Finding the best routers for Verizon FiOS is not that tough, and it won’t take you more than 5 minutes. But choosing one with multiple connectivity options, better performance, and low price is not that easy.
That is why we researched a lot and gathered 7 amazing routers for your home or office. Apart from that, we have already reviewed the best modem router combo for Comcast, but the combos here can benefit you more. Let’s get started with the router reviews.
7 Best Routers for Verizon FiOS
1. Verizon Fios Gateway AC1750 WiFi (G1100)
With the price of this device, you won’t get another powerful router like this one. But don’t think that this is a replica seeing the price. It is because this one is a refurbished router and certified by tech professionals.
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to work properly. The product will have minor...
- It follows the AC1750 standards that are 3 times faster than the previous version and can give you up to 1.75 Gbps wireless download speed.
- For fast and smooth wired and wireless data handling, the router has a dual-core processor.
- The Gigabit Ethernet ports will give you the same Gigabit speed as the wireless connections.
- With the USB port, you can connect a mass storage device to the router for the fastest local file sharing platform.
- With powerful amplifiers and modified antennas, you can get a range all over your mid-sized home.
So, it won’t fail you when it comes to a high-speed internet connection. Moreover, it will also save your monthly device rent, and at the end of the year, you will profit by buying this one. And the best part is that you will own this device that will serve you for more years. Furthermore, it comes with a HAN expansion port that can connect more peripheral devices.
The range of this router is great, and it is capable of covering a small or mid-sized room. WiFi AC standards are the latest and widely used technology that can give you the maximum speed possible. If you upgrade your internet connection with more speed, you can be assured that this router will support you.
2. Verizon FiOS Quantum Gateway AC1750
The price of this model is double than the previous version because it is a brand-new device. You can get the maximum performance from it over several years. So, the money you will save per month by not paying the monthly device rent will be a huge amount.
- More signal strength for reliable, continual connectivity to the FiOS network
- Up to 800 Mbps* speeds for faster surfing, streaming and gaming
- Up to 325 feet* of coverage in and around your home
- This model comes with a modified antenna that can cover up to 325 square feet that can cover small apartments.
- The dual-core processor and other powerful routing components perform smoothly even when the network is busy.
- The wirelessly connected devices can provide bandwidth up to 1750 Mbps for downloading.
- The wired connections are also capable of providing the speed like wireless connections with its Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Moreover, the USB port will let you connect a printer or a mass storage device that can save you a lot of time.
Apart from that, we need to consider the performance seriously. Because without a good performing router, everything will be in vain. You can buy it without any doubt as it comes with dual-band operability and a dual-core processor.
Both are important to ensure the maximum speed over the wireless network. Those 2 bands will make sure that the devices are connected to the fastest available channel. As a result, the full speed of the throughput will be available to use for bufferless HD video streaming and online gaming.
3. MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM4-COMBO 4G/LTE Router
From Mofi Network, this model is preferred by our team of experts and selected as the best router for Verizon FiOS on this list. For those who have no problem managing any budget and need a fast-performing combo, this one will be the perfect one for them.
- 4G LTE Rugged Metal Enterprise Router with Embedded SIM for AT&T or T-Mobile including band 12
- Verizon Sprint TMobile LTE2 LTE Advanced Cellular Modem
- T-Mobile recommends using this router as this is the best and fastest product on T-Mobile
- It comes with 2 upgraded cellular antennas that you will find in the package for a more reliable connection to the nearest tower.
- You can expect a fast internet connection based on your monthly internet package and the router’s WiFi technology.
- The manufacturer can provide premium features like failover support, IP Pass-Through, IPSEC VPN, and many more.
- The combo can connect to multiple bands so that you get the maximum speed during network congestion.
- Among the 4 antennas, 2 work for the cellular network and 2 work for the fast WiFi connections.
It supports LTE bands for the fastest internet connections, and you can get the services from any major carriers in the US. On the routing part, you will get a wide bandwidth and a powerful processor. As a result, you will get high download speed over wired and wireless connections.
Furthermore, the antennas are capable of providing an extended range. And you can extend the range even more with its wireless repeater mode. Anyone can buy this combo for their home where broadband internet service is not that good. You won’t have to worry about security and privacy as it has all the necessary firewalls and encrypted communication system.
4. Actiontec Verizon Fios Wireless N Router
We saw the price and immediately thought this shouldn’t be on our list. The thought was wrong as it comes with some amazing features considering the price and its competitor models. The most amazing feature is that it comes with a 64-bit dual-core processor.
- Actiontec MI424WR Verizon Fios Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router 4 Port Gigabit
- Dual Band Wireless both 2.4 GHz
- Gigabit Ethernet interfaces (WAN and LAN) - High speed wired connection. 10/100/1000
- The WiFi operates on 2 bands where one is 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz.
- On the back, 4 Ethernet ports will allow you to connect more wired devices.
- The USB port will let you set up a local FTP with high-speed wireless transfer rates.
- As it has DLNA compatibility, you will be able to connect a TV or other similar devices.
- The router has all security features to protect your devices from all sorts of attacks.
With the processor, you will be able to get the maximum speed capacity on both wired and wireless connections. Moreover, the speed won’t deteriorate because of different types of data, services, and connections.
However, don’t expect too much like Gigabit speed on the routing side and more than 100 Mbps download speed from your service provider because this router is designed to support home WiFi that has up to 100 Mbps WAN connection. But the range might not be up to your expectations, and you can get the best mesh WiFi system.
5. FIOS Verizon Gateway FIOS Quantum-G1100
This is the perfect gateway for your Verizon connection and, most probably, the best in the market. The reason is that it has a versatile networking capability with coaxial cables, Ethernet, or WiFi.
