We know that starting a business with not much capital can be challenging. You have to cut the budget in every section to stay within the limit. That’s why we’re introducing the Avaya phone system, which doesn’t cost much.
Here, we’ve listed Avaya IP office phones and other basic phones to choose the one you need the most. You can also check out the NEC phone systems that we reviewed in some other articles for your interest.
- Top 10 Avaya phone system 2023
Top 10 Avaya phone system 2023
1. Avaya Partner 18D Phone
Avaya Partner 18D is a very minimalistic phone for professionals who want to manage calls more quickly. You can set the most frequently used numbers for speed dialing with programmable buttons.
- The phone has 16 programmable buttons to call on outside lines or programs for different use.
- The display of this phone is comparatively small as it can show only 2 lines, but it can tilt to adjust the angle and will serve the basic needs.
- Moreover, it has built-in buttons for conference calls, holds or transfers a call, and calls your colleagues through its intercom system.
- It has a full-duplex 2-way speakerphone and HD audio quality for hands-free operation.
- It can record messages, and there is a dedicated LED to alert you to incoming messages immediately.
Another feature that professionals widely use is hands-free calling. This phone has that feature, and you can go hands-free with its built-in speakerphone and microphone. Moreover, the speakerphone has full-duplex technology to ensure high-quality audio calls and clarity.
The phone also has a message indicator so that you won’t miss any important messages for long. You can also quickly increase or decrease the volume, place a call on hold, or transfer a call to other relevant numbers.
All of the important buttons are at your fingertips. Finally, the design and function of this phone are so easy that anyone can use it with their intuition.
2. Avaya 1416 Digital Telephone
Avaya 1416 Digital Telephone is a perfect phone for receptionists, assistants, and managers. People from different professions also love this phone for its simplicity and ease of use.
You can’t beat a 4-line display with all the necessary features at your fingertips in a phone. It has everything you need for fast navigation and quick action.
- You can add a maximum of 3 button modules so that you can give support when the business grows more, adding more important numbers to the list.
- The phone has a dedicated headset jack so that you can connect a headphone and talk hands-free by pressing the built-in handset button.
- For talking hands-free, this phone also has a full-duplex speakerphone so that your client can hear your voice clearly and you can talk while they are talking without feeling interrupted.
- You can adjust this phone’s display for your suitable angle and view it clearly with its 4 lines and 24 characters for each line.
- Moreover, this phone has multiple language support, and it gives you the option of 8 customizable ring patterns.
Its 16 programmable buttons with dedicated dual LED lights for each line attracted us. With these buttons, you can call frequently used numbers more quickly than ever.
You can also hold, transfer, or mute a call by pressing only one button. That way, you can be in control of the conversation and increase customer satisfaction.
Lastly, we want to talk about the display and settings. Its 4-line display is decent for quick and easy operation. The phone comes with a navigation cursor and 3 soft keys for searching and setting different features. Also, the built-in speakerphone will give you the flexibility to talk a little bit further and do other important things.
3. Avaya 1408 Digital Telephone
The display of this Avaya 1408 digital phone is not as big as the previous one but still big enough than most others. For this reason, you’ll not have to lean to the screen to see who’s calling.
The display quality is quite good for an easy and quick view. There are 4 soft keys right beneath the display for menu selection and setting the preferences. We think the Panasonic small business phone system will also interest you if you like this phone.
- The Avaya 1408 digital phone is capable of handling many lines depending on the server, and it can be up to 100 lines.
- With this phone, you can set up a system with Avaya Aura Communication Manager 5.2.1 and IP Office Release 6.0.
- This phone has an easy navigation cluster and 4 soft keys so that you can easily go through the menu and set your preference quickly.
- The 1408 phone comes with all basic features like other phones.
- The 8 programmable buttons come with 2 dedicated LEDs so that you can quickly understand which one you need to answer.
On the other hand, it is capable of letting you talk without holding the handset. It’s possible because of its full-duplex speakerphone. Moreover, it has a headphone jack and a button so that you can connect one and talk.
This feature is important because you can’t tell confidential information with the loudspeaker on and can’t have long conversations. That’s why a headphone is more important in professional calls.
The phone’s 8 programmable buttons are not much, but it is enough for small businesses. However, you can support up to 100 clients with this phone, depending on your server and adding some extensions to this phone. So, growing your business won’t be an issue, and you won’t have to ditch the phone when you need more support.
4. Avaya 9508 Digital Phone
Avaya 9508 is another great telephone for small or medium businesses. It has a large screen, but you can’t adjust it by tilting it as it is fixed to the terminal.
