Are you looking for a router for your Frontier FiOS internet like us? You might have got a new connection from Frontier and want a new device or need to replace the existing router. In any case, 7 of the best routers for Frontier FiOS that we reviewed below are the best options.
Frontier is capable of providing a high-speed internet connection if you choose such an internet plan. So, you need a router at your end to ensure the maximum usability of the throughput. So, let’s get started with the reviews and buy one within your budget.
- 7 Best Routers For Frontier FiOS of 2020
- 1. NETGEAR Nighthawk AX6000 8-Stream WiFi 6 Router
- 2. Linksys EA7500 Dual-Band WiFi Router for Home
- 3. ASUS AC2900 WiFi Dual-band Gigabit Wireless Router
- 4. MOTOROLA MR1700 AC1700 Dual-Band WiFi Gigabit Router
- 5. Google WiFi system, 3-Pack
- 6. NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 WiFi Router
- 7. MOTOROLA VDSL2/ADSL2+ Modem + WiFi AC1600 Gigabit Router
- What are the best routers for Frontier FiOS?
7 Best Routers For Frontier FiOS of 2020
1. NETGEAR Nighthawk AX6000 8-Stream WiFi 6 Router
Seeing the price, we first thought the router is not worth compared to its features. But our speculation was wrong because we did not notice the WiFi technology used in this router. Netgear has put the latest WiFi technology that is WiFi 6, maintaining 802.11 ax standards. This is better than the current AC standards in terms of speed and efficiency in data transferring.
- COMPATIBILITY: Works with existing WiFi devices and new WiFi 6 devices like iPhone 11, Galaxy Note...
- 8 SIMULTANEOUS STREAMS: Provides more capacity so more devices can use WiFi at the same time.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired...
- The Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 router is compatible with the WiFi 6, supporting smartphones and can support more than 30 devices at once.
- With a single SSID, you can use both bands, which means faster internet and less network congestion.
- It comes with 4 built-in antennas that can give you a reliable coverage of up to 2500 square feet.
- Simultaneous 8 stream channels will ensure wireless speed of up to 6000 Mbps over its two bands.
- It offers 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports along with 2 USB ports for connecting devices to the network that don’t support WiFi.
So, you will not have to worry even if the speed of your internet service provider increases due to technological advancements. Moreover, this new WiFi technology is capable of supporting more devices, ensuring the fastest internet connection in every device.
The high-power antennas and optimized signaling system of this router will give you the maximum coverage. Taking it out of the box, you will have no problem setting up the full system. So, if you are a tech enthusiast and like to keep updated with the technological advancements, you should buy this router.
2. Linksys EA7500 Dual-Band WiFi Router for Home
This is the best routers for Frontier FiOS from Linksys that you can get for a low price compared to other models on the list. A lot of customers and FiOS users love this model for its reliability and consistent performance over the years.
- Provides up to 1,500 sq. ft. of WiFi coverage for 15+ wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Medium or small homes or offices can have full coverage with this router as its 3 antennas can cover up to 1500 square feet.
- The MU-MIMO technology and 2 bands together can support more than 15 devices without compromising the speed.
- Using the Linksys app, you will be able to set up the network easily and monitor afterward anytime you want.
- The 2.4 GHz band can provide up to 600 Mbps and the 5.0 GHz band up to 1300 Mbps, which are enough for home-usage.
- With 2 USB-3.0 and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, you will be able to increase your work efficiency at home or office.
Linksys Max-Stream AC1900 router comes with the MU-MIMO technology that plays a vital role in supporting multiple devices at once. With multiple devices connected and using the internet at the same time causes some problems. Among them, one is having network congestion resulting in slower internet connection.
But this router can tackle that with its dual-band operability and efficient load management system. This router is perfect for those who have a tight budget and want a reliable and durable device. It will save you money as you won’t have to buy another device for another 3 or 4 years once you have bought it.
3. ASUS AC2900 WiFi Dual-band Gigabit Wireless Router
Here, we have got another one of the best routers for Frontier FiOS introduced by ASUS. This model got the PCMAG’s Readers’ Choice award in 2017 but still is relevant for its advanced features. On top of all specs, it has got AiProtection and AiMesh features.
- Dual-band (2. 4 + 5 GHz) AC2900 wireless router with the latest 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology for...
- 1. 8GHz 32bit dual-core processor optimizes network traffic and connectivity speeds from the USB 3....
- Designed for lag-free online gaming and flawless 4K UHD streaming with WTFast game Accelerator and...
- This Asus RT-AC86u wi-fi AC2900 WiFi Dual-band router is capable of providing 750 Mbps over the 2.4 GHz band and 2167 Mbps over the 5 GHz band.
