Do you have a stronger cable internet connection in your area? Also, do you want a single device to manage both cable internet and WiFi? If the answer is yes, you should look for the best Netgear modem router combos.
You may ask why to choose Netgear instead of some other brands. The answer is at the end of the article, and let’s start with the reviews first. In short, the reason is better coverage, better signal reception, fast performance, durability and reliability, security, and reasonable price for considering its features.
11 Best Netgear Modem Router Combo 2021
1. Netgear N450-100NAS WiFi Cable Modem Router
This is an entry-level cable modem router combo from Netgear that you can own not spending much. Also, configuring this device is so easy that you will wonder why you didn’t buy it earlier.
You will only have to connect the cable on the back and connect your laptop or desktop via LAN connection. After that, the browser will automatically open with the Comcast login page if you are a Comcast subscriber. Input your login credentials, and you will be all set to use the internet connection.
For low-speed monthly packages, you can go for this one but check other models for more speed compatibility. If you are currently renting a device from your service provider, you should replace it with this combo as your investment will be secured within 9 months.
- It is a cable internet and WiFi combo with one USB port and four Gigabit Ethernet ports on the back.
- You will get a maximum of 340 Mbps modem speed and 450 Mbps WiFi speed, which is ensured by 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels.
- The combo will provide you eight times faster internet connection than DOCSIS 2.0 as it comes with DOCSIS 3.0.
- You will be able to stream HD videos and play online games at the same time without buffering.
- The range of the WiFi is enough to cover a medium or large home with reliable 4 or 5 device connectivity at the same time.
2. Netgear C3000-100NAS WiFi Cable Modem Router
As both WiFi and LAN connections are speedy, you can connect a hard disk to its USB port and create the fastest file sharing platform in your house. The upload and download speed are way more than using a Pendrive in this way.
On the other hand, if you are planning for cable bundled voice services, you should look for other models, as this is not compatible with the package. Otherwise, this is an excellent device for cable internet connection users.
Reliability is a concern for the WiFi signal, and you can rely on it with 4 or 5 connected devices at the same time. For more connected devices and continuous video streaming or playing games, it will ensure more speed and a bufferless connection.
- With SPI and NAT firewall protection, you will be secured while using the connection from any major service provider.
- You will be able to configure the device easily with the Genie app and monitor the activities remotely.
- This single device can perform the task of 3 different devices, including a cable modem, a WiFi router, and a Gigabit switch.
- You will get a maximum of 340 Mbps modem speed which is ensured by 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels.
- It is perfect for covering a small or medium-sized home and connecting 5 or 6 devices without facing any issue.
3. Netgear Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo
A small number of combos are highly recommended for their features and performance. Among them, this is one of the best Netgear modem router combos for the price. Our first impression of this product was great due to its slim and modern design.
It supports almost all of the major cable internet service providers, and there are several versions of this device based on different modem speeds. The one we are reviewing is compatible with the plan that has a download speed of 400 Mbps.
For more speedy packages, it has more expensive versions, and we reviewed those so that you won’t regret afterward. You may think that monthly rental fees are not so much, and you don’t need to replace your current device. But buying this one will save more money considering yearly bills, and on top of that, you will own this combo.
- This combo is suitable for the package with a speed of 400 Mbps, which is enough for bufferless HD video streaming.
- The router part in this device is capable of covering approximately 1800 square feet and connect up to 30 devices.
- It comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB port so that you can create a fast and reliable local file-sharing network.
- This combo maintains the standards of AC1900, which ensures 300+1600 Mbps of WiFi download speed.
- Setting up this device takes no more than 5 minutes, and the steps are straightforward to follow.
4. Netgear C6250-100NAS AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router Combo
Here are another Netgear modem and router combo that ensure better cable connection with DOCSIS 3.0 technology and faster WiFi with dual-band operability. You can see that it uses AC1600, which means that you will get the latest WiFi technologies.
You may face some problems with single-band routers where the 2.4 GHz alone can’t fight the interfering signals. That is why this one has 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands that stay uninterrupted from other wireless signals.
It also helps for data load balancing during peak hours in your home when all members are using the internet. Moreover, it has a powerful processor inside so that you get smooth and speedy internet connectivity.
- The modem router combo comes with 2 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports and 1 USB port so that you can connect several types of devices.
- The Genie app will let you monitor and configure the WiFi network as well as have parental control settings.
- It has more downstream channels for a maximum of 680 Mbps download speed and AC1600 dual-band WiFi for wireless speed up to 300+1300 Mbps.
- This device is suitable for medium to large homes with a decent number of device connectivity.
- The security of this device is top of the line with encrypted communication, several firewalls, parental control, and an active DDoS attack prevention system.
5. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
We have a gaming setup and put the Netgear Nighthawk modem router combo on the background. Because of its bold design, the combo suited perfectly with the decor. Not only that, but it also allowed us to take a speedy internet connection.
Moreover, it maintains the AC1900 standard, and we could connect a lot of devices. So, we could use multiple services at once without seeing any lag or buffer. This feature is essential for gamers and HD video streamers.
