Buying a modem that isn’t supported by your cable service provider is not a wise step. We know that almost all modems are compatible with all major service providers. But you should not take any chances.
As Cox is the 3rd largest cable internet service provider, a lot of our readers take their services. For them, we have researched a lot and reviewed 10 best modem for Cox. If you want a modem that is super reliable and comes with some extra features, you should buy one from the list below.
- 1. NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem
- 2. NETGEAR C3000-100NAS N300
- 3. MOTOROLA 16×4 Cable Modem, Model MB7420
- 4. MOTOROLA DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem
- 5. ARRIS Surfboard (16×4) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
- 6. Asus Modem Router Combo
- 7. TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem
- 8. MOTOROLA MG7540 16×4 Cable Modem
- 9. ARRIS Surfboard (16×4) Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem
- 10. Motorola MG7700 24×8 Cable Modem
- What is the best modem for Cox?
1. NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem
We couldn’t deny thousands of user’s reviews and tested the NETGEAR Nighthawk modem router combo. Placing it in the middle of a big house, we got a strong WiFi signal almost every corner. So, it got passed the lacking a combo has and got its place in the best Netgear modem router combo list.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast...
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C7800 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to...
- BUILT FOR ULTIMATE SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 2 Gigabits speed.
- This modem router combo will allow you to have the best package with speed up to 2 Gigabits per second.
- The WiFi module and the antennas are powerful enough to cover a maximum of 3000 square feet connecting more than 45 devices.
- It has 4 Gigabit Ethernet and 2 USB-3.0 ports so that you can have different options to connect various devices.
- The router follows AC3200 standards so that you can have a maximum download speed of 3.2 Gbps on the wireless network.
- The modem has the latest DOCSIS 3.1 technology with 32×8 channel bonding for maximum speed and reliability.
It not only covers a large space but also connects up to 45 devices, which is very necessary for large homes. You can get cable plans up to 2 Gbps, and every single device can stream HD videos at the same time without any buffer. The Netgear c7000 modem router comes with a powerful processor and AC3200 standards to support multiple speedy connections.
As a result, you will get a maximum of 3.2 Gbps speed over the wireless connections. Almost the same Gigabit speed can also be found on the wired connections. Furthermore, the USB 3.0 ports will let you connect a USB hard drive and a printer to the network. To increase productivity and experience smooth browsing, you should buy this combo.
2. NETGEAR C3000-100NAS N300
Here, we have got another combo that is even more popular than the previous one. This one is known for its okay performance and a surprisingly low price. If you see the best available price from here, you will see that this amazing, reliable combo won’t cost you more than 50.
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more; Double firewall protection...
- Three in one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + N300 WiFi Router+ 2 Gigabit Wired Switch. ELIMINTE MONTHLY...
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- This sleek combo comes with next-generation DOCSIS 3.0 technology that allows up to 340 Mbps speed.
- The router follows N300 standards so that you can have a faster speed and better connectivity on the wireless network.
- The Genie app will help you set up and maintain the WiFi network easily and manage different devices.
- It comes with Gigabit Ethernet and USB ports so that you can connect your desktop as well as USB hard drives for fast FTP servers.
- The antennas are built-in inside of the device and can cover small or mid-sized homes reliably.
So, one couldn’t ask more for decent speed, reliable WiFi connection, and affordable pricing. Every year, it will save you a lot of money as you won’t have to pay monthly device rent to the provider.
However, don’t underestimate its functions and security features because of its price. It has all the necessary firewalls and encrypted communication system. As a result, your devices will be protected from the attacks, and your privacy will be maintained.
3. MOTOROLA 16×4 Cable Modem, Model MB7420
This one can be considered as one of the best modem for Cox connection users. However, other cable service providers also support this modem for the best package they have. You can get an internet package with a download speed of 300 Mbps.
- This 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides speeds up to 686 Mbps, sixteen times faster than DOCSIS...
- Cable modem's Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router. (This...
- Requires cable Internet service. Certified by Comcast XFINITY for residential speeds up to Extreme...
