For small businesses, it is important to have a phone system that is reliable and provides high-quality audio with easy call management. Also, it needs to have options to upgrade and expand. The AT&T small business phone systems have all of that.
That’s why we chose 10 phone system multi-line phone systems for small businesses from AT&T. Here, we’ve divided the phones into 2 categories. The first one includes 7 phones that can operate on 4 lines simultaneously. And the second one includes 3 phones which have 2-line operability.
10 Best AT&T Small Business Phone Systems
4-Line AT&T small business phone systems
4-line phone systems are really helpful for small or mid-sized businesses. If you think you need to maintain a lot of calls every day, you should get a phone system with more than 2 lines. Also, these phones have more features to support a big phone network in your office.
1. AT&T SB67118 / SB67138 Corded-Cordless Phone System
If you aren’t happy about all the phone systems’ cordless range, the AT&T SB67118 / SB67138 will make you happy. You can increase the range between the handsets for up to half a mile with its range extender. So, you can take business calls at home if your home and office are close by.
Moreover, the phone has an auto attendant on each line to guide the caller through the company directory. It makes convenience for new callers and knows which extension to reach without getting puzzled.
The phone system includes a base station, cordless deskset, and multiple handsets. You can place push-to-talk intercom calls between these devices instantly. It is possible even is your colleague is making an outgoing call. So, you can call anyone if it’s an emergency.
- Enhanced mobility with DECT 6.0 technology that performs better than 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz band without interfering wireless router signal.
- It has 10 intercom numbers and 10-speed dial numbers for quick calling.
- Based on different functions and needs, it allows group and individual voicemail boxes for each extension.
- It also has a lighted large display so that you can see the caller’s name clearly and dial easily with its keypad.
- You can transfer calls between handsets so that no calls get disconnected because of dialing mistakes.
2. AT&T 984 Small Business Phone System
This all-in-all PBX phone system can be expandable for up to 16 stations and has all the features to manage calls. The directory of each station can store 200 names and numbers. With a huge 32-number speed dialing feature, you can call the most frequent numbers with one-touch.
- Page, Intercom and Call Transfer Between Stations
- 1 to 4 Line Capacity
- Mix & Match with AT&T Models 945 and 974
This model from AT&T is compatible with AT&T’s model 974, 945, 944, 955, and 964. So, you can have a missed phone system. Buy each station according to its user’s requirements. So, there’ll be no compromisation on-call management.
Its digital answering machine is capable of recording 20 minutes of important messages. So, you don’t need to write anything down while you’re talking. Also, you can check the messages of your base station while you’re away. That’s a plus for not missing anything important.
- It has a large base LCD screen to access the settings menu and see the caller name clearly.
- In case of power failure, you’ll not lose your settings with the phone’s memory loss protection.
- Complete hands-free operation is made possible with speakerphone feature and headset compatibility.
- It also has a 6-number redial, mute, hold, and flash functions for more efficient management.
- This is a 4-line phone and it makes the lines available during busy hours.
3. AT&T 1080 Small Business Phone System
This 4-line phone has a large 4 lines of LCD display with clear view. The phone also features 32-speed dials and 16 intercom buttons. The buttons are distinguishable and placed with a decent gap. So, you won’t make mistakes while dialing someone.
- DECT 6.0 Technology, Speakerphone
- 1 to 4 Line Capability , Expandable to 16 Stations with AT&T Models 1040, 1070 and 1080
- 32 Speed Dial and 16 Intercom Number Locations
The phone system is expandable up to 16 stations so that you can have a large PBX phone network for your small business. Moreover, the DECT 6.0 technology in this phone makes the line secure from wiretapping and interference. For this reason, you can have the same call quality on the handsets like the deskset.
However, you’ll need a telephone operator or an assistant to guide your clients through the company directory and forward calls to the required extension. It’s because it has an auto attendant on each line which also helps to record voice messages when the called party is not present.
- Installing a working 9V battery will make the basic calling and answering feature available while there’s a power outage.
- Quick calling is done with a 32-number speed dialing feature.
- The phone is DSL compatible and you can use it with DSL filters or splitters.
- To record incoming messages, outgoing announcements, and memos the phone has a digital answering machine and it can record for a maximum of 60 minutes.
- It also has a hearing aid, 3-party conferencing, and headset compatibility with a clear hearing speakerphone.
4. AT&T 974 Small Business Phone System
The great thing about the AT&T 984 phone system is that it is compatible with some other models. This feature is important because, with it, you won’t have to compromise other desks with only one type of phone. For different requirements on different desks, you can buy different phones and have a mix phone network without any complication. This will also enhance the performance of your employees regarding call management.
- Page, Intercom and Call Transfer Between Stations
- Mix & Match with AT&T Models 945 and 984
- 200 Name/Number Directory
On the other hand, it is a 4-line phone. So, set it up for auto line changing feature when the mainline is busy. This way, your clients will never see the line busy even on busy hours as you can take 4 calls at the same time.
