These days, life without the internet is tough so with that in mind, we are here to help you choose the best modem for Mediacom. Mediacom provides the fastest internet at a decent price. In the USA, Medicom is the 5th largest cable provider plus this is best for both single and multiple uses.
Before purchasing a modem you should decide which speed you need. Do you need a Mediacom Xtream modem or Mediacom cable modem? This guide is going to share the best modems that work with Mediacom, let’s get into the discussion.
10 Best Mediacom Compatible Modems 2021
There are many Mediacom compatible modems available when you search online or at the market. Here are the 10 best modems that will work best for you. Read the whole guide so that you can choose the best one for you.
1. MOTOROLA 8×4 Cable Modem
MOTOROLA 8×4 MB7220 Cable Modem is the best cable modem for Xfinity, this is a high-speed modem that is compatible with Mediacom. Also, this is a less expensive choice yet provides the fastest download speed. The maximum download speed is 343 Mbps, this makes the best for gaming.
- This motorola mb7220 cable modem provides up to 343 Mbps that is eight times faster than DOCSIS 2.0.
- The maximum actual download speed is 200+ Mbps.
- Two year satisfied warranty plus power surge circuits and rugged lightning.
- With the computer device, gaming station, HDTV or wireless router this can be connected.
- In this Xfinity cable modem, you can save 156 dollars per year so it would be a smart choice.
It works with any WiFi router that contains an Ethernet WAN port. Choose any WiFi router you like and easily connect this to the router – just plug into the router and you are done. This modem is also easy to connect with any gaming router or a mesh router.
You can plug this into any Ethernet device, gaming station, HDTV or computer. Without the help of an expert, it is possible to install this. From the date of purchase, this Mediacom internet modem comes with two years of warranty.
2. MOTOROLA 24×8 Cable Modem
If you need the faster download speed then you can choose this cable modem. One of the best modem router combo for Comcast for using many devices together without any speed issues. Also, you will get the speed that you are paying for.
- The maximum download speed is 1000 Mbps.
- 246 is the upload speed for the 8 bonding channels.
- Easy to connect to any streaming video device, computer, game station, HDTV or a WiFi router.
- Two years of the satisfied warranty provide this cable modem.
The motorola mb7621 cable modem setup is a breeze and this comes with a good instructions guide. You just need to hook the cable to your device and you are done. But this modem should be kept in a well-ventilated area since the heat output is not much good.
And if you use this modem in a closed room then it will impact its lifespan, as well as, on the performance. Overall, this is the best modem.
3. ARRIS SURFboard Docsis 3.1 Gigabit Speed Cable Modem
Arris sb8200 cable modem would be the best option for you if you are seeking the gigabit bandwagon for your home internet package. In terms of hardware, internet speed, and stability also for latency this model is fantastic.
- The perfect choice for online gaming and 4K HD video.
- Best for the 300 Mbps internet plans or more also, provides 8 upload channels and 32 downloads channels.
- It provides two-gigabit ethernet ports.
- DOCSIS 3 is compatible with the backward.
- This does not include WiFi so the cable modem is only required.
- The 2nd Ethernet port doesn’t support the Cox (if you use Cox, remember this).
This super-easy setup cable modem also offers you save on your monthly rental fees. Arris is the best cable modem for Mediacom as this cable is compatible with the major US cable providers.
The downside is – it only provides cable internet and doesn’t support any cable digital voice service. But this is a great choice at a decent price and provides the fastest internet. For the best browsing standards, it supports IPv4 and IPv6.
4. MOTOROLA MG7315 8×4 Cable Modem
Purchase this two years warranty cable modem for your home if you want to get the WiFi convenience of use. It provides 450 Mbps maximum WiFi speed that is sufficient for your home or office as well.
- Up to 343 Mbps is the maximum download speed that is bonding 8-channel.
- This is a built-in router to provide high-speed internet.
- Within a minute it is easy to install and start.
- 2.4 GHz is the single band of this 8×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable.
- It provides four Gigabit Ethernet ports, a firewall and more.
- 200 Mbps speeds are certified by Comcast and the Charter Spectrum certified this up to 150 Mbps speeds.
- This modem does not deliver the telephone service as it does not provide the telephone jack.
You can connect your smartphones, computers, HDTVs, game stations, tablets or other Ethernet and WiFi devices to this MOTOROLA MG7315 since this cable modem is built-in WiFi.
