Are dash cams only for safety? No, those are effective in capturing some rare moments, along with proving your innocence in an incident. For this reason, we will review some of the best dash cams under 100 dollars with the best camera quality in the market.
We are emphasizing on camera quality over other features because the whole point of having a dash cam will be meaningless without it. However, we did not omit other essential features and tried to explain which one is the best for which requirements. So, let’s jump right into the reviews, and please don’t skip the recommendations in the end.
1. APEMAN Dash Cam
If you are okay with a single camera dash cam setup, you should go with this one. A lot of people put their trust in Apeman, and the company didn’t fail us. With easy menu navigation, necessary features, and crystal-clear image quality, this car camera will serve your purpose perfectly.
- 1080P FULL HD DASH CAM - Simultaneous recording with Super High Resolution 1080P FHD Lens, and 3...
- 170° SUPER WIDE ANGLE - This car driving recorder employs 170° super wide angle lens. Ultra-wide...
- BUILT IN G-SENSOR - With built-in G-sensor, apeman dashboard camera can automatically detect a...
We use APEMAN Dash Cam 1080P FHD DVR device to keep the evidence of an occurrence. The device has G-sensor, parking monitoring, video-lock, and night vision capabilities, which make it ever-ready. After a thorough review, we saw all of those factors to be present in this dashboard camera.
We also considered the assessments of the verified purchasers. Combining all of these criteria, not only us but also you will agree that there can be one or two camera models that can challenge this one. The eighth product manufactured by CHORTAU also has the same price, but it comes with a rear camera. That is why we couldn’t declare this as the best one for a very low budget.
- The cameras come with WDR and HDR features, which ensures clear viewing even in low-light situations and at night.
- Its parking monitoring mode will not record video, but it can be activated in case of forced entry or bumps.
- In case of accidents, this device enables a video-lock mechanism to securely store 20 seconds of the video starting from the moment of the impact.
- To get a broad view, it comes with a 170-degree wide-angle lens that can capture 1080p video.
- With 32 GB memory capacity and cycle recording features, you won’t lose any vital moment before transferring.
2. Rexing V1-4K Ultra HD Car Dash Cam
Among all other best dash cams under 100, this one comes with WiFi connectivity. For this reason, you will be able to see the live feed or download the previous video from the device without any wire connection. There are many great things about this one, but you should know that it doesn’t come with a GPS module.
- ULTRA HD DISCREET DESIGN DASH CAM: Top OV4689 image sensor captures beautiful 2160p video even while...
- 170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS & WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE: The 7 layer glass lens opens up to capture a...
- SUPERCAPACITOR & PARKING MONITOR: The dash cam uses a supercapacitor which can withstand extreme...
For the price, the GPS should have been included. However, you can still connect a GPS separately without any complicated setup process. On the other hand, you can manage and monitor using its mobile app very easily.
From real-life users, we came to know how reliable the camera is. In spite of great specs and performance, it didn’t match our expectations for the image quality. Please don’t misunderstand because Rexing v1 dash cam is capable of providing explicit videos, but the competition is fierce, and we have better options in our hands. So, keep scrolling, and you will be awed.
- The camera lenses are capable of 4K video capturing with an adjustable 170-degree wide-angle view.
- Its built-in WiFi feature with let you share the footage through a mobile app without using any wired connection.
- There are supercapacitors inside, which are used for emergency recording and embracing extreme weather conditions.
- You can buy and connect a GPS module separately, and this device will automatically configure the module.
- It can monitor your vehicle while it is parked with a gravity sensor and loop recording features.
3. YI Smart Dash Cam
YI Smart Dash Cam 2.7″ is truly a smart dash cam because of its ADAS software that you will get with the device. The full form of ADAS is called the Advanced Driver Assistance System, which alerts the driver by smart lane detection. If an object or other vehicle is close to you and is in your way, this feature will automatically detect and warn you.
- Features 165 ultra wide-angle to reduce blind spots and obtain full 3 lane coverage. F1.8 apertures...
- High Definition Image and First-class Night vision - 1920x1080p 60fps high speed video recording...
- Emergency recording feature - Enabled by G-sensor technology, the camera automatically saves footage...
Although the screen size is small, you will be able to get a full view of the road because of its 16:9 aspect ratio. Moreover, the wide-angle lens can provide 165-degree or a maximum of 3-lane coverage.