Moreover, this phone has a lot of buttons which makes it quicker and easier to operate. It has a 32-number speed dialing system and other fixed buttons. So, doing the everyday tasks will be quick as you’ll have everything at your fingertips.
- This model is compatible with 974, 945, 944, 955, and 964 phones so that you can meet your office’s needs.
- The fixed buttons are helpful for one-touch redial, mute, flash, or hold.
- It has an advanced built-in answering machine to attend the caller and guide through the directory.
- The machine can record messages for up to 20 minutes and you can check recorded messages even when you’re away.
- Also, it has a power failure emergency feature to keep your settings in case of a power outage.
5. AT&T SynJ SB67148 Small Business Phone System
This phone system doesn’t need wired connections for the base to base connectivity. So, you can save money on the wires and invest it in buying wireless extenders. As a result, you’ll get a range of half a mile which means a lot of office space will be covered.
- DECT 6.0 Zero Blind Slot Digital Technology
- 1- to 4-Line Capability. Note: Product is a stand-alone phone.
- For use with AT&T model SB67118/SB67138/ SB67158
Right out of the box, this phone can handle 4 lines and up to 11 users with cordless handsets. All of these connections are secured with DECT 6.0 technology. So, you can stay assured that no one can wiretap your line. Moreover, you’ll also not face any interference from the nearby wireless router’s signal.
Replacing the walkie-talkies, you can still reach your coworker with its push-to-talk intercom system or broadcast a message to the whole team instantly. So, you can save a lot of time going to individual and tell them the message personally.
- It has a customizable voicemail box for each extension so that it’s convenient for the clients.
- You can have and manage multiple calls at the same time with its Line Status Appearance feature.
- The auto attendants on each line will guide your clients effectively.
- The whole system is expandable for up to 10 desksets and cordless handsets.
- You can also have intercom and call transferring feature between the extensions and base stations.
6. AT&T SynJ SB67158 Small Business Phone System
Another great phone system from AT&T like AT&T SynJ SB67148 is the AT&T SynJ SB67158. It also has a great range and the option to add enough handsets to support a small business. As the system doesn’t require wires, you can spend the money on extenders.
- Refer the User manual and Troubleshooting steps below
- DECT 6.0 Technology
- 1- to 4-Line Capability. Compatible with TL7600 cordless headset, compatible with TL7800 cordless...
The investment in the increasing range will help you cover the whole office space and you’ll have the ultimate mobility. Moreover, you’ll not get weak signal strength far from the base station as it connects with the DECT 6.0 technology.
The setup of the phone system is so easy that you won’t need a technician to set it up. Reading the user manual, you’ll be able to do it yourself within minutes. Also, the large screen and easy menu settings make it easier to handle calls.
- This 4-line phone system is compatible with TL7600 and TL7800 cordless headset to support up to 11 users.
- The buttons, keypad, navigation pad, display, and function keys are designed in such a way that you use it with your intuition.
- It has an auto attendant on each line to guide the caller through the directory and record a message when necessary.
- The push-to-talk feature allows you to connect with your coworker instantly and the intercom feature helps to broadcast a message saving a lot of time.
- Wiretapping is impossible as the phone uses DECT 6.0 which also ensures improved call quality on handsets.
7. AT&T SB67035 Small Business Phone System
The first thing you’ll notice about this phone is its huge display. The phone has a very efficient design on the outside and in menu settings. The buttons are placed wonderfully so that you can reach every single one of them without much effort.
Moreover, the PoE feature of this phone eliminates the use of a power adapter. With the Ethernet cable, it can transfer data and get power at the same time. Also, it has the capability to extend the system from one to sixteen lines outside. So, you’ll never need to worry when your business needs to grow.
However, the whole system is easy to install, manage, and administrate. For example, it has soft keys that indicate different options for handling different calls on different lines, the large display and quick navigation buttons on the side are helpful for easy operation and more. So, this is a phone which is perfect for your business.
- Its automated attendant helps the callers.
- The base station has DECT 6.0 enabled so that you can add two cordless extensions.
- It has advanced security and functionality with DECT 6.0 and time-to-time upgrading software.
- It also has 16-line operability with the option to add up to 50 extensions.
- You can transfer calls, page, hold, mute, and use many more features on this phone.
2-Line AT&T small business phone systems
The 2-line phone system is specially designed to maintain small businesses. If you’ve started a new business with less than 3 or 4 employees, you should consider this phone system. The features and specification, phone design, and operability are perfect to handle not too many calls which make it perfect for small business.
8. AT&T TL86103 Corded-Cordless Phone System
This is a 2-line corded/cordless phone system. So, you can call on one line, keep talking, and take a call on the other line. So, your clients will almost never get the official number busy. This is an important part to set a good reputation.
- Place and receive calls on two different phone lines.
- By connecting to your mobile phone with BLUETOOTH-enabled technology, this system allows you to make...
- Download up to 6,000 cellular phonebook entries onto the cordless handsets.