- With speed up to 686 Mbps, you can play games and stream HD content without experiencing any lag or buffer.
- It comes with DOCSIS 3.0 and 16×8 channel bonding, which is 16 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 technology.
- This modem supports all cable providers and routers so that you can connect any router for the fastest wireless connections.
- The modem will allow you to subscribe to the packages with speeds of approximately 300 Mbps for optimum performance.
- Set up and configure the device for internet connectivity is very easy and can be done within minutes.
The actual capacity of the modem is higher, and that is why you will get the maximum speed provided by the cable company. We recommend our readers to buy this router because of its reliability and durability. If you have a big home, you can get this one as well as read our Google mesh WiFi review With a mesh WiFi system, you will not have to worry or spend a lot of money every time you need to expand the network.
There are other models on this list with a higher number of channels, but those cost a lot more than this one. So, we considered the performance and features along with the price. A combination of all three suggested to us that you will mostly benefit from the MB7420.
4. MOTOROLA DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem
The first thing we loved about this modem is that it comes with DOCSIS 3.1 technology, which is the latest. This is faster than DOCSIS 3.0 and can support more devices at the same time. For its price tag, we couldn’t recommend it, and we think the DOCSIS 3.0 doesn’t differ that much.
- TOP INTERNET SPEEDS FOR ALL CABLE INTERNET SERVICES - Wirecutter recommends this as the best cable...
- ELIMINATE UP TO 156 DOLLARS PER YEAR IN CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES. (Savings are shown for Comcast...
- WORKS WITH ANY WiFi ROUTER YOU LIKE - including Whole Home WiFi or Mesh routers like eero, Google...
- To ensure that you can buy packages with the maximum internet speed, it comes with the DOCSIS 3.1 technology.
- Its 32×8 channel bonding will give you a maximum of 1000 Mbps if you go for the services of Comcast and Cox.
- This is a simple modem, and you can connect any router to it with its Gigabit Ethernet port.
- The theoretical maximum speed of the modem is 6000 Mbps, which will ensure that you get to use the throughput efficiently.
- It comes with the AQM technology, which ensures faster loading speed and ultimate gaming experience.
However, it comes with the capability similar to the 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0 channel bonding feature. So, you will be able to get a maximum of 6 Gbps on this modem, and the limit for the package is 1 Gbps. This is enough speed for homes with more than 10 users and heavy internet usage.
Besides, it comes with an Active Queue Management system, which ensures that you don’t get slowed down while gaming or experience buffer while streaming HD videos. Moreover, it has a Broadcom chipset that provides security from several types of attacks. As a result, your devices will stay secured and safe all the time.
5. ARRIS Surfboard (16×4) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
The Surfboard modems from ARRIS got a reputation among the cable internet users. Because of its performance, it is considered one of the best modem for Cox users. But it doesn’t mean that you will get a slower speed or compatibility issue with other service providers.
- With 16×4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0 technology, this modem will give you optimum performance.
- It supports all major cable internet service providers in the US, and you can take the best packages.
- The capability of this modem is up to 686 Mbps of download and 131 Mbps of upload speed.
- Gaming and streaming HD videos on multiple devices will not be a problem as long as you connect a good-quality router to it.
- Setting up the modem is very easy, and it won’t take you more than 5 minutes to be connected to the internet.
This modem has more than basic features and is compatible with all major cable internet service providers in the US. It doesn’t come with a router, and you can buy one according to your requirements.
If you don’t think that buying another router and managing two devices is problematic, you should go with this modem. Moreover, the capability of this modem will impress you, and with the best router, you will never face a slower connection.
6. Asus Modem Router Combo
Like the Netgear Nighthawk, this is another very powerful modem router combo. With 4 antennas, 322×8 DOCSIS 3.0, and AC2600 WiFi standards, you will surely have the best setup. If you ever experience buffering or lag, you will know that it is because of the poor service from the company or your smartphone.
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
- All in one docsis 3.0 32x8 cable modem + ac2600 wifi router (4x4) provides full bandwidth internet...
