Bluetooth speaker
- Dimensions: 35 x 3.30 x 2.20 inches, 16.90 pounds
With the SL5Y, you’ll get audio that’s close to the actual sound. Because this is LG, it comes with the most updated audio processing system that gives you clear and crisp 24-bit over 96kHz sound resolution. Even the highest quality music files are compatible with this soundbar. This soundbar is also compatible with other wireless speaker components like a wireless rear speaker. Add this speaker to your soundbar to enjoy cinematic surround audio even in a large room.
You can get the SL5Y ala carte or get the optional kit, the SPK8-S, which comes with the receiver unit which links with different LG Sound Bars. Just place these speakers behind you or at the back of the room and enjoy it. And are you tired of loud commercials? This LG soundbar is a smart device that will automatically lower the volume when it spots a commercial break. It also lowers the volume to give you the best audio experience. From an action scene to a dramatic scene or from a loud sporting event to a commercial break, it will reduce volume levels for you.
In choosing the best soundbar for large room, it’s best to consider some factors. First, the type or brand of TV you want to use it with as most soundbars are compatible only with the most common or the most popular brands of TVs. Also, most soundbars work with a large room, but, with a complete setup. This means the soundbar has to connect with other speakers like a subwoofer and surround speakers to provide the best audio experience.
Lastly, speaker placement is a huge factor. The soundbar is a center and stereo speakers so it needs to be at the front, just underneath the TV would do. Other speakers must be placed correctly around the listener to provide the best sound. This is true for movies, music, and gaming.
- 7 Best Soundbar For Large Rooms in 2021
- 1. JBLBAR51BLK soundbar for large room
- 2. Bose 767520-1100 soundbar for large room
- 3. Nakamichi Shockwave Elite 7.2 soundbar for large room
- 4. Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim soundbar for large room
- 5. Sonos Playbar Mountable Sound Bar for large room
- 6. Yamaha Audio YAS-209BL Sound Bar for large room
- 7. LG SL5Y 2.1 Sound Bar for large room
- Final Verdict