Whether it’s the device weight or the overall user experience, mirrorless cameras are more preferred by users than DSLR cameras. Mirrorless cameras are lighter, easier to carry, and are much easier and more efficient for taking videos.
If you’re looking for a good mirrorless camera but have a limited budget in mind, were are here to help. Here is a review of the ten best mirrorless cameras under 1000.
These cameras are the most popular because of their ease of use, good automatic and manual features, and overall great video and still results. So if you’re shopping for a top-quality mirrorless model, the following cameras should be on your list.
Compare Fujifilm X-T3 and Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark-II Mirrorless Camera
Can’t decide whether a Fujifilm X-T3 or Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark-II Mirrorless Camera is best for you? Here is a comparison of the two cameras to help you decide.
The 10 Best Mirrorless Cameras Under 1000
1. Fujifilm X-T3 mirrorless Camera
Fujifilm is one of the pioneers in modern digital cameras and when it comes to their mirrorless digital models, you won’t be disappointed. It is also one of the best mirrorless cameras under $1000.
The X-T3 has 26.1MP with an X Trans CMOS4 and an X-Processor 4 CPU. This controls moire as well as false color minus any optical low pass filter.
The X-Processor offers updated image processing abilities, enhanced tracking of moving objects, and improved video-taking capabilities.
New to using mirrorless cameras? The X-T3 has 16 film simulation modes. It features a large EVF at 3.69 million-dot high res with higher magnification values. You’ll shoot at 30 fps high-speed continuous shooting minus any rolling shutter distortions.
- With X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4
- 16 Film Simulation modes, a large viewfinder, the higher magnification ratio
- Fastest refresh rates 100 fps and continuous shooting up to 30 fps
- Sports finder mode, enhanced AF, face and eye-detection AF
- 4K movie recording, simultaneous 4K HDMI, and internal SD card recording
- With a 3.5mm headphone jack, Improved buttons, and dials
- FUJINON cinema lenses and tiltable touchscreen panel
- Dimensions: 8 x 5.60 x 6.40 inches , 3.10 pounds
The Fujifilm X-T3 offers faster phase detection, improved face and eye detection autofocus, 10-bit color depth, simultaneous 4K HDMI outputs, and internal SD recording.
It is one of the easiest to handle with an expandable 3.5mm headphone and microphone, tilting touchscreen panels, improved analog buttons and dials, and comfortable operation.
The Fujifilm X-T3 is best mirrorless camera under $1000. You can purchase this as the base only (camera only) or in varying lens and lens kits. There’s the base with an XF16-55 mm F2.8 LM WR kit, with an XF16-80 mm lens kit, with an XF35 mm F2 R WR in black, with an XF50-140 mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR, and with an XF 18-55 lens.
2. Canon EOS M50 mirrorless camera
The Canon EOS M50 is a mirrorless camera perfect for video blogging and taking fast and continuous shots. It is considered the most popular mirrorless camera under 1000 as it comes with several shooting modes that can make it easy for anyone new to the hobby.
The EOS M50 is one of the most compact and very easy-to-use mirrorless from Canon. It is capable of shooting a stunning 4K video at 4K UHD 24p and has a wider autofocus area with advanced tracking and eye detection.
- With Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus, 24.1 MP APS C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor and variable angle LCD touchscreen
- High res electronic viewfinder
- Compatible with EOS Utility Webcam (Beta Mode) for Windows and Mac
- Capable of shooting 4K UHD video and autofocus tracking, eye-detection autofocus
- Connects using Bluetooth, NFC, and Wi-Fi with Auto Image Transfer feature to any compatible device
- Dimensions: 2.30 x 4.60 x 3.50 inches, 0.86 pounds
Enjoy taking shots and videos with the EOS M50’s 24.1 MP APS-C CMOS sensor as well as the DIGIC 8 Processor. You can change lenses but no matter what you use, you still get great color, clearer shots with impressive dynamic range.
