Do you own a small or mid-sized business and have a PSTN line or T1 line and need VoIP or SIP trunking setup but can’t afford it right now? If the answer is yes, you should check out the AT&T synapse phone system. What is a synapse phone system?
The synapse phone system is a hybrid phone system that gives you VoIP features but works with your existing PSTN or T1 lines. It supports more connections and users than the traditional phone system. So, these will be perfect multi-line phone system for your small business.
- Difference between an ordinary phone and synapse phone system
- Extra benefits of using these phone systems
- Top 5 AT&T Synapse Phone System in 2020
Difference between an ordinary phone and synapse phone system
There are some key differences between an ordinary phone system and a synapse phone system. We’ve discussed those differences in detail so that you can take a better decision.
- For an ordinary phone system, you’ll need to invest a lot of money to set up VoIP or SIP trunking. But with AT&T’s Synapse phone system, you can get those features with a fraction of that cost. It’ll support and give flexibility more than a full analog phone system.
- With ordinary phone system, you’ll face a lot of complexity and a lack of mobility. But the synapse phone system is easy to learn despite their large network. Also, it allows you to add wireless handsets or desksets with a range of 500 feet. So, mobility will not be an issue.
- Ordinary phone systems don’t offer a hybrid solution. But the synapse phone systems are hybrid giving you more flexibility than you need. It allows up to 4 PSTN gateways and 1 T1 gateway which is capable of connecting with 39 outside lines. So, you’ll have a phone network that has more connectivity than ordinary phone systems.
- Moreover, you won’t need any extra setup to administrate the synapse phone system. Saving you a lot of costs, you can do in-house phone administration with its easy-to-use designed system.
Extra benefits of using these phone systems
We’ve read the differences between an ordinary phone and a synapse phone system. The advantages of the synapse phone system are really significant. But the AT&T synapse phone systems we’ve chosen for you have some extra benefits. Let’s see what those extra benefits are.
- The first benefit involves having a long-range that can cover your entire office space. You can add a maximum of DECT 6.0 repeaters made by AT&T to the main console and get strong half a mile radius of the wireless signal. So, carrying the handset with you, you’ll get the maximum mobility within your office compound.
- These are multi-line phone systems. So, auto-attendant on each line is necessary and you’ll find this feature enabled on every AT&T synapse phone system. Also, you can customize the recorded message for the attendant system for day and night separately.
- Taking the phone out of the box and supporting many users is not a common feature in ordinary phone systems. But with our chosen phone systems, you can get multi-line with more user support right out of the box.
- The need for a walkie-talkie will be replaced if you buy our recommended phone. It’s because the phone systems have a push-to-talk intercom system that mimics the features of a walkie-talkie. Also, it allows broadcast a message for all handsets.
- If you have a DSL connection, you’ll not have to compromise the connection as many ordinary phone systems are not compatible. But these phone systems have DSL compatibility by using a DSL filter.
- To install a phone system without changing the current network setup is not a common scenario. But you can do that with these synapse phone systems. That’s how you’ll save a lot of money and time in the process.
- Finally, the PBX systems of the ordinary phone systems are complex and need extra setup for administering the phone system. On the other hand, our recommended phone systems are easy to install and administer without the need for any additional administration setup. Also, the overall cost for the synapse phone systems is less than other phone systems with similar features and functionalities.
That’s all the extra benefits of having a synapse phone system. Now, let’s move on to the review section.
Top 5 AT&T Synapse Phone System in 2020
Here are the 5 best AT&T synapse phone system review you can choose from.
1. AT&T SynJ SB67158 Small Business Phone System
With all the benefits of the AT&T synapse phone system, the SynJ SB67158 is capable of handling 4 analog lines with line status appearance features. So, you’ll be able to handle multiple calls at the same time without hanging up on the current call. The phone also supports 11 users without needing to buy any additional accessories. But that is not the limit. You can expand the phone’s network by buying more desksets or handsets.
- Refer the User manual and Troubleshooting steps below
- DECT 6.0 Technology
- 1- to 4-Line Capability. Compatible with TL7600 cordless headset, compatible with TL7800 cordless...
The range of this phone system is unprecedented. You can add up to 6 repeaters made with AT&T DECT 6.0 technology to increase the range for up to half a mile. So, you can move to any corner of your office without losing the signal of the main console and take calls instantly with HD call quality.
Also, if you feel the need for a walkie-talkie to instantly contact your coworker, this phone can meet that need. It has a push-to-talk intercom calling feature which allows you to reach any colleague without having to press the call receive button. Moreover, it can broadcast message and you can call all your coworkers for meeting with a single announcement. As a result, a lot of time and effort will be saved.
- Corded deskset with 4-line operability and expandable up to 10 handsets
- Allows up to 6 repeaters with half a mile range without compromising quality with its DECT 6.0 technology
- Advanced digital answering machine with recording capability for up to 100 minutes with other features
- Large display and keypad with backlit to be able to use it in low-light conditions.
- Paging, call-transferring, intercom calling between handsets, headset compatibility, and dual speakerphone options
You may like 6 Best AT&T Business Phone Plans in 2020
You may also like 10 Best AT&T Small Business Phone Systems in 2020
2. AT&T SB35025 Syn248 Corded Deskset Phone System
AT&T’s business phone service is top of the line and most of the professionals like the AT&T synapse phone system. The AT&T SB35025 Syn248 will support you with more features and functions than an ordinary phone system. This phone supports a maximum of 24 extensions and 8 lines. So, you’ll be saving cost as it’s not a traditional PBX system.
