Imagine a buyer wants to make a business deal with you as you’ve pitched a successful presentation. But contacting you, the buyer faced two obstacles. First, he saw that you gave him your personal number which is not professional at all. Second, he called and got “The number is busy right now” message.
Now, do you think you can get to close a deal in this scenario? Of course not. If you don’t hold a monopoly, you won’t have a chance which you clearly don’t have. Also, it shows that you don’t care about your business and your clients.
So, is it clear to you now that you must have a multi-line phone system? We’ve researched and gathered 10 best multi line phone systems for small businesses that you can rely on and grow your business exponentially.
Here, we’ve divided the products into three main categories. The first one includes the corded phones, the second one includes cordless phones, and finally, the third one includes a combination of both.
Multi-line phone systems for small business (Corded)
These corded phones are the best multi-line phone systems for small businesses. Because you may have started the business with small capital and want to support your clients without compromising quality as well as under a low budget. These phones are powerful enough to support your existing small setup and help grow with reliability.
- 10 Best Multi-line Phone Systems for Small Business 2020
- 1. AT&T 1080 4-Line Corded Speakerphone
- 2. AT&T ML17939 2-Line Corded Telephone
- 3. VTech AM18447 Main Console 4-Line Expandable Corded Phone
- 4. RCA ViSys 25424RE1 4-Line Expandable Corded Telephone
- 5. PANASONIC DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone
- 6. AT&T TL88102 DECT 6.0 2-Line Expandable Cordless Phone
- 7. VTech DS6151 2-Line Cordless Phone
- 8. Panasonic 2-Line Corded/Cordless Phone
- 9. AT&T TL86103 DECT 6.0 Corded/Cordless Handset
- 10. VTech 4-Line Small Business Corded/Cordless Phone
- Basic Features that’s a Must in Every Phone
- Tips for your convenience
- Final recommendation
10 Best Multi-line Phone Systems for Small Business 2020
1. AT&T 1080 4-Line Corded Speakerphone
Do you expect 2 to 4 incoming calls at the same time? The AT&T 1080 4-Line Corded Speakerphone will be your best choice if your answer to that question is yes. You can do 3-party conferencing on 3 different lines.
Moreover, your clients won’t have to wait long as it has an auto-attendant system on each line. If no one answers the phone, your clients’ incoming messages and memos will be stored by a digital answering machine.
When your business grows, you’ll have the option to expand the phone system up to 16 stations. In addition, you’ll be able to see the name, number, time, and date of an incoming call even on call waiting. With those in mind, you can stay assured about other basic phone features.
- DECT 6.0 Technology, Speakerphone
- 1 to 4 Line Capability , Expandable to 16 Stations with AT&T Models 1040, 1070 and 1080
- 32 Speed Dial and 16 Intercom Number Locations
- The phone has a 4-line operation with different light indicators and a 3-party conferencing system.
- It’s got a power failure operation feature on all lines with the auto line selection option.
- It has 32-number speed dial, 200 names and number storing capability, and digitally recording capacity up to 60 minutes.
- With 16 expandable intercom numbers, it can also page, intercom, and transfer calls between stations.
- The speaker will allow you to talk without holding the handset with a complete volume control feature.
2. AT&T ML17939 2-Line Corded Telephone
If you like to attend business calls with your hands-free, AT&T ML17939 2-Line Corded Telephone will be your perfect companion. You can listen and speak without holding the handset with AT&T’s ClearSpeak® technology. Also, you can conference 2-parties at different lines at once.
So, you can guess that it has a maximum 2-line operation. Other than that, it has 100 caller ID store capability and shows the ID even on call waiting. The phone has other basic features that you normally expect to have in a multi-line phone system.
If the station has no attendant to answer the call, it’s digital answering machine can record up to 12 minutes of incoming messages, memos, and outgoing announcements. Moreover, you can remotely access its toll saver feature.
- 100 Name/Number Directory
- Headset Compatible (2.5 mm jack).Make sure that the software is installed and running for your...
- Caller ID/Call Waiting Capability*
- The 2-line operation enables a 3-way conversation in a conference with 2 other parties.
- There are different light indications for different functions.
- Its directory has a maximum of 100 caller ID store capacity and has an 18-number speed dial option.
- All digital answering features are included with call-waiting service.