- The AC2600 router will give you a maximum of 2.6 Gbps download speed over the wireless connections.
- The modem in this combo comes with DOCSIS 3.0 technology and 32×8 channel bonding for maximum speed.
- It supports all major cable internet service providers, and you can get a monthly package up to 1.3 Gbps as the download speed.
- Its dual-band operability and modified antenna design will give you maximum coverage.
- The combo comes with all the necessary features and firewalls to protect the devices from online attacks.
A powerful processor inside this device ensures smooth browsing over both wired and wireless connections. Also, both types of connections are capable of providing Gigabit speed. So, all things regarding speed will be on your hands and the speed you choose for the monthly package.
On this router, you will find 2 USB-2.0 ports, which are a little bit disappointing. ASUS should have given USB-3.0 ports like its competitors, but we saw this reasonable because of its price range. During the field test, it performed amazingly with its dual-band WiFi. So, if you are to take a combo and have a low-budget, you can go for it.
7. TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem
The best modems for Cox ensures some basic functions and comes with affordable prices. That is why our reviews are beneficial for our readers. You will see that this modem comes with the latest technologies and you can buy it today for the best available price.
- Eliminate Rental Fee: Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee - Up to $120 per year
- Cable Modem Only: You will also need a router to enable Wi-Fi
- Faster Speed: DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an...
- You can get up to 343 Mbps download and 143 upload speed supported by all cable internet service providers.
- The modem has DOCSIS 3.0 technology with 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels so that the bandwidth be always there for you.
- With advanced channel bonding technology, streaming and gaming will never be slowed down again.
- It comes with all the necessary firewalls so that no one can breach your home network’s privacy and security.
- The setup of the modem is effortless, and any non-technical person can do it within 5 minutes.
The reliability and performance of this modem are so good that it was awarded for being the modem with the highest customer satisfaction in 2017. With a connection from Cox, you can go for the packages with 300 Mbps speed. This modem is capable of handling more speed, but the hat is the limit here.
With all those features, it also maintains the security and safety of your home network. If you replace the old device that you got it for rent with this one, it will save you more money every year. The amount is so much that you will be able to buy a new device every year. With the web-interface of the modem, any non-technical person can even set the modem up within a few minutes.
8. MOTOROLA MG7540 16×4 Cable Modem
If you were looking for the best modem router combo for Comcast or Cox, this might be the model for you. Network devices from Motorola are always trusted and perform better than others. The modem in this combo is capable of handling 686 Mbps connection from the service providers.
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1600 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router...
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum,...
- Built-in high-speed WiFi router with AC1600 Wi-Fi provides Internet access for WiFi devices...
- The built-in router has 2 bands and can give you a maximum of 1.6 Gbps speed over the wireless network.
- It has DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem that can give you 16×4 channel bonding so that you don’t get a slower internet connection.
- The device can support multiple devices at the same time and also support wired connections with Gigabit speed.
- It comes with beamforming technology and powerful antennas to give you coverage over a wide area with reliable connectivity.
- The user interface of this modem router combo is easy, and it won’t take long to set up the whole network.
However, you will be able to opt for a maximum of 300 Mbps, and it can still be the best. Moreover, it has AC1600 WiFi that will give you a maximum of 1.6 Gbps over the wireless connections. So, there will be no chances for the bottle-neck situation and not getting the speed you are supposed to get.
You can connect all types of wireless devices to the router and use different services simultaneously. As the router can operate on 2 bands, the devices will stay connected to the fastest channel. So, those are all reasons that make it worth your money.
9. ARRIS Surfboard (16×4) Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem
Here, we got another model from ARRIS that is considered to be one of the best modem for Cox users. It is compatible with all the major cable internet service providers, and anyone can buy this modem.
- 3 products in 1: 16x4 Cable Modem, AC1600 Dual band Wi-Fi Router, 2 Port Gigabit Router
- APPROVED on Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Bright house Networks), Cox and other...