On the other hand, it will give you a clear picture in low light conditions as well as at night with its F1.8 aperture and advanced night vision technology. The lens also features 6G glass and infrared filter, which reduces glare and produce a sharper image.
- Surely, you will get a full HD video at 60 frames per second rate for videos that are presentable as evidence.
- With optimized detection algorithms in ADAS, you will be able to get warnings before an accident.
- The device is capable of connecting to your mobile so that you can watch some video previews or download the desired clip.
- On the front side, there will be no blind spot due to its wide-angle lens and light-sensitive sensors.
- It comes with a built-in WiFi so that you can share videos with only one touch at 2.4GHz frequency.
4. TOGUARD Backup Mirror Dash Cam
This is not only one of the best dash cams under 100 but also the best dash cams for truckers. We are recommending this one for truckers because of 3 reasons. The first one is its waterproof back camera, which you can connect to the reversing light.
- 7" IPS Touch Screen and 1080P FHD Recording: Simultaneous recording in 1080P front view and 480P...
- Reversing Camera Kit for Safe Parking: Connect the red wire from the rear camera to the reversing...
- Parking Monitor and G-Sensor: Triggered by the Parking Monitor, the dash cam will automatically turn...
When you put your truck or car in the reverse mode, the feed from the rear camera automatically switches over the full view. Also, you will see guidelines so that you can smoothly and quickly do the parking. This is our second reason, and the third reason is the large monitor, which is also a mirror.
You can replace your rear view mirror or driver mirror with this one and have a 7″ touchscreen monitor. Because of the touchscreen operability, you won’t have to press any annoying button and manage the camera feeds effortlessly.
- The front camera resolution is 1080p, where the rear camera resolution is 480p with wide-angle viewing lenses.
- The rear camera is waterproof, and water or dust can’t damage it even if it is exposed to the rough weather.
- With an iron body and 2.5D advanced anti-glare glass on the front, this sure will last longer than you expect.
- Though the rear camera is not HD quality, you will still get a clear view and parking assistance.
- It comes with a G-sensor that starts and locks the video right after the moment of an impact.
5. Crosstour 1080P Car Dash Cam
We wanted to list this one as one of the best cams but couldn’t because of its not-so-good video quality. The images are clear enough, but you can’t get the expected quality as it is marketed with a 1080p video recording. Also, the low-light video experience was not very pleasant.
- 3 INCH LARGE LCD SCREEN CAR RECORDER - Combined with 1080P Full HD and 12MP resolution, this dash...
- BIG APERTURE AND WDR TECHNOLOGY - Combined with big aperture and wide dynamic range(WDR), you can...
- BUILT-IN G-SENSOR CAR DASH CAMERA - With built-in G-sensor, this dash cam can automatically detect a...
However, a lot of people love Crosstour 1080P Car DVR Dashboard Camera for its low price and performance in other features. For the price, we think that the camera quality is reasonable. The camera of this device can cover a 170-degree view, and you can see the live feed on a 3-inch large screen.
Finally, ordering this product will get you G-sensor for vibration detection of any kind. Theft attempt or a shock of any kind will activate the locked video recording feature for future reference. Moreover, it can detect motions which ensures a perfect parking monitoring system.
- The camera runs on your car’s power and comes with an internal battery for emergency recording while the engine is off.
- The memory slot of this dash cam allows for a 32 GB MicroSD card so that it can record high-resolution 1080p videos.
- The loop recording ensures endless video recording capability and motion detection records accidents and attempts of theft.
- Its WDR technology and F1.8 front aperture ensures a clear picture at night or any low-light conditions.
- The G-sensor can detect any vibration and start a recording for 20 seconds that can’t be overwritten.
6. WheelWitness HD PRO – Premium Dash Cam
We picked this car camera for our list of the best dash cam under $100 because it comes with a GPS module. After a lot of research, we found many products at a similar price but without a GPS module. For this reason, WheelWitness hd pro dash cam is an Amazon’s Choice dash cam for semi-trucks. So, will you go for the other models and leave a helpful feature?
- Picture Perfect High Resolution Video - Equipped with an exceptional Ambarella A7LA50 processor and...