- It has a ClearSpeak® speaker system that allows you to attend calls without picking up the handset.
3. VTech AM18447 Main Console 4-Line Expandable Corded Phone
First of all, a quick and simple installation process is the great advantage of having VTech AM18447 Corded Phone. In the beginning, you’ll only need to connect the main console with an analog phone line. Finally, you can have a system of multiple handsets and desk sets with a one-touch wireless connection.
Secondly, it has a maximum 4-line operating capability at the same time. It means that you can initiate a conference with 4 parties at once. On top of that, you can expand the system with a total of 10 handsets or desk sets so that no client has to use the digital answering system.
In spite of having such a setup, a call can go unattended. For this reason, it has an auto attendant on all 4 lines and a digital answering system. Also, you can add on-hold music of your preference with its 2.5 mm jack. The jack connects almost any music device to the telephone. You can consider this one as it has all those special capabilities with DSL compatibility and all basic phone features.
- Simple installation: Connect the Main console to analog Phone lines and the handsets/desksets...
- Expandable up to 10 total stations (1 console and 9 desksets or handsets): allows you to grow into a...
- Auto Attendant on each line answers calls, provides the company directory, forwards calls to...
- Maximum 4-line operation with expandability up to 10 desk sets. It requires no professional to set up the system.
- With a total of 180 shared minutes, it has a digital answering feature and auto attendant on different lines.
- It has 100 caller ID storage with call-waiting service and 32 numbers speed dial.
- The Message Guard® feature helps store the incoming messages in case of power failure.
- Also, it is DSL compatible. So, you’ll not need any DSL filters like other phones.
4. RCA ViSys 25424RE1 4-Line Expandable Corded Telephone
This amazing corded phone has a maximum of 60 minutes of record time at every station. Also, the 4-line phone is capable of 2-line conferencing which is enough for small businesses. As you grow your business, you can expand the telephone network in your office installing a maximum of 16 stations.
In addition, you can buy their Cordless Handset as an accessory and connect with each station. This setup will give you the mobility and flexibility of attending calls without compromising the work.
Also, it has a ‘Do not disturb’ option, hearing aid compatibility, intercom system, and switchable data ports. Finally, you can consider it as all RCA phones are backward compatible.
- 4-Line Expandable Corded System
- System Expandable up to 16 Base Stations
- Each Base Station Can Expand to Include One DECT 6.0 Accessory Cordless Handset - Handset Sold...
- It’s a 4-line phone system for small offices that takes only a few minutes to set up.
- It supports cordless handsets which can be bought separately. As a result, you can keep talking without stoping the task at your hand.
- It has a call-waiting feature that shows caller ID while another call is in progress.
- The name directory has a capacity of 94 and includes digital volume control.
- With all basic multi-line phone features, it is also compatible with hearing aids.
Multi-line phone systems for small business (Cordless)
Till now, you’ve seen corded phones which have limited your movement to some extent. But these cordless phones will give you endless possibilities and a long-range. On top of that, you don’t have to buy desksets to expand the network. Buying only the handsets will do the job.
5. PANASONIC DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone
If you’re away doing something important and someone calls you, you’ll hesitate to take the call or not. Because you won’t be able to decide which one is more important. This problem is solved by Panasonic KX-TGE433B. This phone announces who’s calling in both English and Spanish.
So, it solved one problem and continues to solve more. Its cordless sets give you mobility and flexibility. Also, the range and signal strength of these sets are the best. This is an advantage made possible with DECT 6.0 and noise reduction technology.
Moreover, it’s got a voice paging option sending a clear announcement to all handsets at once, unlike other handsets. In addition, the phone is TIA 1083 Compliant, hearing aid compatible, and includes a one-touch call block feature.
- BI Lingual Caller ID : Talking caller ID audibly announces caller information in either English or...
- One Touch Telephone Call Block : Register up to 250 numbers with one touch call block on the...
- Panasonic Voice Paging : More than a traditional intercom, voice paging sends clear simultaneous...
- It has a baby monitoring feature which is great to keep tabs on your baby. You’ll get an alert call on your base station when the baby wakes up or starts crying.
- In case of a power outage, the base can operate with the power of the handset for some time.
- Add an additional detector to your key-ring and you’ll be able to find it with a beeping sound within 200 meters of the handset.
- It has a large white backlit display for clear name and number identification.
