Cell Phone these days churns out with many technological revolutions that even come to complex to the tech-savvy person. On the other hand, different ages prefer different types of cell-phones. The seniors, in that case, is not an exception indeed. When they are affected by the dementia disease that caused them to remember and most importantly they can’t deal with cell phones unless they have the best cell phone for seniors with dementia.
So I believe that they badly need easy cell phone for dementia for that they can easily call via speed dial. Again, they need to have the most user-friendly experience. Keeping this in mind we are going to let you know the 5 best cell phone for seniors below
What’s the difference between normal senior phones vs dementia
The cell phone has lots of types as I have mentioned earlier. Therefore, when it is for seniors than there would be some differences and choices too. According to many types of research conducted in the USA, seniors are aged between 55 to 65 tend to have smartphones and somewhat they are not that seniors to be distinguished.
On the other hand, when the age rises then it comes to change and especially they require particular cell phones. More or less, every elder people at this age (65 to 80s), don’t love any compact or sophisticated phones.
Besides, senior people who have dementia disease at their last age, have many issues using a phone. First off, they have memory loss problems and thus they frequently forget many things that one needs to keep in mind for daily activities. Such as, they forget about people, names, and numbers. Hence, when they use a phone they face many difficulties, especially when they handle with the smartphone.
5 Best Cell Phone for Seniors with Dementia
1. Jitterbug Flip Easy-to-use Cell Phone for Seniors
The jitterbug is a great cell phone that comes with tons of features especially when a senior has dementia disease. A clamshell phone would be a great piece of phone, for this particular type of seniors so that they can easily handle it and it is durable too for the sustainable clam used on it. When they will look at the phone design they will find it absolutely sleek and vivid color red make them wow.
- Big buttons and large, legible numbers make dialing effortless; simple “Yes” and “no” menu...
- Activate with GreatCall and keep your current phone number. Choose a plan by phone or on the...
- Powerful speaker ensures every conversation will be loud and clear
- No long-term contracts or cancellation fees powered by the largest and most dependable Nationwide...
- Award-winning, 100% U.S.-Based customer service and support. Turn your phone into a personal safety...
As I am talking about the dementia disease hence, I need to focus on that more. I found it as one of the best for dementia patients due to the large button with bigger fonts, louder speaker experience and more importantly the phone can track current phone numbers. Since seniors like them tend to have memory loss situation then this phone will help them a lot.
The user experience of this cell phone is remarkably unbeatable, when you will compare it with the modern devices. As you are looking for a phone that can minimize the compactness and other boastful features, then it would be just perfect. It is small in size and less sophisticated that seniors love to use and easily make a call from the speed dials. Moreover, there would be no contract plan thus you can make affordable calls to any corners to the USA after activating the great call. They exclusively design it adding the M4/T4 system and thus the sound quality comes great.
- It has big buttons and large numbers keeping the Yes/No menu buttons for receiving calls and cancellation.
- It is compatible with the GreatCall network that is the nation’s most trusted network
- The powerful speaker is absolutely loud enough to hear and that is clear without any noise.
- It is compact with the link app so that user’s family come to know about their health and safety
- No cancellation fees and no contracts
2. Jitterbug Smart2 No-Contract Easy-to-Use 5.5”
Some seniors do love touch screens phones instead of keypads for them Jitterbug brings this cell phone. The 5.5″ size of a cell phone is easy to grab in hands with lightweight. As we know that most of the seniors and especially the dementia patient unable to read small texts on the phone. Keeping this in mind it comes with easy to read features.
- Large touchscreen makes it even easier to read. The 13.0 Megapixel built-in camera with flash has...
- Simple menu organized in a single list with large letters and icons makes it easy to navigate. Our...
- Easy-to-use smartphone with exclusive features that are only available on the GreatCall network....
- No contracts or cancellation fees with dependable Nationwide coverage. Affordable, flexible plans...
- Award-winning, 100% U.S.-Based customer service and support. Turn your phone into a personal safety...
The phone is made in the US and thus whenever you need any help to solve the problem the US-based customer service will pull you out from the trouble. Surprisingly, the service has a 5-star rating. More or less, it has some common feature which is truly important to call them a smartphone. Like the voice, typing would be great instead of typing.
When you can’t find a good camera in another regular cell phone, it has a 13MP camera so our seniors can enjoy taking pictures. Apart from that, it has 16 GB memory that is expandable up to 32 GB. The battery life would be even better whereas the smartphone easily dried up with power and it can run 12 hours constant conversation.
- It has a bigger touch screen and UI features of it are specially designed for the seniors
- Large letters and easy to understand icons present it as simple as possible to the seniors
- The network stands by the GreatCall network that is the US most trusted and secure network
- The 13 MP camera can take excellent shots and easy to use for photo sharing
- It is a US-based phone and the customer service has an award-winning reputation.
3. Volwco Seniors Cell Phone
Volwco Seniors Cell Phone comes with a lot of attention that you need to think about. It has so many things that a senior can be benefited from it starting from the bigger buttons with larger fonts. So, they can easily track the numbers and the flip feature also gives them ease to keep it in the pocket. By the way, the GSM cell phone would be the best for seniors who hate being smart with smartphones at their elderly age.
