AARP discounts are one of the best choices for seniors to save money on most of their purchases. People who are eligible for AARP membership and looking to buy a phone can go through the top AARP recommended cell phones.
Here, we have compiled a list of the best AARP cell phones for seniors. You can sort these phones based on the service plans and features they offer.
AARP means the American Association of Retired Persons. This organization has been providing plenty of benefits to qualified seniors. However, these benefits are applicable only for seniors who are above 50 years of age.
Since mobile phones have become an essential tool in our daily lives, AARP strives to provide the seniors with the best mobile phones with affordable plans, so that they can help them get instant help in case of any emergency.
Benefits of Being an AARP Member
If you are a member of AARP, you can enjoy all the benefits and discounts which include car rentals, insurance, vacation packages, mobile phones, etc. Most of the well-known cell phone brands are providing huge discounts for AARP seniors.
To get more information about the discounts on the cell phone plans and discounts on AARP landline phones for seniors, you need to go through the AARP portal and look for the offered discounts.
- 5 Best AARP Recommended Cell Phones 2022
- 1. Samsung Galaxy A01
- 2. AARP recommended cell phone Samsung Galaxy A10e
- 3. Motorola Moto G7 SUPRA
- 4. Nokia 3.1 Plus AARP recommended cell phone
- 5. LG Escape Plus AARP recommended cell phone
- Things to Keep in Mind While Comparing AARP Cell Phone Plans for Seniors
- What to Consider When Buying AARP Cell Phones for Seniors?
- Final Verdict
5 Best AARP Recommended Cell Phones 2022
1. Samsung Galaxy A01
If you are looking for a durable phone at an affordable price, then you must know the features of Samsung Galaxy A01. This is one of the best AARP cell phones for seniors who love streaming web content and also looking for 4G compatibility.
Key Features Of The Samsung Galaxy A01
- With the 5.7-inch infinity display, you can see the contents on the screen with clear details.
- The versatile 13/2 MP dual rear camera helps to capture photos with clear details.
- It comes with a 3000mAh battery and power-saving mode, which helps you to scroll your contents, text, and take calls for a long time.
- You can expand the storage of the phone up to 512GB. So, you will never run out of storage.
- The microphone of this phone allows you to take calls with high voice clarity.
One of the best things about the Samsung Galaxy A01 is that it does not take much time to charge up the phone. It gives a decent battery life based on the usage of the person.
2. AARP recommended cell phone Samsung Galaxy A10e
For seniors who prefer a cell phone with powerful performance and reliability of the brand, Samsung Galaxy A10e is the right choice. Moreover, the price of this cell phone is pretty affordable. The screen size of this phone is 5.83-inch which gives a great viewing experience to the user.
Key Features Of The Samsung Galaxy A10e
- The large 5.83-inch HD display feels comfortable in hand, and also provides an immersive viewing experience.
- This phone comes with a 3000mAh battery which provides a decent battery backup. The background applications are properly optimized because of the octa-core processor.
- The voice clarity is also pretty high in this phone, as it supports HD voice calling and also Wi-Fi calling.
This phone gives enough storage to store important files, videos, and other content as it comes with a decent 32GB storage. In case, if you need to expand the storage, you can do it with the help of an expandable slot.
3. Motorola Moto G7 SUPRA
If you are looking for a phone with powerful battery life as well as a good screen display, then Motorola Moto G7 SUPRA is the right choice for you.
Key Features Of The Motorola Moto G7 SUPRA
- The display of this phone is 6.2-inch, which is good enough to stream the videos and also browse the web content with super high clarity.
- It comes with a monster 5000mAh which easily lasts for about three days with average usage.
- The Autofocus LED cameras can capture perfect pictures on any occasion.
- It also comes with a face unlock and fingerprint sensor for more security.
This is one of the top AARP recommended cell phones on the list because it comes with a premium finish at an affordable cost. Moreover, the screen of this phone is dust and water-resistant. The photo quality taken by the cameras is pretty decent for the price it comes.
This phone is very light in weight and feels very comfortable in hand, even after taking hours of calls. It is one of the best reasonably priced phones in the market after the G5 and G6 models.
4. Nokia 3.1 Plus AARP recommended cell phone
If streaming is of primary importance, then Nokia 3.1 Plus is the best cell phone to have. This phone comes with a 6-inch screen, and surprisingly, it does not make you feel uncomfortable while taking the calls.
Though the size of the screen is big, it does not feel bulkier at all. You can handle the phone easily without slipping out of the palm.