This combo is a bit different than most of the devices because you can’t connect a cable directly to it. However, you can connect a DSL line as it has a telephone line connection port on the back. Also, you can connect a cable modem via its Gigabit WAN Ethernet port. So, this is an all-rounder device that is suitable for all sorts of users.
- It has a Dual-core processor that supports fast DSL connection as well as speedy WiFi and LAN connectivity.
- The router has 3 antennas and high-power amplifiers to cover a medium or large home.
- For cable internet connectivity, it has a Gigabit WAN Ethernet port so that you can use any provider’s service.
- This device easily connects any modern device wirelessly, and you can manage them through the Genie app.
- For HD streaming and gaming, it supports fast DSL connection and 1.9 Gbps dual-band WiFi.
6. Netgear Cable Modem CM500
We know that you are looking for the best Netgear modem router combo, but you can check this one out. This is only a cable modem, but you will have to buy an additional router for WiFi. But we assure you that this is one of the best cable modems for Xfinity, and the overall cost won’t exceed your budget.
So, you will ultimately have a combo but with better performance and flexibility. For example, you can’t cover most of the areas in your home with other traditional combo devices. In this case, you will need a mesh WiFi router, which you can manage with this cable modem.
Now, the features of this device are awe-inspiring, comparing the price and performance. It will allow you to take the monthly package of 300 Mbps maximum download speed. The number of its Ethernet port is one that is enough to connect it to your powerful router.
- It is compatible with almost all major cable service providers making it usable in nearly all areas.
- With the DOCSIS 3.0 technology, you can get up to 300 Mbps download speed in this cable modem.
- The Gigabit Ethernet port is capable of providing full speed till you connect it to your router that has a Gigabit WAN Ethernet port.
- For bufferless streaming and lag-free gaming, you need more channels, and it comes with a 16×4 channel bonding.
- The setup is very easy as you will only have to power it up, connect the cable, and configured by connecting an Ethernet cable.
7. NETGEAR C6300-100NAR DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router
If you are looking for the best modem router combo for Comcast, you are looking at it right now. It is because we have seen far inferior products at higher prices than this combo. Also, Comcast users will have compatibility advantages buying it.
You may argue that the price is low because it is renewed. But the fact is that it is certified by tech experts and you will get its performance like a new one. However, if you are not comfortable with this refurbished, you will still have the option to buy a new one with 1.5 times more, which is reasonable.
Now, about the performance of this modem router combo, you can rely on it as it supports fast internet connections and improved WiFi signaling. Not only wireless but also the wired connection is capable of Gigabit speed. So, you will have nothing to regret after buying it with a one-year rental investment.
- For improved security, it communicates with encryption and has multiple firewalls.
- You can configure and monitor the network easily with the Genie app as well as manage the parental control.
- On the back, it has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 1 USB port, and 1 port for coaxial cable.
- The WiFi includes Beamforming technology so that you get an improved range and smooth connectivity.
- For 4K video streaming and high-resolution gaming, it will give you a maximum cable speed of 680 Mbps and WiFi speed of 450+1300 Mbps.
8. NETGEAR N600 Dual Band WiFi ADSL Modem Router
You will only see two USB-3.0 ports in ADSL Modem Routers. It can be beneficial for those who want to create local FTP servers and transfer files in ultra-fast mode. More ports will allow you to add more storage devices.
On the other hand, the routing part can give you a maximum download speed of 300+300 Mbps with its dual-band technology. So, get fast internet service from any major ADSL Internet Service Provider, and you will be ready for gaming or 4K video streaming. Keep in mind that it only supports ADSL and not VDSL.
One would normally expect LAN Ethernet ports for internet connectivity from this device. But what will the cable internet users do with this device? They can also buy this one and a cable modem as it has a WAN Gigabit Ethernet port.
- The feature called ReadySHARE USB will give you the ability for fast file sharing, and you will only need to ensure DMNA compatibility.
- The Gigabit Ethernet ports come with auto-sensing technology and very fast wired internet connectivity for your desktop PC.
- For a secure connection establishment, it comes with the Push ‘N’ Connect button on the back.
- The guests can log in via different lines without compromising the security, and parents can control the content for their children.
- At the time of heavy data traffic, it can perform smoothly because of its Dual-Core processor.
9. NETGEAR C7500 Modem Router
This is the newer version of C7800, and it was one of the best Netgear modem router combos. For some reason, the specs of the more modern version got the less powerful and reduced capability.
But still, it has enough capability for 3.2 Gbps WiFi speed and 400 Mbps cable internet speed. So, you will be getting a device with enough speed for 4K video streaming and high-resolution online gaming.
If you are wondering about the range, it has improved antenna design with 4 outside antennas so that a large apartment gets easily covered. As a result, it will be the perfect router-modem combo for your large home.
- You can opt for a monthly internet plan that has a maximum speed of 400 Mbps.
- With improved antenna design and better hardware, you can get up to 3000 square feet of coverage.