- A maximum of 250 numbers to be added on the one-touch call block feature.
6. AT&T TL88102 DECT 6.0 2-Line Expandable Cordless Phone
This 2-line cordless phone has DECT 6.0 technology which will give you long-range without compromising the call quality. On the other hand, its digital answering machine helps you when you’re away from your office.
In addition, the base station and the handset have an intercom feature. So, you won’t need an extra device to set up the intercom if your office is small. Moreover, the phone has a 2-line operation and conference capability of 1 party.
With all other basic phone features, it has 50 spaces in the name and number directory, 10 number speed dial, and digital answering system. This one allows hearing aid which will add no-discrimination tag to your company.
- DECT 6.0 Technology
- 2-Line Operation
- Dual Caller ID/Call Waiting- stores 50 calls
- The phone is expandable up to 12 handsets or desksets. However, you can only buy the handsets to broaden the system.
- The cordless handset has DECT 6.0 technology with an unsuppressed long-range of operation.
- You can have hands-free speaking and listen with its base speaker.
- The contrast of the backlit is suitable to see the letters clearly and the buttons are lighted so that you can operate at low light.
- You can redial the last 20 numbers and have up to 10 number speed dial.
7. VTech DS6151 2-Line Cordless Phone
Want a phone that is able to locate its handset? VTech DS6151 is the one that can do that with paging capability. The phone set is RoHS compliant and hearing aid compatible. Moreover, it has a dedicated indicator for voicemail waiting.
Also, this 2-line operation will allow you to talk on one line and take a call on another line. In addition, if the reception area has low light due to decoration, it won’t face any problem. Because it has a blue display and backlit keypad.
If you need to employ more people and expand the telephone network, you can do it easily. Just buy extra cordless handsets and you’ll be set. However, it has all the basic functionalities of a multi-line phone.
- DECT 6.0 digital technology provides the best sound quality, security and range in cordless phones
- Interference free for crystal clear conversations—won’t interfere with wireless networks and...
- Protect yourself from identity theft with digital security—your call is digitized and encrypted,...
- The 2-line operational phone has 50 caller ID saving options with a call-waiting feature.
- Both the handset and the base station have loudspeakers for your convenience. Also, both sets have an intercom feature.
- You can redial the last 20 numbers and set different ring tones.
- The conference call to an outside party can also include 4 in-house handsets.
- The digital answering machine works separately for each line.
Multi-line phone systems for small business (Corded+Cordless)
To get even more benefits, we’re now presenting multi-line phones that have a full functioning corded base station and a cordless handset. These are perfect for multi-line phone systems for small businesses. Because you can have all the support you need to run the business. In addition, you can upgrade the phone network when you need to grow your business. Order the best one from below that meets your requirements.
8. Panasonic 2-Line Corded/Cordless Phone
The best thing about this phone is that you can connect your cellphones via Bluetooth and receive calls like a cordless handset. Not only that, you can connect your outlook account by USB-connecting the phone to your PC. Thus, it’ll save you a lot of time and energy to save hundreds of names and numbers.
Moreover, you can make a conference call with two other parties with your hands-free. The speaker of the base station allows you to do that. Also, the text to speech technology announces who is calling helping you decide whether to take the call or not.
The handsets have advanced DECT 6.0 Plus which ensures clear sound and reliable connection over a long-range. Based on that performance, you can easily expand your phone network up to 12 handsets.
- LINK2CELL BLUETOOTH ENABLED Link up to four smartphones via Bluetooth to make and receive...
- 3 WAY PHONE CONFERENCING : Conduct conversations simultaneously from your phone and 2 other phones;...
- ENHANCED CORDLESS PHONE SOUND QUALITY : Noise Reduction automatically suppresses background...
- Separate 2-lines have their own greetings and voice message recording for efficient call management.
- With Link2Cell technology, you can use your smartphone within 330 ft. of the base station as a handset.
- You can connect your cellphone, transfer, and update up to 3000 names and numbers easily using Bluetooth.
- You can block annoying marketing calls easily with its one-touch call block feature for up to 250 numbers.
- You can get additional power backup for 75 minutes with 2 long-lasting Ni-MH rechargeable AAA-size batteries.
