You think you’re a simple guy and don’t want any complexity in your life. So, you thought of PSTN for your business phone system. It’s good but have you thought about what would you do when you need to expand?
That’s why we’ve lined up 10 of the best PBX phone system for small business. But read to the end and you’ll see that the phones are also capable of supporting medium-sized businesses.
We’ve divided the phone systems into 2 groups. One type has single-line operability and another type has multi-line operability.
This will help you choose the best one in your situation. Now, we don’t want to hold you for long and let’s get going with the reviews.
- 10 Best PBX Phone System for Small Business 2023
- 1. Norstar T7316E 2-Line Speaker Phone
- 2. Polycom VVX 450 12-Line Business IP Phone
- 3. Unify OpenScape Single-line Desk Phone CP600
- 4. Polycom VVX 350 6 Line Desktop Business IP Phone
- 5. Mitel Superset 4025 Single-line Digital Phone
- 6. NEC 1090020 DSX Single-line Telephone
- 7. NEC IP4WW-12TXH Single-line Telephone
- 8. Inter-tel Axxess 550.8560 4-line Phone
- 9. Panasonic KX-T7633 3-Line Speakerphone
- 10. Toshiba Strata DKT3020-SD 2-Line Speakerphone
- Final Verdict
10 Best PBX Phone System for Small Business 2023
Single-line PBX phone systems
Here, we’ve listed 10 of the best PBX phone system for small business that allows a single-line connection. These are budget-friendly office phone systems for small businesses. Let’s continue with the product review.
1. Norstar T7316E 2-Line Speaker Phone
The important factors that the Norstar T7316E has included its modular design, optimization for office PBX system, and faster call management functionalities. You can also control the audio system for your convenience.
- The display has 2 lines and can make a multi-segment call appearance so that you can distinguish calls on different lines.
- It has 16 programmable buttons for lines or features or autodial and 3 soft keys including LCD.
- It has a speakerphone feature for a hands-free operation which can leave you doing what’s important.
- The phone system is expandable and compatible with BCM or Nortel PBX system which is specifically designed for office use.
- You can control the audio for different functions on this phone easily.
The modular design is responsible for your key customization which makes daily operation fast and error-free.
Also, it increases client satisfaction as they are not bothered by the operator’s slowness. Its built-in speakers can help you talk without holding the handset and let you do something important.
Finally, we want to add that you can use this phone for versatile use with its 10-line operability. This feature makes sure that no client gets a busy line message even on a busy day.
2. Polycom VVX 450 12-Line Business IP Phone
Without any question, this is by far our most favorite PBX phone that you must buy for your small or mid-sized business.
It’s because the phone has one of the best call quality, display quality, and call management systems with top-notch security.
- It has a large 4.3-inches color display which will not make call receiving and managing a boring task and increase your performance.
- There are 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports for faster and secure connections with computers.
- Also, it has USB ports that connect any media or storage device to enable more customizable features.
- This PBX phone can support over 60 call control platforms that are known and widely used by the whole community.
- The phone is secure with advanced and latest encryption protocols and firewalls.
The VVX 450 is a business-friendly phone with premium call quality so that nothing can get into your way of sealing a business deal. For this reason, Polycom integrated its proprietary HD Voice and Acoustic Fence technology.
The first one ensures a clear voice on both ends even if both parties are talking at the same time. And the second one is responsible to cancel any noise from both ends. Altogether, you get a noise-free, echo-free, and distraction-free call experience.
Moreover, there is another bragging point which is its massive 12-line operability. Because of this feature, your clients will never see the lines busy which will improve their satisfaction level.
Also, you can administer, upgrade, and maintain the phone system using a web interface easily and quickly from anywhere.
3. Unify OpenScape Single-line Desk Phone CP600
The unique feature of this single-line PBX phone is its display and 5 context-sensitive soft buttons by the side of the display.
The large display trumps all other phones’ displays in size, clarity, and functionality. It has multi-line operability but we’ve listed it in this section. It’s because the manufacturer optimized the phone for singly-line use.