And because you need to share your stills and videos right away, this mirrorless camera will let you do it in an instant with its built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC connections. You can also use the Automatic Image Transfer feature to quickly transfer your shots to any compatible device.
The Canon EOS M50 is perfect for vlogging. You can purchase this as a camera body only (camera only), as a set called the “Video Creator Kit”, with an EF-M 15-45 mm lens, with an EF-M 15-45 mm + EF-M 55-200 mm lens, and with an EF-M 15-45, mm lens + stand. You can enhance your setup by adding an SDHC memory card, camera strap, and mounting adapter.
3. Sony Alpha a6400 mirrorless camera
The Sony Alpha a6400 is a mirrorless camera with a compact body and an interchangeable lens. This is one of the most advanced cameras from Sony as it is equipped with the APS-C image sensor with 24.2MP to produce the best image quality and improved light collection.
It is a mirrorless camera with the fastest AF using a 4D FOCUS system which can capture even the fastest moving object in 0.02 seconds. You will get the best results with its real-time eye autofocus while real-time tracking autofocus uses object recognition to process depth and color.
- 24.2 MP Exmor CMOS sensor and fastest autofocus speed at 0.02 seconds
- Real-time eye autofocus plus real-time object autofocus tracking
- Capable of shooting 4K HDR videos and 180-degree touchscreen, tiltable
- Many touchscreen LCD functions with Wi-Fi for fast and easy file transfers
- Dimensions: 6.20 x 9.20 x 4.55 inches, 24.2 1.7 pounds
The Sony Alpha a6400 offers high-resolution images plus continuous shooting with high frame rates. You’ll be able to shoot music videos with this camera in 4k with smooth hybrid AF to keep the subject in smooth focus and it does not matter what the scene is.
This mirrorless camera also comes with a versatile tiltable touchscreen so you can use this for vlogging or check your settings or files as the camera sits on an E Mount. Also, you will enjoy different movie settings such as time-lapse or slow-motion/quick motion, all without the need for post-processing.
The Sony Alpha a6400 mirrorless camera is another vlogging and selfie camera because of its many impressive features. This is available in a variety of lens formats including a 50 mm, 55 to 210 mm, 16 to 50 mm, 18 to 105 mm, 18 to 135 mm, and a 35 mm lens.
4. Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II camera
Olympus is one of the most trusted names in cameras and the OM-D E-MI Mark II is their latest version of mirrorless cameras and one of their top mirrorless cameras under 1000.
This camera is small, compact, and very light; just what you’re looking for in a mirrorless camera. It is fast, capable of capturing full-resolution RAW shots at 60 frames per second in S-AF and 18 fps in C-AF mode.
It is fast and accurate as it can capture even split-second events with its dual autofocus system with 121 points of Phase Detection and Contrast Detection autofocus.
- 20.4 MP live MOS sensor and TruePic VII dual-quad core chip
- Dual autofocus system, on-chip Phase Detection, and Contrast Detection autofocus
- 5-Axis image stabilization, Capable of 4K and Cinematic 4K
- Weatherproof, dustproof, freezeproof, and splashproof
- Choose from different shooting modes and continuous speed at 20 frames per second
- Dimensions: 2.70 x 5.30 x 3.60 inches, 1.10 pounds
Under the hood is a versatile 5-Axis Image Stabilizer that guarantees the best results even when there’s a lot of movement. It is best mirrorless under 1000 with the latest M.Zuiko PRO lens which comes with a built-in lens stabilizer.
Capture 4K and Cinematic 4K videos without the need to use stabilizing equipment thanks to its built-in image stabilizer and electronic stabilization feature.
Finally, you can use this Olympus mirrorless camera even in tough weather conditions like rain, snow, or ice. The outer cover acts as a seal to protect the delicate components from water, dust, cold and hot temperatures. Choose from different video and image modes like the Pro Capture mode, High-Resolution Shot Mode, Silent Mode, Live Composite Mode, and Focus Stacking to name a few.