However, you can set it for better viewing with the desk stand that comes with the package. Moreover, if you think that the phone is taking too much of your desk space, you can wall-mount it with the necessary accessories.
- The display of this phone is very big, with 8 lines and 32 characters for each line which is important for virtual programmable button positioning.
- You can place this phone on your desk with its dual position stand or hang it on the wall with a wall-mounting option.
- With more server capability, you can support more clients with this phone and grow your business without spending on a new phone.
- There are general-purpose keys and fixed keys that include some basic phone features.
- Finally, you can add 3 additional button modules that don’t cost much and quickly program for more numbers and calls.
This is smarter than other basic telephones regarding the programmable buttons. You’ll see 8 programmable button status indicators, but there are 3 pages on display.
As a result, you get a total of 24 featured buttons with virtual positioning. The status indicators have red and green LEDs for each so that you know which one is active and act quickly. So, this is one of the best multi-line phone systems for small businesses.
This phone features HD audio quality and more call features for clear talking and important conversations. It also has full-duplex speakerphones so that you can talk hands-free.
It has a headphone jack and a button to give you more flexibility and privacy. So, you can connect the headphone of your choice and talk for hours without holding the handset and take notes or do other important things.
5. Avaya 9608 IP Phone
We loved this phone the first time we saw it because of its look, functionality, and performance. No matter what we say, the praise for the display won’t be enough as it is very large and has monochromic technology.
So, you can see the screen clearly even when there’s direct sunlight on display. Many professionals have desks with access to direct sunlight, and this is the perfect IP phone for them.
- The display size is 3.2″ x 2.2″ and monochromic, which makes you feel like you’re looking at a paper that’s more natural and clear.
- This phone uses wideband audio so that you don’t feel that call quality is compromised in any way.
- Another unique feature of this phone is the built-in dual indicators for incoming message waiting.
- With the full-duplex speakerphone and built-in headphone jack, you can talk hands-free for hours with more comfort.
- You can add a maximum of 3 expansion modules that have 12 or 24 programmable buttons with dedicated status indicator LEDs.
The software of this phone is very intelligent, and that’s why you can perform more tasks even if there are not many buttons. Its display and 4 soft keys play a vital role in that quickness.
For quick menu navigation, it has a 4-way cluster. Moreover, you can add more programmable buttons for supporting your growing business without spending more on new phones.
To our surprise, we saw that it has built-in 2 Ethernet ports for LAN or PC connection. It opens up more opportunities to use this phone in different situations.
This phone also supports Bluetooth and a headphone jack. As a result, you can add wireless headsets or headphones easily. This will give you the mobility and flexibility you need as a professional.
6. AT&T Partner MLS-12
If you want a phone with all the basic features but a price that’s way less than your imagination, this is for you. From other platforms, the price is higher, and you should check this phone from here to get the best price.
Surprisingly, the phone has no display, but you won’t need such a phone with a screen to perform the basic day-to-day call handling.
- It has 10 programmable buttons for frequently used phone numbers or any other important feature as per your requirement.
- The fixed keys include a feature, conference, hold, intercom, and transfer for quick and easy actions.
- It has a 2-way speakerphone so that you can talk without holding the handset to your ear.
- The phone can support you with other Partner systems so that you expand your network initially with less cost.
- With its red and dedicated message indicator light, you will never miss an important message because of no alert.
Except for the display, it has all other common features like programmable buttons, a full-duplex speakerphone, and more. You get the general-purpose keys for the fixed buttons, including one for call transfer, one for call hold, one for quick intercom, one for features, and one for an easy conference.
The phone also has a message indicator light in the middle so that you can see it and attend to the message as soon as possible. If you think of expanding your phone system, you can add some of this as it is compatible with the available Partner systems.
We got reviews that state the amazing call quality of this phone. You can’t beat a classic, and this phone will support you for many years without failing for once. You can also check out AT&T’s small business phone systems to explore more possibilities.
7. Avaya 1608-I IP Phone
Are you thinking about a phone that can handle a lot of calls every day without giving you headaches? Your search is over as you can buy the Avaya 1608-I Global IP phone.
This phone has other standard IP phone features along with the Power over Ethernet feature. So, you won’t need to spend on a power adapter like many other desk phones.
- Considering diagonal measurement, the display is 3.5″ with 3 rows and 24 characters for each line.
- There are 8 dedicated buttons that you can program to call different numbers, and it has dual LEDs for status indication.
- The speakerphone has 2-way operability so that both parties can talk at the same time and still be able to hear each other.
- You can keep it on your desk or mount it on the wall to free up some desk space.
- The phone has 2 Ethernet ports to connect the phone with a PC separately for more features.