- It has a large 4.3-inch tilt-able graphical white backlit TFT display which makes the use of this phone easy and fun.
- This phone features 4 connectable key modules and 12 programmable buttons for easy and quick calling.
- It also has a full-duplex speakerphone feature for hands-free talking.
- The phone is NFC compatible and has an SD card interface with options for wall-mounting.
- The phone has Bluetooth 4.1 features that can connect Bluetooth headsets in HD audio quality.
The navigation system of this phone is super-easy with buttons that are placed conveniently. For this, it has 2 fixed menus and out-of-office keys, 4-way navigator keys with an ok button, 5 keys beside the display with LED, and 3 audio keys.
Also, it has an Ethernet port with energy efficiency and power over Ethernet (class 2) technology. The speakerphone and better call quality will make the voice of both parties understandable to each other.
4. Polycom VVX 350 6 Line Desktop Business IP Phone
This is one of the best PBX phone systems for small businesses for its premium voice quality, large engaging display, and easy web-based configuration tool.
Also, this one saves cost and boosts performance with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- It has a large 3.5” color display for a better view with life-like call quality.
- There are two USB 2.0 ports for adding more media and storage so that you can have customized ringtones and welcome tunes.
- The phone has 6 lines which can be set on programmable keys and a 3-way conferencing option for local calls.
- For security, it has TLS, encrypted configuration files, password login, HTTPS, EAPOL encryption, and more.
- In addition, it features adjustable base height, voicemail, visual conference management, SIP protocol, and more.
Polycom offers one of the best audio call qualities in the industry with its Polycom HD Voice technology. As a matter of fact, its Polycom Acoustic Fence technology is responsible for noise-free, echo-free, and distraction-free business calls. So, no misunderstanding occurs in the conversation.
Another great thing about this phone is that it has tools that make administration, up-gradation, and maintenance easy.
Also, it is compatible with 60 industry-leading call control platforms. So, you’ll not have to fear missing out on the platform you feel comfortable using.
5. Mitel Superset 4025 Single-line Digital Phone
This one also can operate on multi-line but has pretty basic features and our recommendation to use it in a single-line connection.
The display has a good viewing angle and an optional backlit feature. On the other hand, it has features that make the calling easy and quick.
- The display has 2 lines and an optional backlit.
- It has 14 keys that can be customized and 3 soft keys to set for commonly used features.
- Also, it has fixed keys for hold, transfer, conference, and speed dialing.
- The speakerphone is half-duplex.
- You can mount it on the wall to keep your desk space free from phones.
Considering all features and functions, this phone suits the managers or professionals who need to move much and away from their desks most of the time.
6. NEC 1090020 DSX Single-line Telephone
The great thing about NEC 1090020 DSX PBX phone is that it has 12 programmable keys and 10-speed dial keys. In total, these 22 keys are really helpful for the PBX phone system for quick calling.
- The display has 3-lines with backlit for quick navigation and operation.
- It’s a corded phone powered through the line.
- It has 22 customizable buttons that have 12 programmable keys and 10-speed dialing keys.
- Also, it has 4 soft buttons to set for common features.
- The color is black and compatible with the DSX 40, 80, and 160.
It has a display that ensures better viewing and quick operation. The phone gets powered over the line. So, no extra power adapter is needed.
Also, the phone ensures better call quality and has a loudspeaker so that a serious businessman can consider it for his/her office phone system for small businesses.
7. NEC IP4WW-12TXH Single-line Telephone
The NEC IP4WW-12TXH has a long handset cord with a length of 9 feet which is a great feature.
Also, the phone has a full-duplex speakerphone feature for better call quality on both ends with hand-free.
- It has a backlit display with 3 lines and a dial-pad.
- You can adjust its angle with its 2-step leg adjustment.
- The number of programmable keys is 12 with 4 soft keys and 9 fixed feature keys.
- This is a corded deskset with 9 feet long cord.
- It is compatible with the NEC SL1100 telephone system.