9. AT&T TL86103 DECT 6.0 Corded/Cordless Handset
What’s great about AT&T TL86103? You can connect your skype and Microsoft Lync account to it. Also, you can connect 2 of your android phones with 2 cordless and corded sets. All these 4 devices keep in sync and show notification of one to another.
As a result of this syncing capability, you can transfer and update up to 6000 phonebook entries from your cellphone to the base station. Not only that, you can sync your cellphone with the deskset and get calls on both devices.
The corded and cordless devices have large white high-contrast backlit LCD to get a better view from a distance and lighted keypad for mistake-proof dialing. The call quality is better with noise-reducing technology and loudspeaker.
- Place and receive calls on two different phone lines.
- By connecting to your mobile phone with BLUETOOTH-enabled technology, this system allows you to make...
- Download up to 6,000 cellular phonebook entries onto the cordless handsets.
- It’s capable of 2-line operation both in corded and cordless sets which give you mobility and speed.
- You can charge your mobile phone via its USB dock and make or receive calls in the meantime.
- Advanced caller ID announcement if you’re a bit far from your phone and want to know who’s calling with distinctive ringer tones.
- The handsets have DECT 6.0 technology for better range, reliability, and security.
- To expand the network, you can add a maximum of 12 handsets to the base station very easily.
10. VTech 4-Line Small Business Corded/Cordless Phone
This is the ultimate multi-line phone system for small businesses. Because it’ll suit up your whole office with its 3-device combo. Also, it’ll leave the room for upgradation with up to 10 stations.
Moreover, this is a powerful system that includes cordless handsets with DECT 6.0 technology. Also, it has a 4-line operation with a dedicated digital attendant and easy few-minute setup for the whole system.
You can connect your device with the base station and stream the custom message to your customers or any tone that you want. Finally, you’ll get an amazing 180 minutes for incoming messages, outgoing announcements, and memos.
- With 4-line operation capability, you can establish a 5-way communication including you. It means you can do conference calls with 4 clients at the same time.
- The phone network is expandable up to 10 devices and has advanced DECT 6.0 technology. This technology ensures a strong signal for a long-range and no interference.
- If you’re away from your handset or deskset, it has an auto answering machine which includes auto-attendant and message guard technology in case of power failure.
- You can add 32-speed dials with 16 one-touch callings and 16 two-touch calling options.
- It has an extra-large display with white high-contrast LED-backlit for a better view.
Basic Features that’s a Must in Every Phone
Common features that a multi-line phone system should have and are present in our suggested telephones are given below. But you don’t need to check every phone system with these parameters. Only, check the ones you have shortlisted to buy.
- Automated directory services
- Caller ID
- Call blocking
- Call forwarding
- Call logging
- Central office line ringing
- Custom greetings
- Distinctive rings
- Do not disturb
- Express conferencing
- Hands-free alternatives
- Hold options
- Multiple lines
- Multiple voicemail recordings
- Music on hold
- Public address voice paging
- Shared message boxes
- Speed dialing
- Transfer capabilities
- Unified Communications (UC)
- Welcome message
Tips for your convenience
From the experts in the professional world, here are some tips which will help you buy the best one for your business.
- Firstly, check call quality first. Because we often get carried away seeing the specifications. If your client can’t hear your voice clearly, it’ll be a disaster.
- Secondly, with all the advanced features, we forget the basic functions of a phone. So, you need to make sure that the chosen one has all those functionalities.
- Thirdly, know your requirements properly and choose accordingly. It’ll both save you money in the beginning and in the time of upgradation.
- Finally, you must manage an alternative power source from day one for uninterrupted service. If the phone set includes extra batteries, you’ll have one less thing to worry about.
Actually, the recommendations are given to the three categories separately. But no problem as we can talk about it again before wrapping it up.
As you know how competitive doing business in 21st century, you always need to stay one step ahead of your competitors. Every small decision that you take matters in the long run.
As a result, you even have to think carefully before buying a multi-line phone system for small businesses that you own. Rest assured, you can choose any phone set from our chosen list.
But you can not buy just any set from that list as budget matters. At first, for a tight budget, go for the corded phone system. Secondly, for better performance, mobility, and flexibility, go for the cordless ones.
Finally, small businesses that will not stay small for long should choose the phone system that has both corded and cordless options. As we’ve researched thoroughly, you don’t need to worry about durability, reliability, and security. Just check the one that matches your requirements and order now.
Last update on 2020-04-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API