- A feature-rich communications solution
- Supports up to 24 extensions and eight lines
- Simple to install, simple to use, simple to manage
Moreover, the phone has an intuitive design and settings menu for easy operation with very little training. On the other hand, the phone can be integrated with your existing network without the need for extra wiring. Also, it’s dual Ethernet ports ensure less cabling and more connectivity.
It’s a feature-rich communication device with plug-and-talk technology that’ll increase the performance of the employees. The 2.75″ display supports quick operability. Similarly, the 9 programmable keys, 13 fixed-feature keys, and 3 soft keys ensure better call management with everything at your fingertips.
- Multiple line appearance on the 2.75″ display for quick action taking capability with 3 soft keys
- Intercom option and deskset paging capability with customizable paging zone
- Has auto-attendant on each line for different day and night option
- Talk freely with speakerphone feature and headset compatibility
- Has dedicated indicator for voicemail option and can record up to 30 minutes of the incoming messages
3. AT&T SynJ SB67108 Small Business Phone System
For the AT&T synapse phone system, you might have bought a phone and want to add more handsets to the main console. If that’s the case, you’re looking at the compatible handset for your phone network. The AT&T SynJ SB67108 is an expansion handset that can be a perfect match for your 4-line base station.
- DECT 6.0 Zero Blind Slot Digital Technology
- 1 to 4 Line Capability
- Push-to-Talk Intercom—From Base to Handset and From Hanset to Handset
Moreover, this handset can handle your clients with its advanced auto attendant system. You can set different greetings messages for each line. On the other hand, the phone maintains DECT 6.0 standard so that you get maximum range without any weak signal and have HD call quality.
The handset has improved voicemail boxes with flexible customization options to improve customer satisfaction. Finally, you’ll find that the handset is capable of intercom calls between handsets and has line status appearance features for better call management.
- Connects with the main console with DECT 6.0 technology without having any blind spot or the possibility of wiretapping
- From base to handset and handset to handset push-to-talk intercom facility for instant connectivity
- Compatible with 4-line operable main console and expandable up to 10 handsets with only one phone jack
- Customizable auto attendant system on each line with separate greeting option
- Capable of handling more than one call with its line status appearance
4. AT&T Synapse SB67025 IP Phone
AT&T Synapse SB67025 Is an IP Phone that works both corded or cordless, so you have the free choice to use your communication device at any position. It also can be mounted to the wall if you need the facility. If you use your phone at night, this offers a backlit keypad also. It comes with a bunch of programmable feature keys and some soft keys that are context-sensitive.
This phone is a perfect fit for a growing business. As your business grows, your phone needs to be upscale over time. This phone is scalable to multiple outside lines and has numerous extensions supporting capability, so, if you are looking for a business phone that can complete your communication setup, this will be a wise choice.
This phone is DECT 6.0 supported, so it will support an Auxiliary AT&T DECT headset. It is capable of handling 10 calls at the same time. So, your clients will be able to reach you at any time and don’t find you engaged. With multiple calls handling with multiple headsets, you will be able to give them a better customer service experience.
- A 2.7 inches LCD display and a backlit keypad if you work at night
- 30 Minutes of recording time for voice mail service
- 9 programmable keys and 3 Context-sensitive keys for better work-efficiency
- A phonebook with 50 numbers storing capability
- Dual 10/100 PoE Enabled Ports for extended VoIP service
5. AT&T SynJ SB67148 Small Business Phone System
If you own a small business and you are in a mess with the existing corded phone that doesn’t let you get off the desk while talking, AT&T SynJ Is the one you want to go with. It is a cordless multi-line Deskset that gives you the maximum flexibility to stay connected even while you are away from your desk. It supports multiple repeaters that will give you a whopping extended cordless mobility.
- DECT 6.0 Zero Blind Slot Digital Technology
- 1- to 4-Line Capability. Note: Product is a stand-alone phone.
- For use with AT&T model SB67118/SB67138/ SB67158
This desk set supports up to 4 analog lines at the same time and multiple users to use it simultaneously. This phone is DECT 6.0 supported, that makes sure that you are getting a far superior quality calls than traditional phones. It also provides higher sound quality, better range in the wireless system and of course, better security against wiretapping.
With this deskset, all your employees have the ability to customize their own voicemail boxes. Using this facility, they can customize their messages according to their daily schedules. This allows them to give your customers better service and handle their queries effectively. Need to broadcast an announcement? With this phone set on your desk, it’s just a button away to broadcast a message.
- Connects up to 10 cordless desk sets and handsets for higher efficiency at work
- Capable of connecting up to 11 users and 4 RJ11 lines at the same time
- Supports up to 6 AT&T DECT repeaters with a range of a mile or 2 of cordless connectivity
- DECT 6.0 technology to deliver a better signal than a conventional 2.4 or 5.8 GHz signal system supported phone
- Push-to-talk feature to connect with multiple channels and broadcast quickly
The AT&T synapse phone systems are for those businesses that are small but need some functionalities of VoIP and can’t invest a lot of money on such a setup. With any of our 5 products, you can get the advantages of a synapse phone system with a little cost. These multi-line phone systems for small businesses are more capable than traditional multi-line phone systems.
Among the reviewed phone systems, we think AT&T SynJ SB67148 is the best because of its great features, flexibility, and durability. Buy that phone and you’ll have more connections than your business needs. However, you can also check the Panasonic small business phone system for your convenience.
Last update on 2020-04-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API