Key Features Of The Nokia 3.1 Plus
- This phone comes with a large 6-inch display which is decent enough for streaming video content on the phone.
- This phone has good network reception of 4G LTE. Hence you will not have any call drops.
- It comes with an expandable storage slot of 256GB.
- This phone has a quick charge 3.0 technology and charges faster than other cell phones.
- It has an HD voice calling feature, which helps in clear conversations.
This phone operates very smoothly because of its 3GB well-optimized RAM and also sufficient 32GB storage. The powerful processor of this phone also takes care of battery optimization, which ends up giving the best battery life for the phone. It is one of the best AARP recommended smartphone for seniors.
5. LG Escape Plus AARP recommended cell phone
Do you want to enjoy watching movies or video calling your dear ones amongst family and friends on a 5.45” HD+ FullVision display? LG Escape Plus is one of the best AARP cell phones for seniors.
Key Features Of The LG Escape Plus
- This phone comes with 32GB of storage memory. You can also extend it up to 64GB with the help of an optional SD card.
- It is very simple-to-use, compact, and light in weight.
- This phone easily fits in your palm and makes you feel comfortable while taking calls.
- The Full HD vision of the phone makes it more suitable for streaming and browsing experience.
- The phone wakes quickly with a double-tap
- On this phone, you can take down the notes with the help of the QuickMemo+ application.
It is equipped with an 8MP Full HD camera with LED flash and a 5MP front camera. This phone is a preferred choice for seniors who are looking for a phone with long battery life and also a proper call quality.
The battery life of this device makes it a good choice for seniors as they need not worry about charging the phone multiple times a day. The minimum activation plan for this phone is $60/mo.
Things to Keep in Mind While Comparing AARP Cell Phone Plans for Seniors
If you are trying to find AARP recommended cell phone plans for any seniors in your family, then make sure to focus on the below-mentioned points:
In the era of texting applications like WhatsApp, not many use traditional texting. However, if you are a senior individual who communicates a lot over the texts, only then do you need to consider a cell phone plan with unlimited texts. Else, it would not be a wise decision.
Depending on the frequency of the calls you take up daily, it is important to choose the phone plans. If you take up calls more frequently during the day, it is necessary to opt for an unlimited plan. If you do not take up many calls during the day, it is important to take up flexible plans like pay-per-go.
Streaming video content and browsing are not so easy without a proper data connection. If you want to speak to your loved ones or share important files with others, you need to have a proper internet connection.
If you are a senior who loves to speak a lot over video calls or text your loved ones on social media, it is wise to pick an unlimited data plan.
What to Consider When Buying AARP Cell Phones for Seniors?
Cell phones have become an important medium of communication. With the latest innovations in the field of technology, cell phones have also come up with many advanced features. Following are the two AARP best cell phone plans for seniors available in the market today. Make sure to check the one that best fits your needs:
Motorola Moto G7 SUPRA
This phone stands apart in terms of battery and performance. It is one of the top AARP recommended cell phones on the list, as it comes with a 5000mAh battery, and also the RAM management in this phone is well-optimized.
Apart from battery life, the best feature of this Moto G7 phone is its HD voice calling. You can take calls without any call drops because of its strong signal reception.
Also, this phone has added security features like fingerprint sensors and face unlock to protect the data on your phone.
Samsung Galaxy A10e
Vibrant HD display and powerful performance are what makes Samsung Galaxy A10e the right choice for any senior. The build quality of the phone is robust, and it can withstand any conditions.
Samsung Galaxy A10e is the right choice for those who have very less requirement of file-sharing but more of calling. This phone has Wi-Fi calling, which makes it easier to take calls with high clarity, even when the network of your service provider is low.
Cell phones are the best invention loved by people of every age as they help everyone stay connected. Moreover, it is a kind of companion that provides the user with a sense of security. They also come with additional features like GPS tracking, important file sharing, video calling, etc.
Not all seniors are comfortable using the advanced features of a cell phone. So, AARP has recommended several phones keeping in mind the user behavior and comfort of seniors. The AARP recommended cell phones are quite easy to use, and the plans are affordable as well.
If you have a lot of calling requirements, then you must choose a phone with HD voice calling or Wi-Fi calling feature. Moreover, the phone should be of a comfortable size to hold for long hours while taking the calls.
With detailed AARP cell phone plans reviews including their features and strong areas of performance, choosing the right AARP recommended cell phones will become a lot easier now.