Moreover, the corded deskset will give you instant call receiving capability without having to find the cordless set. Also, the cordless set will give you the mobility and hands-free operation when needed. So, you get the advantages of both deskset and handset.
On the other hand, this phone allows you to store 3000 contacts which help a lot with making calls. Also, you can connect more devices with the main console for better call management.
- 2-line operability allows a 3-way conferencing including you and 2 other parties.
- Its Bluetooth technology allows 2 cellular devices and 2 landlines to connect wirelessly.
- It’s compatible with Microsoft Lync and Skype for more calling options.
- The system is expandable up to 12 handsets and connects all with DECT 6.0 technology.
- The set can operate with power over the line mode and has ECO mode for less power consumption.
9. AT&T TL88102 Cordless Phone System
The great thing about this phone is that you can go full cordless or choose to keep the main console’s handset on its place. Moreover, you can be completely independent of the main console without moving the main handset. It’s possible because you can add a maximum of 12 to expand the network.
- DECT 6.0 digital technology; Intercom between handsets and base unit
- Conference between an outside line and up to 4 cordless handsets
The phone system uses DECT 6.0 technology for uncompromised connectivity. It ensures security and strong signals within range despite having Wi-Fi or other interference. Also, you’ll get HD call quality which is made possible with its unique antenna design and noise-filtering technology.
Another big advantage of having this phone system is to have a base speakerphone. It’ll allow your hands-free operation. Also, the high-contrast backlit LCD will give you a clear view and low-light operability with a lighted keypad.
- There’s an option for making intercom calls between handsets and the base unit.
- You can make a conference call with an outsider party and 4 inside cordless handsets.
- It has 50 names and number phonebook and 10-number speed dial.
- With the digital answering machine, you can record 14 minutes of messages for each line.
- The phone has multiple language settings and 20 numbers redial feature.
10. AT&T ML17929 Corded Telephone System
There are 2 noticeable features of this phone. One is that you can go totally hands-free with its ClearSpeak speakerphone technology. Also, it is has 2.5mm jack which means you can plug in a headset and do other important tasks. Another best thing about it is that you can have the 18 most dialed phone numbers at your fingertips.
- 2-Line Operation, Caller ID/Call Waiting
- 18 Number Speed Dial, 100 Name/Number Phonebook Directory
- Speakerphone;It is portable
Again, the phonebook of this phone can store up to 100 contacts. Moreover, you can dial 2 other clients at the same time and have a 3-way conferencing. You can see the history of 99 incoming or outgoing called entries.
The phone can record messages with date and time stamp so that you don’t miss out important messages for long. Overall, this is a phone system that helps you manage incoming calls more efficiently.
- It has a large display with 3 lines for better viewing.
- The menu navigator can make your navigation through the menu easy and quick.
- The 18-number speed dial system allows quick calling.
- The keypad has enough gaps between the buttons for mistake-proof operation.
- It allows multiple languages including English, Spanish, and French and is compatible with hearing aid.
As all of the phones that appeared on our list have multi-line operability, we feel obligated to inform you of the setup process of the multi-line phone system properly. It’s true that you can’t do the whole thing completely by yourself.
But with this guide below, you can surely save some money. You’ll need the help of a technician from your phone company to run a wire from the phone box placed outside of the building to the inside. After that, you’ll need no one else’s help.
- For a 2-line phone system, you’ll need one wire and for a 4-line phone system, you’ll need 2 wires. It’s because each wire can carry 2 lines. Once the technician has done his/her part, you need to call the phone company. Then, tell them to activate the 4 lines so that a call is redirected to another line automatically when the called line is busy.
- Now, plug-in the cable into your phone and power it on.
- After that, choose the settings according to your requirements.
- Next, pair the handsets with the base station and expand the network.
- Finally, place the handsets or connected desksets to their respective destination desks.
There are cordless phone systems for which you won’t need to run wires. But the cordless system has a range limitation. So, you may need to buy wireless signal extenders in case your office space is large.
The reviewed phones are the best PBX phone systems for small businesses. But what is the best AT&T small business phone system that we can choose from this list? The answer is AT&T SynJ SB67148 Small Business Phone System which will give you service for years without calling in sick for even a single minute. Jokes apart, you can also consider AT&T TL86103 Corded-Cordless Phone System for a 2-line phone system.
Last update on 2020-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 10 Best AT&T Small Business Phone Systems
- 1. AT&T SB67118 / SB67138 Corded-Cordless Phone System
- 2. AT&T 984 Small Business Phone System
- 3. AT&T 1080 Small Business Phone System
- 4. AT&T 974 Small Business Phone System
- 5. AT&T SynJ SB67148 Small Business Phone System
- 6. AT&T SynJ SB67158 Small Business Phone System
- 7. AT&T SB67035 Small Business Phone System
- 8. AT&T TL86103 Corded-Cordless Phone System
- 9. AT&T TL88102 Cordless Phone System
- 10. AT&T ML17929 Corded Telephone System