- Cable Modem: 16 DOWNLOAD & 4 UPLOAD channels to maximize your Cable ISP service offerings. APPROVED...
- This cable modem has 16×4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0 technology that will let you have a connection speed of 300 Mbps.
- The AC1600 dual-band router that comes with this device will ensure a maximum of 1.6 Gbps speed over the wireless connections.
- On the back, it has 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports so that you get the same high speed in the wired connections.
- With powerful amplifiers and beamforming technology, you will get reliable WiFi connectivity over a wide area.
- The 2.4 GHz band can reach distant corners, and the 5 GHz band can give you the maximum download speed.
This is not a budget-friendly modem but an affordable modem router combo. The router is capable of 1.6 Gbps download speed for all the devices connected to the wireless network.
But don’t think that you will get that much internet speed because you won’t get such connection speed from your service provider. So, read the reviews, and you will know how good this combo performs.
10. Motorola MG7700 24×8 Cable Modem
We are going to end the review with another combo, and this one is from Motorola. Our experts already love a modem from Motorola, and this one didn’t disappoint us.
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit...
- Eliminate up to $156 per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and...
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi...
- This DOCSIS 3.0 modem comes with 24×8 channel bonding, which means that you will get the maximum bandwidth.
- The modem is capable of handling up to 1000 Mbps, where the permitted limit is 600 Mbps, which is enough for homes.
- You can stream HD videos and play online games smoothly on multiple devices as it has an AC1900 dual-band router.
- The WiFi will give you a maximum of 1.9 Gbps download speed over the wireless connections.
- With its any beam feature and 2 bands, you will get an uninterrupted and speedy connection over a long-range.
With AC1900 dual-band WiFi router and 24×8 channels DOCSIS 3.0 modem, you will surely be able to get the best cable internet package from your service provider.
After just one year of using this combo, your investment will be back, and it will be your profit for the rest of the period. So, get this combo now after checking its availability and customer reviews.
What is the best modem for Cox?
The best modem or modem router combo for Cox users will have some modern features. Read the following 5 factors, and you will be able to find the best modem like us.
The first thing before buying a modem to look for is the technology it comes with. Don’t buy a modem that has anything less than DOCSIS 3.0 because previous versions are slower and can’t give you enough bandwidth. The best one to go for is the DOCSIS 3.1, that is the latest technology, and you will find some modems on our list with this new module. For example, MOTOROLA Cable Modem and NETGEAR Nighthawk have the one we are talking about here.
After that, see the Ethernet port of the modem because you won’t be able to enjoy faster internet connection unless it has Gigabit Ethernet. Usually, modems come with a single Gigabit Ethernet port, and that is enough. You can connect a router or a switch to the modem and use the internet in multiple devices.
This one means the number of downstream channels and upstream channels of the modem. More numbers mean you will have a wider path and faster connection. If you see the specs, you will notice something like 24×8 or 16×4 format. It means 24 downstream channels and 8 upstream channels or 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels, respectively.
As you ensure the increased number of channels, you can automatically expect to have more speed. The modems show their highest capability on the product description, but in reality, the speed is much slower. That is okay because the slower speed will still be enough for supporting multiple devices. For example, a modem might show a maximum of 686 Mbps for download speed where it can support the internet packages with 300 Mbps.
Finally, you should know how much you can spend on the modem. Because buying the best cable modem for Xfinity or Cox will not be all, and you will need to buy a router. Depending on the coverage area and users, you will have to choose. So, set your budget and divide it for router and modem. Or else, you can select a combo on our list and save some effort into managing separate devices.
Now, you know how we chose the modems and combos for you. There are several other factors, too, so that you get the best thing from the market. If you don’t have the time to research and want our recommendation, you can go with the MOTOROLA Model MB7420. In case of having some extra money for a combo, you must order the NETGEAR Nighthawk Combo.
The above recommendation will get you the best modem for Cox. After years of using those devices, many users shared their experiences, and our experts verified those. With overall performance, quality, and reliability, you can choose one of those 2 suggested modems.
Last update on 2020-02-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API