5. Fujifilm X-T30 Mirrorless Digital Camera
The Fujifilm X-T30 is a compact and sleek camera with enhanced image technology that’s great for beginners and seasoned photographers alike. Under the hood is an X Series 4th Gen X-Trans CMOS 4 Sensor with 26.1 MP resolution.
A beginner can use the different control modes for easy operation. This includes Program, Shutter Speeds Priority, Manual, and Aperture Priority. The Auto Mode chooses the best settings from 58 pre-set settings.
- 26.1 MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor
- X-Processor 4 Quad-Core CPU, various Control Modes, and Auto Mode
- Faster autofocus, with mechanical and electronic shutters, face and eye-detection autofocus
- Face Select feature, Capable of shooting 4K or 30P videos, with Film Simulation settings
- Tilting touchscreen, capacitive touchscreen panel
- With Bluetooth and camera remote app with RAW Developing Tools
- This comes as a camera body only, with no accessories
- Dimensions: 7.91 x 6.89 x 4.96 inches, 2.20 pounds
The X-T30 lets you capture faster and more accurate scenes. It can shoot continuously at 8 frames per second in full res with the mechanical shutter. The electronic shutter lets you capture continuous shots, blackout-free images at 30 frames per second.
You can use this mirrorless camera to take 4K or 30P videos plus different Film Simulation modes will let you capture 4K videos in various scenes including ETERNA, ACROS, and CLASSIC CHROME. The 3.0-inch LCD touchscreen tilts and has multiple controls for autofocus, function settings, and shooting settings.
Fujifilm X-T30 has advanced multi-directional levers so it’s easier to handle. The design is more comfortable to hold as it has improved grip. This camera can connect using Bluetooth for easy file transfer and comes with a free camera remote app.
6. Panasonic Lumix G9 4K mirrorless camera
The Lumix G9 Hybrid Mirrorless Camera is a professional tool that can capture 4K videos and 6K photo bursts. Considered Panasonic’s best mirrorless camera under 1000 dollars, this has one of the largest OLED viewfinders at 0.83x LVF for improved visibility and framing.
In Night Mode, you can reduce eye strain plus the rear and LVF may be set to night mode or default mode separately.
RAW recording at 80MP lets you capture videos in a high-resolution mode in 80 MP. Use the large LCD on top of the camera to conveniently and quickly check the camera status.
Inside is a 5-Axis dual image stabilizer 2.0 that removes any blur due to shaking especially in 4K recording.
- 20.3 MP + 80 MP high res RAW images
- Micro four-thirds sensor and capable of shooting 4K videos
- Magnesium alloy body, splashproof, freezeproof, dustproof
- Large OLED viewfinder 0.83x with night mode and 5-Axis dual image stabilizer
- Easy to use the status viewfinder on top
- With 2 SD card slots and three modes
- Connects using Bluetooth 4.2 and Wi-Fi, with camera remote control app
- Dimensions: 5.39 x 3.83 x 3.61 inches, 1.45 pounds
The Lumix G9 is completely expandable with the Relay mode to move from a full SD card to an empty one. You can easily transfer files to any compatible device as this camera has built-in Bluetooth 4.2 and Wi-Fi.
This also comes with a camera remote control app. This camera is slightly heavier than other Lumix 4K photo-capable cameras but most users say it’s worth it.
This professional mirrorless camera comes with all the accessories you need including a rechargeable battery, AC charger, battery charger, camera strap, body camera cap, USB cable, hot shoe cover, and a quick start guide. This Lumix camera has a variety of lenses available and is sold separately from the base unit.
7. Canon EOS RP mirrorless camera
The Canon EOS RP is a full-frame mirrorless camera that’s portable, compact, and very light. Under the hood is a full-frame CMOS that will let you capture stunning images in rich color and detail.