- FRONTIER is Now the FiOS Provider in most of the continental U.S states.FRONTIER/Verizon FiOS...
- FiOS FRONTIER Gateway G-1100FT supports networking using coaxial cables, Ethernet, or Wi-Fi, making...
- System and software requirements are:A computer or other network device supporting Wi-Fi or wired...
- You can use it in your home or office because if its versatile connectivity over different types of ports.
- The Gigabit Ethernet ports used are on the LAN and WAN connectivity so that you get the highest throughput.
- The WiFi part comes with AC technologies so that multiple devices can be connected.
- With its latest technologies and improved antenna design, you can get decent coverage.
- The security of this router is very strong, allowing safe internet browsing and secure connections inside the home or office network.
To configure the device and set up the internet connection, you will need a computer or smartphone and connect it. After that, you can log in to its local web server using a web browser. From the browser, you will be able to quickly configure it and set your preferences following the setup instructions.
After everything has been done, you can use internet services with its fast WiFi connection and powerful processor. Security is also a concern that this router confirms with all the necessary firewalls and encryption protections.
6. Arris NVG468MQ 802.11ac WiFi and MoCA®2.0 Frontier
This one also got our attention, and it might also appear to be one of the best routers for Verizon FiOS to you. The previous model has different ports for internet connectivity, and so does this one. But the difference is in the price, and this one will cost you far less.
- Windstream-Arris-NVG468MQ Frontier 2017 firmware BETTER G1100
- It has a coax cable port so that you can get internet and TV service through a cable connection.
- With an internet connection through Ethernet cable and a MOCA adapter, you can stream videos without any buffer.
- The USB port will let you have a local file sharing platform or connect a printer to give print command wirelessly.
- The router operates on the 5.0 GHz band, which is less exposed to other wireless signals.
- With a powerful processor and advanced communication modules, you will get a smooth browsing experience.
That doesn’t mean that you will get a not-so-satisfactory performance from this one. The real users and verified customers gave positive reviews and better opinions on this one. For an internet connection speed of 100 Mbps on the provider’s end, this is a perfect router.
On the other hand, the WiFi signal travels through a 5 GHz band for which you will get an interruption-free connection. This is a perfect router for a small home in areas where broadband connection service is not so good or speedy. For more coverage, you can check out our Google mesh WiFi review.
7. Novatel / Verizon 4G LTE Broadband Router
Here we got another modem router combo that will blow your mind. If you are thinking about getting the best cable modem for Xfinity, you should think again. Because this one can give you more features than a modem at a lower price.
- Connect up to 10 Wi–Fi enabled devices and up to 3 Ethernet devices to 4G LTE
- Connect your wired phone and make calls–no need for professional installation
- Touch–navigation keys for easy access to important info including passwords, signal strength, data...
- You can select any suitable Verizon unlimited monthly internet plan and use it with this router.
- This device can handle voice data, and you can take calls connecting a landline phone to it.
- Its WiFi network and Ethernet ports will allow you to connect multiple devices and use multiple services at the same time.
- It has a power backup system so that you can make calls and use the internet during a power outage.
- The antennas and amplifiers are powerful enough to cover more than 1500 square feet.
However, don’t think that you will get a low-performing problematic device that isn’t capable of speedy internet connection. This combo can provide not only a fast internet connection but also a voice connection.
So, it will work as an allrounder device that no other combo on this list can give you. For unlocking all these features, you will have to take a single individual device or shared data plan from Verizon Wireless.
What is the best router for Verizon FiOS?
There are several characteristics to know that a router is perfect for your Verizon Wireless internet connection. Let’s see how you can find the best router for Verizon FiOS in case any of the routers above doesn’t meet your requirements.
- Like any router, you will have to first see the WiFi standards because multiple user support, wide-area coverage, and smoothness depends on it. The most commonly used standards are wireless N and AC, where AC is the latest technology. You will see that all of our selected models come with Wireless AC standards.
- With fast wireless connectivity, you will also have to ensure fast wired connections. That is why you have to choose the routers with Gigabit Ethernet ports instead of 100 Mbps ports. Also, our list has the routers with at least 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- After that, look for the availability of a USB port or two. It will give you the option to add a hard drive to the network and set up the fastest file sharing platform in your home or office network.
- Then, check for other port types and choose a router according to your specific requirements.
- Finally, read the reviews to know the coverage capability of the selected router in real life. If you don’t do that, you will regret buying one and blame the reviews. So, choose and place an order according to your apartment size.
Among the 7 best routers for Verizon FiOS, we think that MOFI4500 COMBO 4G/LTE Router deserves our recommendation. Not only us but also a lot of users rely on this combo. The price is a bit high because of its premium quality. But there is another option for those with a lower budget. The Novatel / Verizon 4G LTE Broadband Router is that budget-friendly router that amazed us with its features and capabilities. So, order a combo today and enjoy a fast internet connection from Verizon Wireless.
Last update on 2020-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 7 Best Routers for Verizon FiOS
- 1. Verizon Fios Gateway AC1750 WiFi (G1100)
- 2. Verizon FiOS Quantum Gateway AC1750
- 3. MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM4-COMBO 4G/LTE Router
- 4. Actiontec Verizon Fios Wireless N Router
- 5. FIOS Verizon Gateway FIOS Quantum-G1100
- 6. Arris NVG468MQ 802.11ac WiFi and MoCA®2.0 Frontier
- 7. Novatel / Verizon 4G LTE Broadband Router
- What is the best router for Verizon FiOS?