5. MOTOROLA MG7550 16×4 Cable Modem
Connect your device to this fastest cable modem and stream anything you love. This cable modem has the WiFi access plus this has a great speed level compared to above four cable modem also, providing connecting all the devices you want.
- The maximum actual internet download speed is 300+. And 1900 is the maximum WiFi speed.
- It provides 4 Ethernet ports.
- This Motorola provides 2 years of warranty.
- It is capable of connecting all the devices, such as – smartphones, tablets, computers, HDTVs, game stations, any streaming device, etc.
- It has wireless WiFi power boost technology that delivers the higher WiFi speeds also, extending the WiFi range.
It is a built-in AC1900 dual-band that is 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. It supports 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem. Per year, you can save $156 but the actual saving is depending on the service provider you use.
The motorola ac1900 provides the fastest internet to all devices you use – 16-channel bonding for maximum download is 686Mbps and for 4-channel bonding up to 123 speeds. You can use your smartphones, computers, tablets, game station, any video streaming devices, etc.
6. ZOOM TELEPHONIC DOCSIS 3.0 5341-00-00J 343Mbps Cable Modem
Zoom provides the fastest internet and it has many positive reviews from its customers which means this is one of the best Mediacom compatible modems that you can choose to buy. It has a 343 Mbps download stream that is quite good.
- The downstream is up to 343 Mbps and the upstream is 143 Mbps.
- It supports all the cable modem standards whether it is 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0.
- You will get a flexible and powerful network including IPv4 and IPv6.
- Zoom docsis 3.0 cable modem 2 years of warranty from the date of purchase.
- This modem can be connected to any Ethernet device.
To get the fastest internet experience, you can choose this one. It takes less than five minutes to set up the modem. It is considered the best modem router combo for Comcast since this works with Comcast.
But on the top and bottom side, this modem gets hot but this doesn’t affect the performance. However, this works perfectly on Windows or Macintosh or any other Ethernet-enabled devices.
7. NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000
If you need unlimited WiFi then this would be your choice. It takes approximately 5 minutes to set up the modem also, this works the best with any WiFi router (you have to buy one separately).
- You can plan up to 1 Gigabit speed as this is built for unlimited speed.
- It can support all the wireless devices, you have to just connect any WiFi router to this modem’s Ethernet.
- The DOCSIS 3.1, OFDM 2×2, and engineered with 32×8 channel bonding.
- Saves up to 168 dollars per year.
- 5 minutes easy setup.
It provides up to 1 Gigabit speed that makes this the best cable modem for Xfinity. This modem helps you save up to $168 per year. But this is not compatible with DSL providers, CenturyLink, AT&T, Verizon, and any bundled voice services.
Netgear is built for extreme speed as it has 1Gbps speeds that ensure ultra-reliable internet speed that provides multi-player gaming or 4k HD streaming and much more. The user interface is very easy for these Mediacom compatible modems.
8. MOTOROLA MB7420 16×4 Cable Modem
For the Xfinity or Comcast users, Motorola MB7420 provides the fastest setup. This would be an excellent internet investment since it eliminates your monthly candle modem rental fees and approximately you can save 156 dollars per year.
- Two years satisfied warranty from the date of purchase.
- The weight is 9.3 ounces.
- Dimensions of this modem are 4.9 x 2 x 6.1 inches.
- The maximum internet download speed is 686 Mbps plus it bonding 16 channels.
- 123 Mbps is the upload speed for 4 channel bonding.
- Channel bonding is 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0.
- This doesn’t contain a telephone adapter or phone jack plus this is not a built-in wireless router.
This Mediacom compatible modem provides 300+ Mbps internet download speed, and it provides GigE Ethernet port so it can be connected to any internet-capable device, computer or any router. This is sixteen times faster than DOCSIS 2.0.
You can choose a gaming router or a mesh router for this and if the Ethernet doesn’t work with the router then you can plug this to your computer, game station or HDTV. You will get more reliable and faster internet since it is a full-band capture digital tuner.
9. NETGEAR Gigabit Cable Modem (32×8) DOCSIS 3.1
If you are seeking a Mediacom compatible modem that will take your internet experience level to a whole new level then NETGEAR Gigabit should be your choice. This has many positive reviews from its customers and people are happy with their internet.
- It supports all the cable internet as it has Gigabit speed.
- It has a DOCSIS 3.0 network-compatible backward.
- 10x fastest speeds compared to DOCSIS 3.0 also, has the 32×8 channel bonding.
- It can be used in different devices, such as – computers, game stations, etc.