- MU-MIMO technology and its QoS feature can support multiple devices without compromising gaming or streaming services.
- It comes with the necessary network protection powered by Trend Micro, eliminating all possible threats.
- Inside the router, there is a 1.8 GHz 32-bit dual-core processor so that multiple users don’t get any lag while using high-speed internet.
- With the USB-3.0 port, you can set a high-speed file sharing platform or a printer to the network.
The AiProtection will ensure not only protection from outside hackers over the internet but also maintain the privacy of all connected devices. It means that no one connected to your local network can do any harm. Also, it has parental control so that your kids don’t get to see the dark side of the internet at a young age. On the other hand, the AiMesh feature will allow you to buy more Asus routers and expand the network coverage.
Spending a little bit extra than the previous model from Linksys, you will be getting a far better router for your home. If you need more coverage and care for more security features, you must order this router. Moreover, you will get high-speed Ethernet ports and USB for a fast file sharing platform. Let’s see other important and attractive features below.
4. MOTOROLA MR1700 AC1700 Dual-Band WiFi Gigabit Router
This is the cheapest router that you can get for FiOS service. Motorola is a well-reputed brand for its durable device manufacturing capabilities. So, you don’t need to worry about the quality of the components used to make this device as the price is very low.
- CONCURRENT DUAL-BAND WIFI operation supporting 2.4GHz and 5GHz. 4 antennas for the 2.4 GHz frequency...
- PLUG THE MR1700 ROUTER into whatever cable modem or other broadband modem you choose. This provides...
- NETFLIX, YOUTUBE, Amazon Video, Hulu, the Web, and much more can be delivered to many devices at the...
- For wide-area coverage and high-speed internet, it comes with 4 antennas for 2.4GHz band and 2 antennas for 5 GHz band.
- It is compatible with all types of modems and can give you a maximum of 1.7 Gbps speed over the wireless connections.
- With a dual-core processor, it can support multiple users playing games, streaming HD videos, or browsing the internet at the same time.
- You can easily set up the router along with ensuring privacy and security with its user-friendly web interface.
- With powerful amplifiers and 6 improved-design antennas, you will get coverage over a large area.
Motorola MR1700 router comes with standard router features that are enough to support multiple users in your home. The only lack is that there are no USB ports to establish a fast file sharing server. Otherwise, you will have a high-speed WiFi as well as Gigabit speed Ethernet connections.
For the price, we were impressed by its processing capability. To ensure smooth performance, it comes with a powerful dual-core processor. And, the processor can handle the traffic from both the wired and wireless connections.
5. Google WiFi system, 3-Pack
To cover a large area with your router’s WiFi signal, this is the best router for Frontier FiOS that you can buy at a reasonable price. It is a 3-pack mesh WiFi system that will cover a large home or office, leaving no dead corners. With traditional single device routers, a common complaint is that users can’t get WiFi signals in their basement.
- A new type of connected system for seamless WiFi coverage throughout your home, helping eliminate...
- Replaces your current router, and works your modem and internet service. It’s compatible with...
- A single WiFi point covers up to 1,500 square feet, a set of three covers homes up to 4,500 square...
- Google wifi system NLS-1304-25 is a mesh WiFi system that covers 4500 sq. Feet, and you can cover more space by simply adding more points.
- The network assist feature lets you stay on the fastest connection even if there are a lot of devices using the network.
- Using Google’s companion app, you can configure and manage your network along with parental control and guest login control.
- Each device comes with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and other devices connect through those ports.
- It has all the necessary firewalls to protect the devices from online attacks ensuring security and privacy.
But that won’t be the case with the Google WiFi system. Each piece can cover up to 1500 square feet, and together, they can cover up to 4500 square feet. Moreover, the devices work together so that the signal doesn’t get dropped due to node change. As a result, you can move freely in your home in an active video call or watching a video.
From the Google mesh WiFi review, a lot of customers got benefited because they were suffering from their existing router. This router has network assist technology that can connect the devices on the fastest channel. Furthermore, the security features are also impressive, and your privacy will never be compromised.
6. NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 WiFi Router
If you don’t need the best Netgear modem router combo, you can check out the best router for Frontier FiOS. Why we are declaring this as the best one will be clear after you finish the review. Compared to other models, this one is costly, but worth every penny you invest in it. The features and performance of this gaming router are unprecedented.
- Minimize ping and maximize performance with six 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports for lag free, wired...
- Amp up your WiFi with cutting edge AD7200 Quad stream router that delivers speeds up to 7.2 Gbps
- Put your gaming traffic in a designated express lane with advanced Quality of Service, bypassing...
