With DSL connections in a lot of homes, buying the best DSL modem router combo is the perfect option for us. Before, 2 devices were needed where. One is used for internet connection and another for WiFi connectivity.
Those days are long gone, and you can have reliable and more secure internet connectivity using a combo. All major service providers support these devices, and you can rely on them for years. So, let’s see the reviews and know how you can save money buying one of these.
- 10 Best DSL Modem Router Combo 2023
- 1. NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi DSL Modem Router
- 2. MOTOROLA VDSL2/ADSL2+ Modem & WiFi AC1600 Gigabit Router
- 3. Technicolor C2000T Wireless ADSL2+ VDSL Modem Router Combo
- 4. NETGEAR N600 Dual Band WiFi ADSL Modem Router
- 5. Actiontec GT701D Ethernet DSL Modem
- 6. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
- 7. TP-Link Archer D7 AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router
- 8. CenturyLink Technicolor C1100T Vdsl2 Modem 802.11n WiFi Router
- 9. TRENDnet AC750 Wireless VDSL2/ADSL2+ Modem Router
- 10. ZOOM ADSL Modem/Router with Wireless-N
- What is the best DSL modem router combo?
- Final Verdict
10 Best DSL Modem Router Combo 2023
1. NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi DSL Modem Router
This is not Comcast’s best modem router combo because it only supports the ADSL internet connection.
If you are not sure about your connection, you can call your service provider. With only an ADSL fast internet connection, you will be able to stream HD videos and play online games without lag.
- The Ready Share cloud feature will allow you to connect mass storage to the combo and have a super-fast file sharing platform.
- With 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz bands, you will get a maximum of 300+867 Mbps speed in multiple devices at the same time.
- Because of its dual-band, QoS, and beamforming technology, you will be able to enjoy uninterrupted internet connectivity.
- The Netgear Genie app will let you configure and manage your network quickly and easily.
- Netgear D6200 comes with parental control, secure guest login, and all other standard security features for WiFi connections.
The WiFi part is capable of providing approximately 1200 Mbps speed on its dual channel. After a year of usage, many customers recommend it for its regular firmware upgrades and reliable performance. With beamforming technology, you will be able to enjoy very reliable and fast WiFi connectivity.
As a result, the router won’t be an issue for slower internet connections. Also, this Netgear DSL router comes with Gigabit Ethernet ports, which won’t let you differentiate between different connections. We think this Device will be worth your investment with a built-in ADSL2+ modem and AC1200 router.
2. MOTOROLA VDSL2/ADSL2+ Modem & WiFi AC1600 Gigabit Router
You can consider this as one of the best DSL modem routers combo because it has a built-in VDSL2/ADSL2+ modem.
As a result, you can have a low-cost and high-speed internet connection in your home or office. You won’t require an additional connection if you already have a telephone line.
- Motorola DSL modem MD1600 comes with 12 status-reporting LEDs, and you will be able to know where the problem is by only looking at those indicators.
- There are ruggedized lightning and power surge circuits to protect your Device from electrical accidents.
- Its two-band operability will ensure the fastest connection for your Device during network congestion.
- With your VDSL2 or ADSL2+ connection, you will be able to enjoy more than 100 Mbps of internet speed, depending on your provider and package.
- On the back, you will get 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for fast wired connections and 1 USB port for local FTP server setup.
So, the modem part is assured to provide the necessary support, and we need to know about the router part. The router has AC1600 standards, and it is compatible with the upcoming WiFi technologies. It will give you Gigabit-level speed on both wired and wireless connections.
Before buying this modem router combo, don’t forget to call your service provider and ask if they support this router. With monthly savings of more than 10 bucks for a modem, depending on the provider, this one is undoubtedly a better option for anyone. Installing it is so easy that it won’t take more than 10 minutes of your time.
3. Technicolor C2000T Wireless ADSL2+ VDSL Modem Router Combo
If you want something more than a DSL modem router combo, you should have the Technicolor C2000T modem.
Because the combo comes with additional VoIP ports and an HPNA connection, your telephone connection won’t have to compromise its features for the sake of internet connectivity.
- There are two ports on the back with which you can add VoIP service-providing devices.
- The modem part in this Device is bonded ADSL2+ and VDSL2 compatible, which will give you a faster internet connection.
- With 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the back and an advanced wireless module, you will get to use the full speed of the DSL connection.
- The USB-3.0 port will allow you to set up an FTP server connecting a mass storage device to the network, supporting multiple users.
- It has all the necessary firewalls and encrypted communication systems to ensure the full security of your home or the office network.
With the router part, you will be able to get internet connectivity, both wired and wirelessly. Its Gigabit Ethernet ports are fast enough to support up to 5 devices at the same time without introducing a lag or interruption. Also, you can connect multiple devices to the WiFi network and stream HD content without buffering.
You can consider buying it with VoIP functions, future-proof technology, and other important features. But one thing you have to ensure is compatibility with your service provider.
You can call their customer care and ask about this model, and they will tell you whether your connection is bonded ADSL2+ or VDSL2.