This phone has a large display with 3 contextual soft keys for menu selection and more. The menu design is easy to navigate and set your preferences.
As a result, you can personalize 8 different ring patterns and do a dynamic or static address assignment. Also, it helps by alerting you to incoming messages with a dedicated LED indicator.
You can expect this phone to use on Avaya IP Office 6.0 and Avaya Communication Manager 3.0 systems. It will still be compatible if the software version is upgraded to newer. There are other featured buttons and fixed keys so that you get everything at your fingertips and act quickly.
8. Avaya MLS 12D Telephone
This is a very old-looking phone with all the basic features like other listed phones here. The price of this phone is not that less, and that’s why we prefer some other models to this one.
- The display has 2 lines that can show you the duration of the call along with the time and date.
- The number of programmable buttons is 10, and you can use them for speed dial or as a specific feature-enabling key.
- You can conference, transfer, hold, mute, and intercom within seconds with the fixed keys.
- You can expect to use this phone on Partner Plus, Partner II, and Partner ACS phone systems without any compatibility issues.
- Finally, it has a message waiting for an indicator for quick status checks and attending to important messages.
You can quickly call someone or use a very important feature with one touch. It is possible with its dual LED 10 programmable buttons and those LEDs are really helpful for quick status indication. It also has other buttons for conferencing, call-transferring, holding, and enabling loudspeakers.
For hands-free talk, the speakerphone comes with a full-duplex feature. As a result, you can talk and hear the other party clearly like you’re talking on your handset.
There are some of the best PBX phone systems for small businesses on our website but not this one. But you shouldn’t just go with it even if it doesn’t meet your needs. So, choose according to what your business needs most.
9. Avaya 1692 IP Conference Phone
If you think that you’ve got enough options for your internal phone system and want something for your office’s conference room, this is the one you should consider.
This conference phone from Avaya has a powerful microphone that can catch your voice from 12 feet away clearly. So, almost everyone in the room can talk without getting too close to the device.
- With its powerful microphone and additional extenders, you can cover a room that’s up to 20’x30′, which is more than enough.
- It has a total of 12 telephone keys and the other 10 keys for different features for better call management.
- The ethernet port of this phone features 10/100 Base T to ensure maximum speed while you’re talking.
- This IP conference phone supports G.711, G.729a, G.722, and Siren 14 voice codecs for more functionality.
- Also, the phone is compatible with Avaya Aura (Communication Manager) R4.0, TN799C, and TN2302AP IP MedPro.
Also, it catches sound from all around it, covering 360-degree, and that’s why many professionals seriously consider this IP conference phone. Moreover, you’ll find that the price is within your budget range, and you can extend its range by simply adding 2 additional microphones.
It has all the basic keys on the large keypad so that you can manage calls almost like your regular desk sets. You can have personalized ring patterns with dynamic or static addressing on this phone.
Powering the device will not be a problem as you can power it via an Ethernet cable. The Avaya 1692 is a great IP conference phone, but you can also consider a Polycom conference phone as it has a great reputation in the industry.
10. Avaya B149 Conference Phone
Finally, we are going to end the Avaya phone system review with one of the best conference phones in the market. Not only the look that you’ll love but also the features and its ease of use that’ll impress you greatly.
With this conference phone, your office will have a modern look, and you’ll be able to have the latest technologies for conference calls.
- This is a great conference phone with a guide to making group calls with a one-touch option.
- You can extend the coverage by adding additional microphones to the main console.
- This phone comes with all suitable preset settings that you can start conferencing right out of the box.
- The speakers have full-duplex and Unisound features so that all people in the room can talk and hear at once with better quality.
- This one has a large screen for a better view and all the basic keys that you need for conferences.
This phone has a sophisticated build, but the interface is very user-friendly, and anyone can use it with their intuition. The price is a bit high, but it is worth your investment.
Better call quality on this phone comes with Omnisound audio technology. With that feature, no clipping or background noise will be heard by your client.
That is vital to have a smooth business meeting and close a deal. With better call quality, you’ll also be able to record the call for future references.
You need to install an additional MicroSD card on the phone to do that. Moreover, the phone has a phonebook that’ll give you quick access to 50 contacts and 20 call groups.
Among the 10 Avaya phone systems, we recommend Avaya 9608 IP Phone is the best one that’ll serve your purpose without failing for many years within a very low price range.
You can also consider AT&T small business phone or Cisco phone systems for small businesses as both brands have a well-established reputation. So, you can be sure that you’re not betting on losing.
On the other hand, you can choose Avaya B149 Conference Phone and order one today to get the best conference call quality for your office. It has great features, a brilliant design, and reasonable pricing.