One of our colleagues was not much happy renting the modem router combo. The money he was spending in a year was huge. With that amount of money, he could’ve bought two new combos. He ultimately decided to ditch that setup and go for a new one.
We researched a lot to find the best modem router combos for Comcast in the market and wrote the findings below. Our colleague bought the Motorola MG7700. Setting it up was no big deal and do you know what the best part is?
He got better speed and connectivity than the previous device with less money. It’s almost unbelievable but believes it. If you’re in the same situation, don’t wait anymore.
Choose one from the list below, plug it, and start browsing or streaming. Don’t worry as all the device models support Xfinity by Comcast.
- 15 Best Modem Router Combos for Comcast 2022
- 1. Motorola MG7540 16×4 Cable Modem Plus AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
- 2. Netgear Cable Modem Wi-Fi Router Combo C6220
- 3. Netgear C6250-100NAS AC1600
- 4. Motorola MG7700 24×8 Cable Modem Plus AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
- 5. Motorola MG7315 8×4 Cable Modem Plus N450 Single Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
- 6. Netgear C3000-100NAS N300 Wi-Fi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router
- 7. TP-Link TC-W7960 DOCSIS3.0 300Mbps Wireless Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router
- 8. Netgear C6300-100NAR DOCSIS 3.0 Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router
- 9. TP-Link Archer CR500 16×4 DOCSIS3.0 AC1200 Wireless Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router
- 10. Netgear N450-100NAS (8×4) Wi-Fi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router
- 11. Motorola MG7550 16×4 Cable Modem Plus AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
- 12. Motorola 16×4 Cable Modem, Model MB7420
- 13. Motorola MG7315 8×4 Cable Modem Plus N450 Single Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
- 14. Netgear Cable Modem CM400
- 15. TP-Link 16×4 AC1750 Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router
- Final Verdict
15 Best Modem Router Combos for Comcast 2022
Without further delay, let’s jump right into the reviews.
1. Motorola MG7540 16×4 Cable Modem Plus AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
With the approval from Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, this modem router combo has DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and AC1600 Wi-Fi Gigabit Router. This means that you’ll get 16 times faster download speed than the previous DOCSIS version and a faster dual-band Wi-Fi router with Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- This DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem has 16 downstream channels (speeds up to 686 Mbps) and 4 upstream channels (speeds up to 123 Mbps).
- The AC1600 Wi-Fi router has a 2.4 GHz band (speeds up to 300 Mbps) and a 5 GHz band (speeds up to 1300 Mbps) with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Wide range of service provider compatibility including Comcast Xfinity, Xfinity X1, and more.
- It has AnyBeam beamforming technology that increases performance and range.
- The vertical design takes less space and allows better cooling which increases routing capability.
The range of the Wi-Fi router is great covering more than 2500 sq. ft. and supporting up to 253 devices. Also, it uses Wi-Fi DFS frequencies which allow you to browse the internet without any interruptions from your neighbors’ routers.
The vertical design of the router gives it a modern sleek look with quick and easy setup features. The security of this device is top of the line with an advanced firewall that can stop DDoS attacks, easy password setup, and built-in parental control.
2. Netgear Cable Modem Wi-Fi Router Combo C6220
Xfinity by Comcast supported Netgear cable modem can support up to 200 Mbps connection speed and the Wi-Fi router can support up to 1200 Mbps with Gigabit Ethernet ports and USB port. By the way, it supports services from Comcast.
- The cable connection has 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels with speeds up to 200 Mbps.
- The dual-band Wi-Fi router can provide speeds up to 300 on the 2.4 GHz channel and 600 Mbps on the 5 GHz channel.
- The router can cover a large area supporting 20 devices at the same time.
- It’s got 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and one USB 2.0 port.
- It ensures your Wi-Fi security with the latest WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
The range of the Wi-Fi router is approximately 1200 sq. ft. and can support many devices at the same time. You can connect your computer, smartphone, printer, gaming box, storage drive, and other devices.
Connecting the router with your computer, you can set it up within 5 minutes. The device security is maintained by US standards and can give your device the security it needs.
3. Netgear C6250-100NAS AC1600
With Netgear C6250-100NAS, you’ll get a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem which is Xfinity by Comcast compatible, an AC1600 Wi-Fi router, a USB port, and two Gigabit Ethernet ports. The speed of both cable modem and router are capable of online streaming smoothly.
- It’s got the fastest Wi-Fi and cable connectivity along with Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- The channel bonding feature doesn’t compromise the speed during peak hours.
- You can stream games and videos using next-gen Gigabit Wi-Fi or Gigabit wired connection.