4. NETGEAR N600 Dual Band WiFi ADSL Modem Router
This Netgear DSL router and modem combo can be the perfect choice for you if you have DSL connections other than AT&T U-verse and CenturyLink VDSL.
Moreover, this is a DLNA compatible device that will allow you to enjoy service-specific devices with uninterrupted connectivity.
- It comes with simultaneous dual-band WiFi operability to support multiple devices on the network.
- With N600 standards, you will get a maximum of 300+300 Mbps speed on the WiFi network and Gigabit speed on the Ethernet.
- It has a separate guest login portal and several firewalls for improved security features.
- Netgear N600 modem router comes with a powerful Dual-core processor so that multiple devices using multiple internet services can have a lag-free experience.
- With the Netgear Genie app, you can configure the connections quickly and monitor the network efficiently.
It means that you will have a unified network that will include TV, HD video streaming, gaming, and many more services. Moreover, the Ready Share USB port will give you an FTP server with Gigabit speed.
On the other hand, if you plan on ditching your DSL connection in the future, you will still be able to use a cable internet connection. Using your cable modem’s WAN port, you can connect this router and use WiFi connectivity in your home. So, we think this will be an excellent combo for DSL connections as well as cable internet connections.
5. Actiontec GT701D Ethernet DSL Modem
If you are looking for a fully functioning modem router combo, you should look for other models because this one has routing capabilities but won’t give you wireless connectivity.
So, if you have a low budget and want a reliable DSL Modem with routing abilities, you can order this one.
- It has multiple security levels with NAT, DoS attack prevention system, website and service blocking, and encrypted communication.
- You can share the internet connection by configuring it with bridge mode and connecting a router to it.
- The power adapter of the Device consumes 30% less power than others, which will reduce your electricity bill.
- It simply works with all DSL service providers leaving you worry-free for compatibility issues.
- The setup process of this modem is very easy, as it can auto-configure your modem with one click from your PC’s browser.
The Device comes with a built-in ADSL2/2+ modem and an Ethernet port for another router or desktop connection. With a faster internet package, you will get all the necessary HD streaming and gaming support. The manufacturer ensured that it would consume less power than others of its eco-friendly design.
Moreover, you won’t have to worry about compatibility issues because it supports almost all major DSL service providers in the US. With all its advanced modem technologies and firewall protection, your privacy and security won’t get breached easily.
On the other hand, installation is easy as you will only need to connect it to your computer and press AutoConnect; the Device will do the rest.
6. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
This Netgear DSL router is one of the best DSL modem router combos you will find on this list. For the modem part, all models are more or less the same, but the routing of this one is very powerful with an extended range compared to other combos.
Despite all the good talks, you won’t be able to use a bonded VDSL connection with this Device.
- The USB ports are capable of connecting mass storage devices and printers so that you can increase your productivity.
- On its routing part, you will get 600 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 1300 Mbps on the 5.0 GHz band.
- The dual-band operability and beamforming technology work together to ensure fast and reliable connections.
- Its advanced WiFi technology allows multiple users to use various internet services simultaneously.
- It comes with high-power amplifiers and antennas so that it can cover a large area leaving no dead WiFi zones.
On the bright side, Netgear Nighthawk D7000 comes with a fast VDSL2/ADSL2+ modem, and the routing portion won’t limit your internet speed.
The only limit is your monthly package and the service provider’s capability. This Netgear combo comes with the AC1900 standard, which can provide 1.9 Gbps speed with its dual-band WiFi network.
Moreover, it comes with Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 multi-function USB ports. As a result, you will be able to connect multiple devices, both wired and wirelessly, without compromising the speed. Though the price is a bit higher, considering it is a renewed device, you will get a reliable performance like a new one.
7. TP-Link Archer D7 AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router
So far, this is the best ADSL router within a moderate budget range, and we highly recommend it to you.
This combo won’t support VDSL connections but will give you the best support you can get for your ADSL connection. The modules used in this Device are compatible with the next-generation WiFi.
- There are 2 USB-3.0 ports in this combo, which will give you more storage device adding options and a large file sharing platform.
- You can easily set up the combo using their web interface and intuitive software design.
- For security reasons, the Device comes with a separate guest network and lets you have parental control for censoring content.
- TP-Link AC1750 modem router uses the latest 802.11ac standards with dual-band operability to ensure maximum speed even when the network is congested.
- The USB port can also connect to a printer giving you the ability to send print commands wirelessly.
You will be impressed by its router part’s wired and wireless connection specs. Among 4 Ethernet ports, one is Gigabit, which will allow you to use another router or Device that needs the maximum speed. Furthermore, the wireless network comes with AC1750 standards, and which means that you will get a maximum of 450+1300 Mbps WiFi speed.
As a result, you won’t face any low-speed internet connectivity issues in your home. In the case of a slower speed, you will know immediately that the fault is at the service provider’s end.
Our experts love it because of all those features, advanced security systems, and a reasonable price tag. The performance and durability test results are also impressive.