The phone features 12 programmable keys for quicker calling. In addition, it has 4 soft keys, 9 fixed function keys, and 4 navigator keys with a select button in the middle.
Lastly, it has red or green LEDs for the programmable function keys. So, you can use this phone without making any mistakes and have faster operability.
Multi-line PBX phone systems
Here, we’ve listed 6 of the best PBX phone system for small business that allows a multi-line connection. These are perfect for medium-sized businesses too. But installing a multi-line phone system may add some complexity.
That’s why you should read our guide on “How to setup a multi-line phone system” for proper installation. Now, let’s start the multi-line phone systems for small businesses review.
8. Inter-tel Axxess 550.8560 4-line Phone
The most noticeable features of Inter-tel Axxess 550.8560 are its large 6-line display, 4-line operability, and 23 programmable buttons. All these features are important for a PBX phone system.
- This perfect desk phone has 23programmable buttons and 8 menu buttons.
- It has a quick viewing large 6-line display with backlit.
- It allows talking hands-free as it has a full-duplex speakerphone for your convenience.
- The adjustable base and wall-mounting option make it convenient for positioning in the best way.
- In addition, you can adjust the ringtone with different volume levels.
The 4-line operation has been made easy with 4 dedicated buttons which ensure quick one-touch call management. Again for better management, it has an adjustable base and the option for wall-mounting.
The last thing is that it has a lot of buttons for quick one-touch actions. These buttons include programmable buttons, menu buttons, and some fixed keys. All of these are helpful for easy navigation and call management.
9. Panasonic KX-T7633 3-Line Speakerphone
The best thing about Panasonic KX-T7633 is its design. There are lots of keys for better call management but you’ll feel like all the buttons are at your fingertips.
It has 4 LCD soft menu keys for navigation and 24 programmable keys which decreases dial-time.
- The display is monochromic and has a 4-level of contrast controlling option, 3 lines with 24 characters, and a backlit option.
- You can put the phone on your desk or you can wall mount without losing any functionality.
- You can use it as an intercom, redial with an automatic option, and talk hands-free with a full-duplex speakerphone.
- Also, you can link your computer to it, set music on hold, and control the ringer on 4 levels.
- There are a total of 24 programmable keys for one-touch operations and 30 ringtones to choose the best one for your office environment.
Moreover, the 4-way navigation wheel can see and select the options very quickly and easily. Panasonic is a trusted name on the telephone industry. So, they make the products that will make you feel like it’s a part of your body.
Your office and business performance will be increased with its programmable 23 keys and LCD backlit display. So, you’ll be able to see the caller IDs without misinterpreting, and dial long numbers with only one touch.
10. Toshiba Strata DKT3020-SD 2-Line Speakerphone
Toshiba serves its customers with many great quality appliances. Like that, they are serving us by providing multi-line phone systems for small businesses.
So, this phone is a 2-line phone with 20 programmable keys. This feature is really important for a PBX phone system.
- The LCD display of this phone has 2 lines with 24 characters and is backlit so that you can manage calls smoothly.
- The keys are helpful for quick calling and have 20 programmable keys with additional 4 LCD soft keys.
- It also has keys for some fixed features like Speaker, Conference/Transfer, Message, Mic, Redial, Speed Dial, and Call-Hold.
- This 2-line operable phone can make 3-way conferencing and easy decision making.
- Also, the clear call quality from Toshiba can make business calls hassle-free.
On a busy day, we need to make numerous calls and the incoming lines stay busy too. To manage everything smoothly, we need a phone that has a design optimized for office use. And the Toshiba Strata DKT3020-SD has it.
The phone comes with all other basic functionalities that you normally expect from a PBX phone system. In addition, they are reliable, easy to operate, and need very little to no maintenance.
From our experience, Polycom VVX 450 12-Lines Business IP Phone is the best PBX phone system for small business.
It can support you for many years even if you need to upgrade and expand. Also, the Unify OpenScape Single-line Desk Phone CP600 is one of the best office phone systems for small businesses. If you want reliability and better performance under a tight budget, you should consider this one. Buy either one that suits you the most.