- Dual Display Senior Cell Phone: 2.8'' HD Main Display 1.77'' external screen, easy for seniors to...
- Big Button Seniors Cell Phone: Big keypad for easy dialling, big legible numbers and large fonts for...
- SOS Button: SOS button is a must for seniors, with one touch connection to emergency services and...
- Large Battery Capacity: Built- in 1200mAh detachable battery, talking time up to 5 hours, standby...
- 0.3MP Back Camera, Supports Micro SD memory card up to 8GB (not included), supports FM Radio,...
Now comes to the display of this cell phone. The dual display phone comes with a 2.8″ display and the external display on the flip side is a bit smaller (1.77″). This display will help seniors to easily track and the two display has a great versatility indeed. The dialing mode is fun and easy to read when a call is going to someone or receiving.
Most importantly, they design it with the SOS button for the emergency that help them to track with the families, if necessary. And, surprisingly, it works with the one-touch connection. The call quality is excellent and a senior with less hearing power can easily and properly hear over the phone. By the way, all these features including in it also suitable for kids apart from the elders.
- It has a separate dual display and both of it come as great use and maximize the user-friendliness for elders and kids.
- Keypad dialing mode is easy with bigger buttons and larger fonts and one can easily see it through
- SOS button specially designed to the dementia patient and kids for an emergency call to family
- Large battery backup (1200 mAh), and it has a detachable battery that keeps standby 168 hours
- 0.3 MP back camera and the phone supports 8GB memory and FM radio and mp3/mp4 are included as features.
4. Unlocked Senior Flip Phone
Unlocked Senior Flip Phone is a sleek designed phone for the seniors. It is not a smartphone but whatever it infused is great indeed. The flip phone has dual cards with dual standby mode. The dual-screen mode will make you wow as they are colorful and sleek. The main attention of it you can answer any call without opening up.
- [Dual Screen Advanced Flip Phone]---2.4-inch high-definition main display color screen, dual- color...
- [SOS Big Button] --- This button for older phones is large, separate, with raised markers for easy...
- [Universal in the world]---2G T-Mobile cell phone, supporting GSM (2G) 850/900/1800/1900 and WCDMA...
- [Big Battery]---800mah battery, this advanced phone unlocks the big button, high volume can use up...
- [Additional Functions]--- Camera,MP4,MP3 player, Dual SIM Dual Standby, FM...
This is made as simple as possible as most of the aged senior citizens don’t like the sophisticated design. For that, it has 2G supported GSM and surprisingly run by many languages separately. The high volume of it helps a lot especially with the hearing problem with the seniors.
By the way, when they will see a call is coming they can see it through the external display and promptly answer that call. This phone is small in size that makes it great ergonomics to use. The battery backup is great to deal with calls and standby longer hours than you can imagine.
- It has a dual-screen advanced mode with 2.4 inches of HD display along with the external display that shows the clock and answering calls.
- SOS bigger button specially designed as larger, separated from others and excellently raised markers for easy dialing or browsing.
- Excellently versatile in many set up such as English, Russian, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Ukranian and Arabic.
- Bigger battery with 800 mah support longer hours like 6 hours incall is an absolute win
- Other additional features like Camera, MP4, MP3 player, Dual SIM Dual Standby, FM radio, Recording, Bluetooth, SOS
Snapfon has brilliantly designed for senior people with three special features. The keypad lock slide switch avoids accidental calls, if necessary. As you know the elder people, especially those who has dementia disease do many mistakes and making accidental calls is pretty common. Hence, it really helps them while the lock is activated, however, they can receive the call while locking it.
Secondly, the speaking keypad is another great feature and pretty sure you won’t see it common in other phones. Therefore, they can now don’t even need to dial the numbers and just speak it over the phone and the phone automatically dials the numbers itself. This will help them to use it with great user experience and makes it easy to make any call.
Afterward, the volume rocker is located at the side and it helps them the volume level according to what they want it to be. Besides that the menu is so easy to surf with tons of features like alarming mode, hearing aid support, low battery warning indicator. The overall experience of this phone that’s why user-friendly to the aged people.
- It has an SOS emergency button that alerts 5 cellular responders within voice and text message
- The keypad lock slide switch can avoid any unusual calls but can take incoming calls
- Speaking keypad allows without even dialing the keypads
- The volume can rise up to 120 dB and it can be adjustable at the side rocker
- Additional features like 4 alarming modes, hearing aid (M3/T3) Single battery with the
wall charger and low battery warning system
If you are looking for the best cell phone for seniors with dementia then, you need to consider a few certain things. They are easy to track the phone with minimum sophisticated features, SOS button to send calls instantly to the family, large buttons with bigger fonts. I have shown you the best five of them, and each of them has some differences as you can see. Suppose, some of them are mostly not smartphone excluding the one and all of them have great user-friendliness. Based on the patient’s condition and causes of dementia you may choose any of the cell phones for elderly with memory loss.
Last update on 2019-12-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API