- It has maximum security with SPI and NAT firewalls; DoS attack prevention, WPA, WPA2-PSK, and WEP options.
- It’s got parental control for all connected devices and a separate access option for the guests.
With a good, strong, and wide Wi-Fi range, you can browse the internet with a maximum speed of 1600 Mbps. The cable modem has 16 upstream and 4 downstream channels with speeds up to 680 Mbps which meets the DOCSIS 3.0 standard.
The vertical design makes the circuit and processor cool ensuring optimum performance. The Genie app from Netgear helps you set up, regulate, and monitor the network easily with your smartphone.
4. Motorola MG7700 24×8 Cable Modem Plus AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
Not like other modems, Motorola MG7700 has 24 downstream channels with speeds up to 1000 Mbps and 8 upstream channels with speeds up to 246 Mbps. We can say that it is one of the best modem router combos for Comcast. The dual-band Wi-Fi is also a beast having 1900 Mbps maximum speed.
- The cable modem supports Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, and many other service providers.
- In terms of speed, it has a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem which is 24 times faster than the previous version of DOCSIS.
- The Wi-Fi is AC1900 with one 2.4GHz and one 5 GHz band.
- The dual-band is capable of load balancing which ensures good speed during peak hours.
- It has power surge circuits to protect the device from electrical accidents.
With 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, the router can support a total of 253 devices and perform without any lag. It’s got three antennas inside for maximum coverage ensuring top speed.
The router’s design has a minimal look by keeping the antennas inside. The security is ensured with different guest login options, parental control, and an advanced firewall. The setup and control interfaces are easy to navigate.
5. Motorola MG7315 8×4 Cable Modem Plus N450 Single Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
This one’s not as powerful as others but more than enough to support your need at a great price. The channels ensure a maximum download speed of 343 Mbps and an upload speed of 123 Mbps.
- Comcast-supported DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem has 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels.
- The Wi-Fi router uses a single 2.4 GHz band for connectivity with 253 devices at the same time.
- Advanced firewall for enhanced security and better control like parental control and separate guest login option.
- It includes 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for smooth gaming and video streaming experience.
With a good range and up to 253 device connectivity, the single-band Wi-Fi router has a maximum speed of 450 Mbps. It uses Wireless Power Boost for more range and better speed.
With the antennas inside and vertical design, you’ll have router-modem combos that look sleek and stylish. Motorola assists you so that you can set up the connection within 5 minutes. The easy setup process doesn’t compromise security at all.
You may like Top 10 Phones Compatible with Xfinity Voice in 2022
6. Netgear C3000-100NAS N300 Wi-Fi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router
The Netgear C3000-100NAS supports DOCSIS 3.0 cable connection which is 8 times faster than the previous version. With 8×4 channels, you’ll get a maximum download speed of 340 Mbps and an upload speed of 122 Mbps.
- The cable modem supports Comcast, meets the DOCSIS 3.0 specification, and is also backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0 network.
- It has 8 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels.
- Netgear provides exclusive self-activation if you’re an Xfinity subscriber without making a service call.
- The USB port can be connected to your hard drive and you can easily access it with Gigabit speed.
- It has ensured security with a double firewall and DoS attack prevention software.
The router part of the combos uses N300 Wi-Fi which ensures speeds up to 300 Mbps. The range of the device’s Wi-Fi is suitable for small to medium-sized homes.
The design is very minimal and the antennas are inside. You can set up the router easily with the Genie app and control everything from a simple user interface.
7. TP-Link TC-W7960 DOCSIS3.0 300Mbps Wireless Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router
If you want great speed, this router can be your choice. It has 16 MB flash and 128 MB DDR3 SDRAM which makes the data handling smooth and fast. The cable modem supports all three versions of DOCSIS with 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels.
- This router cable modem combo supports Comcast and some other major cable service, providers.
- The download speed of the cable modem is a maximum of 343 Mbps and the upload speed is a maximum of 143 Mbps.
- The router has one 2.4 GHz band with less than 30 dBm transmitting power that supports a maximum 300 Mbps router-connectivity speed.
- At the backside of the device, you’ll get 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and one USB-2.0 port. You can share your storage with the USB port.
- It’s got all the latest security features including parental control, NAT firewall, access control, and secure guest login.
The router supports up to 300 Mbps connection speed. It also has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for high-speed gaming and video streaming without any interruptions. This 2 in 1 combo can give you speedy TV and internet connection.
The router-modem combos look very professional and got a better cooling system. The advanced firewall and easy setup process will give you both security and freedom. If there are devices that your kids use or your guest needs a connection, you can give them full parental control and a different guest login option.