This is the best full frame mirrorless camera under 1000. This mirrorless camera has the fastest autofocus with its Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus at 0.05 seconds. Use autofocus even in the dark with a large AF area for enhanced focusing even for out-of-focus objects.
- 26.2 MP CMOS sensor
- Faster autofocus with Dual Pixel CMOS AF, night time and dark autofocus capable
- Customizable autofocus areas: eye detection, face and tracking, zone and expanded modes
- EOS RP latest firmware updates
- Easy to use with large touchscreen LCD and extended grip
- Compatible with all types of RF and EF or EF-S lenses
- Dimension: 2.8 x 5.2 x 3.3 inches, 2.7 pounds
Use autofocus even in total darkness with its EV-5 low light settings. Select from different autofocus area modes like Face + Tracking priority, Eye Detection, Zone, and Expanded.
The EOS RP has the latest firmware updates with enhancements to Eye Detection, frame tracking, and more autofocus and tracking features. Capture fast-moving subjects with the faster AF frame display with very minimal delay. This camera is easy to use, perfect for beginners.
You can operate all the camera features as you look at the electronic viewfinder. This camera has a 3.0-inch variable angle touchscreen to let you shoot from different angles and to shoot selfies. Hold this firmly using the extension grip so you can hold the camera safely while moving or while changing SD cards or batteries.
This Canon mirrorless camera is ideal for vlogging and as an HD webcam. It is available in different kits or you can purchase the body only. Choose from a body or base with a mount adapter and EF24 – 105 mm lens, with an RF 24-105 USM Lens, with an RF 24 – 105 mm STM lens, or an RF 24 – 240 USM lens. You can also get this base mirrorless camera with an 85 mm lens, a mount adapter, and an extension grip in various models.
8. Sony Alpha A6100 mirrorless camera
The Sony Alpha A6100 Mirrorless Camera has an interchangeable lens and is available in different lens kits. The A6100 lets you enjoy faster, more accurate hybrid autofocus and tracking; features you need to shoot top-quality 4K videos.
This is an easy-to-use camera that lets you capture images or videos in natural skin tones. It has real-time Eye autofocus and the most realistic vibrant color reproduction.
- 24.2 MP APS-C Exmor sensor, enhanced LSI and ISO sensitivity to ISO 51200
- Fastest hybrid autofocus for videos, real-time eye autofocus for humans and animals
- 11 fps with AF/AE and AI-based features
- Easy file transfer with Wi-Fi, QR, and NFC
- LCD touchscreen moves 180 degrees upwards and 74 degrees downwards
- External microphone jack
- Dimensions: 6.18 x 5.67 x 4.53 inches, 1.13 pounds
This Sony camera comes with the latest AI features that let you take the best shots. It can keep track of your subject, provide precise and auto face detection of humans and animals, and come with a variety of settings.
Transfer files seamlessly and quickly with Wi-Fi, NFC, and QR while the touchscreen LCD can tilt upwards or downwards for low-angle shooting. Easy self-framing for vlogs and selfies with its tiltable camera monitor.
The Sony Alpha is an A6100 mirrorless camera that is perfect for vlogging and for taking sharp selfies and action shots. It is available as a camera only, with a 16-50 mm lens, 16-50 mm and 55-210 mm lenses, 18-105 mm lens, 18-135 lens, 50 mm lens, and 70-350 mm lens. An Accessory Kit is also available which includes all the camera accessories you will need.
9. Ricoh GR III mirrorless Compact Camera
The Ricoh GR III is a compact digital camera with a 24.2 MP sensor and power chip. Under the hood is an updated GR lens with an improved shake reduction feature for improved image stabilization.
You can record videos even in dimly lit areas and take photos and videos in the best image quality with its GR Engine. This camera has a 3.0-inch HD LCD screen that allows full operation of the camera including autofocus frameshifts, menu selectors, and efficient image magnification.
