Spectrum is another big name in the cable internet service industry. A lot of people take their services for some unique features and plans. For a lot of our readers using their cable internet service, we have researched and gathered 7 of the best routers for Spectrum.
Some need speed, some need coverage, and some need both with some extra features. That is why we listed different models with different facilities. Go through the reviews and pick the one that you think suits the best for your situation.
7 Best Routers For Spectrum of 2020
Take a look of the 7 best spectrum compatible modems of 2020.
1. NETGEAR Cable Modem CM600
We have reviewed some of the best cable modems for Xfinity, and this one is one of them. Not only Spectrum but also all major cable providers support the CM600. So, you can get this modem and a router and expect the best performance.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast,...
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model CM600 replaces your cable modem saving you up to $168/yr in...
- BUILT FOR FAST SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 400 Mbps speed.
- The modem is capable of handling monthly internet packages with speeds up to 400 Mbps.
- The Gigabit Ethernet port can support your router or PC with the highest possible speed at any time.
- The DOCSIS 3.0 technology of this modem ensures 24 downstream and 8 upstream channel bonding.
- Setting up the modem and configuring it is very easy and takes no more than 5 minutes.
- It comes with all the necessary firewalls and security features so that no one can breach your home network’s privacy.
We often hear about combos not being suitable for large area coverage. So, we are here with a modem and keeping the option for getting a mesh WiFi system open. Netgear CM600 Spectrum modem router has all the latest technologies so that you can use it for many years. Many other modems will not support you when the technology gets upgraded.
It comes with a Gigabit Ethernet port, and you can connect any router to it. The connection is capable of high-speed data and won’t compromise the speed of the throughput. So, you won’t get a slower internet connection because of the devices at your end.
2. ARRIS SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
If the previous model can’t satisfy you with speed, you can check this one out. With more downstream channels, you can subscribe to a faster internet connection. Moreover, the technology used in this modem is the latest, and you can use this for many years.
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Not...
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 600 Mbps
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3.0 bonded channels
- With Spectrum subscription, you can take their service up to 400 Mbps, which is more than enough for homes.
- You can stream HD content and play online games without any lag because of its 32 downstream channels.
- The DOCSIS 3.0 technology makes sure that you get the fastest speed and a reliable connection.
- It has a Gigabit Ethernet port that can connect to your PC or a router for using the internet on more devices.
- Setting up the device is very easy that involves only plugging in the cable and power adapter.
This Arris Surfboard SB6190 model comes with basic modem features that will give you the best performance. You will only have to buy the best router to match the performance and have a killer combo. This setup will solve both speed and coverage problems for large homes.
Investing in this device for one time will make you gainer. Stop paying the monthly device rent and buy one of these. After a year of not paying the monthly bill, you will see that the amount is more than the modem costs. Moreover, at the end of the year, you will own this device and save even more.
3. MOTOROLA MG7550 Modem Router Combo
By popular choice, this is one of the best routers for Spectrum, and we rely on it. If you check our previously covered best modem router combos for Comcast, you will notice that this model is one of them. With this combo, you can be assured that any provider in your area will support its technology.
- 16x4 686 Mbps DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem gateway with a built-in AC1600 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)...
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox,...
- High-speed wireless router with AC1900 WiFi and Power Boost provides Internet access for wireless n,...
- The WiFi signal operates on 2 bands to ensure the fastest wireless connectivity regardless of congestion or other frequencies.
- Its 16×4 channel bonding will give you a maximum cable internet speed of 686 Mbps.
- It supports wireless devices with previous WiFi versions up to AC standards so that you can use any device in the network.
- From the wireless connections, you can have a maximum of 1.9 Gbps download speed ensured by 2 bands and beamforming features.
- It comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and WPS feature so that you can have wired connections that are faster and protected.
Motorola MG7550 cable modem router has DOCSIS 3.0 for cable and AC1900 for WiFi connectivity, which is the latest. As a result, you will be able to opt for a faster internet connection and get the speed across devices in your house. The router is capable of providing Gigabit wireless download speed.
Also, its powerful amplifiers and modified built-in antenna design let it cover a large area. So, this can be the perfect combo for a large home with lots of devices. For smooth and reliable connections, it has a beamforming feature and 5.0 GHz operability.
4. ARRIS Surfboard Modem
The Surfboard model you have previously seen on this list is only a modem, and this one is a combo. So, you won’t have to spend any extra money on internet connection and wireless coverage. Arris Surfboard AC1600 SBG10 modem router combo is compatible with almost all of the major cable internet service providers.
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 0 Cable Modem, AC1600 dual-band Wi-Fi Router, 2 Port Gigabit Ethernet...
- Compatible with major U S Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable...
- 16 downstream & 4 upstream channels. Best for cable internet service plans up to 400 Mbps.
- The router maintains AC1600 standards that will give you download speed up to 1.6 Gbps.
- There are 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports for the same speed as the wireless connections.
- It comes with WiFi beamforming technology that will ensure maximum coverage and performance.
- The combo is perfectly capable of supporting connections with a speed of 300 Mbps.
- This device comes with all the necessary firewalls and security features so that none of your connected device’s privacy is compromised.
For a very low price, you will be getting a modem, a WiFi router, and a Gigabit Ethernet switch. So, that is a win on multiple points because the price it will be covered by not paying a year’s monthly device rent. The modem and the router both are powerful enough to let you purchase a speedy internet connection.
For multiple device connectivity, the router operates on 2 different bands. Its 2.4 GHz band can give you a speed up to 300 Mbps and the 5 GHz band up to 1300 Mbps. The first band will provide you with more coverage and a reliable connection where the second one is for short distances and higher speed. Together, you will get a secure and reliable WiFi network in your home.