8. Netgear C6300-100NAR DOCSIS 3.0 Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router
This is one of the best modem router combos for Comcast if you love speed. The cable connection speed is 16 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 which you’ll see in effect if DOCSIS 3.0 is supported by your provider.
- The Wi-Fi connection can give you a maximum speed of 450+1300 Mbps on the dual-band router.
- It supports Xfinity by Comcast and 16 times more speed with DOCSIS 3.0 and channel bonding feature.
- The cable connection is capable of a maximum of 680 Mbps of download and 122 Mbps of upload speed.
- The 4 Gigabit ports and one USB 2.0 port will be enough for top-speed wired connection and storage sharing.
- It ensures a reliable and secure internet connection with dual-band Wi-Fi and advanced security features.
The dual-band router part handles text data through its 2.4 GHz band and video data through its 5.0 GHz band. This allows for faster internet browsing. The range of this device is suitable for big homes.
The antennas are integrated inside yet provide coverage for a large area. You can stay tension-free regarding security. The app from Netgear allows quick setup and makes sure impenetrable security.
9. TP-Link Archer CR500 16×4 DOCSIS3.0 AC1200 Wireless Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router
Making a one-time investment in this router will save you a lot in the coming years. It’s got faster connection speed and better performance with a dual-core processor. The cable modem has 16 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels for maximum speed.
- It supports Comcast and DOCSIS 3.0 with a maximum download speed of 680 Mbps.
- The processing unit is very powerful with a dual-core processor, 16 MB flash, and 256MB RAM.
- The router is dual-band with a maximum Wi-Fi connectivity speed of 300+900 Mbps.
- It’s got 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports unlike other modem router combos for more device support and more storage sharing.
- The routers from TP-Link are easy to set up with all the advanced security features of a routing device.
The router part also gives you a high-speed internet connection with the AC1200 feature. It got better connectivity with a wide range because of beamforming technology. This technology finds the Wi-Fi-connected device location and concentrates the beam towards it.
This is one of the best Wi-Fi consumer brands that made a lot of research with the design setup process. So, you’ll find it very easy to setup without compromising the security.
10. Netgear N450-100NAS (8×4) Wi-Fi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router
For faster internet and the fastest Wi-Fi, you’ll want to check out Netgear N450-100NAS. The cable connection is 8 times faster than the previous DOCSIS version.
You’ll be having 8 fast downstream channels and 4 upstream channels. It ensures better speed even in peak hours with its channel bonding features.
- The cable connection speed is 8 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 with the help of channel bonding ensuring a maximum of 340 Mbps download speed.
- It supports Xfinity from Comcast and DOCSIS 3.0 for maximum speed.
- It has the added advantage of the easy self-activation feature without making a service call for the setup.
- The single 2.4 GHz band ensures 450 Mbps of internet connection speed and can cover a large home easily.
- The 2 USB ports will allow you to add more storage device to the router and access it with a maximum of 450 Mbps speed.
The router has standards of N450 and can cover a medium or large home easily. The antennas are mounted inside but can provide better coverage throughout the home. You’ll find 4 Gigabit ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports at the back. It’ll be necessary for more storage sharing by connecting your hard drive with the router.
You can put the router on your working table and it’ll not take much space for its vertical design. This router-modem combo is a good replacement for the device you have leased from your service provider.
11. Motorola MG7550 16×4 Cable Modem Plus AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
Motorola MG7550is one of the best modem router combos for Comcast that gives you the highest speed for both cable connection and internet, better Wi-Fi signal reception around the house, and no interference of neighbors’ routers while browsing.
- The cable modem has a maximum download speed of 686 Mbps and a maximum upload speed of 123 Mbps.
- Its AC1900 Wi-Fi Gigabit Router provides a maximum speed of 1900 Mbps.
- The router can cover a large area with 3 internally integrated antennas and a power boost to the FCC limit.
- AnyBeam technology also helps with better connectivity and speed all around the house.
- For maximum security and connection, it has an advanced firewall, parental control, secure guest connection, and capability of connecting 253 devices by Wi-Fi.
The 16 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels ensure maximum speed which is approved and supported by Xfinity and Xfinity X1 from Comcast. It supports DOCSIS 3.0 but you don’t have to worry if your provider needs your device DOCSIS 2.0 connection support.
Now, come to the performance of the router. It’ll support your internet connectivity with two bands, power boost technology, and DFS. All of these are necessary for better load balancing, connectivity, and interference-free connection. The other features are also present like the standard of a premium router-modem combo.