- WDR/HDR Technology - WDR enables the camera to pick up greater detail in dark shadows, ensuring that...
- G-sensor and GPS - The G-Sensor is capable of automatically detecting accidents and saving all of...
That is right, and no one should take such because it comes with other crucial features that makes this one of the preferable cams. Firstly, its camera quality is above average with the ability to record videos at a resolution of 2304x1296p.
Also, it has WDR and HDR features so that the device can capture clear images at low-light or night. The monitor is capable of producing high-quality live feed with its powerful processor and improved lens. So, let’s see other critical features of this camera and make a wise decision.
- The GPS module will allow you to use the map precisely, track your vehicle, or see the record of its movement in your smartphone.
- The G-sensor can detect attacks on the vehicle, which activates the camera if it is in standby mode.
- Its loop recording ensures continuous video recording, which you can watch on another display through the HDMI port.
- It comes with a powerful Ambarella A7LA50 processor to process 2304x1296p videos without any lag.
- The device comes with 2 mounting options where one is a suction cup, and another is a sticky mount.
7. AUKEY Dash Cam Mini
Finally, here we are with a mini dash cam, which is the most favorite for a lot of drivers. These mini cameras are low-profile, easy-to-maintain, and high-quality video recorder. Moreover, this model from Aukey wide angle dash camera comes with supercapacitors inside for emergency power supply when the engine is off.
- Clear Video Capture: The DR01 backs you up in any road incident. Sony Exmor Sensor captures...
- Emergency Recording & Loop Recording: Emergency Recording automatically captures unexpected driving...
- Extreme Temperature Operation: Powered by the included dual-port USB car charger and internal...
The lens is capable of capturing 1080p video and can cover almost 4 lanes in front of the car. As a result, the camera will not miss any incidents that may happen in front of you. We heard a lot of complaints about battery failure, which won’t be the case for this device.
For withstanding extreme heat or cold weather, Aukey used heavy-duty materials to build this one. You will be able to mount it very easily and quickly with either a suction cup or double-sided pad. Our recommendation is to go for the double-sided 3M pad to avoid the possible inconveniences for suction cup mounting.
- At 30 frames per second, the camera can capture 1080p video utilizing the Sony IMX 323 sensor.
- The 170-degree wide-angle lens is capable of capturing satisfactory evidence to eliminate the risk of losing insurance claims.
- Its loop recording management system records videos with ten-minute segments and rewrites the old records.
- The emergency recording and G-sensor ensure that there will be no chances of missing any unwanted event.
- You can expect clear image quality in low-light situations because of its large F/1.8 aperture and HDR features.
8. CHORTAU Dual Dash Cam
Taking place at the best dash cam under 100 list was easy for this dash cam. We fell in love, immediately seeing its pricing, features, and performance. For somewhat under 50 bucks, you will be getting a full-featured dashboard camera system with rear camera and night vision IR LEDs.
- 【Dash Cam Front and Rear】This dual dash cam equipped with 1080P resolution front camera and...
- 【Loop Recording & Emergency Accident Locks】: Seamless loop recording overwrites the old footage...
- 【Dash Cams with Parking Mode】 : The dash cams automatically powers on and starts recording as...
Both the dash cam front and rear camera has IR LEDs with wide-angle lenses. As a result, the device won’t have any blind spots or blurry videos at night. This is important for all drivers, and this device is suitable for all types of vehicles.
On the other hand, you can get help for parking smoothly as soon as you hit the reverse gear. It will activate the rear camera with parking guidance on the monitor. With all these features along with the other ones, we think you should take a step for your own security.
- The front and rear cameras have 6 and 4 IR LEDs with 170-degree and 130-degree wide-angle lenses.
- The 32 GB memory card slot is enough to capture hours of videos, and the loop recording feature ensures its endlessness.
- The back camera is waterproof so that you can mount it outside and water or dust can’t harm it.
- It comes with G-sensor and emergency accident lock so that important moments in an accident are recorded safely.
- The installation and configuration process is very simple and takes only 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
9. KDLINKS X3 Dash Cam
This is an average-featured dashboard camera with common characteristics except for the video quality. This small device is no way to be underestimated regarding its capability. You can expect to capture 2.7K 2688×1520 Super HD videos, which you won’t get in any model on this list.