5. NETGEAR C3000-100NAS N300 Cable Modem Router
For the price and other features, we accepted its wireless N standard. Otherwise, it couldn’t make it on this list. If you have a small home and not many requirements for home WiFi, you must get this one instead of spending hundreds of dollars.
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more; Double firewall protection...
- Three in one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + N300 WiFi Router+ 2 Gigabit Wired Switch. ELIMINTE MONTHLY...
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- The DOCSIS 3.0 version on this device is 8 times faster than the previous version that is up to 340 Mbps.
- You can connect a USB hard drive to the combo to create a fast and reliable file sharing server over the wireless network.
- For security, it has parental controls, separate guest login, and encrypted WiFi connectivity.
- On its back, there are 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports for speedy wired connections than wireless ones.
- With the Genie app, you can configure and manage your home network easily.
The combo comes with a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and an N300 WiFi router that can easily cover a small apartment. The modem supports the cable connection from all major service providers in the US.
On the other hand, the router will give you a wireless connection speed of 300 Mbps, which is enough for 2 to 4 membered families. As it operates on the 2.4 GHz channel, you will get coverage for a large area. After unboxing the device, you will have to download and install the Genie app to set up and configure quickly.
6. NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo
Like the Motorola model on top, this is also one of the best routers for Spectrum that our team recommends. If you call this the best Netgear modem router combo, it won’t be a false statement. The reason is its powerful modem part and routing capabilities.
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast,...
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7000 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router saving you up to...
- Built for fast speed: best for cable provider plans up to 400 mbps speed. Modem technology:...
- The Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 C7000 modem router combo supports all major cable internet providers for speed up to 400 Mbps.
- The router is capable of covering 1800 square feet, making it perfect for small or mid-sized homes.
- With AC1900 standards, it can support up to 30 devices at the same time with a speed of up to 1.9 Gbps.
- The 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the back will give you the same speed as the wireless connections.
- Moreover, it has 2 USB ports, and you can connect a storage drive and a printer to it for more flexibility and productivity.
As a result, the bandwidth you purchase from the cable internet provider will be present at your end. You can connect multiple devices to its wireless network and watch HD videos without buffering.
The DOCSIS technology used in this combo comes with 24×8 channel bonding so that you don’t lower internet speed because of the connection. The only time that you might find a bit slower speed is during peak hours. With all the security and reliable connectivity features, you can invest in this device like thousands of others.
7. ARRIS SURFboard (16×4) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
For single modems like this one, you just need a router for wireless connectivity all over the house. But for large homes, one router might not be enough, and that is why we have reviewed the best mesh WiFi systems.
- Tom's guide #1 cable Modem choice 2 years in a row. Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet...
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 400 Mbps
- 16 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3.0 bonded channels
- The Arris Surfboard SB6183 cable modem can handle up to 686 Mbps, but 300 Mbps is recommended for optimum performance.
- You can get a maximum of 131 Mbps as upload speed, and it will be enough for all members in your home.
- Streaming HD videos or playing high-resolution online games won’t be an issue for this modem.
- The bandwidth of the Ethernet port is almost double of the cable internet connection speed.
- It comes with DOCSIS 3.0 technology and 16×4 channel bonding for a reliable and speedy internet connection.
If you take the service from Spectrum and buy this modem, you can get a maximum of 300 Mbps as download speed. What it means is that you can download a 4 GB movie within 3 minutes, and that is enough speed for home uses.
On top of the coaxial port, you will see a Gigabit Ethernet port that you can use to connect a router or your PC. Configuring the device for internet connectivity is so easy that any non-technical person can do it within 5 minutes. And, you won’t have to know anything from before because a detailed instruction manual comes with the package.
What are the best Spectrum compatible modems routers?
To choose the best router for your Spectrum connection, you will have to check some characteristics of a router. Let’s see what those are, but you need to buy the best modem at first.
- Firstly, check which WiFi standards are maintained in that specific model. Try to get the latest versions as you won’t have to replace the router every year with the latest one.
- Secondly, check the speed of the WiFi connection and read the reviews about how it performs in real life. Some have AC1600, some have AC1900, and other different numbers. A higher number means more speed, and you should choose one according to your needs.
- Thirdly, check on the coverage of the router. You will have to read the customer reviews on this part too. They will tell you how many rooms are covered by the signal.
- Fourthly, see how many bands it has as more bands mean better connectivity. You will see that most of the routers have dual-band operability. But if you have the budget, you should go for the tri-band routers.
- Finally, look for other features like Ethernet port speed and number, USB port availability and version, beamforming feature, and the number of antennas.
If you look at the devices on our list, you will see that every single one of them is chosen by maintaining the factors. Yet, we have two favorite routers, and let’s see our recommendations below.
Among the 7 best routers for Spectrum, we are recommending 2 combos because of their features and budget-friendliness. The NETGEAR Nighthawk is our first choice for all types of homes. However, you can also check out MOTOROLA MG7550, which can’t be underestimated in any way.
Last update on 2020-10-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 7 Best Routers For Spectrum of 2020
- 1. NETGEAR Cable Modem CM600
- 2. ARRIS SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
- 3. MOTOROLA MG7550 Modem Router Combo
- 4. ARRIS Surfboard Modem
- 5. NETGEAR C3000-100NAS N300 Cable Modem Router
- 6. NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo
- 7. ARRIS SURFboard (16×4) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
- What are the best Spectrum compatible modems routers?