- This modem is very lightweight and has 2.15 pounds of weight.
- The size of this modem is – 10.2 x 7.2 x 4.5 inches
Within 5 minutes this modem can be set up – this Netgear DOCSIS 3.1 comes with a nice price. This would be a perfect choice also, this will free you from paying monthly rent to the cable company (this is a hassle). And per year you can save some dollars as well.
Paying for this modem is worth every penny since it has a great connection that covers all over your house. You can now download 10x faster that is very amazing. Choose this modem with eyes closed if you need a perfect functional modem.
10. Arris/Motorola SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
With the up to date features, this Motorola SB6121 is a strong performer. It perfectly can work on any cable systems since it is a full DOCSIS-3.0 modem. This modem provides trouble-free installation, and this will give you the fastest upload and download speeds.
- Motorola SB6121 is DOCSIS 3.0 certified.
- Depending on the cable internet service provider it has 131 Mbps upload speeds and it is capable of up to 172 Mbps.
- The arris sb6121 cable modem supports Mac, Windows, and Linux computers and supports IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- 6 x 2 x 6 inches are the dimensions of this modem.
- The weight is only 1 pound so very easy to carry in case you need it.
This is a very durable modem compared to other standard models but it is less expensive than other cable modems on the market. It has the Ethernet port that is handy to connect this to any computer or router as well.
The WiFi signal is good, and they provide the best tech support so far also, it provides the easy to use and install as well as we mentioned above. This works with Comcast so it would be the best modem router combo for Comcast.
Within a few minutes, you can set up this modem – just plug and play installation. This provides a multi-language user guide so the installation and using this modem is super easy.
Why are Mediacom Compatible Modems The Best?
On the market, many modems are available but among them, the Mediacom compatible modems are the best for some decent reasons. Above we have discussed the 10 best Mediacom compatible modems, but why the Mediacom compatible modems the best? Okay, let’s get into the discussion and find out the answer –
Mediacom has impressive high-end internet speeds – this is the main reason this one is the best of all. Their internet speeds start from 60 Mbps to 1000 Mbps. That is huge for extreme users, especially for online gamers.
For the home video streaming only 100 Mbps is sufficient but if you have other users who love playing online games then you can use the extra speeds as well. Mediacom provides buffer-free speeds and always maintains high-speed for its users. To eliminate the dead zones, Mediacom provides the Xtreme WiFi mesh system.
Mediacom internet modem is the best choice for people who are extreme internet users. You can choose the data plan depending on your use but the plans and price vary depending on the area you live in. The plans of Mediacom start from 60 Mbps to 1000 Mbps.
You can choose the plan either 60 Mbps, 100 Mbps, 200 Mbps or 500 Mbps or 1000 Mbps – any plans you need for your home or office. The starting price is $25 and it increases by $10 the plan you choose.
The Xtreme WiFi router is the best for a home between 1,000 and 3,000 sq feet. The wonderful fact is – for the first three months they offer this system free for the users where beyond the cost per month is $5. You can consider the Xtreme if you cannot maintain any strong WiFi.
In the country, Mediacom is available in 22 states. You can connect to the Medicom right from your home. Just visit their website and follow the instructions.
You now can understand why the Mediacom compatible modems are the best. It provides the impressive, as well as, unique speeds data than other sites.
We’ve covered the 10 best Mediacom internet modem and all of them are the best in their own ways. Every modem model has the best quality of features that makes them different from each other. Among all of them, the NETGEAR cable modem CM1000 is the perfect one.
It provides unlimited Wifi to its users, and the settings take only 5 minutes and you are ready to surf the internet. The user interface is very easy and on the market, people love this one best. You can consider buying this Mediacom internet modem.
- 10 Best Mediacom Compatible Modems 2021
- 1. MOTOROLA 8×4 Cable Modem
- 2. MOTOROLA 24×8 Cable Modem
- 3. ARRIS SURFboard Docsis 3.1 Gigabit Speed Cable Modem
- 4. MOTOROLA MG7315 8×4 Cable Modem
- 5. MOTOROLA MG7550 16×4 Cable Modem
- 6. ZOOM TELEPHONIC DOCSIS 3.0 5341-00-00J 343Mbps Cable Modem
- 7. NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000
- 8. MOTOROLA MB7420 16×4 Cable Modem
- 9. NETGEAR Gigabit Cable Modem (32×8) DOCSIS 3.1
- 10. Arris/Motorola SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
- Why are Mediacom Compatible Modems The Best?
- Final Verdict