- Connecting compatible devices to its LAN SFP+ port, you will get a maximum of 10 Gigabit per second speed.
- Moreover, it has 6 Gigabit LAN and 1 WAN ports for the same fast speed as the wireless connections.
- Over its 2 bands, you can get up to 7.2 Gbps speed with perfect load-balancing capabilities.
- For ensuring smooth performance, it has a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor that can handle both the wired and wireless data.
- It has a GEO filtering feature that will connect you to the nearest server and players for a smooth and lag-free gaming experience.
Please don’t think that the router is doing some marketing stunt to charge more money by saying it a gaming router. It uses the latest WiFi AD standards that have a separate communication channel than the rest of the routers. It is fast, and the devices won’t ever have to fight for getting bandwidth.
The QoS feature of the router will keep the gaming connection exclusive, and no other device can hamper its speed. So, you will have a lag-free online gaming experience like no other router on the list. Furthermore, you can monitor your network by its mobile app and see which device is the cause of your high ping. This way, you can take all the necessary actions and play high-resolution online games like Call of Duty, Overwatch, PubG, and more.
7. MOTOROLA VDSL2/ADSL2+ Modem + WiFi AC1600 Gigabit Router
Finally, we have a combo for those who think maintaining multiple devices is a hassle. For the best modem router combo for Comcast, we reviewed more devices, and all of those are compatible with the FiOS service too. Just keep one thing in mind that this combo won’t work with a bonded VDSL, ADSL, or VDSL vectoring connection.
- IMPORTANT: BE SURE TO CONTACT YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER BEFORE purchasing this product. MODEL MD1600...
- MD1600 IS A GREAT CHOICE for many non-bonded/non-vectoring ADSL AND VDSL SERVICES FROM FRONTIER,...
- BUILT-IN ROUTER INCLUDES 4 GIG-E PORTS, AC1600 WIRELESS, a firewall, WPA/WPA2 wireless security,...
- Its wireless portion maintains the standards of AC1600, which means the devices will get a maximum of 1.6 Gbps speed.
- Motorola VDSL2/ADSL2+MD1600 comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports so that you get the same high-speed internet through its wired connections.
- The USB port will allow you to connect a hard drive with which you can share media files in the fastest way possible.
- Moreover, it has DLNA media sharing feature that will make it easy for you to share audio and video files.
- The setup process is very simple, and any non-technical person can do it by following the instructions.
This is a great combo that costs the same as some other models on the list. Also, the router performs as fast as the other ones. So, comparing multiple models, you will find that this one is better for the value.
You can replace your existing rented device with this one, and your investment will be back within a year. After that, all you will have is profit. It is by saving the monthly rent and owning a device. If you have a Frontier DSL connection, you can get this device without any worry.
What are the best routers for Frontier FiOS?
One thing is clear that you can choose any router from the list and won’t have to regret later. But there are a few among them that are the best for you FiOS connection. Let’s see why you should buy our recommended routers.
NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 WiFi Router is our first choice and the one that we highly recommend to those who are willing to go to any lengths for the best gaming experience. This router is unique because of its cutting edge WiFi technology and other supporting features. The users taking gaming services are the highest priority to the Nighthawk Pro.
Google WiFi system, 3-Pack is our second recommendation for those who have a slightly less budget and focus more on coverage. Because other routers on the list can’t cover large homes or offices or even expand the WiFi network on demand. But this one has it all along with all advanced routing features and robust components. So, it is capable of fulfilling all your requirements.
Linksys EA7500 Dual-Band WiFi Router for Home will cost half of the previous one from Google but won’t disappoint you in any way. There are a lot of users who don’t need a lot of coverage or heavy gaming performance. So, they don’t need to spend a lot of money on a routing device. This one will serve just right with its Gigabit connections, both wired and wireless.
ASUS AC2900 WiFi Dual-band Gigabit Wireless Router is recommended for its performance in between of a gaming router and a normal one. If you have a slightly more budget than the Linksys one, you must go with this one. This router is compatible with the latest WiFi technology and can support you for many more years to come.
So, those 4 routers are our ultimate recommendations, and at least one of them will meet your needs. In terms of price or speed or coverage, there are different models from different manufacturers. But one thing is common of those routers, and that is their durability and security.
Our recommendation to you is to buy the best router for Frontier FiOS and the best cable modem for Xfinity, which is also compatible with FiOS. You have already got the router recommendation, and now buying a modem will complete the killer duo. This way, you will be able to get the best internet service for your home or office.
Last update on 2020-08-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API