8. CenturyLink Technicolor C1100T Vdsl2 Modem 802.11n WiFi Router
Experts think that this is one of the most praised models from Technicolor because of its unique features.
The modem has features that will ensure fast DSL connectivity even when it is under immense pressure.
- The Device has individual LED indicators for showing the status of all features.
- It comes with 1 Gigabit WAN port and 4 Gigabit LAN ports so that you can have multiple wired connections without compromising the speed.
- The USB-2.0 port is capable of connecting either a storage device or a printer that will give you quick access to files or print something wirelessly.
- It has a built-in G.vector that eliminates any crosstalk, which is usually present in a VDSL connection.
- The modem has impulse noise protection, which ensures that there are no errors while there is network congestion.
On the other hand, the routing section can establish a secure, fast, and reliable connection, both wired and wireless. With a powerful modem and capable router, you will get impenetrable internet connectivity.
The combo comes with all the necessary cables and equipment to use it straight out of the box. The setup process and network management afterward are also straightforward, and any non-technical person can handle it. So, if you don’t have a problem with a single-band WiFi router, you can happily go with this one.
9. TRENDnet AC750 Wireless VDSL2/ADSL2+ Modem Router
We considered the TRENDnet AC750 vdsl2 modem router as one of the best DSL modem router combos because of its price and impressive features.
Our team couldn’t find another model so reliable that it comes with a DSL modem and high-speed WiFi connectivity. Moreover, it has Ethernet ports and USB-3.0 ports like a high-end combo.
- The high-performing router has AC750 standards, which will provide a maximum of 300+433 Mbps speed.
- The high-performing modem can support VDSL2/ADSL2+ ISP networks, which can give you a downstream of 200 Mbps.
- It comes with 2 USB-3.0 ports and 4 Ethernet ports for connecting multiple devices to increase your productivity.
- Its capability of connecting multiple devices will ensure WiFi for all members in your house with maximum speed.
- Internet connectivity is secured with multiple firewalls and your home.
Furthermore, TRENDnet ensured maximum security while designing this modem router combo. It has pre-encrypted wireless so that no one can breach your home WiFi’s security. Also, the router comes with the necessary firewalls and security features.
As a result, you and your kids can enjoy the internet without getting to see its dark side. It can support multiple devices, ensuring fast connection and impenetrable security. So, it will be the best option for those who don’t need to cover a large area and have a tight budget for this gadget.
10. ZOOM ADSL Modem/Router with Wireless-N
With the capability to connect over 253 wireless and wired devices, you will have a device for supporting a large home or office.
You might think that no matter how powerful this combo is, it won’t be able to cover a large area. That is right, but you will be proven wrong in the field because of its WDS compatibility.
- This is a Wireless-N router that is capable of providing 300 Mbps speed over wireless connections.
- The modem supports ADSL connections with a maximum of 27 Mbps download speed and 1.2 Mbps upload speed.
- It is compatible with a wireless distribution system so that you can use wireless repeaters for more coverage.
- It has a built-in IPsec VPN Endpoint, which in other terms, is a hardware VPN for advanced networking.
- The router has all the necessary firewalls and security features to ensure a safe home or office network.
With that feature, you will be able to add repeaters and extend the coverage. Moreover, it comes with a hardware VPN feature and a secure IP management system to manage this massive number of devices.
This can be the perfect solution for large homes or mid-sized offices with standard modem features and an impressively capable router. If you wonder about its security, you can buy it worry-free as it has an encrypted system with firewalls to prevent all types of attacks.
What is the best DSL modem router combo?
If you want to buy the best ADSL router, you must ensure some common values. Not only ADSL but also VDSL modem router combos are also considered.
Knowing this information, you will be able to research yourself and find out the most suitable one for you. But if you don’t have the time, you can simply order one from above.
Firstly, call your service provider and ask them if your desired Device is compatible with their technology. What is the point of looking for more features if the Device is not even compatible, right?
Secondly, look for the number of ports of the combo and decide accordingly. What we mean is that you have to do an audit of your home. And count the number of wired connections. After that, look if your short-listed combo offers that many ports.
Then, read the reviews and know what users are saying about its performance and durability. Also, look at how easy or complex to configure and maintain the device.
Finally, if you have any specific requirements, you should look for that feature in that combo.
You can choose the best cable modem for Xfinity for those who have a cable internet connection. Those combos also support other major cable internet service providers. However, don’t go before knowing our recommendation for you on the DSL modem router combo.
Our experts think that buying TP-Link Archer D7 will be the wisest choice for any home or office. If you think it will be a little bit expensive for you, you can order TRENDnet AC750. That is only a modem, and you can use the internet on your desktop or smartphone without buying an additional router.
Well, you got our recommendation, but you may still not be sure about how you can save money. If you consider the monthly device rent you pay to your provider, you will see that one of the best DSL modem router combos costs less than one year’s rent. Moreover, you will be the owner of it. So, be smart and make the wisest move right now.