This is a compact mirrorless camera made from a very strong magnesium alloy that protects the camera in various environmental conditions. The GR III offers wireless transfer of files to paired devices through its wireless LAN functions.
- 24 MP CMOS Sensor plus accelerator
- 3-Axis image stabilizer with stop shake reduction
- Can be used with the 14-bit RAW recording
- With 3-inches capacitive touch LCD and fast hybrid autofocus
- Wireless LAN functions for easy file transfers
- Capable of full HD recording
- Dimensions: 4.31 x 1.31 x 2.44 inches, 0.57 pounds
It can pair with laptops, tablets, computers, and smartphones. Live sync functions are also available as you can check a live image from your paired device and even control this camera from your device.
This Ricoh camera can record in full HD with H.264 format. This camera has a host of accessories available. Take note that these are sold separately but will greatly enhance your usage. These include the wide conversion lens, silver lens ring, Pentax AF201FG flash, and leather case.
10. Canon EOS M6 Mark II mirrorless camera
The Canon EOS M6 Mark II is Canon’s best mirrorless camera under $1000 with a compact and lightweight design with a 32.5 MP CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor for faster, high-speed shots and a lot of features to make all kinds of videos and stills.
The EOS M6 Mark II comes with an electronic viewfinder that provides full coverage and 2.36 million dot res. It’s easy to shoot pictures with this camera as you just need to choose your focus point with the new Touch & Drag autofocus. Shoot fast-moving objects using the continuous shooting feature that takes 14 frames per second.
- 32.5 MP CMOS APS-C sensor and DIGIC 8 processor
- Electronic viewfinder with 100% coverage and 2.36 million dot res
- Touch & Drag autofocus and optional electronic viewfinder
- Hi-speed continuous shooting at 14 frames per second
- 30 frames per second RAW Burst Mode
- EV-5 low lighting capable, face and eye-tracking autofocus
- Capable of capturing 4K videos
- Expansive autofocus area, selectable AF points, and areas
- Tilt & Touch 3.0-inch LCD
- Dimensions: 1.9 x 4.7 x 2.8 inches, 14.4 ounces
This Canon Mark II comes with an electronic shutter that provides minimum shutter speeds of around 1/16000 of a second. This freezes high-speed movements and captures everything in the finest detail.
Use the RAW Burst Mode to capture 0.5 seconds of images which is before you activate the shutter. Because of the 32.5 MP and CMOS sensor, you can capture all kinds of images in the sharpest detail. Improve focus with face tracking and eye tracking autofocus.
This is a precise and fast autofocus that can help you record stunning 4K videos. And finally, you can use the Mark II with a variety of EF and EF-S lenses to let you capture a wider focus area at 88% more horizontal and 100% vertical. Choose from different AF modes such as Face + Tracking, Single Pont, Zone and so much more.
You can even take excellent shots at night or under low-lighting conditions. This mirrorless camera has a large 3.0-inch LCD that can tilt 180 degrees upwards and 45 degrees downwards to let you check on your image as you capture low-lying objects and for taking excellent selfie shots.
The Canon EOS M6 Mark II is the best for vlogging, selfie shots, action shots, and 4K video recording. It is available in two different styles: the EF-M 15 – 45 mm lens with EVF and the EF-M 18 – 150 mm lens with EVF. And because this is a Canon, expect tons of lenses and accessories that are compatible with this mirrorless camera.
Almost all the best mirrorless camera under $1000 on our list have impressive and the latest features but to find the best camera for your needs, you need to closely consider some factors.
Always consider your camera handling skills. Most mirrorless cameras are meant for beginners and skilled hobbyists but some are only meant for professionals.
Aside from video and photo-taking features, consider the camera’s accessories, the availability of compatible lenses, and battery life. Also, take note of the camera’s connectivity as you want to transfer files to your smartphone, laptop, or PC.
Almost all mirrorless cameras are easy to handle, more compact, and lighter but it’s still important to check the specs to be sure you’re getting a device that you can handle.