- 2.7K Super HD Quality (2688*1520) - 2018 New Technology
- Automatic Motion Detection – Once movement is detected, the X3 begins recording for a short period...
- Superior Night Vision – The 6-glass lens design and wide dynamic range (WDR) give you...
KDLINKS X3 wide angle dash cam has motion detection sensors to ensure and video lock system so that the records of accidents can’t get lost in any way. With an internal battery, the device can automatically turn on or off even if the engine is off.
With its superior night vision, you will not worry about order to get evidence for incidents at night. Moreover, you will be able to park with some assistance from the camera.
- The X3 is like a mini dash cam with a 170-degree wide-angle lens and 2.7K super HD video capturing capability.
- While your car is parked, its motion detection system will provide you the necessary surveillance feature.
- Its 6-glass lens and superior night vision will ensure clear viewing even at night.
- The cycle recording feature can ensure continuous recording, although it has a memory capacity of 128 GB.
- The body is colored with pure black and comes with a sleek and minimalistic design that gives it a low-profile.
10. TOGUARD Dual Dash Cam
This is the last one on our list of the best dash cam under $100, but that doesn’t suggest a lower-grade product. This Toguard dash cam is preferred by Uber, lyft, or other taxi-service providing drivers.
- 【FHD 1080P Dual Lens Dash Cam】 With a 1.5-inch LCD screen, the 6-glass HD dual lens dash cam...
- 【Excellent Night/Day Vision & HDR Technology】 The interior facing camera with 4 infrared LED...
- 【Compact Design & Wide Angle Lens】 A well-built elliptical cylinder compact body makes it ideal...
The reason is its unique feature, which is a back camera built-in in the front camera. As a result, the video records can capture both the front view and an inside view of the car.
This is very important because often the passenger misbehaves or becomes violent, and one would need evidence of those incidents. It not only comes with cameras but also an internal mic that records audio as well.
- The front camera can capture 1080p video at 30 frames per second and 170-degree view.
- Another camera is placed beside the 1.5” screen along with a mic for recording with enough evidence.
- Both cameras have IR LEDs and night vision technology, which makes your driving safe even at night.
- To capture the car’s interior entirely, the rear camera has a 140-degree wide-angle lens.
- Loop recording and G-sensor are also present along with the parking monitoring system and more.
Which is the best dash cam under 100?
If you are looking for one single dashboard camera recommendation, you will not find it here. It is because the choices differ from person to person. We know that there are several features of a dash cam. And, none of them possess all of the elements in a single package.
That is why we chose 5 dash cams from the list and added some more information below. In the end, you will know which one suits the best for your situation.
- The Rexing V1-4K Ultra HD Car Dash Cam comes with an option for WiFi connectivity, Supercapacitors in the circuitry, and a mobile app for quick management. So, if you need continuous monitoring using your smartphone and improved battery life, you should go with this one.
- The TOGUARD Backup Mirror Dash Cam has a large 7” touchscreen monitor and a waterproof back camera. So, this one is perfect for those who drive heavy vehicles and hate buttons a lot.
- The WheelWitness HD PRO – Premium Dash Cam comes with a built-in GPS module along with other basic features. So, you can seriously consider buying it if your vehicle has a 12V power system and you need to track your vehicle. To be specific, semi-truck drivers are the most beneficiary users of this model.
- The TOGUARD Dual Dash Cam is unique with its dual night vision cameras and the monitor on a single device. If you mount it like other dash cams, you will be able to get the front view as well as the footage inside your car. For this reason, taxi or Uber drivers prefer this one over the other models.
- Finally, the CHORTAU Dual Dash Cam is our most favorite one with its clearest video quality, waterproof rear camera, and a very low price tag. Except for Uber or taxi drivers, we think this is fit for every other driver out there.
However, if you like the last one, our recommendation is to read the best front and rear dash cams reviewed in another article. Now, you must have got the one for yourself or scroll down a little and make the final decision.
As you might already have selected the one for yourself. But some of you might get stuck with multiple models and became really confused. If it is your case, we recommend CHORTAU manufactured dash cam will be the best dash cam under 100 for you.
In real life testing, we saw that this one could give the highest quality video, and that is what drove to this conclusion. Now, you have got everything you need, and you are just one click away from securing yourself.
Last update on 2020-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API