- For its AC3200 standard, you will get a maximum of 3.2 Gbps WiFi speed and connect up to 45 devices wirelessly.
- You will get 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the back along with 2 USB ports for more connectivity.
- The DOCSIS 3.0 technology and 24×8 channel bonding will give you bufferless streaming and gaming.
10. NETGEAR C7800 Modem
This is a bit older model but can still beat many combos in the specs and performance. The first factor is its cable internet speed and smooth performance.
We are mentioning this because it has DOCSIS 3.1, which you won’t find in any other devices on the list. This is the latest technology and cost a bit more than the previous versions.
Also, it has other specs with the latest hardware and software so that you can use it for higher speed connections. With so much greatness, you will see the price a bit more than others, but reasonable.
- This combo will ensure that you get the maximum speed of 400 Mbps from your service provider for such a monthly plan.
- With improved antenna design and better hardware, you can get up to 3000 square feet of coverage.
- For a maximum of 3.2 Gbps WiFi speed, it maintains AC3200 standards and connectivity with 45 devices.
- On the back of the device, you will get 2 USB ports and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- The DOCSIS 3.1 technology and 24×8 channel bonding will give you a better browsing experience.
11. NETGEAR Orbi All-in-One Cable Modem + Whole Home Mesh
If you think you need the best mesh WiFi system and the best Netgear modem router combo at the same time, you can check this out. This has everything one might ask for because the only lack of these combos is coverage for big multi-storied homes.
The single device listed here works as a regular combo, but the difference is that you can buy additional nodes. Just powering up the nodes connect to the mother device automatically, and the full system works as a mesh WiFi.
No matter how large your house is, you will no longer have any dead corner. Seeing the price, you might hesitate at first but consider other features. You will find other devices with half of its price and half of its capabilities. So, let’s talk about the key features and make a decision.
- This single device can cover up to 2000 square feet, which is expandable with a WiFi speed of 2.2Gbps.
- It has DOCSIS 3.0 modem with 32×8 channel bonding, which ensures faster connectivity even when the network is congested.
- For reliable connection and smooth performance, it comes with a powerful Quad-Core 710MHz processor and Dual-band WiFi.
- You can cover multiple stories with additional nodes, and there will be no dead zones.
- With its parental control, you can censor the content that your kids will watch on the internet.
Why is Netgear modem router combo the best?
There are many manufacturers that make devices ensuring faster internet connectivity at the end-user’s point. Some manufacturers are good at making routers, some at modems, some at combos, and some are in multiple fields.
Here, we have reviewed modem router combos, and Netgear seems to lead in this category. So, let’s see why you need to choose a Netgear modem router combo.
- First of all, the router part of these combos ensures better coverage with improved antenna design, high-power amplifiers, and Beamforming technology. But don’t expect too much from the WiFi range because you won’t get the performance like a mesh WiFi network.
- Secondly, we heard issues regarding WiFi signal drop or device connection failure sometimes. But it won’t happen with this one because of its high-quality hardware.
- Thirdly, you can be assured of fast internet connectivity from your cable internet service provider or DSL connection provider. The cable connectivity features DOCSIS 3.0 technology, which is the latest of all.
- A modem router combo needs to handle two different types of data, and its fast performance depends on the processor and dual-band operability. Most of the combos reviewed above have a Dual-Core processor and Dual-band WiFi.
- To talk about durability, we first saw the discussion of the verified buyers who used those products for years. Summarizing the facts, we came to the conclusion that most of the combos are very durable except for some random cases.
- As all of those are from Netgear, you can expect the same security level and management software.
- Now, for the price, you might think it is not worth the investment as anyone can get the device for rent from their provider, costing very little per month. But think of the cost for one year, and you will notice that the device costs less. Moreover, you will save money after one year of usage, and you will be the owner of the device.
- Finally, let’s talk about the pricing and features compared to its competitors. We didn’t see much difference in the features and pricing. It is because this is a very competitive industry, and everyone wants a share of it by not raising the price too much. However, you will actually win buying combos from Netgear for its more functionalities and compatibilities.
So, that’s all, and we think NETGEAR Orbi All-in-One Cable Modem + Whole Home Mesh is the best Netgear modem router combo among all of the reviewed devices. But if you have chosen another model, you are welcome to buy it. For more WiFi coverage, you can read our Google mesh WiFi review, a nd you will be set for a few years.
Last update on 2021-09-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 11 Best Netgear Modem Router Combo 2021
- 1. Netgear N450-100NAS WiFi Cable Modem Router
- 2. Netgear C3000-100NAS WiFi Cable Modem Router
- 3. Netgear Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo
- 4. Netgear C6250-100NAS AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router Combo
- 5. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
- 6. Netgear Cable Modem CM500
- 7. NETGEAR C6300-100NAR DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router
- 8. NETGEAR N600 Dual Band WiFi ADSL Modem Router
- 9. NETGEAR C7500 Modem Router
- 10. NETGEAR C7800 Modem
- 11. NETGEAR Orbi All-in-One Cable Modem + Whole Home Mesh
- Why is Netgear modem router combo the best?