12. Motorola 16×4 Cable Modem, Model MB7420
Having Full-Band capture digital tuner, Motorola MB7420 ensures the fastest and reliable internet connection which is an added advantage than others. The DOCSIS 3.0 version of this device is 16 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 and gives you the maximum speed from your provider.
- It is supported by Xfinity from Comcast and DOCSIS 3.0 standard which is 16 times faster than the older version.
- The 16 downstream channels ensure a maximum speed of 686 Mbps and 4 upstream channels ensure a maximum of 123 Mbps.
- Better internet connectivity is done by cable connection, Full-Band capture digital tuner, IPv4 and Ipv6 Support, and Gigabit Ethernet port.
- The device is well protected against any electrical accidents with strong lightning and power surge circuits.
- It has a quick setup as you’ll only need to make a service call to your service provider.
For internet connectivity, you’ll have to rely on its only Gigabit Ethernet port which is suitable for connecting computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router. The price of this cable modem is a real deal-winner for anyone.
This device takes the least space than others with a compact, attractive, and sleek design. It meets all the standards and ensures a secure connection in all parts.
13. Motorola MG7315 8×4 Cable Modem Plus N450 Single Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
This is one of the best modem router combos for Comcast within your budget. The device has DOCSIS 3.0 standard specification, single-band Wi-Fi router, and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports. The price hasn’t compromised the connection speed for both wired and wirelessly connected devices.
- With 8 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0, the DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem has 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels which supports Comcast.
- The maximum download speed is 343 Mbps and the maximum upload speed is 123 Mbps for the cable connection.
- The Wi-Fi router can support you with a maximum of 450 Mbps without any interruption or interference.
- For high bandwidth-required devices, you can use the 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports which will ensure that you get the maximum speed from your service provider.
- You can connect a maximum of 253 devices to the router’s Wi-Fi network without compromising security.
Its N450 Wi-Fi router is capable of speeds up to 450 Mbps. The built-in antenna inside can cover a small or medium-sized room easily. The best part is that it also has Full-Band capture digital tuner for a faster and highly reliable internet connection.
Supporting 253 devices at the same time, you won’t see any lag in the performance or security. It has a secure guest login option with an advanced firewall and full parental control.
14. Netgear Cable Modem CM400
You’ll love this device for its world-class design. It looks compact and professional not taking much space. The cable modem is 8 times faster than older DOCSIS standards. You can enjoy the maximum speed with the latest technologies.
- With 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, you’ll get a maximum speed of 340 Mbps.
- The device supports Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum ensuring the maximum speed of your subscribed package.
- You can connect any router, computer, gaming box, or HDTV with its Ethernet port.
- It gives you a secure connection with your service provider and other connected devices through the Ethernet port.
To get internet connectivity, the modem has a Gigabit Ethernet port which has auto-sensing technology. The channel bonding feature ensures very fast download and upload speed.
Like other Netgear devices, you’ll also be able to perform amazing self-activation on this cable modem. The easy setup guide and Genie app will make cut the setup time and decrease maintenance hassle.
15. TP-Link 16×4 AC1750 Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router
This is a speed monster from TP-Link. For both the cable connection and Wi-Fi network, you’ll get such speed that can match very few of the best modem router combos for Comcast. The cable modem has 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels which meets the DOCSIS 3.0 specification. It is also equipped with AC1750 Wi-Fi router.
- The device is well supported by Xfinity from Comcast.
- It’s got a powerful processor, 16 MB flash, and 256MB RAM for smooth routing even in extreme pressure.
- The 2.4 GHz channel supports a maximum speed of 450 Mbps and a 5 GHz channel with 1300 Mbps.
- It’s DOCSIS 3.0 speciation allows a maximum download speed of 680 Mbps.
- It has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports for more connections and storage sharing.
- Unlike others, the device has 6 antennas inside to cover a large area with a strong signal to every corner.
The dual-band router has amazing coverage with speeds up to 1750 Mbps. This is the router-modem combo for the next generation. Such specifications will be compatible for 3 to 4 years of technological advancements.
You can rely on this device for an uninterrupted internet connection on both sides of the connection. The security is ensured by the device’s firewall and separate guest login option. You can easily manage and monitor the network with its easy-to-navigate web portal.
You’ve seen some pretty impressive specifications from those 15 of the best modem router combos for Comcast. Check what your service provider’s connection speed is and the specifications of the combo of your choice.
Make sure that the combo is not creating any bottle-neck situation. Choose one from our list and you’ll have a combo that will not cut the speed from your provider. The price range varies depending on the coverage area and device these are best modem router combo for Comcast specification. Don’t worry about the speed and look for the Wi-Fi coverage area of your preference. Order now and cut the bills into one-third of what you’re paying now.